1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Guest, PO has ceased our separate tiering and adopted Smogon tiers for SM. More information and updates here.

Dismiss Notice

A few more...

Discussion in 'Simulator Suggestions' started by Dragonknight, Apr 25, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dragonknight

Dragonknight New Member

A few more suggestions that could make this simulator better:

-Personal Trainer sprites?
    Maybe an avatar, or something in the place of the current trainer sprites, so people can see it. Of course, this is minor, but would be cool to have.

-This has probably already been said, but recoil,recovery, status, and entry hazard damage isn't shown, which hinders some strategic playmaking

2. coyotte508

coyotte508 Well-Known Member Administrator Server Owner Administrator Server Owner

Status is shown. And at multiple places. What's the problem with it? :s

About recoil, recovery, ... it's pretty explicit when the HP bars are animated.

Can you explain clearly the problem with those?

Personal Trainer Sprites deserve a thread for themselves entirely. Of course, it could be a cool feature to have, but the server would have it set off by default and I don't really like the idea so it wouldn't be me coding it as I have some other things that I consider more important to do.

3. zeroality

zeroality Artificial Insanity

I wouldn't want personal avatars if I were running a server, too much trouble to "police" them and make sure nobody uses anything inappropriate.

Extended battle logs would be nice, all that extra info is useful - especially when you're posting logs for other people to read. People reading the logs should be able to explicitly see all of what goes on in the battle.

4. coyotte508

coyotte508 Well-Known Member Administrator Server Owner Administrator Server Owner

Oh ok, then that's talking about extended logs. Maybe I can do something so that only the saved log contains the extra info.

5. Dragonknight

Dragonknight New Member

But I (among many others, im sure) prefer to get our battles done quickly, and the hp animations take too much time to watch. I was playing a game the other day and didn't realize my opponent was using life orb instead of choice scarf until too late.

6. coyotte508

7. Dragonknight

Dragonknight New Member

I see. Thats fine then. I guess i've been using shoddy too long XD.

Also, are there any plans to make it so you know what team you're using before you click the find tab, or accept a challenge? I think this would be helpful.

8. eric the espeon

eric the espeon is an espeon.

I see no real reason not to add in those messages, a sim can give information which you would otherwise be able to get in whatever form works best for players. Since you can see LO activating ingame (even if there is no message apparently?), it makes sense to show players the message.

9. coyotte508

Maybe then I'll put an option "Use Extended logs" ?

10. zeroality

zeroality Artificial Insanity

Yeah that would be really nice.

11. eric the espeon

eric the espeon is an espeon.

You know what would be really great, have an option to (at the end of battles only) save FULLY extended logs, all of the information which you could not get partway through a real battle but since you get it at the end does not give you an advantage and would be very interesting for analysing later, logs which include the result of every call to the RNG, exact damage from every attack (not just %), exactly how everything happened, and possibly the full teams of both players (this would be controversial, but it would be kinda good in a way. currently if you play someone twice the winner of the first match often has an advantage, they have seen their opponent's whole team.).

12. coyotte508

If this was ever added it would need ticking a box, and would waste extra server ressource (even if it can be afforded).

Well it'll be kept in mind, especially when later I want to allow a player to reconnect to a battle if he dced.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.