Guest, PO has ceased our separate tiering and adopted Smogon tiers for SM. More information and updates here.
Discussion in 'Official Tournaments' started by Withoutatrace, Aug 27, 2015.
tfw you LOSE because you woke up after one turn. i'm sorry team i keep letting you down week after week ._.
Won, good game
won vs bomber in a gg, he got a crucial frz on my boomlax but i got a wake up late game with jolteon that was super crucial too. Fun game overall man
Hope me and @Mister Tim can play tomorrow.
Escavalier has contacted Echelon but their timezones aren't working out @Specterito
You know they see all Men are created equal! But you look at me... And you look at Laurel and Adversary, and you can see that statement is not true. See normally if I go 1 vs. 1 with Adversary, you got a 50/50 chance of winning. But I'm a genetic FREAK, and I'm not normal! So you have a 25% chance at best to beat me. And then you add that sorry piece of shit Laurel to the mix, your chances of winning drastic go down. See the 3 way at Week 3 of POCL, I have a 33 1/3rd chance of winning. But I! But I have a 66 and 2/3rd chance of winning, because Adversary knows he can't beat me, and he's not even going to try or make activity, this is an activity post btw. So Laurel, you take your 33 1/3rd percent chance and minus it by my 25% chance, and you got an 8 1/3rd chance of winning for POCL. But then you take my 75% chance, if we was to go one on one, and then add 66 2/3rd chance to it, I got a 141 2/3rd chance of winning Week 3 for POCL. See Laurel, the numbers don't lie, and they spell out to you CASEDVICTORY for Week3 of the POCL.
big bad booty daddy out
@Celestial Phantom here's my percent chance of winning
Well, you got the genetic freak part right at least
Won @Azuki Azusa in a really good game. Lets get it boys! *-*
I communicated with IFM over the VM system here. We both agreed Monday was best for us to play. I proposed a time, he never responded. I've been here for 8 hours just waiting it out and he hasn't shown, considering that it's almost 3 AM his time I think it's safe for me to go to bed. He only gave one day on which he could play, and then didn't deliver. I'm not going to wait another 8 hours just to be stood up again.
Consider this an activity post. If you're reading this IFM, I understand if you're busy and we can try to do something before the deadline but you should have told me in advance if you were going to skip our match.
Cubone im not him manager lol
Sub him out ?
Your team has like 6 OU players there surely be one that can match his timezone
I could have gone with a sub but really you have like at least other 3 OU top players just sub him out for one that can play
And no specterito isn't my manager
I don't think I should be subbed tbh
im just too busy at work to smash ur fat ass
I get that but i just don't think i should be punished into subbing out my starter just because i'm better prepared in a backup situation. I'll try to help escav find a time to play dd but as the first one to contact on sunday, I don't think escav should be forced to sub alone
@Specterito sorry wrong team
Nas - Ether the shit that keeps your soul burn slow, I souled my soul to the devil and lost I think
I won against SOMALIA, gg
Glad I brought 2 losses to this shit ass team I was part of, hint hint if it wasnt obvious I purposely brought the shit I had in the bin for these weeks just to see you guys squeam, I'm out for now anyways, see you next year where another dumb manager will buy me despite me quitting the past half decade or so!
Somalia's new forum name is "Nas - Come Get Me" (he changed it) for those who are confused (although nobody should be because he literally quits every tour..I think this is the longest he has lasted in any POCL).
omg thanks for enlightening me finch don't know what i'd do without you
dont need ur sass
Someone predicted for SOMALIA to last 3 weeks, but I don't remember who. Time for you to cash in.
If that's the case, then might as well prevent it from occurring again.
Enjoy the tour ban.
I vmed SteveAngello on Wednesday stating my availabilities which were constricted to sunday and beyond. I got a rather vague answer of "no johns now", so I assumed he wanted to play Sunday which is something i would have rather not done. I was willing to make it work though. I didn't get an answer afterwards:
not trying to start a drama or anything but...
come on, escavalier has a crazy timezone and relatively limited times, that's not my fault. i have a "standard" timezone (it's fine to schedule with 99% of users here and in smogon) and a very wide range of available times, and now i'm forced to sub out?
doing that means that next POCL everybody could just get some 3k fijian GMT +12 player who can only play from 5-6pm on his time and then double sub so the opposing team won't have their starter. great strat!
anyway, i stand by my word. regardless of who i'm playing i'm available from 4 to 10pm on my time at any day, and i'm not getting subbed out unless MY TEAM wants me subbed out.
Here's the story about my match (I can screenshot everything, just hope it's not needed):
27th august: Mister Tim asks to play after weekend. Both Monday and today I've been here the whole time.
Monday he barely appears: I PM'd on PO and get no answer/he goes away.
So, I made a post in this thread where I tagged him, getting no answer;
today he shows up in a common Skype chat where I wrote him Monday.
mmm marco, i can play today till 6 pm your time
[16:21:46] Tim1656.: what about tomorrow evening?
[16:28:49] Tim1656.: +7
[16:29:01] Tim1656.: sorry
[16:37:03] asd devasd: i'd rather do it now
[16:37:08] asd devasd: or this evening
[16:37:13] asd devasd: i'm pretty screwed up tomorrow
[17:17:50] asd devasd: i think i'll be back late tomorrow
[17:17:58] asd devasd: like 9 pm
[17:18:14] asd devasd: if it happens to be earlier, we'll gladly take it
[17:18:31] asd devasd: it will be troublesome
[17:21:43] Tim1656.: let me 40 mins
[18:06:22] Tim1656.: marco
[18:06:25] Tim1656.: here?
[18:06:29] Tim1656.: g2g in 25 mins
So, basically "4:21- 6pm my time" was actually 6pm to 6:30 my time (and that's the only window i got to play him). I had to go for a while around 5:20.
About tomorrow, I told Mister Tim I could be back home at 9PM; actually I'll be back home at 6:30 PM GMT+2 best case scenario - 8:30 worst case scenario. Don't know about him (well, "evening" of GMT+3 looks compatible with those times).
@Mister Tim @CuboneThugsnSkarmory find a way to make it work.
drop gave me a bad start, its fine tho
Early drop gave me a great advantage early on and I abused the fuck out of it with Volt Turn pressure + some key plays.
lol i don't think you can really use someone's timezone as an activity factor
Activity, darren hasn't responded to my vm and idt he's been on since Saturday
"lost. sorry team" is pretty much my catchphrase now
My opponent missed our scheduled time (VM)
[22:57:38] D4RR3N: Ill be on later today
[22:57:45] D4RR3N: Ive been rly busy
[22:57:50] D4RR3N: Ask bouf if hes on in 12 hours
[22:57:53] D4RR3N: Or more or less
[22:58:54] D4RR3N: I cant get on now
[22:59:02] D4RR3N: Anyhow ill be on later anyway
[22:59:10] D4RR3N: Just wanna ask if hes on around that timeframe
[22:59:26] D4RR3N: Gotta get off again
im not gonna be able to get on at that time because school starts tomorrow and thats at 6 in the morning...
Won, gud fite
Apparently smogtour replays went down so no replay atm, but i did record my game live (poorly) for my YT chan, if you need that I'll upload it soon.
^that's my interaction with IFM regarding scheduling for this week. attempt #1 he tells me monday is best but never shows. attempt #2 (today) he gives me a specific time and I get online at said time, I've been waiting for an hour and he's not here. so I'm gonna do my homework and collect my activity win.
(for clarify he's 2 hours ahead of me so his 9:30 is my 7:30 and right now it's my 8:30)
sorry dude I know life's been busy for you. can't play when you don't show up though.
won in a mostly gg
shoutout to dude for Tyrantrum and shoutout to metal for johning
NP my bad. Practice went late again and I put lifting off til after. Was hoping to catch you later, but I see you aren't on. I'll be hanging around on IRC the rest of the night, but if it doesn't work out its on me.
Subbing in @henrie for Escavalier, @Echelon
Separate names with a comma.