1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

[Resolved] Replace 3d models with BW animated sprites

Discussion in 'Help' started by Pumone, Aug 30, 2015.

Moderators: E.T., Zoroark
  1. Pumone

Pumone Member

Hello everyone,
    with the new battle window we can use the new 3d models from XY/ORAS, but not everyone prefer these to the old school sprites.
    as title says: can I replace 3d models from ORAS to the old but gold BW animated sprites?

Last edited: Apr 3, 2016
    Nightfall Alicorn likes this.
  2. Nightfall Alicorn

Nightfall Alicorn Left Pokémon Online, most likely not coming back.

PO Trainer Name:
    Nightmare Moon
    Well, I know you can replace the gen 6 sprites with older ones you can have from gen 1 to 5. But I don't think the client will recognise animated gif format even if you have a large folder of the old ones. I think it would involve editing the client from source with Qt which I don't have any knowledge in.

3. Pumone

Pumone Member

Ok thank you.
    But now I don't understand where is placed the 3d models folder, ORAS 3d models are gif images so maybe I can just replace them with my favorite old ones?

4. Nightfall Alicorn

Nightfall Alicorn Left Pokémon Online, most likely not coming back.

PO Trainer Name:
    Nightmare Moon
    The animated sprites don't come with the client itself. The animations are streamed online during battle from a source I do not know I'm afraid.

If I'm correct. I think it be like a 100mb with just gen 6 since I've heard MidwayMarshall added animations to Android version. He probably knows.

@MidwayMarshall

5. MidwayMarshall

MidwayMarshall woof Forum Moderator Developer Forum Moderator Developer

6. Pumone

Pumone Member

I'm a noob in any kind of scripting and after many tries with no success, I'm here to ask you the following:

The animated sprites/models script can be found in the file FiledPokemon.qml at line 71

[​IMG]

For example if you play a local battle with 2 windows open and without Internet, the program will automaticly pick the .png file (no animations) placed in .../db/pokes/6G/sprites.

Maybe we can just replace .png files with .gif files? But then I'm sure we must edit something in some script to make the game "see" the .gif and no more the .png I don't now.

So I need the script to pick the .gif from a folder in my desktop or wherever without any Internet connection.

Can we create an indipendent folder with .gif pokemon inside and make the game "see" them?

I tried with replacing "http://pokemon-online.eu/images/pokemon/x-y/animated/" with "images/pokemon/x-y/animated/" but it didn't worked.

I know this is a strange idea and also a large amount of MBs, but I need it for reasons =)

Thank you.

7. MidwayMarshall

MidwayMarshall woof Forum Moderator Developer Forum Moderator Developer

looks more like a markup than a script. but the source should be relative to the location of the qml so you have to go upwards in the file path because that qml is in "qml\BattleDataQML" but images are at "qml/images" so try doing "../images/pokemon/x-y/animated"

Pumone likes this.
  8. Duster

Duster dodgerswin 2018

assuming you have your images inside "qml/images/pokemon/xy/animated/"

you need to replace that with "../images/pokemon/xy/animated/" since FieldPokemon.qml is in a subdirectory

edit WHAT THE FUCK

Pumone and E.T. like this.
  9. Pumone

Pumone Member

[​IMG]

I tried your suggestion but the result I got is white screen when starting a battle.
    Maybe we should edit the zip file placed in .../db/pokes/6G/sprites ??

10. Duster

Duster dodgerswin 2018

if you just want to use the gen 5 gifs, you can change the url in the original file to be "http://pokemon-online.eu/images/pokemon/black-white/animated/"
    note that this will fallback to the non-animated sprites for any gen 6 pokemon

Pumone likes this.
  11. Pumone

Pumone Member

Yes thank you I know that, but I need to use .gif files without any internet connection. I need the game to see the .gif in offline mode.

12. Duster

Duster dodgerswin 2018

then you can download all the gifs you want to use and put them inside a folder inside qml/images
    (something like qml/images/sprites/<gifs>), which you can then access with ../images/sprites/

the qml files have nothing to do with the zips inside the db folder

also, you're probably getting a white screen because you're missing the opening quote mark in the line you changed

Pumone likes this.
  13. Pumone

Pumone Member

Finally it works! Thank you for your help!

The right code to use is this

source: fieldPokemon.showing && battle.scene.newSprites ? ("../images/pokemon/x-y/animated/" + (back?"back/":"") + (pokemon.shiny?"shiny/":"")
    + ((femaleTry && pokemon.gender==2)?"female/":"") + padd(img.spriteRef&0xFFFF) + (forme ? "-"+forme:"") + ".gif") : ""

Moderators: E.T., Zoroark