1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Guest, PO has ceased our separate tiering and adopted Smogon tiers for SM. More information and updates here.

Dismiss Notice

[ORAS Monotype] Chains of Misery

Discussion in 'Team Showcase' started by Edna, Sep 9, 2015.

1. Edna

Edna Chasing the Dragon Forum Moderator Forum Moderator

PO Trainer Name:
    Edna
    Hi there, wanna share you another team of mine that I used during the League session that had good results, it will also allow me to explain my teambuilding.

Since the team is a Monosteel I had to deal with a bunch of threats such as Infernape, Kyurem-b, Landorus.
    My first idea of the team was some sort of Hazard Stack with Bisharp/Aegislash core that's really a good hazard controll for the team since one can spinblock and the other one can absorb defog to become a strong hitter.

[​IMG]

Bisharp (M) @ Dread Plate
    Trait: Defiant
    EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
    Jolly Nature
    - Swords Dance
    - Knock Off
    - Iron Head
    - Sucker Punch

Bisharp is a pokemon that I used to hate in early XY metagame because I used to think it was really exposed to burn a lot ( also a reason why I always ran Lum Berry as item). With Monotype getting rid of pokemon such as Mawile, Greninja and some others, Bisharp became an ideal pokemon to put into the team.
    Sucker punch and Knock off are the main stabs, and the moves I usually use the most, Iron head allows it to hits fairy type and sometimes some Rock threats. I use Jolly because I prefer having a speed tie with all Base 70 ( breloom, Cloyster) and also because it outspeeds some defensive threats ( Zapdos, Mew etc)

[​IMG]

Aegislash (M) @ Leftovers
    Trait: Stance Change
    EVs: 248 HP / 252 SDef / 8 Spd
    Sassy Nature
    - King's Shield
    - Substitute
    - Shadow Ball
    - Sacred Sword

Aegislash is the other part of the core, though I didn't make it offensive Weakness Policy or Spooky plate, instead I made it Sub Spe def for the following reasons: I needed a way of checking Monifighting more easily, a bunch of threats such as Conkeldurr who usually don't knock off first predicting King's shield or are scared of Weakness Policy, that gives me a way of set up and crippling monofighting a lot. I invest 8 speed because I know nowadays a lot of people run this set, and the 8 speed givin allows me to outspeed them and winning the Sub KS Sball war. This set can also tank one Earth Power from Landorus

[​IMG]

Bronzong @ Leftovers
    Trait: Levitate
    EVs: 252 HP / 224 Def / 32 SDef
    Sassy Nature
    - Stealth Rock
    - Gyro Ball
    - Earthquake
    - Hidden Power [Ice]

I needed a stealth rocker, a dragon check, and a pokemon resisting Ground. Bronzong is one of my favorite lead and in my opinion a must for a good Monosteel in order to check most ground types and monodragon. The current spread allows it to take maximum 99% from Overheat Infernape lead, and EQ puts it in a range where it's easy to revenge kill it. Hp ice allows me dealing with garchomp, gliscor, Landorus and some others
    It has 3 ivs in speed just so Gyro Ball does the most damage.

[​IMG]

Heatran (M) @ Air Balloon
    Trait: Flash Fire
    EVs: 4 Def / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
    Timid Nature
    - Earth Power
    - Lava Plume
    - Ancient Power
    - Hidden Power [Ice]

Heatran air balloon is the most important in monosteel nowadays ( like it used to be in BW era), if balloon is intact it can switch in most ground moves and check others heatrans. When it is Monosteel vs Monosteel, the most important is never letting heatran losing his air balloon. I use Ancient power just for Talonflame, otherwise it's a huge problem and HP ice for Landorus-T, Gliscor etc. Timid max spe atk and max speed just to be the fastest possible and deal more damage.

[​IMG]

Excadrill (M) @ Choice Scarf
    Trait: Mold Breaker
    EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
    Jolly Nature
    - Earthquake
    - Rapid Spin
    - Iron Head
    - Rock Slide

Excadrill is the cleaner I used to chose. Mold breaker allows it to go through abilities such as levitation. I use dual stab because of the good coverage they have alongside Rock slide to hit most monoflying and Rapid Spin to remove hazards if they become very important. Choice scarf is good because of it's ability to outspeed late game.

[​IMG]

Ferrothorn (M) @ Leftovers
    Trait: Iron Barbs
    EVs: 252 HP / 88 Def / 168 SDef
    Impish Nature
    - Leech Seed
    - Protect
    - Power Whip
    - Spikes

Ferrothorn has been on maybe 75% of my teams ( OU, Monotype) because of how good its staying power is and how annoying it is. This spread mixes both his defenses and allow it to tank most resisted hits and even sometimes some resisted hits ( scarf secred sword Keldeo). I run Power whip because my team was awfully weak to gastrodon. The only thing they can do is burn you which is annoying but you still beat it.

Overall, this team is very easy to use and has a favorable against a lot of matchups. Sub CM keldeo can beats it as well as opposite bisharp ( aegi can take one hit and retaliate with sacred). I guess you guys can change some stuff but I like the team as it is right now.

Importable
    Bisharp (M) @ Dread Plate
    Trait: Defiant
    EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
    Jolly Nature
    - Swords Dance
    - Knock Off
    - Iron Head
    - Sucker Punch

Ferrothorn (M) @ Leftovers
    Trait: Iron Barbs
    EVs: 252 HP / 88 Def / 168 SDef
    Impish Nature
    - Leech Seed
    - Protect
    - Power Whip
    - Spikes

Heatran (M) @ Air Balloon
    Trait: Flash Fire
    EVs: 4 Def / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
    Timid Nature
    - Earth Power
    - Lava Plume
    - Ancient Power
    - Hidden Power [Ice]

Aegislash (M) @ Leftovers
    Trait: Stance Change
    EVs: 248 HP / 252 SDef / 8 Spd
    Sassy Nature
    - King's Shield
    - Substitute
    - Shadow Ball
    - Sacred Sword

Excadrill (M) @ Choice Scarf
    Trait: Mold Breaker
    EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
    Jolly Nature
    - Earthquake
    - Rapid Spin
    - Iron Head
    - Rock Slide

Bronzong @ Leftovers
    Trait: Levitate
    EVs: 252 HP / 224 Def / 32 SDef
    Sassy Nature
    - Stealth Rock
    - Gyro Ball
    - Earthquake
    - Hidden Power [Ice]

Lacus Clyne, E.T., Casparov and 3 others like this.
  2. Joyverse

Joyverse Back for a blast!

PO Trainer Name:
    Joyverse
    You might wanna put 0 (3 is meh) Speed IVs on Zong for more powerful gyros.
    And I would suggest Fire Blast/Flamethrower over Lava Plume for well more power.
    That's kinda all I wanna say right about now and nice team XP
    #HolyInfernapePawnation doe "-"

3. Edna

Edna Chasing the Dragon Forum Moderator Forum Moderator

PO Trainer Name:
    Edna
    0 ivs don't work for hp ice, it has also 30 ivs in hp and defense
    I prefer lava burn to deal with some wall that usually switch into heatran ( gastrodon the most irritating one at least)
    Thanks for the feedback I appreciate it!