1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Guest, PO has ceased our separate tiering and adopted Smogon tiers for SM. More information and updates here.

Dismiss Notice

Question of The Day! (QoTD) (10/13/15-6/6/16)

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Joeypals!!, Oct 15, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Joeypals!!

Joeypals!! Don't you worry 'bout a thing~

PO Trainer Name:
    Joeypals
    Question for May 22nd, 2016: With Pokemon being 20 years old, there's bound to be some that overlap in team roles. In your opinion, who is the most outclassed Pokemon?

2. Edna

Edna Chasing the Dragon Forum Moderator Forum Moderator

PO Trainer Name:
    Edna
    Blissey totally outlcassed by Chansey in OU. Remember when SkarmBliss was a fantastic core lol

Joeypals!! likes this.
  3. E.T.

E.T. METAMORPHOSIS! Super Moderator Server Administrator Articles Leader Super Moderator Server Administrator Articles Leader

PO Trainer Name:
    E.T.
    Regular Groudon. Regular Kyogre to an extent as well.

Joeypals!! likes this.
  4. Professor Oak

Professor Oak same Forum Administrator Server Owner Social Media Rep Forum Administrator Server Owner Social Media Rep

PO Trainer Name:
    Professor Oak
    Farfetch'd.

In its own generation, Pidgeot, Fearow and Dodrio all have much better stat distribution, and are all better candidates to use. The only thing Farfetch'd had going for it was the ability to learn both Cut and Fly, as well as levelling up quicker due to the in-game trade.

In Gen 2, Noctowl was added. Whilst it is vastly different in role when compared to Farfetch'd, Hypnosis and a better BST also mean that Noctowl outclasses it too.

In Gen 3, Swellow was added. I think we all know that Swellow is amazing, and we'll move on. I'll briefly mention Swablu, just to mention that it evolved into Altaria and made it much better also.

In Gen 4, Staraptor and Chatot were added. Chatot was also a Special bird, but its unique move Chatter and its usefulness in later generations makes it superior. Staraptor is king of all Normal/Flying types, so we'll move on.

In Gen 5, Unfeazant and Braviary were added. Braviary is slower than most other birds... but is still significantly stronger than Farfetch'd. Unfeazant is kinda shitty, but its stats make it vastly superior to Farfetch'd.

In Gen 6, the only Normal / Flying type added was Fletchling, which becomes the awesome Talonflame.

In the current competitive metagame, Mega Pidgeot, Mega Altaria and Talonflame are OU, and Staraptor, Chatot, Swellow and Braviary are all above NU level.

Of the NU Pokémon, all of the other Normal / Flying fully-evolved Pokémon show up in the NU Ranked Stats!!!!... except for Farfetch'd.

Mega Farfetch'd for Gen 7?

5. Samphire

Samphire Too much hard work!

Question for May 22nd, 2016: With Pokemon being 20 years old, there's bound to be some that overlap in team roles. In your opinion, who is the most outclassed Pokemon?
    Probably Delcatty. It is adorable, but its stats are nothing to write home about. The only thing it has going for it is Normalise, but even then that can be a blessing and a curse. Mega Delcatty please?

Joeypals!! likes this.
  6. Draciel

Draciel ALLEZ! ALLEZ! ALLEZ!

PO Trainer Name:
    Neo
    Other than Farfetch'd and Delcatty, these are the ones currently on my mind:

Unfezant
    : Gamefreak was nothing but rude when it didn't give this poor bird a good physical Flying STAB move. With 115/93 it would've been a decent flying type with Brave Bird (top tier NU or bottom LU at least).

Wigglytuff: Totally outclassed by other fairies, even in NU it's worse than eviolite Clefairy. It's has somewhat decent bulk but there are just too many better options.

Furret: Outclassed by it's supposed-to-be RSE counterpart Linoone because the later gets the coveted BDrum+Espeed, while this gets nothing useful. Sad fate for such a cute mon :(

Ledian: Please swap it's SpDef stat with Atk or just give this poor thing an evolution/mega evolution.

Corsola: Terrible defensive typing+bad stats. Not a good combo at all.

Spinda: It's really as bad as it looks. It had a niche in BW NU with Contrary Superpower strats but it's totally irrelevant in ORAS.

Whiscash: What the fuck is this abomination get it out of my sight.

Unown: lol.

Can't think of anything else atm, will add if I remember later.

Joeypals!! likes this.
  7. Blitzamirin

Blitzamirin Waluigi! Number one!

PO Trainer Name:
    Blitz
    The best Pokemon to fit this that comes to mind is Deoxys-N.

This comes out in Ruby / Sapphire, basically an unrivaled Psychic type in terms of offenses and speed and non-existent bulk.

Come FireRed and LeafGreen, Deoxys-A and Deoxys-D are introduced. Deoxys-A makes the offensive stats even stronger, maintains the same speed, but makes Sharpedo look bulky by comparison. It, effectively, eclipses Deoxys-N.

The only saving grace it has it that it can be EV'd to survive things Deoxys-A wouldn't, but Emerald introduced Deoxys-S which removes Deoxys-N as an "alternative", already outclassed lead option from Deoxys-A as a bulkier alternative with more speed.

The bigger problem is that the poor thing can't even see OU play because it's really strong by itself, so it's basically the most useless legendary there is in that aspect.

8. Xdevo

Xdevo Phrasing Super Moderator Tour Director Super Moderator Tour Director

Dewgong - Water / Ice typing isn't a blessing, but the fact that better water and ices are released constantly shifting Dewgong lower and lower down the list of usable mons
    Butterfree - absolutely destroyed by the complete lack of usable STABs on its special side until Gen 4, Butterfree just keeps getting shoved down on the list of usable bugs, especially with beautifly, volcanion, mothim, and Vivilion all more or less doing anything butterfree better.
    Sunflora - literally made completely outclassed the same generation it came out
    Corsola - huge list of Water types, 95% of them better than Corsola
    Dunsparce - huge list of normal types, 85% of them better, 99% are better if you don't use gay haxy shit
    Delcatty - Just an awful mon all around, terrible abilities, garbage stats, garbage movepool

Something I kinda noticed, almost all of the Gen 6 FE mons are at least somewhat viable (rip Meowstic and Dedede) in NU or above. So while there are fewer gen 6 mons than the other gens, they weren't padded out with garbage like the others were.

Joeypals!! likes this.
  9. Dominique-XLR

Dominique-XLR I'm a simple man. I see boobs, I like.

It would've still been outclassed by Dodrio(which is outclassed by Staraptor itself) unless of course hypnosis counts as a niche, then it's not outclassed.

Rocks & competitive.

STAB Rapid Spin bruh.

Can your Swampert dance? Can your Quagsire ignore taunt/attract? Do they sport whiskers? Didn't think so.

As for my answer:

1. Stantler

How many of us actually remember this thing exists? Its the least useful of all the 'moo's. It has intimidate, so does Tauros. Even in the deer-esque pokemon department, it's outclassed by Sawsbuck.

2. Chimeco
    What purpose does it serve other than hanging around James?

Joyverse and Joeypals!! like this.
  10. Joeypals!!

PO Trainer Name:
    Joeypals
    Question for May 23rd, 2016: What is your opinion on this video?

11. Zoroark

Zoroark Aka Flare Forum Moderator Server Moderator Forum Moderator Server Moderator

PO Trainer Name:
    SkyPhoenix / Zoroark
    >Trying to find the logic of evolution behind a Fictional Video Game.
    This guy is a genius.
    He needs to invest his time in something much more productive.

Sasuke Uchiha likes this.
  12. Dominique-XLR

Didn't watch it with sound. I'm deeply offended by the way he throws the ball. That's a leg break delivery, and the ball is going to turn to off side once it drops. Once the pokemon comes out it might get confused where his enemy is.

Fast forward to about middle of the video, guy notices a banana in his hand and acts all shocked. Why did he expect a dildo?

Later he seemed to be suggesting that Squirtle should evolve into Lapras. Dude if one could simply 'grow' a neck, fishes would have neck too.

13. Joeypals!!

PO Trainer Name:
    Joeypals
    This is why you watch videos with sound, everyone.

Dominique-XLR likes this.
  14. Dominique-XLR

Au contraire, this is exactly why one should watch without sound.
    Plus why try to make sense of something that isn't supposed to make sense?

15. Joeypals!!

PO Trainer Name:
    Joeypals
    Question for May 24th, 2016: So, this is/was trending on Twitter today. How would you feel if Marvel made this a reality (thing in the yellow box)?

[​IMG]

16. Dominique-XLR

Hehe, u want him dontcha Joey?

Ever since the day one of my friends pointed out that Captain America wears his uniform so tight his balls are visible from outside; I've found him rather 'disturbing' for lack of a better word. So about that trend, my response is:

How about No (Insert Grizzly Bear Meme here)

PIS,/CIS/WIS: which would it classify under (if they actually did it)?

Joeypals!! likes this.
  17. Zoroark

Zoroark Aka Flare Forum Moderator Server Moderator Forum Moderator Server Moderator

PO Trainer Name:
    SkyPhoenix / Zoroark
    I would have more reasons to not watch any future Captain America movie.
    EDIT: If you think my reply is homophobic, then sorry, it's definitely not my intention. I'd simply find irrelevant any "love interest" addition on an action movie.

Last edited: May 24, 2016
    Jethalal likes this.
  18. Edna

Edna Chasing the Dragon Forum Moderator Forum Moderator

PO Trainer Name:
    Edna
    Make him go out with Iron Man, easy

19. Professor Oak

Professor Oak same Forum Administrator Server Owner Social Media Rep Forum Administrator Server Owner Social Media Rep

PO Trainer Name:
    Professor Oak
    EDIT: I've removed the baiting of zoroark now lmao

To answer the question, I don't really see the need for it.

If they had to give Cap a love interest, they should at least stick to the source material, and make him be in a relationship with a female SHIELD agent.

I'm not against them giving Cap a male love interest, but I don't see the need to give him one when there's nothing of the sort in the original material.

Last edited: May 24, 2016
    Joeypals!! and Zoroark like this.
  20. Joeypals!!

PO Trainer Name:
    Joeypals
    That's what I'm thinking, there's plenty of LGBT Marvel characters. Just popularize one of those, problem solved while keeping everyone the same. If characters had to change to fit the times, imagine how things would've been if, say, Spider-Man Caitlyn Jenner'd.

21. Water

Water Well Respected and Exceptionally Handsome User Forum Moderator Channel Leader Forum Moderator Channel Leader

Considering the recent controversies from Marvel making business decisions that were less than forward thinking (here and here), it's pretty reasonable to assume they won't make changes that stray too far from the cultural norm. That said I also agree with Oak that changing characters for the sake of it seems silly.

DC probably has the most prominent LGBT character in Constantine but with the failure of the TV series and the general suckage of the DC movies excepting the Chris Nolan stuff, I wouldn't count on seeing that either.

Joeypals!! likes this.
  22. Xdevo

The only way I really see this happening and getting approved by Marvel is "Here's a new guy! He's the new Captain America; also he's gay, black, AND hispanic" because comic books always feel the need to over-do anything and have to perpetually keep the status quo with any major characters and feel the need to be extremely patronizing with any sort of "diversity" they do.

The worst part is that I'm like 95% sure that Joss Whedon is capable of doing a respectable gay character in the Marvel universe, but I doubt Marvel will let him do anything without a nightmarish amount of interference.

Joeypals!! likes this.
  23. Joeypals!!

PO Trainer Name:
    Joeypals
    Question for May 25th, 2016: Let's assume a Gen 4 remake will happen in the future. How would you go about improving the original Diamond and Pearl?

24. Professor Oak

PO Trainer Name:
    Professor Oak
    Improve the speed of the game, including the HP bar and overall movement, further than Platinum did.

Assuming that they're going to have the graphics be similar to S/M and that they're going to introduce new Megas, it should be alright with just that, though I'd rather they didn't add more Megas.

Fate Testarossa, E.T. and Joeypals!! like this.
  25. Zoroark

PO Trainer Name:
    SkyPhoenix / Zoroark
    I'd say its just fine if they accomodated Diamond/Pearl to the latest games's graphics.

26. E.T.

E.T. METAMORPHOSIS! Super Moderator Server Administrator Articles Leader Super Moderator Server Administrator Articles Leader

PO Trainer Name:
    E.T.
    The first thing that came to my mind was also increased game speed because the originals were painfully slow. If the remakes are to come out on a future DS-esque system, the game probably wouldn't need to change much apart from whatever new mechanics and graphics are relevant to that generation. Having the remakes be on a completely new handheld system or possibly even a TV console might be more interesting though.

Joeypals!! likes this.
  27. Professor Oak

PO Trainer Name:
    Professor Oak
    ok so I just thought of something awesome

The Pokétch. Think about what they can do with it with Gen 6's graphics and technology. You could even keep the previously-added modes from Gen 6 games (Super Training, Pokemon Amie, DexNav, updated Map) as seperate screens for the Pokétch, as well as adding some of the interesting things from Gen 4 too (something to doodle on, digital clock, friendship checker, breeding compatibility checker, dowsing machine updated to show you where hidden items are without tapping it senselessly, easy party viewer without going into the menu, pokeradar chain counter, step counter etc etc). They could also add new stuff but idk what.

God, I hope they don't botch a potential gen 4 remake.

Joeypals!! likes this.
  28. Blitzamirin

Blitzamirin Waluigi! Number one!

PO Trainer Name:
    Blitz
    Poketch carrying stuff like the IV Checker (maybe something exact instead of vague ranges like the IV judge), Hidden Power checker, Move Compatibility / Chain Breeding apps would be a big boon to competitive play without dumbing it down I guess. More Megas is inevitable. I hope they follow the Platinum side of the Story with w/e twist they decide to add + Battle Frontier, then I think I'd be set.

Joeypals!! likes this.
  29. Joeypals!!

PO Trainer Name:
    Joeypals
    Question for May 26th, 2016: What kind of story would you want a console version of Fire Emblem to have? Let's assume this game is on the NX.

30. Professor Oak

PO Trainer Name:
    Professor Oak
    We had Path of Radiance and Radiant Dawn on GC and Wii, so idk if this is just a "if a new console one was made.." or "I didn't know there were previous ones, but if there were..."

To answer both versions, just make it like the previous console games of Fire Emblem. Can't go wrong.

31. Joeypals!!

PO Trainer Name:
    Joeypals
    I know about Path of Radiace and Radiant Dawn, I was talking more along the lines of new games.

32. Joeypals!!

PO Trainer Name:
    Joeypals
    Question for May 27th, 2016: What are your hopes for Pokemon GO?

33. Xdevo

that I will finally live my dream of raising, battling, and winning gym badges irl without getting made fun of by rood people.

Joeypals!! likes this.
  34. Ascarotte

Ascarotte Well-Known Member Forum Moderator Channel Leader Forum Moderator Channel Leader

I hope that a significant number of people will be playing it, including people that otherwise might not be particularly interested in Pokemon. On the same note, I hope that the playerbase is not dominated by scumbags and that the game will lead to positive interaction between players.

Joeypals!! likes this.
  35. Zoroark

PO Trainer Name:
    SkyPhoenix / Zoroark
    I believe it will increase the interactivity between players in a closer way than the usual methods of battling and etc. I think it will also motivate people to go outside more often (in the case of those who stay at home a lot).
    It'll be a fun new way of enjoying the game...or so I hope.

Joeypals!! likes this.
  36. Professor Oak

PO Trainer Name:
    Professor Oak
    That they improve the graphics of the trainer sprites... the screenshots I've seen so far look like they've taken a "dress-up" game from 2005 and pasted the models in.

Also that they spawn good shit near me, even though I'm not in a major city.

Joeypals!! likes this.
  37. Joeypals!!

PO Trainer Name:
    Joeypals
    Question for May 28th, 2016: What is your reaction to this video by CollegeHumor?

38. Joeypals!!

PO Trainer Name:
    Joeypals
    Apparently, nothing lol. Well I thought it was funny.

Question for May 29th, 2016: What is your opinion on baby Pokemon? (Pichu, etc)

39. Zoroark

PO Trainer Name:
    SkyPhoenix / Zoroark
    They are really cute, sometimes makes one want to press the B button when they're evolving just to keep those cuties.
    On the other hand, some of them can be annoying as fuck in LC battles :v

40. Dominique-XLR

Sometime silence speaks louder than words lol.

Stuff like Pichu doesn't need to exist. It's not even that cute.
    Some baby pokemons are like Rowlet, and some are like Barbaroach. So it varies.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.