1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Guest, PO has ceased our separate tiering and adopted Smogon tiers for SM. More information and updates here.

Dismiss Notice

Question of The Day! (QoTD) (10/13/15-6/6/16)

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Joeypals!!, Oct 15, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. E.T.

E.T. SSSSSSSSSSSSS! Super Moderator Server Administrator Articles Leader Super Moderator Server Administrator Articles Leader

PO Trainer Name:
    E.T.
    Munchlax is king, Elekid and Magby are great, Mantyke, Riolu, and Wynaut are good, Smoochum is decent, and the rest aren't worth mentioning and should probably be forgotten.

2. Ascarotte

Ascarotte Well-Known Member Forum Moderator Channel Leader Forum Moderator Channel Leader

I'm not a massive fan of Baby Pokemon, I guess they were designed to appeal to a different demographic.

On the plus side, some of them are cute. The fact that they are weaker means it is possible for that evolutionary line to appear in a game earlier, the case in point being Elekid/Magby obtaining in the Virbank complex in BW2. It makes completing the Pokedex vaguely more interesting, in the sense that it's not just catch and train. It gives a legitimate reason for using Breeding to complete the Dex, unlike just making some pre-evolved forms randomly missing from the game without explanation, e.g. Sentret in BW2. It also makes sense that some Pokemon shouldn't be able to breed as soon as they hatch from an egg.

On the down side, a lot of them feel completely unnecessary. Pokemon like Jigglypuff and Marill are already among the weakest in existence. Giving Sudowoodo and Chimecho a pre-evolution doesn't make them any more useful. It's not like Baby Pokemon are significantly cuter than regular basic Pokemon, if at all.

3. Professor Oak

Professor Oak same Forum Administrator Server Owner Social Media Rep Forum Administrator Server Owner Social Media Rep

PO Trainer Name:
    Professor Oak
    They had to fill out the numbers and didn't feel like making entirely new things.

Also I always forget which incense is for which one, so I tend to not bother with them at all.

Joeypals!! and Fate Testarossa like this.
  4. Edna

Edna Chasing the Dragon Forum Moderator Forum Moderator

PO Trainer Name:
    Edna
    They're cute

5. Blitzamirin

Blitzamirin Waluigi! Number one!

PO Trainer Name:
    Blitz
    If I'm honest I think the video questions flat out suck, similar to the music ones. I'd rather something short (or a gif) + a good follow up question than "What do you think of x?"

Baby Pokemon are largely unnecessary and I'm also one who doesn't know anything regarding the incenses. They also, mostly, evolve through Happiness, which is a really dumb method of evolution if you don't have access to stuff like massages, Soothe Bell, Luxury / Friend Ball (until gen 6, baby mons are in Poke Balls), etc. And overall they're just really cumbersome to work with. Gen 4 took it a notch further and largely introduced evos of old mons to improve them, and bar some random shit like Budew, those turned out to be a cooler concept than filling dex numbers.

6. Joeypals!!

Joeypals!! Don't you worry 'bout a thing~

PO Trainer Name:
    Joeypals
    Duly noted, @Blitzamirin.

Question for May 30th, 2016: Today's Memorial Day in the US, so today's question is "What do you think of war as a whole?"

Your seventh word is low. Your seventh hint is "flip to the very end, where one of the worst songs in recording history was discussed. There you'll find your next word."

7. Professor Oak

Professor Oak same Forum Administrator Server Owner Social Media Rep Forum Administrator Server Owner Social Media Rep

PO Trainer Name:
    Professor Oak
    To quote a very popular video game series:
    "War. War never changes."

War is a bunch of rich men sending the poor to die for their own profits or agendas. The next war could be nuclear and wipe out a huge portion of humanity. For the good of everyone, we need to try and avoid any further conflicts. Shame that'll never happen.

8. Fate Testarossa

Fate Testarossa Unbreakable Bond

PO Trainer Name:
    Fate Testarossa
  9. Dominique-XLR

Dominique-XLR I'm a simple man. I see boobs, I like.

Ultimate entertainment with ultimate price. Problem is, those who are entertained aren't the one who pays the price.

We can pretend-play all we like, but power and might still rules the world.

Professor Oak and Joeypals!! like this.
  10. Joeypals!!

PO Trainer Name:
    Joeypals
    Question for May 31st, 2016: Who is your least favorite character in Super Smash Bros 4? Interpret that question as you will.

Last edited: May 31, 2016
  11. Edna

PO Trainer Name:
    Edna
    I would say Villager, it's really an annoying character and it's also very lame to play against

Joeypals!! likes this.
  12. Samphire

Samphire Too much hard work!

Dark Pit. Just what is the actual point? Might as well be a costume.

13. Professor Oak

PO Trainer Name:
    Professor Oak
    I have to agree. I'm not gonna rant about Smash 4 again, but clones are dumb as fuck.

Lucina is a clone and is a "LOOK AWAKENING, BUY IT" too.
    Corrin is just a "LOOK FATES, BUY IY".

In terms of who I don't want to face: I agree with Villager, but wanna throw Pac-Man in too. They are just too lame for me. Gimme a hard hitting in-your-face character anyday.

Joeypals!! likes this.
  14. Blitzamirin

PO Trainer Name:
    Blitz
    Shut your mouth. Pac-Man is the best.

Least favorite to face: Sonic. He's ridiculously good and his campy play (over aggro Sonic) goes really far in Smash 4's meta. Definitely hair pulling and stress inducing to fight a good one.

Least favorite design-wise: Captain Falcon and Ganondorf (the two semi clones) do not match their source material at all, and instead of reworking them, they just give them retweaks of their current movesets which is pretty bland imo.

Least favorite to play myself: I hate using Lucario. I do not know how to use his combos bc they vary wildly by percent and that inconsistency is the end of me lol.

Joeypals!! likes this.
  15. E.T.

E.T. SSSSSSSSSSSSS! Super Moderator Server Administrator Articles Leader Super Moderator Server Administrator Articles Leader

PO Trainer Name:
    E.T.
    Ryu. I like his stage though.

16. Joeypals!!

PO Trainer Name:
    Joeypals
    Question for June 1st, 2016: If you could do anything with the Spyro series of games, what would you do?

17. Sasuke Uchiha

Sasuke Uchiha God of tits and wine

PO Trainer Name:
    Yellan
    Remake the orinigal ps trilogy on ps4 with trophies. Because I love getting trophies for games I 100%'d 15 times as a kid already. Done this with Jack & Daxter and Ratchet & Clank already lol.

Joeypals!! likes this.
  18. Dominique-XLR

Search google to know what Spyro game series is. Seems like way too much work tho.

19. Joyverse

Joyverse Back for a blast!

PO Trainer Name:
    Joyverse
    Uh, let's see agreed with Draciel on the Unfezant. That bird got me outta POVT cuz I used power herb sky attack and acrobatics and got kek'd. IT needs a way better movepool really, good stats and no good moves ew...
    Then there is also Zard Normal, I mean love that mon like almost every other kid loves it and now that it has megas and shit, it kinda lost it's shine ;-;
    Then there is also Beautifly and uh... yeah Dustox, no wub for the gen thwee bugs.

I don't read the comics much, but if has/will happen in the comic universe that okay...

Personally, I want the bicycle to have a single gear that works on all the places properly aside from working indoors (Oak shit incoming) Also I want the Poketch to be cooler than what it was, new screens, call functions and all the shit. The Pokegear in HGSS Killed it really. Also thinking out of the box I am kinda suggesting the fact the instead of a DP remake we only do a Platinum remake (Exalted Platinum, Shining Platinum?_?) cuz Pt was much much better than DP...

I hope there aren't any Muk in my area cause India is unclean as fuck, unless Swachch Bharat Clean Up Mess programme wins :V

"What is it good for? Absolutely nothing!" :v

Some are cute, I especially love Igglybuff but almost are unusable competitively so that is my only true concern. Their stats are just way too bad.

Pretty sure we can give Spyro a reboot. On a similar note, idk what's happening to Jak and Daxter and all, anybody know?

Last edited: Jun 2, 2016
    Joeypals!! likes this.
  20. Zoroark

Zoroark Aka Flare Forum Moderator Server Moderator Forum Moderator Server Moderator

PO Trainer Name:
    SkyPhoenix / Zoroark
    "Question for June 1st, 2016: If you could do anything with the Spyro series of games, what would you do?"

Since I'm only caring about the "The Legend of Spyro" material then I'd say either creating a new version with a different story, diff antagonist, probably adding a PvP Mode Online. Or simply re-making "A new beginning" and "The Eternal Night" so they'd be much more similar to "Dawn of The Dragon" version, graphics enhancement and such stuff.

Joeypals!! likes this.
  21. Joeypals!!

PO Trainer Name:
    Joeypals
  22. Professor Oak

PO Trainer Name:
    Professor Oak
    Literally Metagross.
    Literally Multiscale Hoopa.
    Why can Rotom suddenly talk? Did it steal the Pokédex's voice?
    Does he add his own data to the Pokédex as a result?
    The avatars look stupid and young and once again appealing to the younger crowd without considering other fans too.
    The "female assistant" is clearly a bad guy.
    The rival we worked out.
    The Professor we worked out.
    The region is actually multiple islands and not just one, so it seems to be the vast majority of the Hawaiian islands at least.
    tbh this trailer made me less excited for the game

Fate Testarossa likes this.
  23. Fate Testarossa

Fate Testarossa Unbreakable Bond

PO Trainer Name:
    Fate Testarossa
    When the "sun" legendary is weak to fire...
    When Sunsteel Strike's animation is all fire but the typing is steel...

I'll probably edit in more or just like everyone else's posts.

Joeypals!! likes this.
  24. Joyverse

PO Trainer Name:
    Joyverse
    We had this hour long convo after str00dels dropped the bomb in Indigo. Clearly pokemon didn't care when they stated somethin like "this is a unique abi and no one else has it." I literally rolled over the keyboard laughing about it as Fullmetal body is clear body and shadow shield, multiscale. The fact that solgaleo has a fullmetal body and isn't pure steel is strange. Hazards and mold breaker gonna kek lunaala anyway. And they are just mega pyroar and noivern.... Sunsteel strike has fire but it is steel type...
    Sun legend weak to fire, moon legend weak to dark .Possibility hints a deeper story, like leo
    going after the sun to destroy and all hell's loose. I liked the moves, they are mold breakers inside moves which is cool. Psychic legends are getting overrated pls stop ;-; get moar dragons pls. Also I expected leo to be a sp.attacker no such luck. Rotom-Piss can talk am like wow, so is the pokedex gonna act more like pokedex+pokemon gear/watch/nav idk.
    The mysterious assistant gonna be a bisexual trap and she gon trap ya.

Last edited: Jun 3, 2016
  25. Zoroark

Zoroark Aka Flare Forum Moderator Server Moderator Forum Moderator Server Moderator

PO Trainer Name:
    SkyPhoenix / Zoroark
    Furry version of a Metagross
    A multiscale legendary, how innovative.
    Signature moves with a Mold Breaker added effect, nothing too amusing.
    A rotom Pokédex that looks more like a Gadget designed for Spy Kids, and apparently can talk?
    Bad Avatars.
    A creepo assistant.
    The Professsor's "talking" animation really creeped me out.

Obviously gamefreak created these versions solely aiming to lure new kids to force their parents to buy them the games (perhaps the old Pokémon gamers are getting tired of the constant recycling).

Until the abilities on the two Pokémon mascots prove to have any other -unique- effect, this is pretty much my stand.

26. Blitzamirin

PO Trainer Name:
    Blitz
    Nailed Lunala's name boop. Didn't get the types though.

Solgaleo is literally Liger Zero. Steel and everything to boot. It does have a massive base HP stat though.

I love the professor.

Hau is Sawyer from the XYZ anime, and also a fatass.

Lilly is defo a baddie lmao

No awkward circles in battles anymore? Looks way more natural.

The region looks beautiful. Every area leads to someplace new. Looking forward to that.

Joeypals!! likes this.
  27. Dominique-XLR

Aw yiss, rant time.

SOLGALEO:
    • So Entei & Zapdos had sex, and what came out is a Metagross? What part of it looks 'Steel'? Since it's part Psychic so I'll let that slide.
    • GF please change that clear body with new name bullshit right now and turn him into alchemist(Fullmetal). Infact it kinda looks like Nina (Is this too soon?)
    • 'Beast that devours the sun' "Would you like a diet coke with that sir?" Hindu mythology has a creature named Rahu which tries to devour sun and moon, but it can't because it's entire body other than head has been cut off. So all it does is cause eclipse. Is GF implying Solgaleo shits out Sun after eclipse?

Lunala:
    • For decades, GF has been trying to make over-complicated designs for legendary pokemons and I'd say this is their most successful output to date.
    • Haters gonna hate but Psychic-Ghost is a very cool typing. Specially in uber you can see a dark/ghost move coming from a mile away
    • 'The beast that calls the moon' wow apparently this thing is an wearwolf with wings.

Rotom:
    • If this isn't a new form, we should sue GF for teasing.

Overall:
    • Pokemon Sun is weak to fire type moves. Pokemon Moon is weak to dark type moves. Is GF intentionally messing with us?
    • Both seems to be primarily special attacker. Their signature move might well be dual typed. That's often not a good thing, but who knows?
    • Like the player design, and the design for player's friend. Tho he's gonna be dumb af, I can see it already. This is why I liked Hugh.
    • Bianca 2.0 might turnout to be the champ.

Last edited: Jun 3, 2016
  28. Joyverse

PO Trainer Name:
    Joyverse

Dominique-XLR likes this.
  29. Dominique-XLR

What I meant was there's almost no surprise dark coverage in Uber, last I checked. Yveltal, Mega Blaze, Mega Kanga, rare Mega Sable.... that's about it. So it can promptly gtfo. Yveltal rarely has room for pursuit, mega sable's stab ghost/dark move doesn't even kill Hoopa C. It's also extremely likely that it'll get moonlight and Will O' Wisp.

Wut... I just saw it shoot a friggin ray. How's that physical? Is this gen 1?

Congratz, you are offically an weaboo now. Only by watching too much anime one starts seeing trap everywhere, ultimately turning asexual.

Btw, JV is reserved for Journal Voucher and Joe Vega: the 4th Blacklist member in original NFS Most Wanted. Unless you have a Dodge Viper and party all night, you aint worthy.

Joeypals!! likes this.
  30. Joyverse

PO Trainer Name:
    Joyverse
    Wut... I just saw it shoot a friggin ray. How's that physical? Is this gen 1?
    And then it crashed on friggin mence.

Congratz, you are offically an weaboo now. Only by watching too much anime one starts seeing trap everywhere, ultimately turning asexual.
    I haven't been watching too much anime lately. Lie #2,870,112

Btw, JV is reserved for Journal Voucher and Joe Vega: the 4th Blacklist member in original NFS Most Wanted. Unless you have a Dodge Viper and party all night, you aint worthy.[/QUOTE]
    Bro, Jv does sound as a suitable acronym for Joyverse, I only recently found out. Too bad I don't have a Viper but I drooled over that flash green viper a lot, as a matter of fact I finished NFS MW for the 12th time last week, my cousin's pc is old af but eh.

As for that. just where the heck are the users of the following moves in gen 6: Paleo Wave, Thousand Waves and Arrows? And where are the Zygarde formes? WTF GF? :V

31. Joeypals!!

PO Trainer Name:
    Joeypals
    I'm with Dom, Joy. You don't deserve the Jv title.

Question for June 3rd, 2016: Who is the most frustrating celebrity in terms of how famous they are?

32. Dominique-XLR

Pretty much every celebrity where you gotta wonder why they are famous. The whole K family for example.

Then there's people like Beiber who feeds upon human stupidity.

Oh the Humanatee...... *cringe*

Joeypals!! likes this.
  33. E.T.

PO Trainer Name:
    E.T.
    I don't really get frustrated by the fact that some people are "too famous." However, some people like the Kardashians or Beiber can get annoying just from hearing about them so much. What does kind of annoy me though is when you have people who are rich becauase they are famous, or rich because they are related to someone famous, and they seem to have no sense of gratitude for what they have. Usually, people like that end up whining and complaining about the most vain things, and it just gets annoying. Anyway, I'll stop rambling now. :v

34. Edna

PO Trainer Name:
    Edna
    PSY tbh, he only has like 2 songs that are 'decent' and yet he got success by doing some random shit that worked out for him. It's frustrating for other artists who actually take a lot of time and talent in their instrument to barely have 1k people listening to them :v

Joeypals!! likes this.
  35. Joyverse

PO Trainer Name:
    Joyverse
    LOL IDK anything about deserving a short form but ok!

THE KARDASHIANS are way too annoying. I think they are the only ones worth even mentioning. The rest of them aren't really that great as well but the Kardashians are way too much, what does that even effin mean gdi? :V

36. Joeypals!!

PO Trainer Name:
    Joeypals
    Question for June 4th, 2016: If you could remove one ability from Pokemon, what would it be?

Your first word is he. Your first hint is "flip back to a handful of days after we played pranks on each other in an awful year. Only there will you be able to pull another word.

37. Edna

PO Trainer Name:
    Edna
    Either Huge Power or Pure Power, they're the same

Joeypals!! likes this.
  38. E.T.

PO Trainer Name:
    E.T.
    Serene Grace.

Joeypals!! likes this.
  39. Ascarotte

Ascarotte Well-Known Member Forum Moderator Channel Leader Forum Moderator Channel Leader

Anger Point, possibly.

40. Dominique-XLR

Illuminati.

I'd also support removing slow start & truant (Ok Durant should keep it cuz literally 'entertainment')

Joeypals!! likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.