1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Guest, PO has ceased our separate tiering and adopted Smogon tiers for SM. More information and updates here.

Dismiss Notice

Question of The Day! (QoTD) (10/13/15-6/6/16)

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Joeypals!!, Oct 15, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jethalal

Jethalal (~o.o)~ So Spooky ~(o.o~)

PO Trainer Name:
    Jethalal
  2. Lacus Clyne

Lacus Clyne This might get unpleasant!

PO Trainer Name:
    Lacus Clyne
    Desolate Land

3. Blitzamirin

Blitzamirin Waluigi! Number one!

PO Trainer Name:
    Blitz
    The clone abilities... there's so many of them that it's pointless. I guess you can change them to fit flavor wise (like White Smoke) but at least add a different function.

Though to answer the question: An ability I'd remove completely would be Normalize. What does this do? It doesn't even have any practical use because, unlike the -ate variants, it doesn't even give you a bonus, it just turns everything Normal type. The only user of it -does- get STAB from it, and can do stuff like Thunder Wave Ground-types, but this is completely useless in a lot of situations (bar Hackmons Skill Swapping).

Joeypals!! and Fate Testarossa like this.
  4. Xdevo

Xdevo Phrasing Super Moderator Tour Director Super Moderator Tour Director

Remove Moody

Joeypals!! likes this.
  5. Zoroark

Zoroark Aka Flare Forum Moderator Server Moderator Forum Moderator Server Moderator

PO Trainer Name:
    SkyPhoenix / Zoroark
    Hustle

6. Joyverse

Joyverse Back for a blast!

PO Trainer Name:
    Joyverse
    Remove rivalry, it's dum dum '-')/
    Remove stench too, it stinks! :v

7. LittleRoot

LittleRoot Active Member

Shadow Tag

Joeypals!! likes this.
  8. Joeypals!!

Joeypals!! Don't you worry 'bout a thing~

PO Trainer Name:
    Joeypals
    All interesting ideas, good job people.

Question for June 5th, 2016: What are your thoughts on the Powerpuff Girls reboot?

9. Zoroark

Zoroark Aka Flare Forum Moderator Server Moderator Forum Moderator Server Moderator

PO Trainer Name:
    SkyPhoenix / Zoroark
    PPG is still a thing...?
    The Recycling is everywhere. I'm glad a lot of series creators are worried about the Virtual Global Warming and Pixelated Greenhouse Effect.

Welp, I can only say PPG was good during our childhood times, any other version released after it is not really good.

10. E.T.

E.T. METAMORPHOSIS! Super Moderator Server Administrator Articles Leader Super Moderator Server Administrator Articles Leader

PO Trainer Name:
    E.T.
    My first thought was MOJO JOJO!

My second thought was that I'm curious as to why Powerpuff Girls gets a reboot when Courage the Cowardly Dog does not. I don't have any plans on watching Powerpuff Girls again, but a Courage the Cowardly Dog reboot would be amazing.

Joeypals!! likes this.
  11. Blitzamirin

Blitzamirin Waluigi! Number one!

PO Trainer Name:
    Blitz
    The reboot doesn't have the charm the original has. I think they retained most of the VAs except of the girls themselves (bc paying them is prob a ton). They also fucked up an episode where there was a message about being ok with irregularities in your body and it came out so wrong it looked like people who identify with that should feel ashamed and stuff. Was not cool.

Even the original creator wasn't open to the creation of the reboot, and cited that he'd rather have a few seasons of a good show than trying to keep milking something into the ground. Alas the rights are with CN afaik.

Joeypals!! likes this.
  12. Joyverse

Joyverse Back for a blast!

PO Trainer Name:
    Joyverse
    Huh? *googles*
    Uh, it's ok I guess for now. I expected a Dex's Lab reboot more but okay. I just hope it becomes just as good as the old series, as I have yet to see any of the episodes.

13. Joeypals!!

PO Trainer Name:
    Joeypals
    Question for June 6th, 2016: In your opinion, what is the worst popular song to have ever been recorded? We'll consider "popular" as hitting the Billboard Hot 100 in any capacity.

Your eight word is credit. Your eight hint is "right before we talked to our younger selves, we talked politics. Flip to that time for your next word.

14. The Chosen Nerd

The Chosen Nerd New Member

Hmmm, I'd say Friday by Rebecca Black but that doesn't fit your criteria, so I'll say Baby by Justin Bieber.

E.T. and Joeypals!! like this.
  15. Joeypals!!

PO Trainer Name:
    Joeypals
    It actually does! "Friday" by Rebecca Black hit the Billboard Hot 100 at #58 (can't understand why), but I like both answers.

16. Ascarotte

Ascarotte Well-Known Member Forum Moderator Channel Leader Forum Moderator Channel Leader

I'm sure someone will remind me of some terrible songs I've forgotten, deliberately or otherwise. But I'll say "Crank That (Souljah Boy)". It barely qualifies as music or a song, and just thinking about it gives me a headache

Joeypals!! likes this.
  17. Lacus Clyne

Lacus Clyne This might get unpleasant!

PO Trainer Name:
    Lacus Clyne
    Shake my head. Justin Bieber is the best.

18. Dominique-XLR

Dominique-XLR I'm a simple man. I see boobs, I like.

Never noticed what's high on billboard and what's not. My favorite genre is not supposed to be popular/mainstream by nature. Tho I know a whole lot of shitty songs get popular but I wouldn't be able to measure their pathetic-ness unless someone shoved them down my ear.

Joeypals!! likes this.
  19. E.T.

E.T. METAMORPHOSIS! Super Moderator Server Administrator Articles Leader Super Moderator Server Administrator Articles Leader

PO Trainer Name:
    E.T.
    The Rebecca Black Friday song was the first one that came to mind. For some reason, this song also comes to mind every time I hear black Friday stuff mentioned. Businesses are probably wise to not use it as a theme song though.

"Fun. Fun. Fun. Fun...."

Joeypals!! likes this.
  20. Fuzzysqurl

Fuzzysqurl baa baa mareep I do what I want Server Owner Developer I do what I want Server Owner Developer

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 2, 2017
    Joeypals!! likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.