1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Guest, PO has ceased our separate tiering and adopted Smogon tiers for SM. More information and updates here.

Dismiss Notice

[3v3 Singles] Kangaskhanite Suspect [Banned]

Discussion in 'Gen 6 Side Metagames' started by Edna, Oct 17, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Edna

Edna Chasing the Dragon Forum Moderator Forum Moderator

PO Trainer Name:
    Edna
    [​IMG]

Discuss the effects of Mega Kangaskhan on the 3v3 Singles metagame and the possibility of banning it. Post intelligently based off of experience in the metagame. Posts based off theorymon risk forum infractions. i.e. if you play 3v3 Singles at all, then post.

Attempt to find the checks and counters (or lack thereof) for Mega Kangaskhan as well as its impact and power in the metagame. Do not simply say "it's broken" or "it's not broken". Back up your arguments on why you think it should be banned or not.

If a consensus is reached or a clear majority is established, then the result will likely be implemented in the metagame, otherwise it will go to a vote. Happy suspecting.

Joeypals!! likes this.
  2. La.Melle2402

La.Melle2402 I'm the bone of my sword

Kangaskhan doesnt deserve it to get banned in my opinion. It has a very good Atk and a great ability which makes it very powerfull. But a max speed of 328 isnt that good, it gets outspeeded by a lot of the often used pokemon in this tier. And it has enough switch ins. Like Ferrothorn, Aegislash, Skarmory, Slowbro, Cresselia. It isnt possible to cover all these attacks. I really know this tier very well to be able to say that Kang isnt op, so NO BAN.
    Btw, why isnt mega Mence suspected as well

3. sulcata

sulcata stéphane curry best waifu Forum Moderator Server Administrator Forum Moderator Server Administrator

One suspect at a time. Mega Salamence is probably next.

Aegislash isn't really a counter if it's EQ Kanga. Cresselia and Slowbro might have some difficulting switching into Power-up Punch variants as well. Ferrothorn and Skarmory are pretty solid, at least until someone tries Fire Punch (admittedly this might not be very viable, I don't know).

Purpleseamonkey and Edna like this.
  4. Edna

PO Trainer Name:
    Edna
    Ferrothorn and Slowbro are not very used though they can punish Mega Kanga and Mega Mence with rocky.
    Cresselia is a ok check ( lol I was the first to try it out with Twave Sub CM Ice Beam) and in general it only cripples Mega Kanga. You could play Moonlight but owell, I didn't try it that way, it loses against Kanga+Ferro if no sub.

About Kanga, what to say: it breaks subs, sashs, hits like a truck, have a gigantic movepool, is bulky, and have no drawbacks in 3v3.

Personaly I've tried to adapt my team to it with playing Air balloon Aegislash and got blown away by Fire punch on the switch ( which also increases the burn chances).

I would most likeky prefer to ban it so it makes other mons viable ( namely Mega Lopunny in this format ) and because it's so centralizing

5. Funbot28

Funbot28 Active Member

I mean I do believe Mega Kangaskan is extremely powerful, and is probably one of the heaviest hitters in the format, however we must understand that this is not like the regular 6v6 environment. Most teams use offense/bulky offense due to such fast pace games and the non existent use of hazards and status ailments like Toxic. Stall is very uncommon, which means that offense kinda takes control of the meta. Mega Kanga does not really appreciate playing against offense due to it's average 100 Spd, and it's heavy reliance on priority like Sucker Punch to get past faster revenge killers, which can be exploited with. I won't deny that it is a top tier threat and I too believed it was broken at the beginning, but I soon got into the meta and realized that yes it might be broken on paper, put in practice it is just extremely good.

I do understand the pro-ban arguments however

Last edited: Oct 30, 2015
    Purpleseamonkey and La.Melle2402 like this.
  6. Funbot28

Funbot28 Active Member

Sorry for double posting, but any updates @Elize Lutus ?

7. Edna

PO Trainer Name:
    Edna
    I was waiting for another posts, but I'll pm sulcata and keep you in touch

8. Jethalal

Jethalal (~o.o)~ So Spooky ~(o.o~)

PO Trainer Name:
    Jethalal
    Mega Kanga is one of the biggest threats in this tier with its ability which hits subs break sashes , nice coverage moves (sucker, fire p, power up p, eq, Crunch, ice punch) STAB fake out, return and also have decent bulk
    252+ Atk Choice Band Gale Wings Talonflame Brave Bird vs. 0 HP/4 Def Mega Kangaskhan: 234 - 276 (66.7 - 78.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
    makes it one difficult to take on so i vote for BAN

9. Edna

PO Trainer Name:
    Edna
    Purpleseamonkey likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.