1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Safari Game Suggestions

Discussion in 'Safari' started by Ascarotte, Oct 30, 2015.

1. Ascarotte

Ascarotte Well-Known Member Forum Moderator Channel Leader Forum Moderator Channel Leader

Gengar / Chimecho and Crawdaunt / Bonsly lol

I like how the change to the Empty room makes it less luck-based, but the time does need to be longer to even have a chance of solving it in the timeframe. Unscrambling two Pokemon mixed together is incredibly difficult, and solving both clues in the time frame is nigh on impossible.

I don't understand the new Hazard Room. In the following situation, for instance, what is the 'correct solution' meant to be? 3 Pokemon using Hydro Pump, 2 using Vacuum Wave and chancing on getting 3 to use Fly and 2 to use Vine Whip?

(18:51:59) ±Tauros: Room 5-3: Some hazards obstruct your path to the next door! You find 5 Flamethrowers and 5 other unknown hazards!

(18:52:23) ±Tauros: 3 Pits have been cleared by Shiny Togekiss's Fly, Hydreigon's Fly and Aegislash's Struggle!
    (18:52:23) ±Tauros: 1 Flamethrower have been cleared by Blaziken's Vacuum Wave!
    (18:52:23) ±Tauros: No hazard was cleared by Garchomp's Slash, Garchomp's Surf, Swampert's Surf, Articuno's Powder Snow, Shiny Togekiss's Telekinesis, Swampert's Superpower, Blaziken's Superpower, Shiny Togekiss's Defog, Shiny Togekiss's Heat Wave, Blaziken's Heat Wave, Swampert's Mud Sport, Shiny Togekiss's Echoed Voice, Magnezone's Flash Cannon and Blaziken's Echoed Voice!
    (18:52:23) ±Tauros: Ascarotte lost 17 stamina because of Aegislash's Struggle!
    (18:52:23) ±Tauros: The following hazards haven't been cleared: 2 Pits and 4 Flamethrowers! The party loses 35 Stamina!

(18:52:23) ±Tauros: Still a fair number hazards remains, so it takes some time to reach the door!
    (18:52:23) ±Tauros: Points gained: 96 | Stamina lost: Ascarotte -77, fitzy -55, murtaza -45
    (18:52:23) ±Tauros: Points: 2706 | Stamina: Ascarotte (0), fitzy (6), murtaza (48)

It seems a lot messier than the previous Hazard Room, and I would imagine this is even worse with fewer than 3 players alive. I think this room should be reverted until a less messy solution can be found if we're going to go down this path.

EDIT: Also, can you explain the following situation?

(17:20:42) ±Tauros: Room 5-4: Other than a sign saying "Pokémon like aemsDdxorWamyo are not recommended in this room, but eeypmilIRlsrriuoh may be useful", there's nothing of interest in this room. Or is there?

(17:20:43) murtaza: that hax
    (17:20:46) ±Tauros: murtaza is going to use Blaziken!
    (17:20:48) Ascarotte: deoxys wormadam

(17:20:54) ±Tauros: murtaza asked for their Blaziken to explore the room! murtaza's Blaziken triggered a trap! murtaza lost 28 Stamina!

It does seem to unscramble to Deoxys / Wormadam, none of which share a type with Blaziken, yet it triggered a trap? Is there still a third unrevealed type which still sets off a trap? (The second set unscrambles to Rhyperior / Illumise)

Last edited: Jun 22, 2016
  2. Zoroark

Zoroark Stay Firm Forum Moderator Server Moderator Forum Moderator Server Moderator

PO Trainer Name:
    SkyPhoenix / Zoroark
    I just thought, since safari ball is used for some things in alchemist quest, why not adding more uses to it?

I was thinking on turning a certain amount of safari balls into premier balls, dunno perhaps 100 Safari balls > 10 premier balls or something like that.

3. beforedawn

beforedawn Active Member

You can have up to 20 different products in your shop.

You can buy multiple items at once, but not multiple Pokemon. This has been brought up before and if there are limitations to this due to the nature of Pokemon, that's understandable.

However, I want to criticise the restocking process. If you add an item that you already have in shop, it will be re-added with the new specified price and quantity. However, this cannot be done AT ALL if you have 20 products in your shop. This means you need to first remove the item before re-adding it.

It's even worse for Pokemon. Pokemon can be restocked and repriced if you re-add with with a higher quantity. However, Pokemon cannot be changed in price if you try to restock it with equal or lower quantity. (This also means you cannot decrease the quantity and keep the same price as well.)

I was hoping these changes can be addressed so I don't have to constantly remove and replace products in the shop.

4. mibuchiha

mibuchiha Was yea ra chs ieeya.

PO Trainer Name:
    mibuchiha
    Following the update making /challenge work only when both sides have same number of mons, can we also have it work for 3 and below? In particular 1v1.

5. The Chosen Nerd

The Chosen Nerd New Member

Possibly some event trivia games with rewards for winners, like what was done for tournaments. Could breathe new life into the other side channels. One Safari game (faction war, race, quiz, etc.) per day guaranteed would be fun. The ability to npc Pokémon in bulk e.g. /sell Magikarp:confirm:4 would be a time-saver. Lastly, whenever two safari players battle, the loser pays the winner $500 or something, you know a reference to battling in-game.

6. DracoNova

DracoNova Cherlene's #1 fan

PO Trainer Name:
    DracoNova
    Just gonna throw this idea
    DITTO!
    safari players can substitute any pokemon requested from collector with ditto. The success rate should however be low say about 10% with severe consequences if the attempt fails depending on the difficulty set(like 20k fine with 3 day collector ban when failing epic quest).

7. Zoroark

Zoroark Stay Firm Forum Moderator Server Moderator Forum Moderator Server Moderator

PO Trainer Name:
    SkyPhoenix / Zoroark
    Hey so after bumping into safari and right away having a contest start, wouldn't it be nice to have something like this so that we don't have to type /info when there are just a few seconds before a contest starts?
    [​IMG]
    Or for short, simply putting the information show in /info to be displayed right when someone logs into safari.
    Im merely taking tournaments as an example of the idea.

8. Troller

Troller Well-Known Member

PO Trainer Name:
    Troller
    (03:36:13) ±Tauros: Collector: So you will help me? Great! Then bring me Charizard, Infernape, Lapras, Zoroark, Chandelure and Lugia, and I will pay you $97,160 for them!

Can't we do that with pseudo>true legend? 100k Lugia lol pls

Zoroark likes this.
  9. Floofy doggeh

Floofy doggeh New Member

Sniper Ball
    This ball gives a 2x boost rate ,and only works after 3 or 4 people have thrown,if its used will being baited ,it gets 1.25x boost ,
    Another idea is Hide and Seek,you and 5 or 6 players will go into an area ,each paying 1k entrance fee,once inside,one player will become a seeker ,and there will be multi hiding spots for the hiders to be,bushes,trees,rocks,vines, etc.
    Sometimes they will hold items like 3 luxuries, or $50,maybe some dust
    If the seeker wins,they will receive money/ampere gems/dust
    If the hiders win they will get ampere gem
    If the seeker finds a hider ,the hider will help find other players,
    But for this place to work,there will need to be at least 25 hiding spots

10. fitzy

fitzy Heart of the cards Forum Moderator Forum Moderator

/pyr Suicide for hazard rooms.

Using every single hazard and struggle when at very low stamina is a common occurrence. I'd like to be able to do this in 1 command instead of 10.

Fuzzy edit:
    (USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST)

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 21, 2016
    beforedawn, La.Neptune and Hurricane like this.
  11. mibuchiha

PO Trainer Name:
    mibuchiha
    In light of the recent incident, can we make /tradeblock prevent any form of selling including npc, scientist, quests etc?

EvilDingoRobot likes this.
  12. EvilDingoRobot

EvilDingoRobot HELLOOOOOOOO

PO Trainer Name:
    Duck Hunt
    Could we have a command where if you need a pokemon, it will tell you what shops that pokemon is in?

Pangaea likes this.
  13. Joeypals!!

Joeypals!! Don't you worry 'bout a thing~

PO Trainer Name:
    Joeypals
    Quest idea: Spelunking.

This quest works similar to the Itemfinder. With a CD of two hours and a payment of say, $750, players can go into the Underground and dig around for items. These items should obviously differ from the Itemfinder, being more earthy in material as opposed to, say, Bait. In addition, a few items should be implemented that are Spelunking-exclusive.

Fossil: Basically an egg, but with a limited selection in exchange for a boosted shiny rate. Types included should be Rock (most common), Water, Normal, and very rarely Dragon (refers to dinosaurs).

Relic Statue: No need to argue for a Relic Coin, etc etc. The Relic Statue should be found very rarely, but worth about 5 times more than a Big Nugget (so 25k base).

Diamond: Slightly more common than the Relic Statue, worth 15k when pawned (base).

Last edited: Aug 8, 2016
  14. mibuchiha

PO Trainer Name:
    mibuchiha
    Ace Trainer Society. Basically a blank gym in league quest that gives no badges/rewards, just for people to practice and get the hang of it. Or kill time.

Maybe with no/low cd.

Joeypals!! likes this.
  15. fitzy

I've heard that players are hording burn heals.

To encourage burn spreading I suggest a very light downside to hording.

If player has > 2 burn heals then any of the following:

Reduced money from daily login
    Slightly increased alchemist fail rates.

16. mibuchiha

PO Trainer Name:
    mibuchiha
    But why?

17. IceKirby

IceKirby A.K.A. RiceKirby

PO Trainer Name:
    RiceKirby
    My initial plan was to make the Burn Heal disappear if not used in 48~72 hours.

Yttrium likes this.
  18. Shelldon

Shelldon New Member

The gacha ball is just a normal pokeball with a gacha ticket on it.. however it has the same rate of a clone ball without scientist and it gives you a random prize if you manage to catch. If you happen to get a master ball and already have one, you'd get a fragment. And it could also announce something like, "Shelldon picked up a Master Ball as he was walking away!"

Yttrium and fitzy like this.
  19. Zoroark

PO Trainer Name:
    SkyPhoenix / Zoroark
    (22:45:20) ±Tauros: You just threw some bait not too long ago. Let others have a turn! [Global cooldown: 3 seconds]

Honestly I find that the global cooldown is not quite necessary to be seen if you are on bait cooldown, which is, if Im not wrong, waiting for 3 players to bait after you do or waiting 180 seconds, so Idk, maybe if it says something like
    (22:45:20) ±Tauros: You just threw some bait not too long ago. Let others have a turn! [Time left before your next bait: 165 seconds] would be more specific.

Wolf, Joeypals!! and Troller like this.
  20. Mattster321

Mattster321 New Member

Event Game Suggestion: Unown's Pokemon Chain (UPC)

You sign up with /signup. Every round, the game begins with a pokemon. Then, one by one, players are called out by the bot and has to state a pokemon that begins with the letter that the generate pokemon ends in. If a player runs out of time, the last mon to be said is applied to the next player. A round ends when all players go. A pokemon can not be repeated in the same round. If all mons beginning with that letter runs out, all mons beginning with the letter are allowed to be used again. After each round, the time players have to answer will be lowered. Last player standing wins.

Variation of this: Unown's Move Chain (UMC)

Example: Tauros: The Generated Pokémon is Ledyba! P1 is up! P1: Abra! Tauros: P2 is up! (8 Seconds Later) Tauros: Times Up! P2 is eliminated!

Last edited: Aug 18, 2016
  21. Troller

Troller Well-Known Member

PO Trainer Name:
    Troller
    Myth balls allowed in Night: i agree some themes must stay without that because it would destroy the sense of the theme like Daycare, Snowflake or Normal, point is using little mons or Normal, with Myth you are allowed to catch Legends/Shinies with high bst/fighting types and that's clearly unacceptable. But that's clearly not the case of Night, i know it was designed in that way too but, is really ok force people to throw Safari or Spy on Legends/Shinies (if spawns)? If you allow Myth in Normal people will just spam fightings to catch Shinies/Arceus and that's bad, but what about Night?
    I really hope the day a Rare spawn in Night we will be able to throw not the Master Ball but at least Myth.

Ah and about night it's 2am here and i'm tired sorry if bad english xdd

22. La.Neptune

La.Neptune Active Member

PO Trainer Name:
    Bork, Lord Neptune
    Some suggestions from here and there ~

1.Increased time in hazard rooms (pyr)-It's damn hard to play Pyramid on android.After adding the /pyr A commands it seems a bit helpful but still hazard rooms looks tough.Scrolling up and down...then thinking.. then typing each command individually.. takes a lot of time and 'most' of the time we can not complete the actions that we want to do.

2.Contest Theme (Night)-It's hard to catch High BST mons in night with just safari and spy balls on hand.I know these 2 suits the theme well but most of the time we are unable to catch high BST (generally 500+) mons.Also,I haven't seen a rare spawn in night yet but i am fully sure people would be damn salty after it fleds.Myth ball would be highly powerful so i am not fully supporting it,but atleast Great or Ultra or maybe Heavy ball would be helpful in catching them.

3.Contest theme (Desert)-Safari Public agree that this is a bad (if not worst) theme.With just two "not-good" legends and an average reward,this theme ranks very low.Adding more legends is not possible but surely the rewards can be buffed a bit so people actually vote this theme sometime...

4.Health restoring (pyr)-The current system (Person with most HP at the end of a floor,gets healed the most) looks bad to me.I think it should be opposite (Person with least HP gets more health at the end of each floor).When the players are about to die what's the point of restoring 1 or 2 HP?Do u want to make sure we never finish the pyramid?

23. Lpola456

Lpola456 A Random User.

PO Trainer Name:
    Mr.LP
    I get that that everyone is salty concerning night theme's "High Difficulty" because of the low options of pokeballs; however, I don't personally see this as a reason to include more balls. Most of the themes in safari are rather easy (Sky, volcano)
    so what really is the problem with one theme that is uneasy?
    Another thing; the biggest reason reason for implemening only safari and spy was to encourage the use of spy balls (Based on what I know, Spy balls are: if not the least, one of the least useful balls in safari based on other people's opinions). Adding other balls would defeat the purpose in making spy balls somewhat more useful and renders sky balls useless.
    In my opinion, I believe Night theme is fine the way it is even if it's not one of the easiest themes.

Yttrium and mibuchiha like this.
  24. mibuchiha

PO Trainer Name:
    mibuchiha
    For what it's worth I completely support Lpola123456's opinion that Night is fine as it is.

Lpola456 likes this.
  25. Fiery Espeon

Fiery Espeon The fire never bothered me anyway ~

PO Trainer Name:
    Fiery Espeon
    Include a confirmation to abort a Collector's quest, because people may accidentally click on abort and lose the quest + money. A small but useful change.

Mestre Nando likes this.
  26. Wolf

Wolf Member Server Moderator Server Moderator

PO Trainer Name:
    Wolf, Tea, Vulpix
    Hey i have a couple of suggestions
    1. Make it where we can npc more than one mon at a time. (Like how we can trade) it will make things faster. This can be helpful like if we're trying to sell a certain number right before a contest starts,

2, make the pokeballs easier to switch on droid. My droid doesnt even have spellcheck and there is a delay with copy and paste. Could it be /safari /ultra with out catch? If not, could it be /c safari? Or /catch s ? It could even be an optional thing for people to have it on quick catch with lesss words. literallly a second makes a diff sometimes in being able to switch balls. Pc users have links to click and easy cp format, help us droid users out a bit.

La.Neptune and Zoroark like this.
  27. Zoroark

PO Trainer Name:
    SkyPhoenix / Zoroark
    Lately I've been thinking, why can't safari events such as Battle Factory or Race be random?
    I think it would save the issue of dealing with people that are constantly begging safari auth for events. Perhaps code it so it creates one random event a day, i.e: 1 day Battle Factory, another day Pokemon Race, with random prizes of course.

28. Fuzzysqurl

Fuzzysqurl baa baa mareep I do what I want Server Owner Developer I do what I want Server Owner Developer

Well, a rule does curb the begging... and a mute would put an end to it...

29. Mattster321

Mattster321 New Member

Just like Trivia Events and Event Tournaments
    Mafia Events

Uh maybe this will get more people to get involved in mafia. (probably not)
    Prizes: Gacha Tickets or Gems Maybe

30. Zoroark

PO Trainer Name:
    SkyPhoenix / Zoroark
    Alright this is something I've thought many times and discussed with other people, since for I don't know what reason, Master Ball price is continuously increasing, to even reach the absurd price of 70 or 80k, which is not affordable for everyone, but very profitable for those who can buy a lot of gachas to get a new mb and sell it to desperate people who cannot buy as many gachas to obtain it. Which made me think, why not making Master Ball untradeable just like Fragments are, besides its insane that you literally require to find the equivalent of 5 master balls in order to create a new one (because I believe finding fragments is as rare as finding mb itself).

Initially we could hold as many Master Balls as we wanted (not in a literal way), thus it created the problem that those lucky enough could catch as many legends as they could as long as they had that many mb's, therefore Fragment was created as a limitation of how many mb's people could carry, but then I guess the price for fragments was also high or I don't know for what reason it became untradeable. Now it was only a matter of being lucky enough to burn hundreds of itemfinder charges + explorer to get enough fragments and create another mb, which is not quite a problem for wealthy people, but for averages, it kind of is, so they resort to something with easer but expensive access, gacha mb, some others are desperate enough to spend absurd prices on master balls sold by wealthy people, eventually it will reach a point where only a few will be able to afford it, of course, if people keep holding to the excuse of "master ball is being more rare and exclusive", which I believe is a lie.

Back to the point, if we were to make MB untradeable, both wealthy and non wealthy people, sooner or later, will end up in the same situation: Having to buy gachas/burning their amperes, to find fragments and/or mb's, but now you wonder: "What will happen to those that have mb and then get another one from login reward?", well, either remove fragments (Which I dont think will happen), or at least make master ball create 2-3 fragments when it shatters, another possiblity would be putting the mb untradeable and slightly increase the odds of finding fragments. The only ones who influence in the increase/decrease of prices are the wealthy ones, who have no problem spending high amounts of money to get whatever, because they can afford it, thus putting pressure on those who can't by increasing the prices.

Besides, there is something that everyone can do, and that is "Resource Stacking", which I think it will make users do quests more often and find new strategies in order to get rare items, instead of sticking to the same method of "I'll wait for someone to sell me mb". Work hard for it instead of submitting to the prices of other people.

Yeah for some people it will be a crazy idea, some others will love it, but regardless of the result, instead of keeping shut, I wanted to release this idea, even if it gets rejected, at least I'm Glad that I'm brave enough to say things even if that means that it "probably" make some people look at me in a different way.

31. Joeypals!!

Joeypals!! Don't you worry 'bout a thing~

PO Trainer Name:
    Joeypals
    If I may bounce off of that @Zoroark, I'd like to start my post by saying this -- prices are not exclusive. By that, I mean that nowhere does it say "Item X has to be such and such" or "Item Y cannot exceed blank". Pricing is in everyone's hands, not just the richer portion of Safari that everyone likes to seem to put their issues on. Anyway, onto the main point.

I can agree that Master Ball shouldn't be traded. It's a max-capacity item of 1 that lets you catch anything you want (even Gabite but we don't talk about that), so obviously desire for this ball will be quite high. However, here's the question -- if the Fragments cannot be traded, why should the ball? The Fragment and the Ball act very much like a puzzle, with the fragments coming together to complete the ball. So if you can't trade the pieces for the same puzzle, why should you be able to trade the Master Ball? It's something I've been thinking about recently that honestly confuses me, and while I may have feuded with Zoro in the past I can be completely on board with him when it comes to this.

Price gouging on its own shouldn't really be a thing considering that at this point we need to consider bringing in new players, not just sticking with the same rag-tag clan of people. However in a freelance setting that Safari has, you can't really control that. What can be controlled though is who you buy from, what can be bought, and for how much the item is bought for. So take back control of the situation, those complaining about the "richies" in Safari on a daily basis. And yes, please make the Master Ball untradeable if we can't trade the Fragments, as consistency is key.

Zoroark likes this.
  32. fitzy

MB price is increasing because the price of everything else is increasing so the legends/shinys you catch are worth it. If desperate people can't afford to buy Gachapon (200 a ticket) then how on earth can they afford to spend 80k (they rarely sell for this but it is the price you gave) on a MB? If anything the insane price should be helpful to new players because then they have a fortune when they reach the login bonus or get lucky with free gachapon.

Did you play in alpha or early beta? It didn't happen like that at all. Fragments were created because people wanted a second MB and rolling the Gachapon Jackpot but only getting a Safari Ball sucked.

RE It being hard to find another Master Ball: Yeah no shit. It is one of the best and rarest items in safari. Eventually it will reach a point (I think it already has) where due to the price it is simply better to buy Gachapon tickets with the money. This won't limit the availability of it but instead be a fantastic opportunity for those newer players willing to spend time using tickets.

Also joey I just don't see the inconsistency. It makes perfect sense to me that the main one can be traded and fragments are "in the bank" so if you want to trade them then you have to make them a MB first with alchemist quest.

TLDR: No pls

Yttrium, Troller and mibuchiha like this.
  33. Wolf

PO Trainer Name:
    Wolf, Tea, Vulpix
    I agree with the idea that its better for masterballs to be a non tradable item. The people with considerable wealth and that have an abundance of time to play are dominating the market. They catch a legend, sell it fo 500k, buy a mb for 80k, etc. It does provide some profit to other players. However, imagine if we couldnt trade them. People would think twice before mastering just anything. Instead of catching that 4th duplicate legend someone with great wealth might reconsider and a person that has never been able to catch or buy that one may get it. Rare mons could potentially be distributed more evenly.

Of course the opposite side to this is, no one is forcing anyoneto sell their master and at end of the month a few people still have theirs and want to sell, but as it is right now people are even purchasing them specifically to resell. Ive seen several people buy soley with that intention of making a profit.

Joeypals!! and Zoroark like this.
  34. fitzy

/pyrinvite to invite a player to be able to watch a pyramid run you are currently in if they want to.

/leagueinvite same as above but with league matches.

Yttrium, Professor Oak and Joeypals!! like this.
  35. mibuchiha

PO Trainer Name:
    mibuchiha
    When we hover the pointer on bag items/mon sprites we get a small text telling its name.

Would be nice if this is applicable for decors in others' bases as well.

Also, no cd on self-base.

36. Wolf

PO Trainer Name:
    Wolf, Tea, Vulpix
    Make an extra step before npcing legends or shinies. Yes, you have confirm,but when youre typing tons of npcs throughout the day confirm is just automatic. Its silly to have same precauction for a $500 mon as a $500000 legend. Especially when if you type the name wrong its gone. Its not unheard of for people to do this. Its happened to several people. Many of us type confirm at the end a bunch of times a day. Very few people intentionally npc legends. Would you add an extra safeguard for legends/shinies? ItWouldn't be of inconvenience to anyone except someone trolling to intentionally delete a legend. Thanks

Last edited: Sep 6, 2016
    Wavy likes this.
  37. Fuzzysqurl

Fuzzysqurl baa baa mareep I do what I want Server Owner Developer I do what I want Server Owner Developer

Why make 2 commands? Just have 1 command that does both. You can't do both at the same time anyway.

Zoroark likes this.
  38. fitzy

Album suggestion:

Delete shows the new /album. I deleted multiple photos at once and it is a hassle keeping up with the new positions in the array.

39. Khaloss

Khaloss New Member

Photo Ball suggestion:

Takes a photo and also catches the Pokemon.

40. Mestre Nando

Mestre Nando Member

PO Trainer Name:
    Mestre Nando
    Can we get this? It is quite small, but helps people who go for clicks instead of writing all the /quest collector:finish, because the abort button is exactly below the one you use to trade the pokemon in, and one single message on chat can mess you up.

---

Also, mons seem to be fleeing quicker when people are taking pictures of them. Is this supposed to happen? I mean, if I was a wild pokemon, I'd be more afraid of balls than pictures, if I didn't want to be captured.

Last edited: Sep 21, 2016