1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Guest, PO has ceased our separate tiering and adopted Smogon tiers for SM. More information and updates here.

Dismiss Notice

Safari Game Suggestions

Discussion in 'Safari' started by Ascarotte, Oct 30, 2015.

1. mibuchiha

mibuchiha Was yea ra chs ieeya.

PO Trainer Name:
    mibuchiha
    And blank /price to show any online shops with anything buyable. For window shoppers.

2. Zoroark

Zoroark Aka Flare Forum Moderator Server Moderator Forum Moderator Server Moderator

PO Trainer Name:
    SkyPhoenix / Zoroark
    1) Cap on tradeblock should be increased, perhaps to something like 100.

2) Just the same way you use [email protected] for higher amounts of the same item in a trade, it would be good to use a specific symbol with the same purpose just for Pokémon, such as # or % or + or whatever works. Tradeblocked Pokémon should also have a mark when checking them in the boxes.

3) Just the same way we have a short version of party load, we could also employ short names for mega forms, like "/qload mpidgeot or m-pidgeot" to quick load a Mega Pidgeot.

I'm going to reiterate some things that I have posted in the past, but I have the feeling they were ignored or forgotten:

4) Have both shiny and legendary Pokémon (include rare forms if you wish) to have an unique text color so it can be easier to notice when checking boxes, and/or when catching, so the name becomes more noticeable.

5) Have the type(s) of the Pokémon that spawns displayed below the Pokémon sprite.

6) Show the name of your lead next to this:
    » [Cancel] «Photo» [Lead: "The lead you're using"]

Last edited: Dec 3, 2016
    Volupia likes this.
  3. Yttrium

Yttrium Well-Known Member Developer Developer

PO Trainer Name:
    Yttrium
    Add a pyramid chat a la team talk in Mafia?

Whereabouts Unknown likes this.
  4. Zoroark

Zoroark Aka Flare Forum Moderator Server Moderator Forum Moderator Server Moderator

PO Trainer Name:
    SkyPhoenix / Zoroark
    Contest Rules suggestions:
    BST Range Buff: Adds a bonus if you use a Pokémon that is within a certain bst range determined by the script.
    Mega Pokémon Buff/Nerf.
    Buff/Nerf on Pokémon that can evolve.
    Buff/Nerf on baby form Pokémon.

5. Volupia

Volupia New Member

PO Trainer Name:
    Volupia
    NPC more than 1 pokémon at once,Just like you can delete photos,(Album delete:3,7,5,4,8) You can NPC more Pokémon(/sell kadabra,koffing,duosion:confirm).
    It would be a great thing to android users,however,I do not know how rocket costume should work in that case.

6. Zoroark

PO Trainer Name:
    SkyPhoenix / Zoroark
    Ok a bit of ranting here, seriously, for the love of God, I'm tired of people that only log into safari to spam rock throws, I don't mind if they do it, it's their deal, but I HATE that dumb ball cooldown effect that it applies if it stuns you, cause it ruins the contests and baiting aswell. So please, I'm begging you, PLEASE REMOVE THAT EFFECT. I don't mind the window restitution or wallet hitting but seriously, make it not cooldown.

7. oprylord

oprylord New Member

How bout a gacha costume? :3

Gachaholic: Basically explorer, but for gacha. Chance to get multiple balls, pawnables, and possibly extra items added in, like egg/prize pack

idk if this is balanced

requirement would be ___ amount of jackpots/items recieved.
    or just __ amount of tickets that didn't get anything

8. Zoroark

PO Trainer Name:
    SkyPhoenix / Zoroark
    Query exclusion:
    Can it be possible, for example, if I do this: /findt finalform&&duplicate 2 (Will search all Full evo pokemon with at least two duplicates) but I don't want certain Pokémon to be there, example: "Dark type pokemon" or "Hoenn Pokemon", so maybe to add a parameter that allows a player to exclude certain results from the overall search?

Also please, when these kind of stuff happens
    (15:15:48) ±Tauros: You can't modify your party while a Wild Pokemon is out!
    Make it so it says
    (15:15:48) ±Tauros: Your party will be modified when the Wild Pokémon gets caught or flees!
    Then the script would automatically change your team to what you tried to change.

Last edited: Dec 16, 2016
    Fate Testarossa likes this.
  9. 9898

9898 New Member

Z-Crystals

With the new Z-Crystals I suggest possibly make them a usable item.

Use: For [X amount of time] you will only spawn Pokemon of the type corresponding to the Z Crystal used.

They can be kept in the ZCrystal bag.

Or even more fun: make it a luck thing and when you use z crystal it is random Ghostium/Firium/Grassium etc.​

10. fitzy

fitzy Heart of the cards Forum Moderator Forum Moderator

Now it is obtainable, make Fresh Water tradeable?

11. Strudels

Strudels ・◡・ Super Moderator Server Administrator Super Moderator Server Administrator

PO Trainer Name:
    Ripper Roo
    make /catch default to Safari ball if your current favourite is restricted by contest rules?

Zoroark and Joeypals!! like this.
  12. Steven_Stones

Steven_Stones New Member

i wish if the PO app is updated for android there will be a special button for throwing masterball because typing can take too long in android especially if theres a lag.

13. Zoroark

PO Trainer Name:
    SkyPhoenix / Zoroark
    Shop Related stuff:
    When you check your own shop, I don't think it makes much sense seeing this:
    (12:25:06) ±Tauros: You currently have [Money] and [Silver Coins]. To buy something, use /shop Zoroark:[Pokémon/Item] (e.g.: /shop Zoroark:Pikachu or /shop Zoroark:Heavy Ball)

It should probably say something like: (12:25:06) ±Tauros: This is your shop. To add something, use /shopadd [Pokémon/Item]:[Price]:[Amount in Stock] (e.g.: /shopadd Pikachu:500:2 or /shopadd Heavy Ball:100:50). To remove something, use /shopremove [Pokémon/Item].

With this being said, it would be nice if you could add/remove multiple things from/to the shop.
    Like for example: /shopadd Heavy Ball,Luxury Ball:200:50 (Adds both Heavy and Luxury Ball for $200 with 50 units available, if one of those items don't have the set amount available, just make it return a message saying it's not possible due to not having enough of that Item/Pokémon. Same format could probably go to /shopremove.

IceKirby likes this.
  14. Zoroark

PO Trainer Name:
    SkyPhoenix / Zoroark
    More shop related stuff. When checking a price for a specific object/Pokémon, when you click the username, instead of dragging you to their shop and then click on the product, why not simply make it return the shop buy format directly? I mean, if you do /price soda, find a player with soda, makes no sense that the link takes you to the shop so you have to click on soda pop again to buy it, just make it direct.

15. Zoroark

PO Trainer Name:
    SkyPhoenix / Zoroark
    The following suggestion is courtesy of user @Volupia
    Assuming I got the idea's concept correctly, it should go like this:

Allow the /bst command display information about a Pokémon's previous evolution if it has any, aswell as displaying the amount of dust gained by using Devolution Spray on it, since Gen 7 is fairly new to safari (still) many people don't know all names and this could be a fast way for them to obtain such information. And well, since /bst gives information about evolutions, why not pre evolutions?

Volupia likes this.
  16. beforedawn

beforedawn Active Member

Because there isn't really a way to get them now and probably not for the foreseeable future:

±Tauros: You can buy the following Items with Silver Coins:
    ±Tauros: Shady Coin: 3 Silver Coins

y/y?

17. mibuchiha

PO Trainer Name:
    mibuchiha
    ; to be accepted as a field separator in commands as well, on top of the current :

18. Jethalal

Jethalal (~o.o)~ So Spooky ~(o.o~)

PO Trainer Name:
    Jethalal
    It would be nice if we can see the auction prices of previous items sold off monger like /quest monger:history or something

Zoroark and LittleRoot like this.
  19. beforedawn

beforedawn Active Member

/viewt ricekirby

In case I want to view a party but don't want to see your costume or the Pokemon images.

This makes it easier to c/p, because as how /view is now, if I were to c/p it, they all count as individually different lines.

20. Zoroark

PO Trainer Name:
    SkyPhoenix / Zoroark
    1) Why not creating a command alias for quest? In this case:
    /q tower:start
    /q arena:mustard
    /q alchemist
    [etc etc]

2) Also is it possible to code a toggle command that works to permanently watch or unwatch NPC fights? Cause for me it's a Hazzle to do the following process:
    /quest arena:mustard > hovering the mouse to the watch PO send link while the chat scrolls down just to stop watching the battle. Same goes for tower and any other thing that involves watching.

3) Can the tradeblock list have a counter integrated on it? It's sort of awkward to manually count the amount of tradeblocked stuff in the list and then bump with the fact that you filled it without knowing.

4) Sometimes, and I'm sure that a lot of you have bumped into this: You log into safari and out of the sudden while checking your quest cooldowns, a contest starts, without even knowing there's one. Is it possible that when a contest is close to start or is in countdown, to make it display what /info displays upon logging in?

21. mibuchiha

PO Trainer Name:
    mibuchiha
    The advantages given by photos are not very large. As such I suggest throw ordering for it works like a quick ball, and that its current cd is reduced.

22. beforedawn

beforedawn Active Member

Issue #1:

Does anyone think it's a little borked that new players get 5 GBaits but nothing strong to use them with? I propose 1 free Myth Ball for all new players.

Issue #2:

Make all base-related commands as /quest decor:help.

[​IMG]

23. Zoroark

PO Trainer Name:
    SkyPhoenix / Zoroark
    I don't see the problem with them having Gbaits from the start. But if at least people cared to read and knew what is Gbait capable of before using it like crazy, and if they asked for advice before doing anything, they'd wait for a Master Ball.

24. 9898

9898 New Member

Pyramid suggestion

Consider rotating hazard moves each month/30 days. It gets a little monotonous to use the same teams because they cover the most hazards.

I have ideas for each if you're curious!

25. beforedawn

beforedawn Active Member

I disagree because it would be a lot for Rice to continuously program and update. It would also make success very difficult because it takes forever to plan a reliable and continuous team, and hazard-control is one of the biggest factors in selecting Pokemon. All the work would go to waste.

On top of that, can you imagine paying 5k and finding out that you can cover NONE of the hazards?

--- Post updated ---
    1. For the topic, update Bugs link and suggestions link to auto-direct to last page, just like changelog.

2. Speaking of which, update the changelog, because it's behind.

3. Allow costume-switching during a contest. It's not like it makes a significant difference in the outcome of the contest, anyway. No one has Inver costume. Mostly, I just want to be able to see what my costume CD is during a contest.

4. Implement a command like /lc to deal with "any spawns?" It can look like this:

±Tauros: Spawn: Pheromosa --- Caught by: fitzy (using Landorus) --- Ball: Heavy --- Theme: Urban --- Caught 59 minutes, 29 seconds ago
    ±Tauros: Spawn: Magearna --- Caught by: beforedawn. (using Shiny Dragalge) --- Ball: Myth --- Theme: Sky --- Caught 29 minutes, 30 seconds ago
    ±Tauros: Spawn: Shiny Shuckle --- Caught by fuzzysqrl (using Landorus) --- Ball: Master --- Theme: Default --- Caught 10 minutes, 28 seconds ago

Last edited: Feb 13, 2017
  26. 9898

9898 New Member

Dawn U don't even host pyramids! It would be an alternate set not brand new moves every thirty days. Maybe two sets of hazard moves: classic and new. Each alternate per month so it wouldnt necessarily be a surprise.

My reasoning is many of the old TMs and moves aren't given to newer Pokemon. Gen 6/7 mons don't have more than 4 hazard moves while numerous gen1/2 mons have 5-8 hazard moves @[email protected]

Part of the fun of our is devising new teams and strats. With Pokemon db/ serebii it wouldnt be too much hassle to come up with teams.

27. beforedawn

beforedawn Active Member

Pyramid meta is more complicated than you think. I spend months devising new teams.

--- Post updated ---
    Suggestion: Have /canlearn be implemented as a find function.

/findt color gray && type rock && canlearn powergem

Pokémon Gray-colored, with Rock type and can learn Power Gem (3)
    Nosepass, Carbink, Probopass

28. Zoroark

PO Trainer Name:
    SkyPhoenix / Zoroark
    (14:53:53) ±Tauros: SkyPhoenix, you have 1 unread message. To read them, type /inbox.
    I really don't like this function much, at least not the way it's currently working. All the stuff sent to my inbox are things that I already know, such as what contest I've won, which I am already aware of, so that information is nothing new, nor relevant. Perhaps if this kind of notifications gets removed it can become less obnoxious (because it flashes me).

29. Joeypals!!

Joeypals!! Don't you worry 'bout a thing~

PO Trainer Name:
    Joeypals
    Just an idea I drummed up for voting themes, feel free to say no but I feel like it might make things a little better instead of pure majority.

What if, instead of pure majority, each vote was cast as a chance to play that theme? Think Mafia/Murder, or the online mode for Mario Kart Wii/3DS/8. Let's say 10 total votes are cast -- 7 for Sky, 2 for Mt. Pyre, and 1 for Tundra. Sky would have a 70% chance of being drawn, Mt. Pyre 20%, and Tundra 10%. Makes it so that everyone has a chance of getting to play what they want.

30. Zoroark

PO Trainer Name:
    SkyPhoenix / Zoroark
    The idea of voting is that the Majority of players get to choose what they want to play, regardless if 1 or 2 users had a different choice, majority is majority and I think that's pretty fair and logical. Adding a RNG factor to the voting phase automatically takes away the purpose of voting itself. But this is just my opinion. Although this may be used for different things, like for example: Registering which themes are played more often and which aren't so then the script adds a higher chance of choosing a low played theme in a non voting phase to add a balance of themes that are played a lot and others that aren't.

31. fitzy

Recipe to make Star Pieces. Right now sunmoon takes roughly a decade to complete.

Joeypals!! and Zoroark like this.
  32. Zoroark

PO Trainer Name:
    SkyPhoenix / Zoroark
  33. Zoroark

PO Trainer Name:
    SkyPhoenix / Zoroark
    (20:18:00) ±Tauros: Now disallowing other players from viewing your party!
    Minor nitpick here, it should say
    (20:18:00) ±Tauros: Now disallowing other players from viewing your party and battles!

--- Post updated ---
    Random suggestion:
    Ball of Choice/Ball of the Day
    A random ball except for clone would be picked just in the same way a boost of the day is, applying a multiplier that is proportional to the ball's catch rate and cooldown.

34. Zoroark

PO Trainer Name:
    SkyPhoenix / Zoroark
    Fun request: Should photos be tradeable? In this case only tradeable for money of course. Cause you may have completed a quest and you still have similar pictures that fulfill said quest but you're on CD, might aswell just sell it to someone who needs to fulfill it before the CD is over.

35. Troller

Troller Well-Known Member

PO Trainer Name:
    Troller
    /Price cooldown from 60 seconds to 20

it's really boring when you need stuff (especially for quests) and you have to wait 3-4 minutes to check all, i guess 20 is perfect if your goal was avoiding spams

and also maybe that's just me but i would like to see league's speed without boost (not speaking of other stats, they are fine), especially because literally ruins the "sense" of using mons with 101 speed and stuff like that

Joeypals!! and Atli like this.
  36. aaditya01

aaditya01 Member

/quest quiz and rewards after specific points ???

Actually i want to suggest a /quest something which will give a reward like philo stone just it's effect will be that instead of form it will change the normal mon to shiny not useable on forms tho...
    And if you think it will make desirable shinies common , then make the stone restricting like type specific or bst specific e.g fire shiny stone bst 330 350, that can be used on only a fire type mon within that bst ,... I know i wasn't much clear in explanation but think about that , it will be a nice quest

37. Zoroark

PO Trainer Name:
    SkyPhoenix / Zoroark
    More display nitpics, is it possible that the /quest command could show the following information next to monger?
    (21:28:33) ±Tauros: [E] 1 Nugget --- Deal ends in about 12 hours, 59 minutes (Your bid: XX Shady Coins)
    This way saves the task of having to check the monger quest everytime when the cd could be directly displayed.

38. Joeypals!!

Joeypals!! Don't you worry 'bout a thing~

PO Trainer Name:
    Joeypals
    Another Pyramid idea! I would imagine the statues in Pyramid are using some sort of force to deal their damage, and should thus get to a point where they're still alive, but unable to attack. Since it is a statue, my idea is that when you get within 50HP, the statue crumbles and the party takes minor damage that corresponds to the floor. You can compensate this by having statues do slightly higher damage.

39. fitzy

Maybe implement this functionality with party load.

Fate Testarossa likes this.
  40. mibuchiha

PO Trainer Name:
    mibuchiha
    And /qload.

41. Troller

Troller Well-Known Member

PO Trainer Name:
    Troller
    5. Evolve 12 Pokémon with name that start with L (0/12) - Reward: 35 Gachapon Tickets + 16 mission points

A command to find pokémons that starts with x letter without being crazy

Last edited: Apr 26, 2017
    La.Neptune and LittleRoot like this.