1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Guest, PO has ceased our separate tiering and adopted Smogon tiers for SM. More information and updates here.

Dismiss Notice

Safari Game Suggestions

Discussion in 'Safari' started by Ascarotte, Oct 30, 2015.

1. ThriceElite

ThriceElite New Member

Make Wonder Trade abide by tradeblock list just like regular selling and trading does. A friend of mine accidentally npced a shiny of his recently, so I want all my bases covered and all safety measures ensured.

@JoyFrost @Whereabouts Unknown

2. Yttrium

Yttrium Well-Known Member Developer Developer

PO Trainer Name:
    Yttrium
    Let's have a costume that increases the chance of baiting Shiny Pokemon.

If you think this is a good idea, like this post and spam Miki Sayaka's PMs saying such. The work for this is basically already done, there's only one thing standing in the way of its implementation

EDIT: Maybe JoyFrost and Strudels too? idk who's in charge of this anymore

Last edited: Jan 2, 2019
  3. M. Bakhsh

M. Bakhsh New Member

Let's maybe not harass people working on the game for free just to request features. Honestly I think that unless the multiplier was something useless like 1.01x or 1.02x then this is pretty much all anyone would ever use and the point of shinies being a fun rare thing to catch would be diminished.

4. Yttrium

Yttrium Well-Known Member Developer Developer

PO Trainer Name:
    Yttrium
    I don't know, there's plenty of costumes that are more useful so there's plenty of incentive to be using something else. At this point it seems shinies and legendaries are really the only thing the people still playing live for anyway so I don't see why the people who dedicate so much time to Safari shouldn't get something small like this. I doubt that even tripling the shiny rate like the Shiny Charm in the games does would significantly impact people's desire for shinies. Plus, it's not like it's a freebie, as with costumes other than Preschooler, it takes work to get.

The reason I ask for people to provide their feedback to Miki is that Miki thinks that people "wouldn't like it" and I want to test whether this belief is true.

EDIT: I guess if you're worried about shinies become too common as a result of this, the chance of a shiny appearing without the costume could be increased

Last edited: Jan 4, 2019
  5. LittleRoot

LittleRoot Active Member

I feel like purchasing baits should give a bonus like pokeballs.
    something like if you buy 10 baits, you get any apricon as a bonus

6. mibuchiha

mibuchiha Was yea ra chs ieeya.

PO Trainer Name:
    mibuchiha
    This is a response to the changelog.

Thanks for the update.

Still no base. :( </3

/find update is amazing. only a few more features remaining and it's basically perfect. "or", "not" and "none".

duplicate and duplicate+ are funny; if you make it work like bst then it doesnt need a new keyword could even merge nodupe that way. ;)

still convenient stuff though!

and still no base :((

7. La.Neptune

La.Neptune Active Member

PO Trainer Name:
    Bork, Lord Neptune
    /sell A,B,C,D

8. HBC

HBC Health, Beauty and Cosmetics!

PO Trainer Name:
    [TR]HBC
    Make item rare af called Wonder ticket that gives one chance to get legendary mon the same bst or lower than the traded mon.

9. Troller

Troller Well-Known Member

PO Trainer Name:
    Troller
    A way to see others' rotation for gym or e4 just like tower

Please fix league/celebrity speed, any other stat boost is fine, but the speed defeat the purpose of stuff made to be faster, you are never sure about being faster or slower.

Make sleep and potions like in game, sleep unlike freeze should never wake on first try, and potions should take a turn to be used.

Last edited: Jun 15, 2019
  10. HBC

HBC Health, Beauty and Cosmetics!

PO Trainer Name:
    [TR]HBC
    Use daycare squares as gyms slots for raid battles. For example, after each 2 contests there would be a change to trigger a Raid battle. Mechanics explained below:

-How would that chance occur? A random square would be picked, and if a Pokemon is in that square, then a raid battle would be triggered.

-Timers would work like Pokemon Go. 1h to warn people beforehard, then 45 minutes for people to join it. A Raid Pass item and some Raid Ball or something would be created. Only one Raid pass should be used per day, unless more are bought from /buy.

-How to join a raid? Make a warning system that shows everyone that user X is interested in joining the raid, so that people know if they should wait and enter the lobby when it's ready to happen. When the raid is ready to be joined, a user can create a lobby with a 2 minute timer. Each lobby has a RNG'ed 5 letter code, so that different groups join at same time.

-How would the raid tiering system go? 5 raid tiers like in Pokémon Go. Make 5 bst ranges for each difficulty. Level 1 could be a Burmy, level 5 any 570 bst or above legendary. The typing of the Pokémon in the square would influence which mon appears. For example, Axew is in the square that triggers the raid, so a Dragon type Pokémon would show up in the raid. You can even make pokémons like Silvally exclusive to this. Also make shiny odds higher than normal, like 1/64 or something for non legends.

-How would battles occur? Rotation battle, user's party vs Raid pokémon. No non-offensive moves would be allowed. Make the pokemon have an HP value like 20x higher than normal, or more or less depending on the Raid tier, to make it harder to win. Have a timer like in Pokémon Go (or not if the HP part itself is good enough for raid balancing). If the cumulative damage dealt surpasses the HP of the pokémon, then the Pokémon is available to catch.

-How would catching phase occur? It would be like an Event Pokémon with a tweak. After the win messages displays, wait a few seconds, then the Pokémon spawns. The player who contributes the most gets more Raid balls.

And I guess that's all, if you think this idea is promising and deserves a Go (pun intended) but there are some plot holes tag me with questions.

The Count and lucianvega like this.
  11. mibuchiha

mibuchiha Was yea ra chs ieeya.

PO Trainer Name:
    mibuchiha
    I find the NPC = max EV max IV max nature and human = min min min to be a fairly good approximation. Of course I cba to remember the actual values so I didn't verify if it works accurately.

However I second this suggestion entirely; having at least the speed stat to be on equal footing would massively help planning and makes the game less based on whether you getting tripped on SE NPC hacks.

Now don't go saying the move choices are random. ;-)

12. Rodgerthat

Rodgerthat Hmm maybe ill cast a spell on you

PO Trainer Name:
    Rodgerthat
    I have a costume idea
    Gold Miner is the name of it
    Obtained by getting 20 nuggets and 10 big nuggets from gachapon
    Increase the rate at which nuggets and big nuggets appear in gachapon.

HBC likes this.
  13. LIFO

LIFO New Member

Super Helpful Command: /ignoreall
    Some weird players kept spamming nonsense things and rude words all the time. It's so tiring to manually ignore them given their relog frequency.

Hearth likes this.
  14. La.Neptune

La.Neptune Active Member

PO Trainer Name:
    Bork, Lord Neptune