1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Guest, PO has ceased our separate tiering and adopted Smogon tiers for SM. More information and updates here.

Dismiss Notice

November/December ORAS UU Potential Suspects Discussion

Discussion in 'Gen 6 UU' started by NananaBatman, Oct 31, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NananaBatman

NananaBatman Well-Known Member

LU -> OU
    Seismitoad

OU -> UU
    Espeon
    Medicham
    Hoopa

Welp those are disappointing. Medichamite being banned means medi is probably not going to be super popular. Espeon has its uses though, neat ability and Stored Power can be fairly threatening.
    On the other hand, Seismitoad rising to OU should have very little impact on our tier, as it wasn't very popular to begin with.

Use this thread to discuss potential suspects in the ORAS UU metagame. As usual, try to post intelligently and explain why you would think X pokemon is suspect worthy.

UU -> LU
    Porygon2
    Aggron
    Vaporeon
    Celebi
    Klefki

NU -> UU
    Magneton

LU -> UU
    Sharpedo

LU -> NU
    Escavalier
    Camerupt
    Masquerain
    Shuckle

NU -> LU
    Archeops
    Audino
    Sigilyph
    Golbat
    Drapion
    Malamar
    Rotom-C

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 13, 2015
  2. Hillary Swüinzenberg

Hillary Swüinzenberg New Member

hmm, but if Seismitoad leave LU Emboar will not be dangerous scary?

3. OUAzumarill

OUAzumarill Active Member

PO Trainer Name:
    Mr Snake
    Maybe, but UU doesn't care what is dangerously scary in LU.

4. Professor Oak

Professor Oak same Forum Administrator Server Owner Social Media Rep Forum Administrator Server Owner Social Media Rep

PO Trainer Name:
    Professor Oak
    yo, so if Baton Pass is banned, are we getting Smeargle / Scolipede retests?

Joeypals!! likes this.
  5. NananaBatman

Smeargle has been freed!

Scolipede is the gayest shit fuck scolipede.

snaga and Weavile like this.
  6. snaga

snaga .

PO Trainer Name:
    snaga
    Free Scolipede

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 11, 2015
  7. Xdevo

Xdevo Phrasing Super Moderator Tour Director Super Moderator Tour Director

Free Scolipede, I don't care how much nananabatman can't handle a bug type with 100 atk.

8. Professor Oak

Professor Oak same Forum Administrator Server Owner Social Media Rep Forum Administrator Server Owner Social Media Rep

PO Trainer Name:
    Professor Oak
    Turns out there was an error with the tier update at the start of the month, and it did not take Hoopa into consideration. Hoopa had 0.4% usage or less each month, and should have dropped to UU.

We've resolved this issue.

Hoopa can now be used in ORAS UU.

9. NAVIDAD PIRATE

NAVIDAD PIRATE THE PLEASURE OF BEING CUMMED INSIDE

PO Trainer Name:
    MeowMix
    free mew

Funbot28 likes this.
  10. Xdevo

Xdevo Phrasing Super Moderator Tour Director Super Moderator Tour Director

Sun is broken.

Between Victini demolishing any chance stall has to do anything, and all of the various Chlrophyll users demolishing Offensive, the only real effective checks are opposing weather, and a lot of protect users.

Joeypals!! likes this.
  11. NananaBatman

Sun is something I've wanted to suspect for a long time but no1 ever brought it up. Sun has a lot of good abusers in uu (basically the slew of extremely powerful fire types), along with some chlorophyll users (most popular of them being Victreebel). Sun can be extremely hard to stop, seeing as even the bulkiest water types are threatened by the likes of LO darm/CB tini in the sun. It's almost impossible to prepare for it and it's extremely match up reliant, so I think its atleast suspect worthy.

Joeypals!! likes this.
  12. snaga

snaga .

PO Trainer Name:
    snaga
    upload_2015-12-29_13-14-49.jpeg
    A mon that i feel is worth a suspect is Victini! Its vast movepool coupled with its very spammable attack in v-create it is a huge treat in the uu tier. Granted it has weaknesses like pursuit krook, stealth rocks, and fat arcanine I feel that it is /borderline/ broken in the tier.​

Key points to look at are:​
    • Victini's ability to beat its own "counters" with the expert belt set​
    • how dangerous band tini is​
    • how scarf tini is one of the best revenge killers​
    • its hazzard weakness​
    • how other mons punish its "spammable" move [tyrantrum, mence]​
    • checks and counters to each set​
    • your opinion of it on the current metagame​
    Discuss!

Purpleseamonkey likes this.
  13. NananaBatman

Meet one of my new slaves, snaga. Along with @gengar17, @Ice Tea and @Draciel, he is part of the new UU council (explanations here). They're mostly here to assist me in the tiering process for the UU metagame.

On to Victini

I feel like Victini is 1 of those pokemon that is very good at punishing bad players/teams. If your only fire check is offensive Mega Blastoise, chances are you're doing it wrong and Victini (no matter what set it is) is going to run through your team. It has a ton of good traits, and with hazard removal becoming easier in gen 6 thanks to defog, its survivability has increased a lot when compared to B/W. I think a suspect would do it good, although I cannot take a firm stance on the matter as of right now.

14. Draciel

Draciel ALLEZ! ALLEZ! ALLEZ!

PO Trainer Name:
    Neo
    Victini has been a big threat in UU for a long time, with it's versatility and it's powerful STAB attacks (mainly V-create) are extremely spammable. Expert belt Victini is a monster too, utilizing it's amazing movepool designed to beat all of it's so called checks/counters while bluffing a Choice item. It has it's share of weaknesses but it's definitely worth a suspect at this point.

Another thing I'd like to discuss about is Staraptor. Reckless Band Staraptor is one of the strongest Physical attackers in the game and there very few things that can switch-in safely (Doublade, Rhyperior, Mega Aggron, Mega Steelix). Even standard phys def. walls like Hippowdon/Forretress get cleanly 2HKOed by this monster, and often the scenario is like 'sack things before it kills itself by recoil and SR damage' instead of actually checking it. So yea, this thing might be the potentially broken in UU.

15. NananaBatman

Just a heads up for the people still following this, the UU council members have agreed to suspect Damp Rock (thread here).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.