1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

[3v3 Singles] Kangaskhanite Vote

Discussion in 'Gen 6 Side Metagames' started by Edna, Nov 9, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Edna

Edna Chasing the Dragon Forum Moderator Forum Moderator

PO Trainer Name:
    Edna
    Please submit the following to validate your vote:
    • A short paragraph as to why Kangaskhanite should or should not be banned.
    • A clear indication of your vote for each suspect, Ban/Keep/Abstain.
    Also make sure you know what a check and counter are, as it's a really fast way to gain/loose credibility in a discussion. A counter can switch into a Pokemon's set with little to no risk and force it out or set up on it. A check can only come in on certain moves from a set for a limited amount of time and risks taking heavy damage (or flat out dying) if misplayed. If you still don't know, just lurk, you'll get it.

PM @sulcata , @Elize Lutus, @gengar17 YOUR VOTE. ONE RECIPIENT DOES NOT SUFFICE (You can do this by clicking here).

All votes, accepted or not, will be posted in the thread after the voting concludes on November 23th, 2015.

Suspect Discussion: http://pokemon-online.eu/threads/kangaskhanite-suspect.32306/

Last edited: Nov 11, 2015
  2. Edna

Edna Chasing the Dragon Forum Moderator Forum Moderator

PO Trainer Name:
    Edna
    Ok so we're very late but I've been waiting for all the good posts to make this:

Votes accepted:

Ban:

sulcata:
    Mega Kangaskhan is a bit ridiculous in this metagame. It hits like a truck and has quite spammable priority in the form of Fake Out and Sucker Punch. There are a few obscure counters like Magnet Rise Rocky Helmet Klefki, but let's be real that's grasping at straws for not very viable niche mons. Between Fire Punch, Seismic Toss, Sucker Punch, Earthquake, and Ice punch, Kangaskhan has more than enough tools to pick and choose which Pokemon may check/counter it, allowing for teams to easily carry another 2 mons to patch up its remaining weaknesses. On top of all that, its ability to break sashes is unparalleled with Fake Out, further diversifying its roles.

Decent enough bulk to survive some relatively powerful attacks on top of incredible priority and power makes Mega Kangaskhan a pretty unhealthy Pokemon for the metagame. I am voting to ban Mega Kangaskhan.

Elize Lutus:
    Ferrothorn and Slowbro are not very used though they can punish Mega Kanga and Mega Mence with rocky.
    Cresselia is a ok check ( lol I was the first to try it out with Twave Sub CM Ice Beam) and in general it only cripples Mega Kanga. You could play Moonlight but owell, I didn't try it that way, it loses against Kanga+Ferro if no sub.

About Kanga, what to say: it breaks subs, sashs, hits like a truck, have a gigantic movepool, is bulky, and have no drawbacks in 3v3.

Personaly I've tried to adapt my team to it with playing Air balloon Aegislash and got blown away by Fire punch on the switch ( which also increases the burn chances).

I would most likeky prefer to ban it so it makes other mons viable ( namely Mega Lopunny in this format ) and because it's so centralizing

Jethalal:
    Mega Kanga is one of the biggest threats in this tier with its ability which hits subs break sashes , nice coverage moves (sucker, fire p, power up p, eq, Crunch, ice punch) STAB fake out, return and also have decent bulk
    252+ Atk Choice Band Gale Wings Talonflame Brave Bird vs. 0 HP/4 Def Mega Kangaskhan: 234 - 276 (66.7 - 78.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
    makes it one difficult to take on so i vote for BAN

No ban:

La.Melle2402:
    328 speed is okay, but not good. It gets outspeeded and 1hko'ed by many pokemon like Mega Lucario, Mega Lopunny, Mega Gallade, Terrakion, Blaziken (after 1 protect at least). And it has enough switch ins like Ferrothorn or Garchomp. Rocky helmet and Iron Barbs/Rough skin does +50% when Kang attacks. Other switch ins are Slowbro, Cresselia, Mega Sableye and Skarmory.
    So NO BAN

Funbot28:
    I mean I do believe Mega Kangaskan is extremely powerful, and is probably one of the heaviest hitters in the format, however we must understand that this is not like the regular 6v6 environment. Most teams use offense/bulky offense due to such fast pace games and the non existent use of hazards and status ailments like Toxic. Stall is very uncommon, which means that offense kinda takes control of the meta. Mega Kanga does not really appreciate playing against offense due to it's average 100 Spd, and it's heavy reliance on priority like Sucker Punch to get past faster revenge killers, which can be exploited with. I won't deny that it is a top tier threat and I too believed it was broken at the beginning, but I soon got into the meta and realized that yes it might be broken on paper, put in practice it is just extremely good.

I vote No Ban

Rejected votes:

Joyfrost:
    Ban please, thanks!

As it stands now, it's 3-2 so Kangaskhanite will be banned in 3v3 Singles. That doesn't mean we won't retest later. Thanks for the participation and merry christmas!

Draciel and Jethalal like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.