1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Guest, due to a lack of interest, playerbase, and general desire to continue, PO will hereby cease our separate tiering and adopt Smogon tiers for SM. More information and updates here.

Dismiss Notice

Changelog

Discussion in 'Safari' started by IceKirby, Nov 26, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Moderators: Fuzzysqurl, IceKirby
  1. IceKirby

IceKirby A.K.A. RiceKirby Forum Moderator Channel Leader Developer Forum Moderator Channel Leader Developer

PO Trainer Name:
    RiceKirby
    This thread will log all the main features added to Safari. Since we are often making minor tweaks, we will only log the major changes.

November 24th, 2015:
    -Added new command: /quest, with the first quest available (Collector).

November 26th:
    -Added Boost-of-the-Day: A random Pokémon is picked every day to receive a bonus catch rate (use /info to check the current boost).
    -Added /cleanshop, to quickly remove all items Out of Stock from your shop.
    -Added 'Epic' difficulty to Collector's quest. Use /quest collector:difficulty for a description of each one.
    -You can now use '/lb list' for a list of all leaderboard available.

November 29th:
    -Added new quest: Scientist
    -New Item: Silver Coins, used to buy some items
    -/shopclear has been changed to /shopclose to avoid confusion with /shopclean
    -Player's shop now has a limit of 22 objects (Item + Pokémon)

December 2nd:
    -Added new quest: Arena

December 3rd:
    -Rocks turned into Snowballs as part of season event.
    -You can now save up to 5 parties with /party save.

December 4th:
    -Added new quest (kinda quest): Wonder Trade

December 6th:
    -Auction system added. Try it with /auction.

December 9th:
    -Added Contest Rules, a set of rules randomly picked for the contest when themes are announced. Rules including things like forbidden Balls or Pokémon types or even a different reward for the winner. (Note: Rules that restrict Type or BST don't actually prevent you from using those Pokémon, but greatly nerf your catch chances for that contest if your Active Pokémon doesn't follow the rules).

December 12th:
    -You can now search the leaderboards for a range or a name. /lb money:15 will show the top 15 in that leaderboard instead of only top10. /lb money:11-20 will show the players ranked between 11th and 20th place. /lb gacha:RiceKirby will show you the top 10 for that leaderboard plus RiceKirby's position.

December 16th:
    -Raffle System added. You can buy raffle tickets from the store with /buy entry:1. These raffle tickets are then held onto until a drawing occurs. Once you buy the ticket, you don't have to do anything except for wait! You can use /info to view the current raffle prize and how many tickets have been sold. Each ticket has an equal chance to win meaning the more you buy, the higher chance you have to win! There is only 1 winner per raffle. All tickets that did not win will be voided and discarded at the conclusion of the raffle, leaving you space to purchase more tickets to win the next prize!

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 17, 2015
  2. IceKirby

IceKirby A.K.A. RiceKirby Forum Moderator Channel Leader Developer Forum Moderator Channel Leader Developer

PO Trainer Name:
    RiceKirby
    December 18th:
    -Command /rare removed. Rare Candy is now used with /use rare, which will give some Candy Dust. Candy Dust can be used to evolve Pokémon (check /bst to find how many Candy Dust a Pokémon needs to evolve).

3. IceKirby

PO Trainer Name:
    RiceKirby
    December 20th:
    -New quest added: Tower. Challenge successive trainers until you are defeated, with reward becoming better the more you progress.

[TR]Aranian28 likes this.
  4. IceKirby

PO Trainer Name:
    RiceKirby
    December 22nd:
    -Bait system was changed to reduce spam. Other players can /bait immediately after someone fails (only the person who failed the bait gets the 20 seconds cooldown). Once someone baits successfully the 1 minute cooldown (which is now 90 seconds to keep the chat's pacing, subject to change) kicks off normally. Also, if you bait 1~2 seconds too early your cooldown will increase by 2 seconds (so no point spamming to be the first one to bait).
    -Players can now hold up to 1999 Candy Dusts.

Last edited: Dec 22, 2015
    Jethalal likes this.
  5. Fuzzysqurl

Fuzzysqurl baa baa mareep I do what I want Server Owner Developer I do what I want Server Owner Developer

December 27th:
    They're back!
    Costumes were re-added with a small initial batch.
    To acquire costumes, use /getcostumes and it will automatically check which costumes you are eligible to acquire. If you don't quite meet the requirement for a particular costume, it will let you know how close you are!
    To equip a costume you can use /dressup [costume name] or /changecostume [costume name]. Please note there is a 6 hour cooldown on changing costumes.
    You can view your currently owned costumes with /view, /mydata, or /costumes.

Finally, a little about each:
    Preschooler- Increases the catch rate of your Starter Pokemon (including evolutions if you evolved your starter). This bonus decreases as you catch more pokemon, so its helpful to newer players!
    PokeFan- Increases money received from Collector Quest.
    PokeBreeder- Reduces the cost of evolving a Pokemon.
    Explorer- Increases the chance you will find something with Itemfinder

There are dozens more costumes in the works, so stay tuned for new additions!

6. Fuzzysqurl

Fuzzysqurl baa baa mareep I do what I want Server Owner Developer I do what I want Server Owner Developer

December 30th:
    -Added Chef costume. Help bait pokemon you have a type advantage against.
    -Removing your costume no longer resets your cooldown now.
    -Added /boxs and /finds. They function similar to /boxt and /findt, but include links to directly sell pokemon!

Nightfall Alicorn likes this.
  7. Fuzzysqurl

January 1st, 2016:
    -Added Battle Girl costume. Increases move power while battling against NPCs.
    -Added Ninja Boy costume. Helps skip floors of Battle Tower so you can climb faster.
    -Standardized restrictions on actions while doing other things (ie: trying to start a battle while in an auction; trying to start an auction during contest). Let me know if anything should be changed.
    -Buffed Premier Ball and Silk Scarf.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 6, 2016
  8. Fuzzysqurl

January 3rd:
    -Added Scientist costume. Increases effectiveness of clone ball, allowing you to possibly clone more than once!

9. IceKirby

PO Trainer Name:
    RiceKirby
    January 6th:
    -Some new contest rules added. You can see all existing contest rules with the new command /contestrules (please note that some of the rules listed there are currently not being used).

10. IceKirby

PO Trainer Name:
    RiceKirby
    January 8th:
    -Contest rule 'Defensive Mode' has been renamed to 'Resistance Mode'.
    -Added rule Weakness Mode (which is basically Resistance Mode + Inverted Type): Higher bonus if the Wild Pokémon is super-effective against your Active Pokémon.
    -Limited the amount of different rules that can be picked for a contest.
    -Ditto, Zorua and Zoroark, when spawning disguised as another Pokémon, will always display a slightly wrong BST as a hint that they are transformed/an illusion.

Last edited: Jan 8, 2016
  11. IceKirby

PO Trainer Name:
    RiceKirby
    January 12th:
    -Added the Faction Wars, an event that can be started by a Safari Admin. In this event, players join one of the two factions and use their Pokémon to defeat the other team's Pokémon. Different from normal battles, Faction Wars use an elimination system (Pokémon that win a battle keep going until it's defeated).
    -Small amounts of Candy Dust can now be found at Gachapon.

Last edited: Jan 13, 2016
    Titania, Jethalal, Joeypals!! and 3 others like this.
  12. IceKirby

PO Trainer Name:
    RiceKirby
    January 21st:
    -Added Pokémon Marathon, an event that can be started by a Safari Admin. In this event, players use their active Pokémon to compete in a race against each other until the goal (1000m). Players can even attack each other to slow them down. Currently in testing phase, lots of tweaks will likely come. RIP already. Too messy and hard to balance.
    -Added command /eventhelp with basic information about events like Faction Wars and Marathon.
    -You can use /catch cancel to cancel your throw. Useful if you bait something but don't feel like wasting a ball on them.
    -Replaced Marathon with Pokémon Race, an event where 6 random Pokémon will compete in a race and players can bet money (or silver coins) on the winner.
    -Number of slots for /party save and /party load increased from 5 to 10.

Last edited: Jan 21, 2016
  13. Fuzzysqurl

January 25th:
    -After a number of days working on it, I have added a tutorial for new players. It simply explains the basics (gacha, finder, catching, baiting, etc.) of the game so people aren't as confused when they first join the channel. Trust me, after doing the tutorial some 200+ times, you're not missing out on anything you probably already know.
    -Tweaked Pokémon Race so Favorite is not so dominating.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 26, 2016
  14. IceKirby

PO Trainer Name:
    RiceKirby
    January 30th:
    -Added a new variation of Pokémon Race where you bet an item instead of money.
    -Added 3 new options to /find: /find canEvolve, /find finalForm and /find canMega.

Tsukamoto Taro and mibuchiha like this.
  15. Fuzzysqurl

January 30th, but different person:
    -Added favorite ball. You use /favorite [ball] to set your favorite, then any time you use "/catch" and not specify a ball, it will attempt to throw your favorite. If you don't have any in stock, it defaults back to Safari.

Ex:
    /favorite Myth
    Wild Pokemon Appears
    /catch
    I throw a Myth Ball by default

16. IceKirby

PO Trainer Name:
    RiceKirby
    January 31st:
    -Added Devolution Spray, an item exclusive to Prize Pack that allows a Pokémon to revert to their previous evolutionary stage.
    -"Recommended BST" rule for contests is a bit less cruel now :)

17. Fuzzysqurl

February 1st:
    -Added Rocket Costume. Whenever you turn a Pokemon into an NPC (Collector, Scientist, or Selling), you have a chance to steal the Pokemon back while still getting all the rewards. This was the costume contest winner, submitted by RedJoker25.
    -Buffed Explorer Costume. Took xburnout's idea from Costume contest and applied to Hiker. There is now a chance to get more than 1 pawnable item when using /finder.
    -Added /pawnall. It does what it sounds like, pawns all your pawnables at once.
    -Preschooler bonus will now buff the Johto starter that players get when completing the tutorial. If you are still able to use the Preschooler costume, this effect applies even if you didn't do the tutorial. The Johto starter that is buffed is the family strong against your Kanto starter. (Ex: If you selected Bulbasaur, then your Johto starter is the Cyndaquil family)
    -Massive grammar update. I do good grammar very well. If you notice any mistakes, let me know. I changed over a hundred messages so there's bound to be ones missing or incorrect.
    -Buffed Premier ball. If your lead Pokemon is part normal (dual types do count now), you will receive either the higher of Type Bonus or Ball Bonus if your Typing is neutral or better. If your typing puts you at a disadvantage, you will receive both the Ball and Type bonus. For example:
    • Wigglytuff vs Hydreigon- Wigglytuff is 4x against Hydreigon, so Type bonus will apply
    • Wigglytuff vs Goodra- Wigglytuff is 2x against Goodra, Ball bonus is higher so Ball Bonus will apply
    • Wigglytuff vs Klinklang- Wigglytuff is 0.25x against Klinklang, so Ball Bonus and Type Bonus apply

18. Fuzzysqurl

February 4th:
    -Added a notice when you log in the day before you get a Masterball to tell you that you'll get one if you log in the next day. This gives you a bit of time to prepare and either sell or use your Master Ball before...
    -...It explodes into Ball fragments. These fragments serve no purpose right now except to give you a headstart when a future update comes. Still working out a LOT of kinks, but these fragments will play a part in it. Since you get them by obtaining a Master Ball while you already have one, it seemed nice of me to add that part in early for you guys. Better than getting a Safari Ball from Gacha!

19. Fuzzysqurl

February 8th:
    -Buffed Rocket costume slightly.
    -If you bait and someone has literally just attracted something with a bait, you'll automatically throw a ball. Priority is: Defined Ball (ex: /bait luxury), Favorite Ball, Safari Ball
    -Records has been cleaned up to look nicer. It has some percentages to see success rates on certain records.

20. IceKirby

PO Trainer Name:
    RiceKirby
    February 12th:
    -Added two new items: Egg and Bright Egg. When hatched (with /use), they give you a random Pokémon. Egg can't give legendaries and has the same chance for Shiny as wild Pokémon, while Bright Egg can give legendaries and has increased chance for Shiny. They can be obtained at...
    -Added new quest: Pyramid (based on suggestion by @Whereabouts Unknown AKA Miki Sayaka): A quest where 3 players must survive several obstacles to clear the seven floors of the Pyramid.

Quick breakdown of Pyramid's obstacles:
    -Horde: Lots of Pokémon, pick a Pokémon to defeat them all in battle.
    -Hidden Pokémon: A strong, unrevealed Pokémon. Attack them to reveal/defeat them, or flee the room to save stamina.
    -Riddle: Search for clues in the room to decypher the password to the door (always a Pokémon name).
    -Hazards: Use a Pokémon move to clear hazards like plants, ice pillars and other stuff to pass through the room.
    -Statue: A statue with 3 types. Break it down to unblock the door.
    -Trainer: Challenges you to a battle a 3v3 battle. Can't refuse.
    -Sudden Attack: A pokémon hidden in the shadows uses an attack. Then they use another attack against you. Pick a Pokémon that can resist well their next attack.
    -Empty Room: You can leave it without doing anything or you can pick a Pokémon to look for treasures (but with a chance to find traps!). When you enter, a Pokémon is mentioned as being bad for that room, which means one of their types is sure to trigger a trap.

Be aware that the Pyramid quest is still likely to pass through several tweaks to make it more balanced.

Last edited: Feb 12, 2016
    Draciel likes this.
  21. IceKirby

PO Trainer Name:
    RiceKirby
    February 13th:
    -When using Devolution Spray, you now receive some Candy Dust equivalent to how much you would need to evolve a Pokémon into the on you devolved.
    -If you are doing the Pyramid quest as a helper and your Stamina drops to 0, you can do other activities instead of getting locked in the Pyramid (you still receive the Pyramid messages though).

22. IceKirby

PO Trainer Name:
    RiceKirby
    February 20th:
    -Added new command /lastcontests (or simply /lc) that displays the last 10 contests played with information about the theme, rules, winner and score.

23. Fuzzysqurl

24. Fuzzysqurl

February 29th:
    -Added /exchange command. Its essentially the command I used for my birthday event, but repurposed. It essentially allows you to trade a pokemon for a specified amount of raffle entries. Currently, for about a week, it is accepting Dittos at the rate of 1 entry each.

Joeypals!! and Nightfall Alicorn like this.
  25. IceKirby

PO Trainer Name:
    RiceKirby
    March 2nd:
    -Added a new variation of the Faction War: Inverted Faction War, where Inverted Type Effectiveness is used.

26. Fuzzysqurl

March 7th:
    -Changed the way 4 different costumes work. They all got buffed, but if you want to know the specifics you can PM user fitzy until he gets annoyed and stops spoiling stuff every update.

The following is just so when stuff is found out, everyone can then know.
    -Costume change time decreased from 6 to 4 hours.
    --Ninja Boy: Now has a chance to skip a floor. No limit on the amount of times it can occur. Also you start at Floor 1 like everyone else now.
    --Battle Girl: Now adds a flat bonus instead of a percentage to your move power. In effect, it just massively increased the minimum roll but kept the maximum the same.
    --Explorer: Can find Big Pearls and Ball Fragments, without the costume you won't get them at all (you'd get Pearl and Luxury instead).
    --Rocket: Increased chance to steal as the chance is now applied to each Pokemon instead of just once. You have the ability to steal multiple times, but each subsequent theft is only 1/3 the rate of the previous one.

Last edited: Mar 10, 2016
  27. Fuzzysqurl

March 10th:
    -Added new quest: Alchemist. It allows you to take some items and make other items out of them! Such as those Ball Fragments you've been collecting...
    More items will be added in the future. There might even be a costume obtained via this method in the future.

28. IceKirby

PO Trainer Name:
    RiceKirby
    March 15th:
    -New Safari Event: Battle Factory. Each player is given 8 rental Pokémon to use in a tournament against the other players (they pick 3 Pokémon for each match).

Joeypals!! and Nightfall Alicorn like this.
  29. IceKirby

PO Trainer Name:
    RiceKirby
    March 16th:
    -Added new monthly leaderboard: Arena Points.

30. IceKirby

PO Trainer Name:
    RiceKirby
    March 19th:
    -Slightly reduced cooldown for Arena NPCs (except Crimson).
    -Snowball changed back to Rock.

31. Fuzzysqurl

March 21st:
    -Added 2 new Alchemy recipes (and one is a new item):
    --Big Pearl x15: Costs 50 Pearls to make.
    --Cherry Delight x2: Costs 2 Honey, 50 Bait, 50 Dust, 1 Prima Materia, and 2 Big Pearl to make. Increases your move power throughout your tower run. You can use it with "/use cherry" and it takes effect the next time you battle Tower. Eating too many (or one) might be bad for your health though...

32. IceKirby

PO Trainer Name:
    RiceKirby
    April 1st:
    -New event added: Quiz. Ten rounds where players must answer a Pokémon that fits the criteria without repeating answers.
    -Race event was modified. Now there are 2 variations: Bet Mode (same as the old format) and Normal Mode (no bets required, fixed prizes).

Last edited: Apr 2, 2016
  33. IceKirby

PO Trainer Name:
    RiceKirby
    April 2nd:
    -Added new command: /qload. It's a quick way to load your party without needing to add/remove each Pokémon individually. Usage is /qload Kakuna,Shiny Metapod,Articuno,Pichu,Moltres,Dialga.

mibuchiha likes this.
  34. Fuzzysqurl

April 4th:
    -Noticed the Alchemist didn't have any RNG in it, so I added some.... Good luck and don't burn the place down!
    -Different cooldowns for different items (times listed on /quest alchemist:help)
    -New items are craftable. Go check them out.

Last edited: Apr 6, 2016
    Nightfall Alicorn and Joeypals!! like this.
  35. IceKirby

PO Trainer Name:
    RiceKirby
    April 6th:
    -Contest themes now have a 4 contests cooldown before they can be repeated. In other words, a theme started now cannot appear as an option for the next 4 contests.
    -Added contest theme voting system. Every 4 contests, players will be able to vote which of the 3 themes they want started.
    -Trainer Teal has been removed from Arena. The values have been shifted (Rainbow -> Crimson -> Cyan -> Mustard -> Teal). This means Mustard has the Reward/Power/Cooldown/Price that Teal used to have, while Cyan have the ones that Mustard had, etc.
    -New effect added to Myth Ball. It now sets most bonus multipliers (type advantage against non legendary/shiny, contest rules buffs/nerfs, etc) to 1x. Preschooler and Daily Boost are not affected by this.

Last edited: Apr 6, 2016
  36. IceKirby

PO Trainer Name:
    RiceKirby
    April 7th:
    -Pure Normal-type Pokémon are no longer allowed at Inverted Faction Wars.

37. IceKirby

PO Trainer Name:
    RiceKirby
    April 8th:
    -When you use /view off, other players will be unable to watch your battles. If you are battling another player, any of them with /view off will make other players unable to watch.
    -When you stop watching your own battle during Tower, you will no longer go back to watching them on the next floor.

mibuchiha and Zoroark like this.
  38. IceKirby

PO Trainer Name:
    RiceKirby
    April 10th:
    -Scientist rewards buffed (higher BST Pokémon will give better rewards).
    -Boost of the Day buffed (higher bonus).
    -Some forms can be obtained in the Wonder Trade now (nothing special though).
    -You are now able to do multi-item trades by separating the items by comma. For example, /trade RiceKirby:Magikarp,Sunkern,[email protected]:$1500 will result in ±Tauros: You are offering 1 Magikarp, 1 Sunkern and 3 Luxury Balls to RiceKirby for their $1,500!.

39. Fuzzysqurl

April 11th:
    -Nothing major, Leaderboards are now properly cased + colored. It will take awhile to update everyone as it only initializes when a player logs in. Also the color only updates when you change alts or join the channel to save on processing power.
    -Added Monoball. Multiplies the type effectiveness of a Single Type pokemon. This can either increase or decrease, depending on the pokemon involved.
    -Added Black and White Apricorns: One is found from Gacha the other from Finder.
    -Added new Alchemy Quest: Black and White Apricorns = Mono Ball
    -Tweaked some help messages to clean them up a bit and make them more consistent. Also updated how to obtain a few items.

Last edited: Apr 12, 2016
    [TR]Aranian28 likes this.
  40. IceKirby

PO Trainer Name:
    RiceKirby
    April 13th:
    -Simple change, you can just /signup again instead of unjoining and joining again to change your team/bet at Faction Wars/Pokémon Races.

[TR]Aranian28 and La.Neptune like this.
Moderators: Fuzzysqurl, IceKirby
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.