1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Guest, PO has ceased our separate tiering and adopted Smogon tiers for SM. More information and updates here.

Dismiss Notice

[Approved] Nuzlocke OU

Discussion in 'Tournament Applications' started by Joeypals!!, Nov 26, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Joeypals!!

Joeypals!! Don't you worry 'bout a thing~

PO Trainer Name:
    Joeypals
    My last tour was placed into Application Hell, so I'm deleting that application and doing this one

[​IMG]
    Introduction
    It may just be me, but I personally find Nuzlockes to be one of the most enjoyable experiences you can have with a game after you've beaten it once. It adds a strong difficulty level not seen in the standard playthrough, making your choices (specifically catching/not catching the first Pokemon in every area) in Pokemon that much more important. Today, we'll be taking the principle rule of a Nuzlocke (if a Pokemon faints, it's dead) and applying it to an ORAS OU tournament to see who can cope with it best.

Format
    This tournament is actually quite simple. In this tournament, which is ORAS OU, people will play standard matches as usual. The main twist, however, is Pokemon selection. For the first round, all Pokemon OU and lower will be available. However, if a Pokemon faints in any match, it will be blocked from use for the rest of the tournament for anyone. What this creates is a very fluid game that will have plenty of adaptation, and should be quite fun. Besides that, my usual round standards apply (r1 2 weeks, rest 1 week, BO3 in Finals). Only thing I should note is that if a Pokemon dies in a BO3 match, it will not be excluded for the other two matches. This is to reduce time for completing matches, as it'd kinda suck if you had to rework your team because 5 Pokemon died and you two shared 4 of them.

Rules
    -ORAS OU [Sleep, Species, Wifi, Self-KO Clauses]
    -Nuzlocke Rules (if a Pokemon faints, no one can use it for the rest of the tournament)
    -Logs of all matches must be reported to me via post, VM, or PM so that I can properly work out the list of what is removed
    -Best of 1 (Finals are BO3)
    -Round 1 lasts 2 weeks, following rounds last 1 week

Sign-ups
    None so far! 16/32 spots remain!

Last edited: Nov 26, 2015
    La.Melle2402, Edna and Jethalal like this.
  2. Draciel

Draciel ALLEZ! ALLEZ! ALLEZ!

PO Trainer Name:
    Neo
    This format seems similar to the Gauntlet Tournament I ran some months ago. It's quite simple yet exciting, although you should a make list of the fainted mons for all the players and post it in the OP for each round.

Also no Bo3 for semis please, make it Bo1 for semis and Bo3 for finals.

Approve 1/2

Joeypals!! likes this.
  3. Joeypals!!

Joeypals!! Don't you worry 'bout a thing~

PO Trainer Name:
    Joeypals
    The written list was going to be a thing anyway, better to have that tan people guessing what's banned or not.

I'll change the BO3 for semis in the OP.

4. Draciel

PO Trainer Name:
    Neo
  5. Weavile

Weavile Phoenix

I'm not sure I see a collective pool of fainted mon being friendly but I'm willing to let that go past as an idea so long as Withoutatra(ciel)e doesn't object.
    2/2

Joeypals!! likes this.
  6. Draciel

PO Trainer Name:
    Neo
    Will add to the tour schedule when i get home

Joeypals!! likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.