1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Guest, PO has ceased our separate tiering and adopted Smogon tiers for SM. More information and updates here.

Dismiss Notice

[ORAS Ubers] Just Another Ubers Team

Discussion in 'Rate My Team' started by Velvet Blood, Dec 31, 2015.

Moderators: Edna, fsk
  1. Velvet Blood

Velvet Blood Well-Known Member

Hello guys Poke Expert here. I've been doing some test battles with some friends on PS and came across an old team that I never used, so I decided to fix it and poof it became one of my favorite teams. Hope you enjoy, like and comment on my team.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Arceus-Rock @ Stone Plate
    Ability: Multitype
    EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 Spd
    Timid Nature
    - Defog
    - Judgment
    - Recover
    - Will-O-Wisp

Arceus is a very good pokemon and is on every ubers team on ladder. I just use rockceus to clear hazards and stuff and burn offensive pokemon. It deals with rayquaza, salamence, ho-oh, yveltal by just using judgment.

[​IMG]
    Lugia @ Leftovers
    Ability: Multiscale
    EVs: 252 HP / 124 Def / 132 Spd
    Bold Nature
    - Ice Beam
    - Roost
    - Toxic
    - Whirlwind

Lugia is one of the best walls in ubers tier. It can just wall many mons such as primal groudon, rayquaza, mega salamence and more. Lugia's role I just to poison my opponent and wall the living hell out of their mons, but becareful with lugia dealing with any status problems. Other than that lugia is the best wall to have on a team.

[​IMG]
    Kyogre @ Blue Orb
    Ability: Drizzle
    EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SDef
    Bold Nature
    - Ice Beam
    - Rest
    - Scald
    - Sleep Talk

This is my sleep-talker kyogre and it has helped me in my test battles by surprising my foes with sleep talk whenever they use dark void on me with darkrai. I chose scald because of the 30% burn ratio. Getting a burn is helpful for me because my opponent would use recover/roost which makes me get a free turn. Ice beam is a good move and does decent damage to primal don. And of course whenever I'm at low hp I can just restore my health with rest.

[​IMG]
    Klefki (M) @ Leftovers
    Ability: Prankster
    EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SDef
    Sassy Nature
    - Play Rough
    - Spikes
    - Thunder Wave
    - Toxic

Klefki is an xerneas check and a good pokemon. Sometimes I switch it on a darkrai, yveltal, and xerneas. When a darkrai dark voids my kyogre I switch to klefki to either twave or play rough if my opponent used substitute/nasty plot. It is good to use twave whenever klefki is about to lose hp and using twave especially on an xerneas is good because it makes it easier to beat. Klefki with toxic is good for mons like lugia, latios/latias, and waterceus. And spikes is just there to help me set up hazards. You can also use heal block over spikes in case fore rest talk xerneas.

[​IMG]
    Groudon @ Red Orb
    Ability: Drought
    EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 SDef
    Sassy Nature
    - Lava Plume
    - Precipice Blades
    - Roar
    - Stealth Rocks

Primal Groudon is broken ass hell but since everyone uses it why not just use it myself. It checks primal kyogre, sets up rocks, can wall the living hell outta xerneas and even roar/twave it when it needs to. Lava Plume is good because of the 30% burn ratio like burn. I use Precipice Blades over earthquake because it deals more damage to xerneas, but misses are bad so if you like accuracy more than power I would suggest using earthquake. I have roar in case I know that I won't be able to beat a +2 xerneas so I can just roar it out of the field.

[​IMG]
    Diancie @ Diancite
    Trait: Clear Body
    EVs: 248 HP / 56 SAtk / 204 Spd
    Modest Nature
    - Diamond Storm
    - Heal Bell
    - Moonblast
    - Protect

Diancie is one of the coolest new pokemon in ORAS. It has fantastic typing and is used in many teams. I wanted to have heal bell on diancie against other stall teams and with magic bounce its works perfectly. Modest nature can do more than plain old Naive/Hasty nature. Even when I'm modest nature, Diancie's attack is still over 300+. This can still take out many pokemon on tier such as ho-oh, lugia, yveltal.

Importable:
    Arceus-Rock @ Stone Plate
    Trait: Multitype
    EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 Spd
    Timid Nature
    - Defog
    - Judgment
    - Recover
    - Will-O-Wisp

Lugia @ Leftovers
    Trait: Multiscale
    EVs: 252 HP / 124 Def / 132 Spd
    Bold Nature
    - Ice Beam
    - Roost
    - Toxic
    - Whirlwind

Kyogre @ Blue Orb
    Trait: Drizzle
    Bold Nature
    - Ice Beam
    - Rest
    - Scald
    - Sleep Talk

Klefki (M) @ Leftovers
    Trait: Prankster
    EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SDef
    Sassy Nature
    - Play Rough
    - Spikes
    - Thunder Wave
    - Toxic

Groudon @ Red Orb
    Trait: Drought
    EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 SDef
    Sassy Nature
    - Lava Plume
    - Precipice Blades
    - Roar
    - Stealth Rocks

Diancie @ Diancite
    Trait: Clear Body
    EVs: 248 HP / 56 SAtk / 204 Spd
    Modest Nature
    - Diamond Storm
    - Heal Bell
    - Moonblast
    - Protect

SHOUTOUTS!!!
    [email protected] M: very nice guy and good uber battler
    [email protected] Lutus: You are a nice guy and a great battler + fren :3
    [email protected]: Still the best auth out there
    [email protected]: Good guy thanks for the workshop thread really good and helpful for players :]
    [email protected]: you make my kokoro go doki doki~
    [email protected] Clyne: u are a good fren and cant wait to face u soon
    [email protected]: nice guy ^-^
    ~MU group: cool guys
    ~FC Crew: still luv y'all :3

Hey guys just a heads up! I will be hosting an ORAS Ubers Ladder Challenge hopefully by this month and if not then next month so be sure to participate and get your GAME ON!

Last edited: Feb 10, 2016
    Hurricane, SD Heemz, DoctorS and 17 others like this.
  2. @Majin boo

@Majin boo New Member

Nice poke expert.

3. G00GLE

G00GLE G00GLE THE SEARCH ENGINE

PO Trainer Name:
    G00GLE
    Hey Poke Expert Congrats on Your Peak!.You Have a good check to many pokemon's.You can try Whimsicott > Klefki to prevent Deoxys-S and Rock Polish P-don.Here i give you the set.But i don't know too much about this set.My friend @IsaP always have this set on his ubers team and he wrecks my team by this whimsicott set.

Whimsicott (M) @ Focus Sash
    Trait: Prankster
    Bold Nature
    - Encore
    - Stun Spore
    - Taunt
    - Leech Seed

I Hope i helped u a bit.

4. ! HC ! Magic Bounce

! HC ! Magic Bounce New Member

PO Trainer Name:
    Sp00ky Scary Bounce
    im doing this on phone so i will edit this time to time.
    1st why would u want 372 speed on arceus rock?.? you use "0" def look at my ceus and yours

+2 252+ Atk Aerilate Mega Salamence Earthquake vs. 88 HP/252+ Def Stone Plate Multitype Arceus-Rock: 328 - 388 (81.4 - 96.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

+2 252+ Atk Aerilate Mega Salamence Earthquake vs. 248 HP/0 Def Stone Plate Multitype Arceus-Rock: 442 - 522 (99.8 - 117.8%) -- 93.8% chance to OHKO
    if it manages to setup twice and it has refresh rip
    2nd what are you planning to wall with kyogre? wouldnt sp def fit better takes 36 from nasty plot kai and if u want he might aswell carry roar instead of ice beam, obv its weak to groudon, but if u replace ur groudon with gira-o u can deal with sd se groudon have a defogger while u can use stealth rock on arceus/diancie and if on diancie u might chose to carry double defog or refresh on arceus(is hella helpfull,mainly bcuz of hooh burns)
    3rd weird diancie evs :v
    4th great job m8 i think thats all
    oooh 5th wow fu no shotout ;-;

Last edited: Dec 31, 2015
  5. Velvet Blood

Velvet Blood Well-Known Member

If it sets up I can send out lugia to just deal with mence

! HC ! Magic Bounce likes this.
  6. G00GLE

G00GLE G00GLE THE SEARCH ENGINE

PO Trainer Name:
    G00GLE
    Actually Mega Salamence is the one of the most best Stall Breakers.Ill use it too but Poke Expert team have Rockceus to prevent it.Lugia can be killed by Salamence so be careful with it Poke and use my Whimsy set to taunt it.So u can prevent it.But you have Rockceus so nothing to worry.You Can Raise the Defense of your Rockceus.

7. JoyFrost

JoyFrost :thonk: Forum Moderator Server Administrator Social Media Rep Forum Moderator Server Administrator Social Media Rep

PO Trainer Name:
    JoyFrost
    It looks like a pretty solid team, and I can't really comment that much 'cause I don't play ubers (when are you gonna teach me though :c)

Thanks for the SHOUTOUT.
    <3

8. ! HC ! Magic Bounce

PO Trainer Name:
    Sp00ky Scary Bounce
    inb4 rocks

9. @IsaP

@IsaP New Member

i suggest twave over roar on pdon :)

10. Edna

Edna Chasing the Dragon Forum Moderator Forum Moderator

PO Trainer Name:
    Edna
    Great team I don't have a lot of suggestion.

Though CroXern beats you once Groudon is down and you have no Wish Passer which is the reason I can suggest Calm Clefable with Wish Protect Moonblast Heal Bell to counter Xern and also have a healing move. Your team is a little bit weak to Status so I guess that could fit instead of Klefki. Although, it's true CroXern is not a lot played and with good plays you can avoid getting swept.

Another thing I might suggest could potentially be Toxic over Wisp on RockCeus. A lot of Groudons tend to switch into RockCeus so Toxic might be good to cripple it long run. Wisp still has its use to beat E-Killer so that's pure choice.

Anyway I hope I helped a bit and your team seems solid and I like Balanced in general in Ubers. :)

11. ! HC ! Magic Bounce

PO Trainer Name:
    Sp00ky Scary Bounce
    rest xern tho

12. Mysterious M

Mysterious M Dream /\ Bigger

Really like this team! Thanks for the shoutout and i am looking forward for your challenge :)

13. FireDeath

FireDeath New Member

ooooh pretty pictures :)

14. DoctorS

DoctorS Member

I like nice free teams (:3

15. Lacus Clyne

Lacus Clyne This might get unpleasant!

PO Trainer Name:
    Lacus Clyne
    Really cool team! The only problem I see is Primal-Groudon. You got literally no switch-in besides Lugia which doesn't really like being burned by a lava plume. I guess Primal-Kyogre can somehow check it but u can't risk getting hit by a P-Blade. I would suggest to switch your Arceus-Rock to an Arceus-Dragon. In the other hand that will make u a bit weaker against Mega-Diancie. It really depends on the situation tho. Another thing is E-Killer. You got Arceus-Rock and Lugia as a soft check but if rocks are up and u lose the speed tie with ur on arceus u pretty much lost. I don't know how to fix this without changing the team too much though. Also put rest on P-Don. Just a nitpick since u are using Heal Bell Diancie. This will help u staying alive against defensive p-ogres. Thx for the shoutout! <3

Moderators: Edna, fsk