1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Guest, PO has ceased our separate tiering and adopted Smogon tiers for SM. More information and updates here.

Dismiss Notice

ORAS LU Subforum Tour - The Blind Spartan Sign-Ups

Discussion in 'Gen 6 LU' started by Celestial Phantom, Jan 6, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Celestial Phantom

Celestial Phantom YAHA

[​IMG] The Blind Spartan Tour [​IMG]

Throughout history armies are lead by charismatic, tactical, and powerful generals who are a central figure to successfully winning battles due to their natural born abilities or luck. Battles are won through the knowledge of the men and women you command, as well as knowing what your opponent is thinking, and having superior tactical skill. This is a tournament that pits your team building ability and luck to the test with limited knowledge.

Essentially this is a spin on the idea of "Pick Your Poison" that I like to call the Blind Spartan. What this means is that you will have two numbers twice every round. The first number will give you your general Pokemon, a Pokemon you must use and build your team around. The second number will give you a limitation on tactics you can use, such as limiting your ability to use hazards, hazard control, clerics, and various status support. The catch? Well, I will let you know what the general Pokemon are of the round, but not the number associated with them, and out of all the general Pokemon, whatever one you get, you are not allowed to use any others that are deemed generals on with it. We can't allow for having easily spammable or splashable Pokemon to be running willy-nilly out there trying to share the spotlight, generals are finicky and like to be the center of command and power. Obviously, knowing what Pokemon you all might be facing means you will have some knowledge to what your opponent might be running, so you have to infer and build a team every round that will allow you to get past your opponent. You just have to be able to also account for the various other Pokemon allowed and come up with a team that will successfully get you victory.

So for example, if a group of 6 Pokemon are chosen as Generals from say: Celebi, Hitmonlee, Draglage, Heliolisk, Tyrantrum, and Mega Aggron, and you get Celebi, you aren't allowed to use any of the other 5 Pokemon on your team.

In my experience limiting and handicapping players allows for a stronger creativity to lead a path to victory, by finding new means of winning through unconventional methods when backed into a corner. This is my challenge to the players, this is the BLIND SPARTAN BATTLE.

Standard LU clauses apply:
    - The Pokemon chosen must be LU legal, and as such if anything is banned during the tour, they will be banned after the round is over. Also, just double check on the server that it allows your team into LU to make it LU legal!
    - Sleep Clause
    - Species Clause
    - Self KO Clause
    - Team Preview Clause
    - Porygon2 Freeze Clause is optional
    - Best of 1 matches, finals will be best of 3, meaning you get to send in 6 numbers, and you can use what you get in any order.

Sign ups will last for a week, just say in to join. PM me a number from 1 to 10 for your first number, and 1 to 6 for your second number.

Generals for Round 1: Meloetta, Nidoqueen, Mega Aggron, Emboar, Celebi, Dragalge, Tyrantrum, Exploud, Alomomola, Mega Abomasnow. There will be changes between rounds, so don't worry about the large list at the start, and it will remain in similar size throughout.

Also winner gets bragging rights minimum. I can't guarantee some kind of badge or something yet, though I think the minimum might be a colored/custom user title if those aren't open to the masses to changing. If you already have access to that, then good for you, I still can't guarantee a forum badge for winning the this tour.

2. Casparov

Casparov This is supposed to be a Medal!

PO Trainer Name:
    Casparov
  3. Brycen-Man

Brycen-Man Member

4. gengar17

gengar17 someone turn this nothing into gengar

5. snaga

snaga .

PO Trainer Name:
    snaga
  6. TraceofLife

TraceofLife Lucky Strike

PO Trainer Name:
    TraceofLife
  7. willdbeast

willdbeast All round nice guy

PO Trainer Name:
    willdbeast
    Maybe this isn't the best place to learn how to play lu, but in

8. Edna

Edna Chasing the Dragon Forum Moderator Forum Moderator

PO Trainer Name:
    Edna
    In that looks interesting

9. tobyfant

tobyfant Durant, the only real (Little Used) Uber

PO Trainer Name:
    toby
    The blind spartan is obviously a reference to Hustle Durant

in

10. Jethalal

Jethalal (~o.o)~ So Spooky ~(o.o~)

PO Trainer Name:
    Jethalal
  11. Mylo Xyloto

Mylo Xyloto if your world falls apart, i'd start a riot

PO Trainer Name:
    Mylo Xyloto
  12. Celestial Phantom

Celestial Phantom YAHA

Shit, I've been found out. How did you see through my amazingly hidden plan? Anyway guys remember to PM me your numbers (easiest if you do it after signing up) so I can send them out and you can build before round 1, that way we can have no time wasted in getting matches done.

13. Memories Forgotten

Memories Forgotten New Member

14. La.Melle2402

La.Melle2402 I'm the bone of my sword

15. Sasuke Uchiha

Sasuke Uchiha God of tits and wine

PO Trainer Name:
    Yellan
    In cuz why not

16. Scythe.

Scythe. Active Member

In looks p. fun

gengar17 likes this.
  17. Mysterious M

Mysterious M Dream /\ Bigger

Clueless in LU, but as a greek i have to join haha! IN

18. Celestial Phantom

Celestial Phantom YAHA

Closing sign ups, round 1 will be up later tonight, I don't think I have gotten everyone to PM me, so I'll figure that out later too. Looks like there'll be enough space for 1 or 2 sub ins, and maybe more if people don't get to battling. PM me if you want to take a spot, or you can ask to be in when I post the thread tonight. Will be first come first serve on limited sub ins if there are ones.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.