1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Guest, PO has ceased our separate tiering and adopted Smogon tiers for SM. More information and updates here.

Dismiss Notice

[ORAS Ubers] Lord Yveltal

Discussion in 'Rate My Team' started by Troller, Jan 7, 2016.

Moderators: Edna, fsk
  1. Troller

Troller Well-Known Member

PO Trainer Name:
    Troller
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Hi everyone! I'm Troller and I'm here to show you what I believe is the best team I've built. I used it a lot in several tournaments and po league and I had good results with it.

Building Phase:
    I started building around a set which isn't really used, lord Specs Yveltal, who does countless damage to almost everything. Yveltal has problems with fairies, notably Xerneas who can easily set up on it so I added CB Ho-Oh, creating a core able to hit hard basically everything in the tier. Both of them don't really like rocks though, so I decided to go with Latias as the solid defogger I needed to support the core. Now half of the team is made and I needed a SR setter, so I chose Groudon as it also helps to keep annoying setuppers such as Xerneas (who can still hit Ho-Oh hard with Thunder), Salamence and minor threats such as Kyogre. For the last two slots I chose SD Arceus as it is really versatile and solid against a lot of stuff, and Mega Diancie since I realized it is surprisingly helpful at countering stallish teams and not giving free switch ins to attackers, also Deoxys-S + offensive pressure teams could have been quite annoying to face too.

In Depth:
    [​IMG]
    Diancie @ Diancite
    Trait: Clear Body
    EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
    Naive Nature (+Spd, -SDef)
    - Moonblast
    - Diamond Storm
    - Protect
    - Earth Power

Standard set, I chose a Naive nature since taking less damage from ExtremeSpeed and Psyshock is cool.

[​IMG]
    Groudon @ Red Orb
    Trait: Drought
    EVs: 252 HP / 56 Def / 200 SDef
    Relaxed Nature (+Def, -Spd)
    - Lava Plume
    - Stealth Rock
    - Dragon Tail
    - Precipice Blades

This spreads makes it basically impossible to OHKO. Dragon Tail is there to stop Salamence from setting up, the two stabs are optimal since thanks to Groudon's high offensive stats they deal good damage even with no investment, and that 30% burn rate is tempting...

[​IMG]
    Arceus @ Lum Berry
    Trait: Multitype
    EVs: 240 HP / 252 Atk / 16 Spd
    Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
    - Extreme Speed
    - Shadow Force
    - Swords Dance
    - Earthquake

The really solid cleaner of the team, 16 speed EVs aren't a lot but they are enough to outspeed non-jolly Groudon and EQ them violently. I preferred Shadow Force over Shadow Claw to hit harder bulky mons such as Ferrothorn. The reason why I went with an almost max HP set is because I rely on Extreme Speed's priority more than Arceus's speed itself, being it able to tank moves from opposing Arceus even at +2 it's an essential member to most of my teams.

[​IMG]
    Latias (F) @ Soul Dew
    Trait: Levitate
    EVs: 80 HP / 252 SAtk / 176 Spd
    Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
    - Psyshock
    - Draco Meteor
    - Recover
    - Defog

I needed stability and a good Groudon check so here we go, with this spread it can outspeed any max speed pokemon with 100 base speed or less while putting the remaining evs into hp. Latias is vital for this team so you'll never want to play speed ties with other latwins anyway. If necessary it can also live a Moonblast from Mega Diance and deal some good damage in return.

[​IMG]
    Yveltal @ Choice Specs
    Trait: Dark Aura
    EVs: 24 HP / 252 SAtk / 232 Spd
    Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
    - Dark Pulse
    - Oblivion Wing
    - Focus Blast
    - U-Turn

The start of the team, cabable of dealing countless damage to anything. Oblivion Wing 2hko's even LO Arceus while surviving a +2 ExSpeed at full HP. U-Turn gives momentum, Heat Wave could be used but it would easily become setup fodder for many Pokemon and I already have Groudon and Ho-Oh to deal with Klefki. Dark Pulse is the main stab boosted by it's ability, and it's the move that really makes this sort of set viable. Focus Blast destroys most of its checks such as Ferrothorn and boldly OHKO's any normal Arceus.

[​IMG]
    Ho-Oh @ Choice Band
    Trait: Regenerator
    EVs: 248 HP / 204 Atk / 52 SDef / 4 Spd
    Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
    - Sacred Fire
    - Brave Bird
    - Sleep Talk
    - Earthquake

In short it's fat and it hits hard, it lives a +2 Thunder from modest Xerneas and it counters Darkrai if you aren't too unlucky with sleep turns, it can also survive a +2 ExSpeed from LO Arceus while hitting hard with its stab.

Conclusion:
    So this is the team, usually the easiest thing to do it to lead with Yveltal, unless your opponent has a Deoxys in which case mega evolving Diancie should be your priority. Double dance Groudon is the main threat to this team, so when you notice your opponent has a SR setter that isn't Groudon you have to be extremely careful to not let it set up. Never use Protect with Diancie on a non SR Groudon but switch to Latias instead (or you can click Earth Power if you're brave enough), if necessary Arceus can take a hit and revenge kill with SD + ExSpeed. I hope you enjoyed this RMT, feel free to leave a suggestion if you have any!

Export:
    Diancie @ Diancite
    Trait: Clear Body
    EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
    Naive Nature
    - Moonblast
    - Diamond Storm
    - Protect
    - Earth Power

Groudon @ Red Orb
    Trait: Drought
    EVs: 252 HP / 56 Def / 200 SDef
    Relaxed Nature
    - Lava Plume
    - Stealth Rock
    - Thunder Wave
    - Precipice Blades

Arceus @ Lum Berry
    Trait: Multitype
    EVs: 240 HP / 252 Atk / 16 Spd
    Adamant Nature
    - Extreme Speed
    - Shadow Force
    - Swords Dance
    - Earthquake

Latias (F) @ Soul Dew
    Trait: Levitate
    EVs: 80 HP / 252 SAtk / 176 Spd
    Timid Nature
    - Psyshock
    - Draco Meteor
    - Recover
    - Defog

Yveltal @ Choice Specs
    Trait: Dark Aura
    EVs: 24 HP / 48 Def / 252 SAtk / 184 Spd
    Modest Nature
    - Dark Pulse
    - Oblivion Wing
    - Focus Blast
    - U-turn

Ho-Oh @ Choice Band
    Trait: Regenerator
    EVs: 248 HP / 204 Atk / 52 SDef / 4 Spd
    Adamant Nature
    - Sacred Fire
    - Brave Bird
    - Sleep Talk
    - Earthquake

Last edited: Jan 7, 2016
    Uaifu, Edna, Atli and 4 others like this.
  2. Lacus Clyne

Lacus Clyne This might get unpleasant!

PO Trainer Name:
    Lacus Clyne
    Doing a rate later but I just want to point out that your main threat isn't double dance. Its Mega-Salamence or E-Killer with Stone Edge.

3. Troller

PO Trainer Name:
    Troller
    Usually Salamence and E-Killer w/ Stone Edge can't setup easily on my team, also Groudon can take one hit from both boosted and click Dragon Tail, but yeah they are a lot problematic tho

4. Velvet Blood

Velvet Blood Well-Known Member

Uhm, good team I guess. I can see this team is weak to rocks and what lacus said about it being weak to megmence / ekiller. I guess mewtwo x can beat that team too since it carries eq/stone edge, ice punch, low kick, and taunt.

5. gengar17

gengar17 someone turn this nothing into gengar

your team also seems to really struggle with opposing mega diancie, since your fastest mon is your own diancie.
    252 SpA Mega Diancie Earth Power vs. 252 HP / 200 SpD Primal Groudon: 204-242 (50.4 - 59.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
    latias, ho oh, yveltal, are all forced out and you really dont have any real switchin to it. It doesnt even need to switch into your mons to risk your predicts, since it can just get a kill every single time.
    i guess this is your counter?
    252 SpA Mega Diancie Moonblast vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Arceus: 156-184 (35.1 - 41.4%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
    also i noticed a weakness to toxic waterceus as long as it manages to not get the toxic bounced, which is problematic for you since judgment ohkoes diancie.
    it's just the fact that your team is slow and lacks recovery, lum ekiller is just really underwhelming and can be phazed/forced out by the likes of yveltal or whatever wisp bulkyceus that will surely outspeed it.
    also it seems that your only edgequake resistance is basically latias? i dont know how common 3 attacks (dclaw) rp pdon is but it seems to just win after any chip damage on latias (just sr) and your pdon (sr + roll) same goes for any fast set up sweeper be it ekiller, mega sala (like lacus mentioned), sd groundceus (if that still exists), even darkrai gives u some issues really, as diancie (because it's naive) cant switch in dark pulse + any coverage. (and there's dark void mindgames with banded ho oh, and again, lum ekiller shouldnt be your answer to everything with a status move, it's not even a good enough cleaner without lo imo)
    252 SpA Life Orb Darkrai Dark Pulse vs. 0 HP / 0- SpD Mega Diancie: 90-105 (37.3 - 43.5%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
    252 SpA Life Orb Darkrai Sludge Bomb vs. 0 HP / 0- SpD Mega Diancie: 135-160 (56 - 66.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
    252 SpA Life Orb Darkrai Focus Blast vs. 0 HP / 0- SpD Mega Diancie: 179-212 (74.2 - 87.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
    (im not saying darkrai runs all 3 at the same time, but dark pulse + either)
    and ho oh + ekiller can probably play around darkrai, but if the opponent gets up rocks it just becomes really hard and ud have to sack or get several mons damaged, then the no-recovery-slow team issues will end up losing you the battle.
    i'm sure u know what you're doing since u achieved a lot in ubers (probably not with this team tbh) since i heard a lot about you but never actually watched u, and this isnt really what i expected to see.
    cant really solve the issues i stated because you definitely will be able to figure something out better than me since i dont actually play ubers, so good luck with ur team. It's still a cool and decent team though.
    (for the record, the only "check" you have to ekiller/mega sala that u mentionned is pdon taking one hit, but then it's only phazing it out, and if they manage to boost again it's pretty much over)

Edna, Troller and Lacus Clyne like this.
  6. Lacus Clyne

Lacus Clyne This might get unpleasant!

PO Trainer Name:
    Lacus Clyne
    So this team is quite weak to Standard HO. I mean they just need to lead with E-Killer and set up straight away to make some holes or lead with P-Don to force the mega evolution and set up Rocks with Deoxys-S afterwards. Also is Arceus-Water with Toxic really annoying and puts all your mons on a timer since u don't have any steel or poison pokemon. Tbh every form of arceus besides defensive variants and CM are beating you. I would suggest to make your team more balanced. I would switch the E-Killer to a defensive Arceus-water and ur latias to a defensive or special defensive skarmory. This will help you with your E-Killer/Mega-Salamence and toxic spam problem since pokemon like lugia, klefki or even some defensive arceus variants. If ur skarmory is specially defensive you can also wall [email protected] unless they are running HP fire. One thing I can also suggest is changing ur Diancie to a more defensive set and use Heal Bell if u plan to use arceus-water and skarm. Its overall a cool team though. Espacially that specs yveltal is very unique.

Diancie @ Diancite
    Ability: Magic Bounce
    EVs: 248 HP / 124 Def / 136 Spe
    Bold Nature
    - Protect
    - Diamond Storm
    - Moonblast
    - Heal Bell

Skarmory @ Leftovers
    Ability: Sturdy
    EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
    Calm Nature
    - Roost
    - Spikes
    - Toxic
    - Whirlwind

Arceus-Water @ Splash Plate
    Ability: Multitype
    EVs: 252 HP / 200 Def / 56 Spe (you can also run only 16 Spe EVs and maximize ur Def or 88 Spe to outspeed offensive Yveltal variants)
    Bold Nature
    - Recover
    - Toxic
    - Defog
    - Judgment

Troller likes this.
  7. Troller

PO Trainer Name:
    Troller
    Well, thanks guys for the suggestions, you are right about the team

8. Edna

Edna Chasing the Dragon Forum Moderator Forum Moderator

PO Trainer Name:
    Edna
    My main concern is the fact you have no Foul Play/Oblivion wing LO Yveltal counter in your team. I agree opting for a more defensive Diancie is better for you to maybe sponge better hits. I also agree the core Arc-Water+Skarmory can help you a lot to not lose vs Megamence+Ekiller
    Lastly, if you don't want to swich your Arceus and if you want to hit only Ferrothorn with Shadow Force, consider replacing it with Overheat lol. I don't think it's actually useful so I think EdgeQuake would be still better for you.
    Anyway nice team and grats on success. Hope the recommendations given by gengar and lord Lacus helped you :)

Lacus Clyne and Troller like this.
  9. G00GLE

G00GLE G00GLE THE SEARCH ENGINE

PO Trainer Name:
    G00GLE
    Hey Troller Congrats on your RMT.You are a nice player on ubers and im a great fan of yours.I would suggest u to use Shadow claw instead of Shadow Force.It is useful among many battles.:) Looking forward for more battle's with you ya. - [SD]Frostic Storm.

Last edited: Jan 15, 2016
Moderators: Edna, fsk