1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Guest, PO has ceased our separate tiering and adopted Smogon tiers for SM. More information and updates here.

Dismiss Notice

[Video Games] Who is your favorite character of anime/manga/Video games and why

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Edna, Jan 7, 2016.

1. Edna

Edna Chasing the Dragon Forum Moderator Forum Moderator

PO Trainer Name:
    Edna
    So recently I've been playing a lot of games and I found that Edna is one of the character I find the most attractive. She is cute, smart, sarcastic and very funny.

She got introduced in Tales of Zestiria ( it's been like 4 months the game is out in Europe ) and I have to admit she outclasses Elize Lutus ( from Tales of Xillia 1-2) in all the points stated above.

Her story about her brother is also very interesting and she has the strenght to manipulate people quite easily in fun ways.

Here's a picture of her:
    Edna_(tvtropes).jpg

And you, who is your favorite character of anime/videogames? :)

( if the thread already existed I didn't saw it since I'm doing this from droid )

Last edited: Jan 7, 2016
    Zoroark likes this.
  2. Zoroark

Zoroark Aka Flare Forum Moderator Server Moderator Forum Moderator Server Moderator

PO Trainer Name:
    SkyPhoenix / Zoroark
    Hmm hard to choose...I have lots oml.
    Out of all favorites, top favorite for anime is: Itachi
    Video games: Zoroark <333 (Yeah I am that obvious)

Coincidentially both have the skill of creating illusions, and they're pretty good at it. It's some kind of power I'm in love with.

For itachi though, in the anime I consider he never released his full potential, probably because of the illness he had that limited his options.
    Itachi has this calm behaviour that can be quite scary if you fall into a single of his illusions though!
    ANATA GA SAIKEN DAIKETSAH

For Zoroark, it didnt perform as I expected on the movie, still was pretty good :33
    Zoroark reminds me of Aizen from bleach, being able to control your actions and the environment without having you notice is quite a scary illusion skill for a pokemon.
    EDIT: Being able to stop Raikou, Entei and Suicune two times is quite an achievement for a single pokemon!

Last edited: Jan 7, 2016
  3. Casparov

Casparov This is supposed to be a Medal!

PO Trainer Name:
    Casparov
    Vegeta

IT'S OVER 9000!!!!!

4. Nightfall Alicorn

Nightfall Alicorn Left Pokémon Online, most likely not coming back.

PO Trainer Name:
    Nightmare Moon
    Well, even though times had changed. Kain, from the Legacy of Kain game series, has always been a past favorite of mine. His series involves vampires, demons and reapers. Although, they made him a bit... "foolish" in Blood Omen 2 game, but rest of the series was good. To be honest, I like Raziel too since they both relate.

[​IMG]
    Kain sat upon his throne in Soul Reaver opening movie~

Zoroark and Edna like this.
  5. Fate Testarossa

Fate Testarossa Unbreakable Bond

PO Trainer Name:
    Fate Testarossa
    I've definitely had a few favorites, but one character took the spotlight shortly after I first saw her and it's been that way ever since. Her name is Fate Testarossa from the anime Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha. (I'll try not to spoil too much, but I make no promises. You have been warned.) On a side note, the anime series itself is broken down into four seasons, each with different names: the original Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha, followed by Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha A's, Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha StrikerS, and then Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha ViVid.

When she initially appears to fight Nanoha, she speaks with serious and cold determination but fights with an increasingly visible emptiness inside her. One of the first standout aspects of Fate displayed in the anime is her unwavering loyalty to her unfortunately abusive mother (Precia). Despite the constant abuse Fate experienced and the help Nanoha tried to give her, she always ended up taking her mother's side. When she finally finds out the truth about her dark past (after having one final fight against Nanoha), she decides to join Nanoha's side.

In A's, Fate's loyalty to Nanoha is even stronger than it was to Precia, as Fate and Nanoha have grown to become very close friends. While she is friendly to most people, it becomes quite obvious that a few people mean so much more to her than others. She has an inner circle of close friends instead of trying to please and become friends with every person she encounters. Even though she begins to show a tender and timid side as she is now a caring and loving character, it does not hinder her performances in battles, as she is easily able to go toe to toe with anyone, most notably Signum (a powerful adversary). Her character development in this season is incredible, represented brilliantly during the dream sequence. The Book of Darkness draws Fate into a dream of what she has always wanted more than anything else: a happy family that is always together; her mother is sane, kind, and not abusive and she has an older sister by the name of Alicia. When Alicia asks Fate to stay with them forever, Fate declines, explaining how she and her friends (mainly Nanoha) need each other more. Through a remarkable display of perseverance, she gives up the perfect past she has always dreamed of for the close friend she has in the present. Most of Fate's best assets are brought out in the first two seasons, but there are a few notable things in the third and fourth seasons that I found as simply more reasons to adore Fate.

In StrikerS, Fate is putting everything she has learned over time to action, as she continues to mature and demonstrate kindness towards others. She is quite concerned and caring of the squad she now leads, especially Erio (as she is his guardian) and Caro, a small child she took in when no one else would. Her loyalty and strong will are once again put to the test when she is brutally reminded of her tragic past as well as told more about it than in the first season, but as expected, she overcomes it with the help of Erio and Caro. She later becomes Vivio's godmother and looks after her along with Nanoha. In a few of these scenes (as well as the ones outside of battles with Erio and Caro), Fate displays a great amount of affection and protection towards Vivio. Despite the abuse she suffered and the love she never received from Precia, Fate is still able to care for others and spend a great deal of time with them, and do much better at both probably because of that past.

In ViVid, Fate is a supporting role rather than one of the main characters. However, she is able to meet up with Erio and Caro again, as well as participate in a spectacular mock battle with them and a few others. (Seriously, this match is glorious.) In the match, every character has their time to shine through their showing of new and developed techniques and skills. I personally find the most remarkable growth in battle to be Erio, as he is able to fight Fate one on one now, which is a testament to how much he has grown and how much Fate has taught him. Fate has also grown to be a very gorgeous adult from the cute young child she was in the original series.

Spoiler-free TL;DR
    Fate Testarossa is a cute young character who grows to be a very beautiful and attractive adult. (That amazing long hair, innocent eyes, and occasional shy blush!) She has a very tragic past (lonely childhood, constant alienation from others, unorthodox upbringing, abusive mother) that helps define her warm and loving personality without actually overshadowing her character. She shows intense amounts of raw magical power in her battles and experiences dramatic character development and growth. She has an everlasting loyalty and indisputable infatuation for Nanoha. While she has been through so much, she comes out a much better and stronger person because of it. All in all, a beautiful and glorious character from start to finish.

[​IMG] upload_2016-1-7_14-19-11.jpeg Fate Testarossa wallpaper smaller size.png upload_2016-1-7_14-26-47.jpeg

The first two pictures are from the original series and A's, the third is from StrikerS, and the fourth (below the other three) is from ViVid.

Last edited: Nov 21, 2016
    Kite, Draciel, ren >:O and 4 others like this.
  6. TraceofLife

TraceofLife Lucky Strike

PO Trainer Name:
    TraceofLife
    Best anime girl is definitely Shinoa Hīragi from Owari no Seraph

7. ren >:O

ren >:O ech

Jesus from Saint Onii-san.

[​IMG]

Edna and Zoroark like this.
  8. Duster

Duster dodgerswin 2018

[​IMG]
    heh

Edna likes this.
  9. Ortheore

Ortheore One beautiful monster

Hmm. Well, idk who my favourite character is. Hmm, Arya Stark (Song of Ice and Fire) sticks out, though there's probably several characters from that series that I'm forgetting, it's been a while since I read it. WAIT, how could I forget Tyrion lol. Bob Arctor (A Scanner Darkly) is cool, it's fascinating observing how he changes over the course of the novel. Hamlet is the sole reason I found that play tolerable when I read it. I like Sorry and Iskaral Pust from the Malazan Book of the Fallen (only read the first two). Gavin Guile from the Lightbringer series is cool. I feel like it's a cop-out to list characters who are badasses that do outrageous things and get away with it, partially because it's such an unrealistic character and also because you'd see them as assholes if it weren't for the writer, but in Gavin Guile's case, the trajectory of his story arc is fascinating and I really want to see where it leads. Roland from the Dark Tower series is an intriguing character (only read the first two)

Movies I don't really watch a lot, but the Joker from the Dark Knight is brilliant.

In terms of games, off the top of my head Auron (FFX) is pretty cool, radiates badass and is very enigmatic for most of the game. Then... idk. Ellie is notable from The Last of Us, but I wouldn't say she's my favourite. Walker from Spec Ops: The Line is another cool character that's very fascinating to play as

I don't anime/manga, idgaf about specified medium lol

Nightfall Alicorn and Edna like this.
  10. Lacus Clyne

Lacus Clyne This might get unpleasant!

PO Trainer Name:
    Lacus Clyne
    Boys:
    Johann Liebert (Monster)
    Light Yagami (Death Note)
    Izaya Orihara (Durarara)
    Roy Mustang (FMA:B)
    Greed (FMA:B)
    Kamina (Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann)
    Saitama (One Punch Man)

Girls:
    Shinoa Hiragi (Owari No Seraph)
    Rin Tohsaka (Fate Stay Night UBW)
    Saber (Fate Stay Night UBW)
    Fubuki (One Punch Man)
    Celty Sturluson (Durarara)
    Hisui E. Fiore (Fairy Tail)
    Lacus Clyne (MSGS)
    Lucy Heartfilia (Fairy Tail)

Kite, TraceofLife, Draciel and 2 others like this.
  11. TraceofLife

TraceofLife Lucky Strike

PO Trainer Name:
    TraceofLife
    ok on all honesty this is some of my favorite anime/manga character

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

12. Celestial Phantom

Celestial Phantom YAHA

Man, only ToL can post 3 Shokugeki no Souma characters and not hit any of the awesome ones that make the show fun or awesome. Ok Hisako is like third best female or so.

Didn't add:
    Kurokiba:
    [​IMG]

Shinomiya and Hinako:
    [​IMG]

CABBAGE PINK:
    [​IMG]

If there were ones I could have found for Hayama and Megumi, but maybe I'll make some later myself.

Anyway personal favorites:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

TraceofLife and Edna like this.
  13. sulcata

sulcata stéphane curry best waifu Forum Moderator Server Administrator Forum Moderator Server Administrator

Cory from Cory in the House is not only my favorite anime character, but also my waifu. He's kawaii desu af and is a strong independent character who don't need no man that overcomes problems and shows the power of friendship. 10/10 tits that are way better than Batman's nipple suit just show how much more sugoii an anime Cory in the House is compared to Batman.

14. Cirno

Cirno Romantic

PO Trainer Name:
    Alice
    [​IMG]

gay twins

sulcata likes this.
  15. Xdevo

Xdevo Phrasing Super Moderator Tour Director Super Moderator Tour Director

TWINCEST???????

sulcata likes this.
  16. Zoroark

Zoroark Aka Flare Forum Moderator Server Moderator Forum Moderator Server Moderator

PO Trainer Name:
    SkyPhoenix / Zoroark
    My retinus got cooked just by looking at this .-.