1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Guest, PO has ceased our separate tiering and adopted Smogon tiers for SM. More information and updates here.

Dismiss Notice

[ORAS Ubers] First attempt to team post (don't go easy on me)

Discussion in 'Rate My Team' started by ThomasRutherford, Jan 21, 2016.

Moderators: Edna, fsk
  1. ThomasRutherford

ThomasRutherford Just call me Lily ! ^^

PO Trainer Name:
    Lilynette
    Well, I don't know how to put gifs of Pokemon, so maybe this will seem a little empty, but...
    Here it is. My first Ubers team. I almost went to 1100 point in ladder with it.

Sakura (Blaziken) (F) @ Blazikenite

Shiny: Yes

Trait: Blaze

EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd

Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)

- Protect

- Knock Off

- Flare Blitz

- Low Kick

A good start, in my opinion. Sakura is used to Knock Off some Deoxys who puts rocks, and then outspeed them with Protect, and finish them.
    Flare Blitz is her basic stabbed attack, and Low Kick is here to damage heavy Ubers main sets.

Goutek (Shaymin-S) @ Leftovers

Trait: Serene Grace

EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd

Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)

- Substitute

- Leech Seed

- Seed Flare

- Air Slash

One of my main offensive forces. Serene Grace and Air Slash is a good combination (when probabilites are on my side ^^), Substitute combined with Leech Seed and Leftovers are sometimes a good way of weaken opponent forces, and Seed Flare is a powerful stabbed attack, with an interesting cumulated effect with Serene Grace.

Darkness (Giratina-O) @ Griseous Orb

Trait: Levitate

EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Def

Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)

- Dragon Tail

- Defog

- Shadow Sneak

- Shadow Force

Darkness usually comes pretty fast, seeing he is my team's Defogger. He can quickly with Shadwo Sneak and hit hard with Shadow Force. Dragon Tail is here to push back annoying counters, like Normal-type Pokemon (Mega Kang and Arceus, to quote the most infamous) who can resist his Shadow Duo, and boosted Pokemon who can severely injure him or the following Pokemon of my team.

Saruko (Groudon) @ Red Orb

Trait: Drought

- Fire Punch

- Smack Down

- Rock Polish

- Precipice Blades

My main offensive force (and main counter of the dreadful Xerneas). If Rock Polish passes, Saruko can wipe out a good number of opponent Pokemon. Smack Down is a risked bet, but it can affect Dragon-Flying-type Pokemon (resisiting both Fire and Ground-type moves), and put them to Precipices Blades' mercy. Fire Punch is a basic stabbed move.

Natsu (Rayquaza) @ Lum Berry

Trait: Air Lock

- Dragon Dance

- Outrage

- Extreme Speed

- Dragon Ascent

Like Saruko, Natsu is a pretty brutal attacker. If the Dragon Dance passes. The Lum Berry is there to allow the dragon to recover quick from the Outrage. Dragon Ascent is a powerful (and signature) stabbed move for him, and Earthquake is a good global move to touch pretty much anything. Extreme Speed is here to finish off a dreadful Xerneas who survived Saruko's blades, or to weaken a fast opponent before an inevitable demise.

Tockey (Mewtwo) @ Wise Glasses

Trait: Unnerve

EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd

Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)

- Focus Blast

- Flamethrower

- Future Sight

- Psychic

The final Pokemon on the paper, but rarely the true last Pokemon of my team. He is usually used to place a Future Sight (at best on a team without Yveltal Darkrai). The Wise Glasses are a slight alternative to the Life Orb (that I fondly call the Suicide Orb ^^) to cover the offensive special palette of Tockey.

So yeah. That's my team. Shoot the reviews ! :)

Kite likes this.
  2. willdbeast

willdbeast All round nice guy

PO Trainer Name:
    willdbeast
    Looks like a decent team, however I would suggest getting something with stealth rocks so you can damage pokemon like lugia and yveltal every time they switch in to make sweeping them easier. Also your team seems weak to mega salamence since at +1 with double edge it basically ohkos your whole team (it does at least 75% to giratina at +1 with double edge). Maybe you could make your giratina more bulky to deal with this and also check pdon better and maybe giving mew two ice beam or replacing it with scarf xerneas would reduce its chances to set up and deal with other dragon better. Good luck with improving your team :)

Kite and ThomasRutherford like this.
  3. ThomasRutherford

PO Trainer Name:
    Lilynette
    Thanks for the advice, Will ! I'll do what I can, following you, and then if I lose more often, it will be your fault ;)
    Seriously though, I did have problems with Mega Salam a few times, and I think Ice Beam is a good choice of move for Mewtwo. But what move should I replace with Ice Beam ?

4. willdbeast

willdbeast All round nice guy

PO Trainer Name:
    willdbeast
    One of the psychic type moves probably (do you really new both of them?) and as well as salamence it would help with groundceus, ray, yveltal, latwins etc

ThomasRutherford likes this.
  5. Joyverse

Joyverse Back for a blast!

PO Trainer Name:
    Joyverse
    http://pokemon-online.eu/threads/animated-sprites.25446/

This is the thread you wanna check for them spirites.

BTW cool team, appreciate the creativity.
    But I have some nitpickings. Running Adamant on Sakura will enable you to maximize damage on opponents since you already have speed boost and place the 4 EVs on either def or spdef just in case you are forced to switch out and/or you can't defog, since Sakura will be taking more damage from rocks/spikes than doing damage.

Your Mewtwo doesn't really need Focus Blast neither does it need wise glasses. A 10% boost is really dumb, trust me I used to do stuff like that and well..
    I suggest you run pressure over unnerve but that's a suggestion. But I highly suggest you change your moveset to Fire Blast/Thunderbolt/Ice Beam/Psystrike with your 'suicide orb' or expert belt. Mewtwo is more or less supposed to do direct damage plus being specially oriented make it have 0 IVs in attack cuz foul play. Also while you switch out to another mon of yours, your opponent will recieve less damage from future sight since all of them have minimal special attack so rip future sight. Another point to note is you can also replace thunderbolt for taunt which prevents setup/status against your team which is highly offense offense oriented.

And lastly your Groudon. You can tailor it's speed/bulk so you actually out speed the stuff you wanna out speed. I suggest you switch to adamant and adjust your speed to 253/254 or just max it to 279. At 253 you'll out speed Deoxys-S at +2 and at 254 you'll out speed Modest Xerneas at +2 made to speedcreep deoxys-s xd, in doing so you should invest all the leftover evs into HP and that's all.

Keep it up :3

Kite and ThomasRutherford like this.
  6. ThomasRutherford

PO Trainer Name:
    Lilynette
    Oh okay. I saw that thread, but didn't understand how it works. Guess I was still asleep... ^^'

Sure, I should do Sakura more offensive. That makes sense, when you put it that way. I made that team in my early strategist days, when I began checking on Smogon and saw that Speed EV's were everywhere. Well I guess this is not really an excuse anymore x)
    I was already told to put Ice Beam for Mewtwo, but the Expert Belt is a pretty great idea too ! I think I'll do that (still not trusting Suicide Orb xD)

i'll try all taht out, and tell if this woked or not. Thanks again, Joy ! :D

7. Kite

Kite hi

PO Trainer Name:
    [TR]Kite
    Nice team you got there Lilynette, very original. Just be careful around foul play,sucker punch Yvethal because it looks like it can give this team some trouble.
    ps.
    please don't bash me if I win a tour with this team :p

Moderators: Edna, fsk