1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Guest, PO has ceased our separate tiering and adopted Smogon tiers for SM. More information and updates here.

Dismiss Notice

[ORAS OU] Lilynette's new Over Used team !

Discussion in 'Rate My Team' started by ThomasRutherford, Feb 4, 2016.

Moderators: Edna, fsk
  1. ThomasRutherford

ThomasRutherford Just call me Lily ! ^^

PO Trainer Name:
    Lilynette
    Ranger Lily made some trip lately, and she came back with new friends !

[​IMG]

Jurassic Prick (Aerodactyl) (M) @ Aerodactylite

Shiny: Yes

Trait: Pressure (Tough Claws)

EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd

Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)

- Stealth Rock

- Aerial Ace

- Defog

- Iron Head

First line of my team, for obvious reasons. He is fast, with a pretty good Atk too, and sets rocks. He is also the defogger of my team (I have to think about the switching more, though). He has only one stabbed move, but I wanted to use the Tough Claws ability at the better. It has some weaknesses, but the first goal of the Prick is to put rocks.

[​IMG]

Piggy (Emboar) (F) @ Leftovers

Trait: Reckless

EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Def

Brave Nature (+Atk, -Spd)

- Heavy Slam

- Power-Up Punch

- Flare Blitz

- Head Smash

Piggy's goal is to break as much things as possible. With the ability Reckless, he can hit even more hard, and the Hp EVs and the Leftovers are here to make him last a little longer. Th Power-Up Punch is here to make him hit harder too.

[​IMG]

Golden Fab (Gorebyss) (F) @ Focus Sash

Trait: Swift Swim

EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd

Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)

- Scald

- Ice Beam

- Shell Smash

- Psychic

A late sweeper of some sort. The Shell Smash combined with the Focus Sash makes him resist a move which would have killed him, and make him able to kill a lot of opponents who haven't any priority move.

[​IMG]

Leaf Storm (Serperior) (F) @ Miracle Seed

Trait: Contrary

IVs: 30 HP / 30 Atk / 30 SAtk / 30 SDef / 30 Spd

- Dragon Pulse

- Hidden Power [Fighting]

- Giga Drain

- Leaf Storm

One of my favorite OU classic. There's not much to say, in my opinion : the Leaf Storm / Contrary combination is always worth it, I suppose. I keep Giga Drain to heal up a little, and Dragon Pulse is there to wipe out the f*cking Dragons, but I'm never sure about the HP. On Smogon, they propose Ground or Fire, but... I don't know. Fire is cool for almost all the Steel-types, but I can't just forget that Heatran monster. So I guess the Ground one should be better. But for me, the true hesitation is between the Fighting and the Water-type (efficient against Heatran and a little against them Scizors).

[​IMG]

Black Dragoon (Haxorus) (F) @ Expert Belt

Trait: Mold Breaker

EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd

Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)

- Dragon Dance

- Dragon Claw

- Poison Jab

- Earthquake

Dragon Dancer, yeah !
    I chose Dragon Claw over Outrage to avoid the Fairy switch, and the Poison Jab is there for them (as some told me before, in my early OU team). After that, the Earthquake is a basic powerful move, always good to have one, just in case ^^

[​IMG]

Sky Blue Queen (Gardevoir) (F) @ Expert Belt

Trait: Synchronize

- Moonblast

- Psyshock

- Calm Mind

- Focus Blast

A little late sweeper I guess ?
    For the nature, I hesitated with Bold, to have a little Defense bonus, but Speed is more determinant in most cases. So yeah.
    Then we have a Calm Mind, to power up the Queen, and the Psyshock is here to break the special defensers (I think this is the word, yeah ?). I put Focus Blast here instead of Charge Beam, because of the usual Steel-Ground combo. And MoonBlast, well... It's a basic stabbed move for her, I think.

There we are. Let it snow ! ^^

2. Messire-M/TestingTeam

Messire-M/TestingTeam Good at Pokemon...It's a joke, of course.

Well, I guess I'll start, shall I?

First off, change Aerodactyl. If you wanna use him as a support, take Aerodactylite and replace it with Focus Sash. That way, you're sure Rock will be up no matter what. Even without mega, Aerodactyl outspeed almost the entire metagame unboosted beside fast mega like Manetric/Lopunny/Beedrill/etc... and scarfers. Aerodactyl is very frail and a super effective attack will ohko without a doubt. I'm sorry if I seem rude but you're just wasting a mega-slot. If you wanna sweep with it, play it with Stone Edge/Eartquake/Crunch or Ice Fang(mainly for Ground/Dragon)/Roost or Hone Claws. If you wanna play it with Defog and Rock, it's better to give Focus Sash and let Gardevoir mega evolve instead. If you choose to make Gardevoir the mega of your team, replace Moonblast with Hyper Voice to make profit out of Pixilate.

For Emboar, you use it as a wallbreaker but...why him? Why not another when he's, I think almost everyone will agree, completely outclassed by commons OU wallbreakers. Plus, a lot of walls are bulky water mons like Suicune/Slowbro/Slowking/Vaporeon/Quagsire and they all put a total stop to it. Suicune/Slowbro/Slowking use it as Calm Mind fodder, Vaporeon wish->Scald->Wish->Scald it to death and Quasire toxic it and proceed to spam recover or Scald->Recover->Scald->Recover. I guss he can take care of Chansey/Skarmory/Amoonguss(...Well, no, he'll just spore it and switch on a set-up sweeper while you're asleep seeing the mediocre speed of Emboar) and maybe M-Sab because it can't burn it but not sure. Also, the nature have to be Adamant, he don't use SPatk and that make you loose precious SPD. But well, you have Serperior so your water type problem should be just fine and you usually won't have trouble dealing with them(tough, a toxic from Quasire, a burn from a scald or a predict with Ice Beam would really hurt). But still, why emboar when there is a lot of better wallbreaker in the OU Meta? I wanna know.

Gorebyss: Ok for me. Serperior: ok for me.

For Haxorus, switch expert belt to Lum Berry. DD users are bait for prankster Will-O-Wisp(Sableye) or prankster Thunder wave(Thundurus/Klefki). Other than that, I have nothing to say. Tough, I think Salamence or Dragonite are better DD users but well, only opinions.

Well, I'm done. Oh, and add the importable if you can. And this has nothing to do with this team but....I noticed you're posting A LOT of teams. A RMT is not just I make a team, do 10~20 matches and post it. You have to think a lot while making the team and do a loooot of matches to see it's flaws and advantages. If you play with it a lot(Yeah, I say "a lot" too much, I know) before posting, you'll know what's not good and change it before someone tell you in a RMT. Keep that in mind.

3. ThomasRutherford

ThomasRutherford Just call me Lily ! ^^

PO Trainer Name:
    Lilynette
    Prick and Queen : Okay, I'll do the change. But why Hyper Voice over Mooblast ? Isn't Moonblast better ?

Why Piggy ? Uh... It's maybe a little chliché, but I like him. Sure he is not the better Fire sweeper in the metagame, but I put him in here because I like him. I don't know if I'll change, and who I'll take in his place. I'll think about it.

Give Hax a berry, got it ! ^^

Okay, I see what you mean. I guess I'm so dumb nobb that I always hope people will help me with my random teams. I'll see it through in the future, I promise ! ^^
    The importable : http://server.pokemon-online.eu/team/1454876951-3772.txt

4. Haze Victory

Haze Victory Dem slumps..~

How did you build this team?
    Is it based around MAero? And if so, you seem to have not chosen the right teammates in order for M Aero to be able to accomplish it's job.

Well, no offense mate, but I'd suggest building around a specific mon if you're finding it hard to maintain synergy, and I do see a few glaring weaknesses in this team of yours.
    A mere Volt turn core of Rotom-W + Lando seems to be incredibly difficult to deal with when against this team. Also, Talon gives you really huge problems once Aero is dead (Or weakened), and I wouldn't expect it to last long without Roost, to begin with. Maero doesn't really work best as a suicide lead and most other mons in your team are 1-2hko'ed from Talon's BB.
    That said, most common threats have a field day against your team after setting up a single boost (Especially Zard X, Dianc .

That said,
    PM me, I'll help you out with the building process. I'm moving over to a different process at work soon so I'll be relieved of taking calls for the time to come.

Last edited: Mar 1, 2016
  5. Edna

Edna Chasing the Dragon Forum Moderator Forum Moderator

PO Trainer Name:
    Edna
    I won't lie but to make this team better you'll have to change a lot.

If the team is built around Mega Aero then you need stuff to remove: Lando, Rotom, Ferrothorn, Scizor and I pass a lot, just to show you that aero is hard to use but hey, we can still try making it better.

I agree that volt turn troubles you a lot, but as well DD Char X and a lot of DD mons after rocks.

Anyway, do not play defog on mega aero neither rocks, this is already redundant. If you want an easy set with an easy spread ( 252/252) play Stone edge, Aerial Ace, Fire Fang or Ice Fang and Roost. Adamant or Jolly work so your call, i'ld recommand Jolly to outpseed mega lopunny.

Personally, I feel like sand offense work very well with Aero, something like Hippo/Driller/Aero + Water and grass resist. The sand gives aero a spe def boost of 50%, pretty conveniant isn't it? I'ld suggest a mixed hippo ( iirc it has 144 def 252 hp rest in spe def with impish nature) you can play rocks eq slack off and since you can deal with tflame i suggest either whirlwind or toxic, again, your call. Excadrill would be Air Balloon or Life Orb with rapid spin eq rock slide and iron head.

Now coming to the support, Ferrothorn sounds ideal but it doesn't deal with burn which means a cleric could be interesting. Instead maybe try Suicune Calm mind with roar and enough speed to hit 221 ( outspeeds Landorus-T defensive) with max hp and rest in defense. I can now see Venusaur, Kyurem-B and Mega Scizor being issues so a core like Heatran with Lava Plume or Magma Storm+ phy def Sylveon takes out these. Give heatran taunt and flash cannon to deal with Clefable and Altaria who lack Eq, which means you can play taunt toxic/protect lava/magma and Taunt. Magma deals with chansey whereas Lava burns and is more accurate.

I don't think I can suggest anything else hope i helped

Moderators: Edna, fsk