1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Guest, PO has ceased our separate tiering and adopted Smogon tiers for SM. More information and updates here.

Dismiss Notice

The Blind Spartan Tournament - Round 3

Discussion in 'Gen 6 LU' started by Celestial Phantom, Feb 5, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Celestial Phantom

Celestial Phantom YAHA

[​IMG] The Blind Spartan Tour [​IMG]

Essentially this is a spin on the idea of "Pick Your Poison" that I like to call the Blind Spartan. In layman's terms, I'm going to be limiting our participants by having them randomly select two numbers. The first number will give them a "General" Pokemon from a pool of pre-selected Pokemon, with a twist, they can't use any of the other Pokemon in the pool. They have to build around this Pokemon and build a team that can work around the other pool Pokemon and any useful Pokemon that can be used in LU. Catchy, no? The second number will be a battling condition, meaning it's a restriction on what they will not be allowed to use in their team building. It could be a limition of moves, hazards, status, or even Pokemon roles fit to a certain T.

Anyway standard clauses apply:
    - Sleep Clause
    - Species Clause
    - Self KO Clause
    - Team Preview Clause
    - Porygon2 Freeze Clause is optional
    - Best of 1 til the finals.

Round 3 Pokemon Generals: Hoopa, Rotom-H, Celebi, Mega Aggron, Noivern, Slowking, Durant, Chesnaught, Nidoqueen, Fletchinder.

Reminder, you get one of the bold Pokemon, but you can't use any of the other bold Pokemon. If you don't get one of the two Mega Pokemon, you can't use their base anyway. Send in your 2 numbers (1-10), (1-6) for a mon and battle condition if you haven't yet.

Matchups:
    Elize Lutus vs. Scythe.
    snaga vs. gengar17

Deadline will be next Sunday, February 14th, 2015, midnight GMT -6. If matches are done sooner than that, well we'll get to the finals faster. So send in those numbers.

Just a reminder that tier shifts are in effect, and new drops will be allowed this round. Refresh what's no longer LU with this link.

Last edited: Feb 8, 2016
  2. Edna

Edna Chasing the Dragon Forum Moderator Forum Moderator

PO Trainer Name:
    Edna
    Contacted

3. snaga

snaga .

PO Trainer Name:
    snaga
    Who's suppost to build my team now? :(
    Will contact

4. Celestial Phantom

Celestial Phantom YAHA

All 4 have gotten their conditions and Pokemon. Reminder to PM me an import of your team to confirm legality. Reminder of the bold Pokemon, you get one and only that one out of the 10. Best of luck to all 4 of you.

5. gengar17

gengar17 someone turn this nothing into gengar

snaga likes this.
  6. Edna

Edna Chasing the Dragon Forum Moderator Forum Moderator

PO Trainer Name:
    Edna
    won gg

7. Scythe.

Scythe. Active Member

lost with some annoying crit, sorry gengar couldn't make this ,_,

8. Celestial Phantom

Celestial Phantom YAHA

I'm going to put up the finals in a bit. The finals is a best of three for all those who forget. The way it works is same as before group of 10 Pokemon, they will choose three numbers, Pokemon will be the same throughout all three battles. As in I won't be changing the groupings to different 10 Pokemon for each match. It will be consistent. Numbers will still be 1-6, same conditions for all 3 numbers they choose here as well. Obviously since this means the factors are the same, they can use each team in any order they want.

Pokemon for Finals: Nidoqueen, Tyrantrum, Moltres, Slowking, Goodra, Durant, Cloyster, Exploud, Pangoro, Virizion.

Battle Conditions:
    Lol, I am not gonna tell you guys. This is the fun part for me.

Last edited: Feb 8, 2016
    Scythe., gengar17 and Edna like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.