1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Guest, PO has ceased our separate tiering and adopted Smogon tiers for SM. More information and updates here.

Dismiss Notice

Suspect Discussion: Gallade (Banned)

Discussion in 'Gen 6 NU' started by Draciel, Feb 8, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Draciel

Draciel ALLEZ! ALLEZ! ALLEZ!

PO Trainer Name:
    Neo
    [​IMG]

Discuss the possibility of Gallade being banned from the ORAS NU tier.

Use this thread to discuss Gallade's effect on the metagame; talk about the different sets it can use, good partners and potential checks/counters. State your opinion on whether you think it should be banned, but make sure your posts are backed up by experience and knowledge. Anyone who makes post based on theorymon risks being infracted.

If you're unsure about posting check out this guide and post anyway.

2. Edna

Edna Chasing the Dragon Forum Moderator Forum Moderator

PO Trainer Name:
    Edna
    Been trying this recently, mainly the Sub SD CC Knock off Salac, and damn that thing hurts a lot. Being able to set up against some Special wall that can't break his sub since it gets a high special defense means you need to be very careful against it. Granbull and Spiritomb are the closest counter to Gallade but they can get crippled on the switch by the Stallbreaker Wisp Taunt/Dbond set who usually run Knock Off so he removes their items.

Gallade fantastic type in NU makes it absurd to wall and to face, and you have no reason not to play it. With Virizion leaving the tier, it makes it as the choice n1 to play, as it has a godly movepool. Really I don't want to write a lot for this but I hardly think it's broken as hell and needs to leave NU

3. Xdevo

Xdevo Phrasing Super Moderator Tour Director Super Moderator Tour Director

I posted about this in the potential thread, so my thoughts are very clear about Gallade.

Gallade has next to no actual checks (Granbull and Tomb), relative ease of set-up thanks to amazing special defense, amazing power even without set-up, a typing that removes the conventional fighting-type checks in NU without adding any more, and access to priority to prevent revenge killing. A slew of alternative sets makes the SD set all the more dangerous, while access to Knock Off means that anything that could check Gallade is crippled in the process.
    Gallade makes ladder a slog, since every match is either "did I have the only right check for the opposing Gallade set" or "who can get Gallade set-up first." Gallade is both far too powerful for the tier, and an incredibly centralizing force.

Gallade is without peer in NU, and is obviously too powerful for the tier. It has sickening power, without any of the drawbacks of the traditional NU Pokemon.

Unless there is any opposition, I see no reason to not ban Gallade earlier than the normal 2 week timeline.

Last edited: Feb 16, 2016
    Purpleseamonkey and Joeypals!! like this.
  4. Draciel

Draciel ALLEZ! ALLEZ! ALLEZ!

PO Trainer Name:
    Neo
    I agree with Xdevo for once, Gallade is just too much for NU. It has already warped the metagame around it, has access to SD/BU and excellent special defense, along with superb Dual STABs and Knock off to complement that. It's wallbreaking capabilities in NU are second to none at the moment (except maybe BD Chesnaught, but setting up a SD Gallade sweep is easier). Don't really need to say anything more about it, it's been already said and it's everyone is aware of it's offensive capabilities.

Wasn't really gonna agree to a quickban but Xdevo showed me that we have done many of those before for the sake of balancing NU, and this is undoubtedly one of those cases. So from now on Gallade will be banned in NU.

We have a couple of potential suspects lined up, so stay tuned!

Funbot28 and Edna like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.