1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Guest, PO has ceased our separate tiering and adopted Smogon tiers for SM. More information and updates here.

Dismiss Notice

The Blind Spartan Tournament - Finals

Discussion in 'Gen 6 LU' started by Celestial Phantom, Feb 9, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Celestial Phantom

Celestial Phantom YAHA

[​IMG] The Blind Spartan Tour [​IMG]

Welcome to the finals of the LU subforum tournament, The Blind Spartan. Bit of an introductory bit on this tour in the following passage:

Essentially this is a spin on the idea of "Pick Your Poison" that I like to call the Blind Spartan. In layman's terms, I'm going to be limiting our participants by having them randomly select two numbers. The first number will give them a "General" Pokemon from a pool of pre-selected Pokemon, with a twist, they can't use any of the other Pokemon in the pool. They have to build around this Pokemon and build a team that can work around the other pool Pokemon and any useful Pokemon that can be used in LU. Catchy, no? The second number will be a battling condition, meaning it's a restriction on what they will not be allowed to use in their team building. It could be a limition of moves, hazards, status, or even Pokemon roles fit to a certain T.

This tournament follows standard clauses for competitive play:

- Sleep Clause
    - Species Clause
    - Self KO Clause
    - Team Preview Clause
    - Porygon2 Freeze Clause is optional
    - Best of 1 til the finals.

As this is the finals, the format is changed to a best of three match up. What this means is that instead of setting me one set of numbers to get a Pokemon to build around and a battle condition they must abide by, they will send me three sets. That means they will/can have up to three different team structures for these matches. The Pokemon and battle conditions will be constant for the finals, but I will randomize them three separate times, so players might end up with the same Pokemon and condition more than once depending on what numbers they send me, but that's to be seen by them yet.

Anyway the Pokemon that our finalists can end up with for this round are as follows:
    Nidoqueen, Tyrantrum, Moltres, Slowking, Goodra, Durant, Cloyster, Exploud, Pangoro, and Virizion.

They can only use one of each of the following for their teams based on numbers they draw, and can't use any of the other bolded Pokemon. Thus making it difficult to exploit easy combinations in the tier.

Match-Up:

@Elize Lutus vs @gengar17

I'm not going to call for a specific deadline, as you both have sent me numbers, you both know to battle, and you both have had contact. Please don't make this draw out any longer than a week please.

I have sent out each competitors team builds and conditions. They DO NOT have to use them in the order they sent in the numbers. However, they are only allowed to use each team build once, unless of course they got a repeat, which only I will know which is why I ask you save logs/replays for me. ​

Edna likes this.
  2. Edna

Edna Chasing the Dragon Forum Moderator Forum Moderator

PO Trainer Name:
    Edna
    Calling my lose

3. Celestial Phantom

Celestial Phantom YAHA

Post because this hasn't been done and I'd like @Elize Lutus and @gengar17 to be tagged again as just a reminder, it's probably good to send in your teams before you battle that way I can verify them as legit, so you don't accidentally put something on them that's ya know illegal. Simple check is all that's requested unless you super double quadruple triple sextuple check each team with the bolds and your battle conditions.

4. gengar17

gengar17 someone turn this nothing into gengar

lost g1 (i used something banned but didnt matter, i added volt switch to my rotom heat last second thinking "why the fuck didnt i give it vswitch")
    but it was still a rather easy win for carl regardless
    won g2 because carl had no idea how to prepare for specs meloetta he got rekt lol gg
    playing g3 tmrw

5. Scythe.

Scythe. Active Member

dont forget logs please, could be nice :o

6. gengar17

Last edited: Feb 14, 2016
    Edna likes this.
  7. Edna

Edna Chasing the Dragon Forum Moderator Forum Moderator

PO Trainer Name:
    Edna
  8. gengar17

Edna likes this.
  9. Celestial Phantom

Celestial Phantom YAHA

Grats to carl for winning.

I will give you props for the thought put into the team a bit Gengar, but there are a bunch of glaring points I can point out with your team where you could have used something over another. Like having a bulky water type that can use a choice over say Dugtrio (because let's face it Duggy's base 80 attack literally can't cut it anymore without hazard help or something being weak as shit), in Jellicent or Vaporeon to tank water hits and pretend to provide some support. Jellicent can even Trick or TR, Vaporeon can just feign this is not a Choiced team. Like the medicham though without too much of a real way of tackling Slowking and some other Psychics in general without trying the tactical switches like Choiced teams are supposed to make, you'd have been better off with Hitmonlee because Knock Off. Could of used Hoopa, could of used Meloetta, King God Banded Druddigon. Some really awesome neutral power hitters like Banded Bouffalant out there too. Just remove the resists, and watch as stuff dies in 2 or less hits.

Oh well guess it was too much to ask for, but good efforts in the other matches. I'll figure out what Carl's reward technically can be for this.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.