1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Guest, PO has ceased our separate tiering and adopted Smogon tiers for SM. More information and updates here.

Dismiss Notice

[ORAS Ubers] Mega Gengar Ft. Shaymin-Sky

Discussion in 'Rate My Team' started by holy break, Feb 17, 2016.

Moderators: Edna, fsk
  1. holy break

holy break I am the bone of my sword

Hey Guys Its Holy Break This is my Second Rmt about an Ubers Team Made by -ME- around Mega gengar that i saw it very poopulated lately so we can start with This :

-Shaymin-Sky
    [​IMG]
    Nature:timide
    252speed/252 sattck/4hp
    choice scarf
    -seed flare
    -air slash
    -earth power
    -healing wish
    Thats My lead A mon based on luck with its Seren grace and 30% air slash chance to flinch made it 60% flinch chance that can with a little luck kill half of teams seed flare and earth power is there for diancies/Pdons ... and healing wish if u needed it in a serious battle

Lets Move on to second Mon on my team Guess what!!! Its Mega Gengar
    [​IMG]
    Ability :Levitate/shadow tag
    Item:Gengarite
    252 speed/252sattck/4hp
    Nature:Timid
    -protect
    -hex
    -will o wisp/destiny bond
    -focus blast
    This mon Is a beast and Also called revenge Pokemon with a major attack if opponent is affected by status problem :Hex that is equal to 120 when he has major status , protect if need more speed for mega evolving like against darkrai ,focus blast for darkrai arceus normal ... even if it miss times its the only way to get normal mons and finally Will o wisp if u want major status or destiny bond if weak gengar and cant kill a strong opponent

Next we move To The god of nightmares Darkrai :
    [​IMG]
    Abillity :bad dreams
    Item : Leftovers
    Nature : Timid
    252 speed/252sattck/4sdef
    -substitue
    -dark void
    -sludge bomb
    -dark pulse
    I have chosen Darkrai first of all because its a great sweeper with Substitue that can avoid twaves or burns or anything like that dark void to give you free turns on sleeping opponent sludge bomb for fairies and and dark types and finaaly Dark Pulse for anything Else that is super effective for and i havent tried focus sash and nasty plot one cauz i have no deffoger in my team that make f.sash useless

My next pok is used by 99% Of po players Its the Gr8 Pdon
    [​IMG]
    Ability : Desolate land
    Item : Red Orb
    Nature:sassy
    252 sdef/236 hp/20 def
    -twave
    -Lava plume
    -Earthquake
    -Stealth Rock
    i have chosen this as xerneas checker Twave him and he is done stealth rock if needed for birs like ho-oh or f.sash breaker lava plume over fire punch for 30% burn chance and finally eq over PBlades cauz 15% miss That is shitty

Then a pokemon that ruined whole pokemon whenn he came the fairy God Xerneas :
    [​IMG]
    Ability : Fairy aura
    Item : Power Herb
    Nature :CAlm
    212sdef/212sattk/84speed
    -geomancy
    -moonblast
    -Hidden Power Ground
    -Thunder
    with its incredible move geomancy + Fairy aura make it a Great Sweeper can Rekt almost Everything with Moonblast .Thunder is there for Ho-oH and Hp ground to do more damage to pdon and rip some steel Mons Otherwise u can use Hp fire If u want
    Last The necessary Mon that created all other mons and The Exkiller ARCEUS-GROUNNND:
    [​IMG]
    Nature : Naive
    Item : Earth Plate
    4 hp/252 attck/252 speed
    -sword dance
    -earthquake
    -stone edge
    -extrem speed
    This mon is uncredible with ground type build to counter Pdon / Klefki .. and if +2 he kills chansey ... he can be a stall breaker with +2 earthquake can even Ohko kyogre and some other mons ex speed as priority move that also participate in sweeping moves stone edge if ue opponent think u use CM arceus while he send a flying pok use stone edge
    My second Rmt is Done Hope u all Enjoyed Guyz and a Special Thanks to @Mysterious M
    Shaymin-S @ Choice Scarf
    Trait: Serene Grace
    EVs: 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
    Timid Nature
    - Air Slash
    - Earth Power
    - Seed Flare
    - Healing Wish

Gengar (F) @ Gengarite
    Trait: Levitate
    Timid Nature
    - Will-O-Wisp
    - Hex
    - Focus Blast
    - Protect

Darkrai @ Leftovers
    Trait: Bad Dreams
    Naive Nature
    - Substitute
    - Dark Void
    - Dark Pulse
    - Sludge Bomb

Groudon @ Red Orb
    Trait: Drought
    EVs: 252 HP / 20 Def / 236 SDef
    Sassy Nature
    - Earthquake
    - Lava Plume
    - Stealth Rock
    - Stone Edge

Xerneas @ Power Herb
    Trait: Fairy Aura
    EVs: 212 SAtk / 212 SDef / 84 Spd
    Calm Nature
    - Geomancy
    - Moonblast
    - Hidden Power [Ground]
    - Thunder

Arceus-Ground @ Earth Plate
    Trait: Multitype
    EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
    Naive Nature
    - Swords Dance
    - Earthquake
    - Stone Edge
    - Extreme Speed

Kite and Mysterious M like this.
  2. Mysterious M

Mysterious M Dream /\ Bigger

Why thank me haha! Anyway lets see what i have to say about this team:

Teambuilding:
    1)Shaymin nature should be modest since you have enough speed + scarf.
    2)Since you are using a Groudon for xern check you will need more power to hit it after twave, thats why i should recommend:
    EVS:240 HP / 32 Atk / 148 SpD / 88 Spe
    Moves: Preciple Blades > Earthquake , Stone Edge > Lava Plume.
    3) A more optimal evs spread for xern: 128 HP / 28 Def / 252 SpA / 44 Spd . This is a more bulky xern which can take some more hits.
    4)Groundceus has no reason to be naive nature, since it is physical you need Jolly.

About the team:
    It looks pretty fine to me, although you do have some weaknesses.
    • Choice Band Ho Oh can cause problems to your team, especially if it is bulky and as you can see on your own you dont have good switch ins.
    • Salamence-Mega may also trouble you if you let it set up. It can setup as revenge to a mon killed by shaymin i guess, or later on game.
    • If your shaymin is out, your answe to Primal Kyogre is Pdon, which may be weaker from dealing with xern.
    Suggestions:
    Rockceus can help you with both those weaknesses. (might also help if gengar misses fblast)
    Arceus-Rock @ Stone Plate
    Trait: Multitype
    EVs: 80 HP / 252 SAtk / 176 Spd
    Timid Nature
    - Judgment
    - Will-O-Wisp
    - Calm Mind
    - Recover

Latias could help you deal with Primal Groudon and/or Primal Kyogre. (you can consider this in the place of Shaymin). You can also give it healing wish if you want to keep it as a move!
    Latias (F) @ Soul Dew
    Trait: Levitate
    EVs: 252 HP / 64 Def / 16 SDef / 176 Spd
    Timid Nature
    - Draco Meteor
    - Roost
    - Psyshock/ Healing wish
    - Defog

Nice team overall, my changes will make it more balance that the offense you had, but it was just my thoughts!

Last edited: Feb 17, 2016
    holy break likes this.
  3. holy break

Thanks i Will Work on This ^^

4. cries in vain

cries in vain not a prayer unsung

idt running modest on skymin is a rly gud idea b/c he's already p mence weak and running modest on skymin means jolly mence at +1 just wins(ok I'll give it to u it's not very common) and modest means not being able to outspeed faster xerns at +2 which is imp for him since he has very weak priority. he could go roar pdon but twave helps w/ hex so yh

honestly recover or even refresh would be a much better option on groundceus>recover b/c espeed groundceus is p much ass

pogre gets a kill every time it comes in on don utterly defacing ur team's momentum not sure how to fix that w/o major restructuring and personally I'd just use roar pdon and non hex gar w/ dbond b/c ho oh is a huge fucking pain in the arse to face w/ this team(unless u go rockceus like the above user suggested)

still a p decent team though gl w/ future rmts

e: hp ground is horrible change that to focus blast mate+change thunder to hp rock

holy break likes this.
  5. holy break

Focus Blast Miss A lot Imo and thanks

Moderators: Edna, fsk