1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Guest, PO has ceased our separate tiering and adopted Smogon tiers for SM. More information and updates here.

Dismiss Notice

[ORAS Ubers] Scarf Kyogre is awesome (got around 1450 with this)

Discussion in 'Rate My Team' started by Jayxus, Mar 23, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Moderators: Edna, fsk
  1. Jayxus

Jayxus New Member

PO Trainer Name:
    Jayxus
    TY for the suggestions on my team, it got better and Im looking forward to laddering more.
    Deleting post cause i dont want people to counter me ez lol

fitzy edit:Ok locking then

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 26, 2016
  2. cries in vain

cries in vain not a prayer unsung

ok
    for starters u'r 6-0'd by ho oh balance.u have absolutely fucking 0 for ho oh and u desperately need to go dragceus or waterceus over groundceus
    next u need to go ho oh>yveltal so u can actually manage to put some pressure back(what is that yveltal set btw owing+roost lol)
    fire punch on support don is rly terrible go lava or tox>punch.tox gives u a way to cripple balances w/o clerics and go pblades>eq so msab can't wall u
    i also c no reason to run mmx>mence and ho oh gives u a sleep absorber anyways
    i'd go w/ a bulky refresh variant to deal better w/ ekiller and give u a status absorber vs stall
    while i realize that u attempted to build this around scarfogre it's an incontrovertible fact that it's a shitmon and u would be much better off running smth else there
    sry for the mediocre rate typed this out real quick

3. Haze Victory

Haze Victory Dem slumps..~

You don't need to change your ground ceus tbh. Just give Groudon Stone Edge or run Rockceus + Physical tank Foul play Yveltal to patch up one of your greatest issue.

That should help you immensely. Also, idk why you bother running Scarf Ogre, but it's fine if you really wanna keep it. It doesn't outsppeed most other Uber mons at +1 speed anyway, and is always beaten 1v1 by latias. You also always have to switch out incase you use a water type move and you find yourself against a Pdon. But well, if you really wanna keep it there's not much I can say about it. It seems that your entire team was built around it as it is.

4. cries in vain

cries in vain not a prayer unsung

yh run rockceus and defensive yveltal and get tossed by both balance and stall why not

Last edited: Mar 24, 2016
  5. Jayxus

Jayxus New Member

PO Trainer Name:
    Jayxus
    Ok let me reply to you guys all at once.. I play capitalizing on the fact that the opponent doesn't know anything about my team. On team preview there are many different things he will see and many options. Tbh I dont recall having any problem VS Ho-oh balanced since half my team can potentially threaten it (for the opp groundCeus could be running stone edge), so opp tends to play carefully with it and he usually sends it on Mewtwo ( which he thinks is the normal version most of the time cause I dont mega evolve if I use Ice beam VS incoming stuff) so I bop it with rock slide when I mega.
    You guys hate Scarf Kyogre cause it has 2 main hard checks. Again, the opp doesn't know it is scarfed on team preview, there are some games I choose not to reveal it early game (when I deliberately send it to lure Pdon to double switch to Groundceus when I feel desperate). The fact the opponent doesn't know that makes him play around with Pdon more recklessly.. so it gets toxic and warned down by the rest of my team. Even some games I just OHKO Pdon with GroundCeus cause he wanted to put rocks lol(there again, special ground Ceus is uncommon, physical groundceus doesn't kill with EQ but special can.. it does around 70-80% when physical ground does 50%). But guys.. Scarf Kyogre is a wonderfull cleaner once Pdon is out. I usually dont have much problems taking down Pdon. Latis are a little harder to worn down.. but the combo of pursuit (4 Atk Aegislash-Blade Pursuit vs. 212 HP / 0 Def Latias: 180-212 (50.8 - 59.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO) and Ice beam (252+ SpA Kyogre Ice Beam vs. 212 HP / 0 SpD Soul Dew Latias: 128-152 (36.1 - 42.9%) -- guaranteed 3HKO) can help. Some players actually just forfeit when I reveal scarf Kyogre when Pdon is down and also.. yea a lot of teams play with Pdon but not all.. so sometimes its easier games, and lol most teams dont even have latias so really.. I am convinced scarf Kyogre is a viable, yet hard to use poke.
    I dont think that I will change GroundCeus for some other boring and predictive support Ceus but ill definitely try changing the Pdon set and the yveltal (though yveltal helps a lot VS stall on this set cause roost taunt gives a lot of utility and longevity and Owing wasn't necessarily for more longevity... though its nice.. but its more of another coverage stab move to chip some incoming xerns cause some bulky variants dont get OHKO by Gyroball after they geo.. so if aegi is weakened he can thank yveltal).
    I really hate stall or some kind of control play style so please dont suggest bringing waterceus in that team pls ;-;
    I really encourage you to try the team by yourself so you can see what I am talking about.. Like I said the team is really tricky but it works surprisingly well when you get the hand of it.
    However Im aware that this team get worse every time I play VS the same opponent because the element of surprise is what made this team go so far (if 1450 is far in this ladder xD) and I won some tours too so its cool.

changes Im about to do is giving rockslide to groundceus over defog
    mmx to bulky defog mence
    and band ho-oh over yveltal

Thank you again for the suggestions and all.. ill try making this team better now :)

Edna likes this.
  6. Edna

Edna Chasing the Dragon Forum Moderator Forum Moderator

PO Trainer Name:
    Edna
    Just need to mention Stone edge is better than Rock Slide as Rock Slide doesn't ohko tank Ho-oh, so that might be important. You'ld have to put the team really soon else the thread might get locked, which wouldn't help you at all. I agree with all what've been said

Moderators: Edna, fsk
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.