1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Guest, PO has ceased our separate tiering and adopted Smogon tiers for SM. More information and updates here.

Dismiss Notice

[ORAS Ubers] Scolipede TSpikes HO

Discussion in 'Rate My Team' started by Reece reynolds, Mar 23, 2016.

Moderators: Edna, fsk
  1. Reece reynolds

Reece reynolds ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

PO Trainer Name:
    Reece Reynolds
    hi guys and welcome to my RMT! so i was setting at home the other day and i was bored out of my mind so i thought why not build a HO team around toxic spike setter scolipede. i've personally always liked scolipede teams but i never really tried them out because im used to using standard ho teams because of the current ubers metagame.

[​IMG]
    not using BP (Scolipede) @ Focus Sash
    Ability: Speed Boost
    EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
    Jolly Nature
    - Pin Missile
    - Toxic Spikes
    - Endeavor
    - Protect/baton pass​
    here is the mon i decided to build around: scolipede his job on this team is pretty obvious, to set toxic spikes.you can run protect and use him to set 2 layers of toxic spikes or use endeavor to cripple very bulky mons(EX: ho-oh, p.groudon, yveltal, xern, ect.) Or you could run baton pass over protect and pass your speed boost on to another mon but i prefer protect because this is already a speedy team for the most part.

[​IMG]
    IWATCHuSLEEp (Darkrai) @ Life Orb
    Ability: Bad Dreams
    EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
    Timid Nature
    - Dark Void
    - Dark Pulse
    - Thunder /sludge bomb
    - Nasty Plot​
    the next mon is darkrai. he is here to basicaly hit the things that toxic spikes cant poison such as yveltal,ho oh,dialga, ect. and after he sets up NP he can sweep unless scarf xern skymin or mega gar gets in the way but if you are youing baton pass on scolipede then you dont really have to worry about them

[​IMG]
    SP00KY GH0st (Gengar-Mega) @ Gengarite
    Ability: Shadow Tag
    Timid Nature
    - Shadow Ball
    - Sludge Wave
    - Protect
    - Destiny Bond​
    gengar is on the team to mainly deal with GEOxern because after p.don dies it can pretty much sweep the team because it has incredible spA scarf xern isnt as much of a threat because it doesnt hit nearly as hard as geomancy does

[​IMG]
    I NeeD HuGz (Groudon) @ Red Orb
    Ability: Drought
    EVs: 252 HP / 196 Atk / 48 SpD / 12 Spe
    Adamant Nature
    - Thunder Wave /rock polish
    - Swords Dance
    - Precipice Blades
    - Rock Slide​
    groudon is here because no uber team can function without it in this meta and to para mons that cant be poisoned by tspikes and to set up with SD on them. if your worried about not being able to bara because of toxic spikes you ca run rock polish>thunder wave,but either way he does his job

[​IMG]
    arceus-ground (Arceus-Rock) @ Stone Plate
    Ability: Multitype
    EVs: 248 HP / 8 SpA / 252 Spe
    Timid Nature
    - Defog
    - Calm Mind
    - Recover
    - Judgment​
    arceus is mainly to hit ho-oh, lugia, and other bulky flying types because he has access to cm defog and viable recovery he makes for a good offensive defogger imo

[​IMG]
    not using GEO (Xerneas) @ Power Herb
    Ability: Fairy Aura
    EVs: 248 HP / 252 SpA / 8 SpD
    Modest Nature
    - Geomancy
    - Moonblast
    - Thunder
    - Grass Knot​
    xerneas is here mainly to set up and sweep if you need it to it does hit kyogre which is a big threatif i didnt have this life saver here

threats:

[​IMG]geo xern is a big threat but groudon and gengar keep it in check for the most part

[​IMG][​IMG]both primals really cripple my team but xerneas keeps them under control for the most part
    [​IMG]mega luke counters a lot of the team so play safe around it

shoutouts to all my OG friens on PO hope this team helps! n_n

not using BP (Scolipede) @ Focus Sash
    Ability: Speed Boost
    EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
    Jolly Nature
    - Pin Missile
    - Toxic Spikes
    - Endeavor
    - Protect

IWATCHuSLEEp (Darkrai) @ Life Orb
    Ability: Bad Dreams
    Timid Nature
    - Dark Void
    - Dark Pulse
    - Thunder
    - Nasty Plot

SP00KY GH0st (Gengar-Mega) @ Gengarite
    Ability: Shadow Tag
    Timid Nature
    - Shadow Ball
    - Sludge Wave
    - Protect
    - Destiny Bond

arceus-ground (Arceus-Rock) @ Stone Plate
    Ability: Multitype
    EVs: 248 HP / 8 SpA / 252 Spe
    Timid Nature
    - Defog
    - Calm Mind
    - Recover
    - Judgment

I NeeD HuGz (Groudon) @ Red Orb
    Ability: Drought
    EVs: 252 HP / 196 Atk / 48 SpD / 12 Spe
    Adamant Nature
    - Thunder Wave
    - Swords Dance
    - Precipice Blades
    - Rock Slide

not using GEO (Xerneas) @ Power Herb
    Ability: Fairy Aura
    EVs: 248 HP / 252 SpA / 8 SpD
    Modest Nature
    - Geomancy
    - Moonblast
    - Thunder
    - Grass Knot

Last edited: Mar 23, 2016
  2. gengar17

gengar17 someone turn this nothing into gengar

- Ok first of all, xerneas after a boost beats offensive mega gengar, so gengar isnt really the best xerneas answer, pdon does it better.
    - 2nd, u mention that xerneas keeps opposing pdon in check, you do realize that pdon is meant to be the xerneas counter?
    - 3rd point, it's fucking painful to see no rocks on "ho" and then having a DEFOG arceus that will get rid of ur own tspikes, AND the arceus is CALM MIND as well, makes absolutely no sense.
    - Get a rocker because lugia is already beating most of ur team 1 on 1, rockceus isnt even a counter to lugia since it can toxic u and then ur arceus is screwed because for whatever reason u have defog over refresh (or willowisp).
    - then u have the p kyogre issue since u have absolutely nothing for it, xerneas cant really beat pogre and pdon,
    - we then move on to the mewtwo issue, both of them destroy your team and theres nothing u can do about it
    - ur team is also weak to ho oh (and lugia) mainly because u have no sr, and rockceus if burnt by sacred fire will be somewhat crippled especially because u have defog over refresh..
    your team is NOT weak to hazards, u really dont need defog.
    - Moving on, you obviously have this ground type weakness, not only pdon but also groundceus, so gengar at this point is your only way of dealing with both groundceus AND ekiller (ur only way to beat it being protect + dbond)
    - excadrill literally 6-0s u.
    - also u can hardly break any support arceus form, you're basically having to trade gengar everytime for arceus (support arceus can probably win the matchup depending on how u play)

So my recommendations to u to make the team at least less of a mess, give pdon sr over twave or something, remove defog and replace with refresh or wisp, and finally switch xerneas to a defensive geomancy with rest set, so u can have a status absorber and not get shitted on by anything that uses toxic or wisp. (also maybe consider changing rockceus to waterceus so driller and primals arent an issue while still being good vs ho oh, with icebeam + judgment, and then maybe even get rid of the scoli because nothing on ur team stops defog anyway)

I understand that this makes it seem like not HO anymore, but that team is a mess and isnt really HO to begin with

Last edited: Mar 23, 2016
    Reece reynolds and Lacus Clyne like this.
  3. Reece reynolds

Reece reynolds ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

PO Trainer Name:
    Reece Reynolds
    oki thx man this is my first time building around toxic spikes by myself so i will make the fixes you suggested

4. cries in vain

cries in vain not a prayer unsung

err gengar17 basically said it all
    twave sd donner is counterproductive on tspikes ho how r u gonna twave support ceus when it's supposedly alr poisoned so go for jolly sd pdon and put rocks on it so u can sr flanking waterceus/dragceus and actually have a shot vs balance
    arceus should probs be ekiller b/c u have nothing for darkrai or if u feel comfortable w/ just scoli+gar then u can go for sd groundceus w/ recover to alleviate the fucking massive pdon weakness
    the xerneas spread is fucked up go w/ the standard spread 184 hp/252 spA/44 speed/rest in defense i'd prefer to creep xern tho and hp rock>thunder+focus blast>grass knot although u should probably go w/ a block xern or rest geo(i'll post sets if u want) so that u don't get absolutely extirpated by stall b/c running scoli means u'r playing w/ 5 mons vs stall and idt gar w/o taunt or the hex set and jolly pdon can best stall alone when u have nothing to fall back to vs status spam
    u should try taking a look at the sample tspikes ho team and c how it deals w/ the threats gengar17 mentioned

idk how to fix the pogre weakness w/o massive structural changes :(

Moderators: Edna, fsk