1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Guest, PO has ceased our separate tiering and adopted Smogon tiers for SM. More information and updates here.

Dismiss Notice

[Monogen] Aegislash Retest ( Banned )

Discussion in 'Gen 6 Side Metagames' started by Edna, Apr 2, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Edna

Edna Chasing the Dragon Forum Moderator Tournament Host Forum Moderator Tournament Host

PO Trainer Name:
    Edna
    [​IMG]

Discuss the effects of Aegislash on the Monogen metagame and the possibility of unbanning it. Post intelligently based off of experience in the metagame. Posts based off theorymon risk forum infractions. i.e. if you play Monogen at all, then post.

Attempt to find the checks and counters (or lack thereof) for Aegislash as well as its impact and power in the metagame. Do not simply say "it's broken" or "it's not broken". Back up your arguments on why you think it should be banned or not.

If a consensus is reached or a clear majority is established, then the result will likely be implemented in the metagame, otherwise it will go to a vote. Happy suspecting.

2. Funbot28

Funbot28 Active Member

Ok so lets do this finally I guess. Gen 6 is quite mediocre as the pool of pokemon is the smallest and there is not much diversity between the mons and playstyles that you can run. This effectively means that it can often time be overwhelmed by certain threats from other gens such as Dragonite and Mega Medicham. Adding Aegislash into the mix can present 6 gen with more diversity and ubiquity. I also believe that Aegislash would not pose that much of a threat due to lack of effective team support it would no longer be able to receive. I would honestly like to see Aegislash unbanned.

DracoNova likes this.
  3. Edna

Edna Chasing the Dragon Forum Moderator Tournament Host Forum Moderator Tournament Host

PO Trainer Name:
    Edna
    After discussing with sulcata, due to a lack of posters, we decided that Aegislash will remain banned. Monogen being closer to OU than Monotype is, we agreed that Aegislash is a very strong presence and might be toxic for Monogen.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.