1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Guest, PO has ceased our separate tiering and adopted Smogon tiers for SM. More information and updates here.

Dismiss Notice

[ORAS UU] Belt Victini + DD Tyrantrum RMT

Discussion in 'Rate My Team' started by Mikaelson, Apr 20, 2016.

Moderators: Edna, fsk
  1. Mikaelson

Mikaelson Forever and Always.

PO Trainer Name:
    Elijah Mikaelson
    Hello this is my first ever RMT so please be as harsh as you want because I will only get better by taking your advice. Now my peak may not be very high compared to what others get but it is pretty high for me. My peak using this team is 1322. Thanks in advance for all of your comments.

[​IMG]
    Nidoqueen (F) @ Life Orb
    Sheer Force
    176 HP / 252 SAtk / 80 Spd
    Modest Nature
    -Earth Power
    -Ice Beam
    -Sludge Wave
    -Stealth Rock

First up is Nidoqueen. Nidoqueen serves as my rocker and also helps with clearing Toxic Spikes. Once Nidoqueen sets rocks it is one of the main Attackers on my team. If the opponent is not prepared for it Nidoqueen can sweep a team with ease. It is also a good switch in against Doublade and almost any Fighting type. It can OHKO Doublade using Earth Power and 2HKO a Mega Aggron.

[​IMG]
    Mienshao (M) @ Choice Scarf
    Regenerator
    4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
    Adamant Nature
    -High Jump Kick
    -Knock Off
    -Stone Edge
    -U-Turn

Next up is Mienshao. Mienshao is my Scarfer and my scout. He is usually my lead and depending on the opponents lead I tend to U-Turn and send in something that can handle their mon. Mienshao is no slouch when he stays in either though. With Adamant Nature and Max Attack he can OHKO Entei after rocks and can 2HKO Whimsicott on the switch. Knock Off is for Utility and Stone Edge is for Birds.

[​IMG]
    Florges (F) @ Leftovers
    Flower Veil
    248 HP / 236 Def / 24 SDef
    Calm Nature
    -Aromatherapy
    -Moonblast
    -Protect
    -Wish

This is just the Generic Florges Cleric set. I opted for SDef to have a switch in against Special Attackers such as Hydreigon and Chandelure. Moonblast for the occasional attack. Wish for healing. Aromatheraoy for curing status. Protect to stop damage. No real explanation needed.

[​IMG]
    Blastoise (M) @ Blastoisinite
    Torrent
    144 HP / 252 SAtk / 112 Spd
    Modest Nature
    -Aura Sphere
    -Dark Pulse
    -Rapid Spin
    -Scald

Blastoise serves as my Spinner. Since he has decent bulk without too much investment he can switch into quite a few things. Once he Mega Evolves, Blastoise can power through a lot of walls. He serves as a secondary wallbreaker on my team in case my main has fainted. Aura Sphere can 2HKO Mega Aggron and can dent a Blissey. Dark Pulse is for pesky Psychic and Ghost types. It can 2HKO a Jellicent and a +1 Espeon. Rapid Spin is utility. I opted for Scald over Water Pulse for the chance of Burn.

[​IMG]
    Victini @ Expert Belt
    Victory Star
    252 Atk / 4 SAtk / 252 Spd
    Naive Nature
    -Bolt Strike
    -Glaciate
    -Grass Knot
    -V-Create

Victini is my main Wallbreaker. He can OHKO quite a lot of the Meta using V-Create or Bolt Strike. As long as I fake a Scarf, Victini will lure Water and Ground types. Once Lured, Victini can surprise the opponent by using Grass Knot or Glaciate to OHKO after they are hit by V-Create. Glaciate can also seriously damage Dragons and slow them down to where they are slower than Victini.

[​IMG]
    Tyrantrum (M) @ Life Orb
    Rock Head
    4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
    Jolly Nature
    -Dragon Dance
    -Earthquake
    -Head Smash
    -Outrage

The second part of my core is Tyrantrum. He is able to sweep a team if given the chance to set up. At +1 he outspeeds Max Speed Crobat. At +2 he outspeeds almost everything. Earthquake is there for pesky Steel types. Head Smash is the main STAB move and since I chose Rock Head for a ability he doesn't take the recoil damage. Outrage is usually reserved for when there is nothing left to resist it. Life Orb is to maximize the damage output at the cost of a bit of health.
    Importable:
    Mienshao (M) @ Choice Scarf
    Trait: Regenerator
    EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
    Adamant Nature
    - High Jump Kick
    - Knock Off
    - Stone Edge
    - U-turn

Florges (F) @ Leftovers
    Trait: Flower Veil
    EVs: 248 HP / 236 Def / 24 SDef
    Calm Nature
    - Aromatherapy
    - Moonblast
    - Protect
    - Wish

Nidoqueen (F) @ Life Orb
    Trait: Sheer Force
    EVs: 176 HP / 252 SAtk / 80 Spd
    Modest Nature
    - Earth Power
    - Ice Beam
    - Sludge Wave
    - Stealth Rock

Tyrantrum (M) @ Life Orb
    Trait: Rock Head
    EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
    Jolly Nature
    - Dragon Dance
    - Earthquake
    - Head Smash
    - Outrage

Victini @ Expert Belt
    Trait: Victory Star
    EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SAtk / 252 Spd
    Naive Nature
    - Bolt Strike
    - Glaciate
    - Grass Knot
    - V-create

Blastoise (M) @ Blastoisinite
    Trait: Torrent
    EVs: 144 HP / 252 SAtk / 112 Spd
    Modest Nature
    - Aura Sphere
    - Dark Pulse
    - Rapid Spin
    - Scald

2. Edna

Edna Chasing the Dragon Forum Moderator Forum Moderator

PO Trainer Name:
    Edna
    Hi, the team looks nice on paper however you'll face a lot of problems with Nidoking, and DD mence.

First of all, before changing anything, play Jolly Mienshao with Reckless, it deals more damage and using the 105 speed means you will outspeed Salamence/Victini Scarf, which you seem to not deal well with. Your Florges needs to be Physically defensive as well because Steel wing Salamence will beat you easily.

I'll be honest and say I don't like Tyrantrum, it doesn't break something you actually need to break ( Magnet Rise SD Cobalion which your only counter is Victini and also Suicune ) i'll suggest instead playing SD Toxicroak with Full HP full atk, with Drain punch Gunk shot and Sucker punch. Now comes the second problem of your team, you have no switchins to Aerodactyl, so you might consider Shucca Berry Empoleon over Mega Blastoise with defog rocks scald roar but that's just me, since Spe def Empoleon can 'check' Specs Chandelure as well, that's up to you.

I don't have a lot of suggestions without changing your whole team but I hope at least some suggestions interested you

3. NananaBatman

NananaBatman Well-Known Member

Almost every balanced team ever is weak to nidoking so I don't think its that big of a deal.

As carl said, Mienshao must be jolly, that way you can revenge mence and outspeed base 100 scarfers.

I think you got him wrong on Tyrantrum: its not supposed to break anything (atleast not on this team). In fact, Victini is supposed to be breaking shit for Tyrantrum to sweep, not the other way around. It's a decent idea and I wouldn't dismiss it.

Toxicroak+Mienshao the core.
    Shuca emp can't even switch into aero if it EQs, because then it'll be 2hkod, Blastoise is probably a better aero check than shuca emp is. Given that there's no ground resist on the team, its very likely that emp catches 1 on the switch.

Florges looks out of place on this team. It seems you're trying to run BO but Florges gives your opponent a lot of free turns, which is definitely not something you want to be giving your opponent on an offensive build. Whimsicott helps you deal with Suicune better and, should things go wrong, can encore Salamence into something that doesnt end up with your whole team getting killed (also it resists ground). It probably makes the team a little harder to play because it gives less room for mistakes, but I think it's better in the end.

Chandelure is always a pain to deal with on offense unless you're running Hydreigon or have a way of pursuit trapping it (most common trappers being Krookodile and Mega Aerodactyl). Sadly, none of these really fit the squad all that much.
    Gligar is probably a better fit than Nidoqueen on this team (I know you probs wanted to run queen+toise but its an awkward fit on this). Also it gives you a much better Mega Beedrill answer, who is otherwise very annoying for your team. Sp def Gligar also takes on scarf Chandy, which is neat.

sets

Gligar (F) @ Eviolite
    Trait: Immunity
    EVs: 240 HP / 16 Def / 252 SDef
    Impish Nature (+Def, -SAtk)
    - Earthquake
    - Stealth Rock
    - U-turn
    - Roost

Whimsicott (F) @ Leftovers
    Trait: Prankster
    EVs: 4 Def / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
    Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
    - Giga Drain
    - Moonblast
    - Encore
    - U-turn

OR

Whimsicott @ Leftovers
    Ability: Prankster
    EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 Spd
    Bold Nature
    - Encore
    - Stun Spore
    - Moonblast
    - Leech Seed

The second Whimsicott takes on Krookodile and some fightning moves better and it can allow you to spore Mega Aerodactyl, which can be useful for your team. It is fairly slow tho, so +0 mence can outspeed and OHKO you with something like Fire Blast/Iron tail, so it's your call.

Jethalal and E.T. like this.
  4. Edna

Edna Chasing the Dragon Forum Moderator Forum Moderator

PO Trainer Name:
    Edna
    Reasons I suggested Toxicroak is because he has absolutely no way of dealing with Snorlax outside Scarf Minshao, and it gave him a clean counter to Crocune as well. I'm not fan of Tyrantrum because of its low speed and unability to break Cobalion. There's absolutely no reasons at all to switch cobalion into Victini, but there is for Tyran as it resists dual stab and take a hit easily from +1 Tyran.

Taunt Roost Hydreigon can be a decent option given his team but then again i'm not sure it suits to his playstyle. Empoleon can switch in both aero stab, not in eq ( which is not as popular it used to be since now they're mostly dual stab pursuit roost ), so I stand my recommendation and say Empoleon can be a good mon on his team.

It is true he has no ground resist, but the main users are Nidos and Hippowdon, which means unless you run Snorlax ( which loses to spower King ) you'll anyway have issues with Ground types.

The main issue with his team is the fact you have to modify 2 members at least if you want to cover all the threats, and this is my main concern, it will totally change his team structure just so it deals better with the meta. I'ld personally play a Slowking to beat mega aero and nidos w/o tbolt, and a better counter to curselax, but that's just me then again

5. NananaBatman

NananaBatman Well-Known Member

252 Atk Life Orb Tyrantrum Earthquake vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Cobalion: 218-257 (67.2 - 79.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
    "ez". If u smack it just once on the switch, you'll sweep later on with RP.

How is eq not popular on mega Aero, is there any reason to even run wing stab over eq? Edgequake coverage is much better in this meta (u can't hit chesnaught but theres a reason its LU on PO). Toise is a much better aero check than Empoleon is. Also, removing Blastoise makes the team stupidly weak to Entei. Toise is also a decent answer to curselax.

Croak deals with cune and (to some extent) lax better, but it also removes his only revenge killer and as such it makes the team even weaker to mega aero and other fast stuff in general. Keep the revenge killer.

Hippo and Nidos huh, I guess Krookodile and mega Swampert arent relevant anymore. Ground resists are vital in this meta and Snorlax isnt solving the problem at all. Neither are shuca Empoleon and Slowking.

Also this is an offensive team, he doesn't need to be able to cover all the threats if he executes his offense properly. Slapping a cm king ruins momentum completely and its an awkward fit on the team.

Moderators: Edna, fsk