1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Guest, PO has ceased our separate tiering and adopted Smogon tiers for SM. More information and updates here.

Dismiss Notice

ORAS Ubers Creative Sets

Discussion in 'Gen 6 Ubers' started by Mysterious M, May 5, 2016.

1. Mysterious M

Mysterious M Dream /\ Bigger

[​IMG]
    banner by @Lacus Clyne
    approved by @cries in vain
    sets showcase handled along with @Serga

Hello and welcome to another Oras Ubers thread.

Since Oras has many teams that look alike, standard pokemon in each team and pretty standard sets, i made this thread so we can discuss about less used pokemon or sets which may actually work in the tier. Everyone can post his own ideas, they will be discussed and if they are solid they will make it to the Creative Sets Showcase.

There is a standard format in which you are supposed to submit your Sets, as shown below:

Sets Format:
    (Pokemon Name)
    (move 1)
    (move 2)
    (move 3)
    (move 4)
    And make in bold the move/moves that are uncommon and that you would like to present.
    Then give a short description (more than 1-2 lines)

* Gimmick Mons or Sets are not accepted. The thread's purpose is to advance the use of uncommon sets that can actually be effective in the Oras meta. *

I have an example of my own featuring a set:
    Xerneas @ Power Herb
    Ability: Fairy Aura
    EVs: 200 Def / 252 SpA / 56 Spe
    Modest Nature
    - Moonblast
    - Geomancy
    - Block
    - Rest

This is a really interesting set, that helps xerneas sweep in many cases. It can set up on mons like Klefki, Yveltal, Latios/Latias (if they are at -2), some support Arceus forms and more. It can trap them with Block and then get the amazing +6 so it can destroy things. Has a nice bulk of 200 def to be able to take some hits and kill.

Groudon @ Red Orb
    Ability: Drought
    EVs: 152 Atk / 104 SpD / 252 Spe
    Jolly Nature
    - Stealth Rock
    - Swords Dance
    - Precipice Blades
    - Stone Edge

this is a rly cool set that focuses on sr'ing flanking support arcei(water/dragon) and puts in work vs a lot of ho oh balance/stall builds and a bit less relevant but outspeeds a lot of stuff it normally doesn't and can net a quite a few surprise kos at +2(non mega mence/yveltal/lugia and quite a few other stuff),evs r 2 live any hit from a +2 xern.

>>Submitted by Cries In Vain
    Xerneas @ Power Herb
    Ability: Fairy Aura
    EVs: 200 Def / 252 SpA / 56 Spe
    Modest Nature
    - Moonblast
    - Geomancy
    - Block
    - Rest

This is a really interesting set, that helps xerneas sweep in many cases. It can set up on mons like Klefki, Yveltal, Latios/Latias (if they are at -2), some support Arceus forms and more. It can trap them with Block and then get the amazing +6 so it can destroy things. Has a nice bulk of 200 def to be able to take some hits and kill.

>>Submitted by Mysterious M
    Lucario-Mega @ Lucarionite
    Ability: Adaptability
    EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
    Timid Nature
    - Vacuum Wave / Stone Edge
    - Flash Cannon
    - Aura Sphere / Focus Blast
    - Nasty Plot

This is one of the most heat sets ever. At +2 this set destroys most teams. It ohkos mega mence, most don sets and is a constant threat. I put wave to nab ekillers with EQ but if u want to nab non-defensive xerns, BP works here too just. Also for more power, obviously you can put Focus Blast, but I hate its shit acc, so i just run Aura, which hits super HARD. If you are not running BP make sure u have a few xern checks because this set doesn't really work as a xern check at +2.

>>Submitted by Darrell1297
    Darkrai @ Leftovers
    Ability: Bad Dreams
    EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
    Timid Nature
    - Dark Void
    - Dark Pulse
    - Nasty Plot / Sludge Bomb
    - Substitute

This set provides more room for Darkrai to exude its offensive presence against opposing teams, especially those of bulkier archetypes. What's also noteworthy is that Dark Void + Substitute can serve as a useful defensive utility for bulkier teams, meaning it is possible to fit this Darkrai on Bulky Offense.

>>Submitted by HaxED
    Gengar @ Gengarite
    EVs: 252 SpA / 4 Sdef / 252 Spe
    Timid Nature
    - Hypnosis
    - Hex
    - Destiny Bond/Sludge Wave/Protect
    - Focus Blast

this is 1 of my fav sets which can be rly cool in tours(well if gar decides 2 hit) as it can function as a solid wincon regardless of the matchup and considering the fact that gar can fulfill its usual roles,it's not that much of a gamble if u think about it (protect is the my least favorite option in the given slashes and u can even bluff protect if u rly need 2 )

>>Submitted by Cries In Vain
    Arceus @ Silk Scarf
    Ability: Multitype
    EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
    Jolly Nature
    - Swords Dance
    - Extreme Speed
    - Magic Coat
    - Shadow Claw

This is one of my favorite Arceus set. It has an anti lead role, bouncing back hazards or darkrais which decide to sleep you. I have silk scarf so i can keep it more on the field,but i guess LO can be used too for a stronger hit.This arceus can still setup and sweep with espeed stab and shadow claw for ghost types, so in some cases that the coat is not used, the arceus is not totally useless.

>>Submitted by Mysterious M
    Yveltal @ Charti Berry
    Ability: Dark Aura
    EVs: 248 HP / 8 Atk / 252 Def
    Impish Nature
    - Foul Play
    - Roost
    - Toxic
    - Sucker Punch

This is an interesting set featuring toxic, on a defensive Yveltal. This one just fulfills it's role as an e-killer answer, prepared with charti berry for stone edge and at the same time can provide toxic to poison the switch ins.It also help deal with ghostceus, and this set is amazing when paired with hex Mega Gengar. The rest of the set is self explanatory.

>>Submitted by Foggi
    Rayquaza @ Life Orb
    Ability: Air Lock
    EVs: 252 Atk / 40 SpA / 216 Spe
    Naive Nature
    - Dragon Ascent
    - Extreme Speed
    - Draco Meteor
    - Surf / Earthquake

This set can catch players who don't prepare for a positive Speed nature Rayquaza. Standard Arceus-Water and Arceus-Dragon sets get annihilated that attempt to switch in. Extreme Speed can pick off weakened things, and Surf KOs support Primal Groudon. 216 Spe sets Rayquaza at 308 Speed, outrunning fully invested 90 Base Speed Pokemon, which leaves 40 extra EVs to enhance its Special Attack.

>>Submitted by HaxED

Last edited: May 7, 2016
  2. cries in vain

cries in vain not a prayer unsung

hey let's get this going
    Groudon @ Red Orb
    Ability: Drought
    EVs: 152 Atk / 104 SpD / 252 Spe
    Jolly Nature
    - Stealth Rock
    - Swords Dance
    - Precipice Blades
    - Stone Edge

this is a rly cool set that focuses on sr'ing flanking support arcei(water/dragon) and puts in work vs a lot of ho oh balance/stall builds and a bit less relevant but outspeeds a lot of stuff it normally doesn't and can net a quite a few surprise kos at +2(non mega mence/yveltal/lugia and quite a few other stuff)

evs r 2 live any hit from a +2 xern(hyper beam kos i guess)

Reece reynolds and Mysterious M like this.
  3. Oggy

Oggy New Member

Nice but thats a common groudon set

4. cries in vain

?
    it's not?
    i mean obv it's been used earlier and not once did i claim 2 have 'created' the set but it's def not 'common'
    even on the tour scene it might be used once in a while but it's far from common fam

5. Velvet Blood

Velvet Blood Well-Known Member

Mew @ Leftovers
    Ability: Synchronize
    EVs: 252 HP / 40 Def / 216 SpD
    Careful Nature
    - Heal Bell
    - Soft-Boiled
    - Will-O-Wisp
    - Transform

It's a pretty fun set I tried out in ubers and worked out pretty well for me. When arceus sets up I can just use wow and transform when they don't expect it, you can also use it against other mons like xerneas, pdon, clefable, etc.

Last edited: May 5, 2016
    Reece reynolds likes this.
  6. Edna

Edna Chasing the Dragon Forum Moderator Forum Moderator

PO Trainer Name:
    Edna
    Reshiram @ Life Orb

Trait: Turboblaze

EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd

Hasty Nature (+Spd, -Def)

- Substitute

- Draco Meteor

- Blue Flare

- Stone Edge

Yes I know, Reshiram is uncommon but it's still a nice wallbreaker and can bait in a lot of mons you'ld love to break, namely Ho-Oh, I usually bluff the scarf and set up a sub, you can ohko Ho-oh with stone edge and you 2hko Primal Groudon with Blue Flare which is very nice. It's very situational to use Reshiram since it's outclassed by a lot of stuff, and the SR weakness is kinda lame but it has a surprisingly good wallbreaking capacity, especially when you know it can break through Latias/Pdon/Ho-oh). Hope the format is correct and I don't claim to be a good ubers player, so forgive if this is not enough creative for you :[

Joyverse, Dark San and Reece reynolds like this.
  7. Darrell1297

Darrell1297 Member

Lucario-Mega @ Lucarionite
    Ability: Adaptability
    Timid Nature
    - Vacuum Wave
    - Flash Cannon
    - Aura Sphere
    - Nasty Plot

This is one of the most heat sets ever. At +2 this set destroys most teams. It ohkos mega mence, most don sets and is a constant threat. I put wave to nab ekillers with EQ but if u want to nab non-defensive xerns, BP works here too just. Also for more power, obviously you can put Focus Blast, but I hate its shit acc, so i just run Aura, which hits super HARD. If you are not running BP make sure u have a few xern checks because this set doesn't really work as a xern check at +2.

Mysterious M likes this.
  8. HaxED

HaxED .

I want to add some things. Stone Edge is also an option over Vacuum Wave vs Ho-Oh balance. Furthermore, +2 Focus Blast can net some important KOs, such as on Arceus-Water and Primal Groudon, so there is a significant power drop if you decide to use Aura Sphere instead. Anyway, this set is extremely fun and capable of winning games immediately (I suggest experimenting with Sticky Webs to get a feel for it ).

Here is a set which does not see much use
    Darkrai @ Leftovers
    Ability: Bad Dreams
    EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
    Timid Nature
    - Dark Void
    - Dark Pulse
    - Nasty Plot
    - Substitute

This set provides more room for Darkrai to exude its offensive presence against opposing teams, especially those of bulkier archetypes. What's also noteworthy is that Dark Void + Substitute can serve as a useful defensive utility for bulkier teams, meaning it is possible to fit this Darkrai on Bulky Offense.

Mysterious M and Darrell1297 like this.
  9. Mysterious M

Regarding posts made up to now:
    @Velvet Blood & @Elize Lutus your mons cant be added to the showcase for the following reasons: Mew is too gimmicky to even consider it, regarding Reshiram, i cant really see how this can work in this meta. I will discuss furthermore with @Serga so we get a final decision on it.

@Darrell1297 & @HaxED both of your proposals are fine, i will keep haxed's suggestion for the stone edge over vacuum wave, since it helps Lucario get even better at dealing with common and strong oras ubers threats.

Keep throwing in sets!!

10. cries in vain

Gengar @ Gengarite
    EVs: 252 SpA / 4 Sdef / 252 Spe
    Timid Nature
    - Hypnosis
    - Hex
    - Destiny Bond/Sludge Wave/Protect
    - Focus Blast

this is 1 of my fav sets which can be rly cool in tours(well if gar decides 2 hit) as it can function as a solid wincon regardless of the matchup and considering the fact that gar can fulfill its usual roles,it's not that much of a gamble if u think about it (protect is the my least favorite option in the given slashes and u can even bluff protect if u rly need 2 )

Mysterious M likes this.
  11. Serga

Serga 2easy

PO Trainer Name:
    Serga
    Kyogre-Primal @ Blue Orb
    Ability: Primordial Sea
    EVs: 176 HP / 252 Atk / 80 Spe
    Adamant Nature
    - Waterfall
    - Ice Beam
    - Earthquake
    - Thunder Wave

Ogre's primal evolution (or whatever it actually is) has given it a pretty good attack stat, so this sets tries to use this attack buff while surprising the opponent as they try to switch into pdon and get EQ'd. Ice Beam doesn't let mence and ray set up and waterfall does great damage. TWave helps against pretty much everything and paraflinch is great. I like to use adamant as I don't really need the spatk, and bulk is needed in this meta. Speed to outspeed most pdons and 0speed xern and yveltal
    Mewtwo @ Life Orb
    Ability: Pressure
    Timid Nature
    IVs: 0 Atk
    - Psystrike
    - Focus Blast / Fire Blast
    - Ice Beam
    - Magic Coat

Some people have used and I find it pretty interesting. Just a regular mew2 w/ Magic Coat to deal better with standard HO. All other moves are pretty much standard

Will add more later

Last edited: May 6, 2016
    Dark San and Mysterious M like this.
  12. Reece reynolds

Reece reynolds ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

PO Trainer Name:
    Reece Reynolds
    Kyogre @ Blue Orb
    Ability: Primordial Sea
    EVs: 240 HP / 252 Def / 16 SpA
    Bold Nature
    - Rest
    - Sleep Talk
    - Calm Mind
    - Scald/Ice Beam

THE ALLMIGHTY CROGRE but in all seriousness i feel like this is a very good set and i have used it many times. with its decent physycal bulk + its massive hp stat it can take a lot of physycal hits and with access to cm + its epic spD stat it can also take a lot of special hits and rest all damage/startuses off with rest. after cm it also has the chance to burn physycal attacking mons such as Ekiller, physycal ghostceus, mew 2 x,rayquaza(assuming lo>lum),and megamence. the only bad thing about this set is it easily fets switched into by p.don which is why you could run Ice Beam> scald,you would just loose your burn chance

EDIT: sorry for no spoiler i screwed it up lol

Last edited by a moderator: May 6, 2016
    Dark San and Mysterious M like this.
  13. Serga

Serga 2easy

PO Trainer Name:
    Serga
    This set just gives free turns to the opp. I would suggest running either ResTalk Ice Beam Scald if you want a restalk set or CM Scald Ice Beam Thunder if you want a CM set. If you really want to run CM + Rest you'll need to run both Ice Beam and Scald, so this means no Sleep Talk.

14. Joyverse

Joyverse Back for a blast!

PO Trainer Name:
    Joyverse
    Thought that might as well jump in, lot's of fun sets here and there! I had been using this set after someone had suggested it for a HO team on the server, I forgot! :D
    Mewtwo-Mega-X @ Mewtwonite X
    Ability: Steadfast
    EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
    Hasty Nature
    - Taunt
    - Drain Punch
    - Zen Headbutt
    - Ice Beam

Ice Beam is there for everything that takes a 4x hit to ice but has tools like intimidate, rough skin or rocky helmet (MegaMence, Landorus and Garchomp). Taunt is there to shut down setup on things not named Mega Sab or Diancie. This like mentioned above is best used in HO.

Last edited by a moderator: May 6, 2016
    Mysterious M likes this.
  15. HaxED

HaxED .

Rayquaza @ Life Orb
    Ability: Air Lock
    EVs: 252 Atk / 40 SpA / 216 Spe
    Naive Nature
    - Dragon Ascent
    - Extreme Speed
    - Draco Meteor
    - Surf / Earthquake

This set can catch players who don't prepare for a positive Speed nature Rayquaza. Standard Arceus-Water and Arceus-Dragon sets get annihilated that attempt to switch in. Extreme Speed can pick off weakened things, and Surf KOs support Primal Groudon. 216 Spe sets Rayquaza at 308 Speed, outrunning fully invested 90 Base Speed Pokemon, which leaves 40 extra EVs to enhance its Special Attack.

Mysterious M and Velvet Blood like this.
  16. Mysterious M

I will throw some more sets:

Yveltal @ Charti Berry
    Ability: Dark Aura
    EVs: 248 HP / 8 Atk / 252 Def
    Impish Nature
    - Foul Play
    - Roost
    - Toxic
    - Sucker Punch

This is an interesting set featuring toxic, on a defensive Yveltal. This one just fulfills it's role as an e-killer answer, prepared with charti berry for stone edge and at the same time can provide toxic to poison the switch ins.It also help deal with ghostceus, and this set is amazing when paired with hex Mega Gengar. The rest of the set is self explanatory. (this set was submitted by Foggi, but he was too bored to type it).
    Arceus @ Silk Scarf
    Ability: Multitype
    EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
    Jolly Nature
    - Swords Dance
    - Extreme Speed
    - Magic Coat
    - Shadow Claw

This is one of my favorite Arceus set. It has an anti lead role, bouncing back hazards or darkrais which decide to sleep you. I have silk scarf so i can keep it more on the field,but i guess LO can be used too for a stronger hit.This arceus can still setup and sweep with espeed stab and shadow claw for ghost types, so in some cases that the coat is not used, the arceus is not totally useless.

Last edited: May 7, 2016
    Foggi and Reece reynolds like this.
  17. HaxED

HaxED .

Klefki @ Leftovers
    Ability: Prankster
    EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Spe
    Careful Nature
    - Spikes
    - Thunder Wave
    - Play Rough / Toxic
    - Heal Block

Heal Block applies additional pressure vs. Recover/Roost users, such as support Arcei and [email protected] It's also very useful at shutting down Rest+Geomancy Xerneas. This set is unfortunately bait for Ground types like Prima Groudon and Arceus Ground (Play Rough can be traded if necessary. Spikes can't be traded since it and Thunder Wave are the most valuable moves to any support Klefki).

18. cries in vain

Deoxys-Attack @ Life Orb
    Ability: Pressure
    EVs: 68 Atk / 252 SpA / 188 Spe
    Naive Nature
    - Psycho Boost
    - Superpower
    - Pursuit
    - Extreme Speed

this is obv not the best deo set but it can get some clutch as fuck kos on latis/pivoting ho ohs/mgars/other random stuff depending on the scenario
    although while using this keep in mind u'll often find urself missing knock off or ice beam a lot but yeah this does deserve a mention (standard evs on deo)

Reece reynolds and Mysterious M like this.