1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Guest, PO has ceased our separate tiering and adopted Smogon tiers for SM. More information and updates here.

Dismiss Notice

PO Profile: MetalGross

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by MetalGross, May 11, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MetalGross

MetalGross gems…

About me: Hello everyone, I’m MetalGross and I’m 17 years old. I play tennis and soccer and I’m pretty decent at both. I enjoy watching basketball and American Football. I’m the fit Belgian player pokemon player. I’m 2 years away from university, so I’m in 11th grade / junior / 5th secondary, whatever you like to call it. My studies are mostly focused around Latin (4h a week) and Math (8h a week, separated in 2 courses of each 4h a week) , but I also get lots of languages cuz I live in Belgium lol.

The first Pokemon game I had was Pokemon Emerald. I was about 7 and it was the fucking best. I still think it’s one of the best games made, I loved the Island with the Battle Tower and Battle Pyramid especially, it was such a challenge. I got other games: LeafGreen, Diamond, Black, Mystery Dungeon games and a game where you had to Capture pokemons for Nintendo DS. I didn’t get ORAS because competitive Pokemon rules oo. Playing these games was a huge part of my childhood, but unlike most others I didn’t have friends that were also really into the games.

I was introduced to Smogon when we got more into Battle Subway. That’s how I was introduced to Smogon: the thread of Battle Subway records. You needed 70 wins and at one point we got 71 or 72 with a team that contained Ferrothorn and 2 offensive mons. I also started watching Shofu videos on Youtube and started comprehending more and more about competitive mons. One day, Zorodark downloaded PO and we started playing on the most popular server, so we left Smogon behind. He had built the most bog standard early BW sand team, and to our own surprise I won games on the ladder. I mostly remember that I’d named Scarf Sand Force Landorus “Sanda Claus” which I thought was hilarious. Then, we discovered the prestigious server tournaments, which were really good back then! Playing against Z+V, meeps, Ashton Michael and Meh among others was a lot of fun. Eventually I got bored of mons, mostly because we had only one computer and ZoroDark was better and a bully, so I didn’t play much and when I did I lost in the early rounds.

Start of MetalGross: When I moved to Texas, I got my own computer. I decided to give PO another shot, created this shitty alt and started playing a lot BW NU and server tours again. I created this shitty name and now I’m stuck with it forever, lmao. I had a lot of fun, especially with meeps shittalking and building crazy teams. He figured out pretty quick Zoro and I were related and we didn’t keep it a secret afterwards, although often people are still surprised when they find out and it’s always hilarious when that happens. Cased used his caps lock for 5 minutes straight because he was so shocked, lmao. Forum tournaments started to take over and I started mostly playing those. I started maining the OU tiers too, because it was the hardest and most active ladder. I love using creative mons and I have the most fun with them in that tier. I got a little more active on forums and started whoring for HA just so I could get in VR like Finchinator, Luck>Skill and all the cool kids. Eventually I became HA,, but by then everybody who wasn’t there yet had also begun to hang out in Rage Channel, so being in VR wasn’t that interesting anymore. I quickly lost HA after, the only form of power I’ve ever had on server. I got more active on forums, posted occasionally in the OU and the RMT sections and I became –OUTL at a point after the Genesect mess.

I got better and better at playing, got in semis of POT and did well in some POCLs, then won became PO Champion after defeating the E4 and reigning champion Laurel. Finally, the Evergrande BIGs forgot to draft a RBY player in the SPL draft and Isa recommended me to them although I didn’t’ play RBY all that much. Somehow I managed to go 3-0 in the first 3 weeks and became an allstar, gaining a lot of recognition on Smogon. I ended 3-3 and got benched, but was the main RBY starter this year again and got insanely unluckyand finished only 3-5 while my team as a whole got also very unlucky, leading to some very high concentrations of NaCl. I got in tiebreaker for Smogon Tour as well, but lost 2-1 to both xtrashine and the other guy. Those are probably my best achievements and I like them a lot, but I dream of winning a big tournament on Smogon.
    Life’s gotten a lot busier nowadays and since I got a PS4, I don’t play mons a lot of the time anymore. I’m also now at an age where I can go out and stuff so Pokemon has gotten less and less attention. Still, I enjoy the time I spend on here and there’s certainly a lot left to be achieved.
    I hope you had fun reading!

Shoutouts:
    @ALLALA: gone but never forgotten. rby wonder, did a lot of fun stuff together.
    @meeps: mememememememmeemmememememmememee
    @CasedVictory: asshat
    @Finchinator: cool guy, i wrote a good shoutout in one of my answers
    @Isa: MVP! MVP! Not only is Isa one of the nicest, most polite and smartest guys on this site, he has an incredibly beautiful voice (no homo) and is a great captain. Your RBY knowledge is top notch and you basically started my smogon career by telling Funk to pick me up in SPL draft. u da bess
    @Xdevious: IM NOT EVEN GOOD ENOUGH TO GET A SHITOUT? LOOK AT YOURSELF WHAT HAVE YOU DONE IN UR LIFE LOL
    @Joyverse: i hatE IT WHEN PEOPLE ASK ME WHY I GET MAD IT JUST HAPPENS SO JUST SHUT THE FUCK UP ABOUT IT ALREADY. also girl
    @bugzinator: a tru lad and pretty girl, New Girl is the best. We share some weird interests which is cool :). also VARDY
    @gengar17: this guy must be the funniest on entire PO... also remember that Smogon tour we joined and we lost first round although i @carried your asses? yh im looking at you too @TraceofLife
    @TraceofLife: your timezone sucks. so do you >:O. jk, i love talking mons with you :). You tend to get lucked like me a lot so we share a special hatred by God :D
    @Sakuya Izayoi / DracoNinja: One of the most fun players to talk with. Always supportive of ideas and willing to help. Your power ragequit was one of the funniest things I remember on PO. You also share that connection of being the unluckiest player alive. What did we do wrong God? long time actually, do you still even play lol
    @Z+V: We got in a fight when we met each other and now we get along great! Always fun playng ST with you, you're way too apologetic though. I'll miss you, hf irl :c
    @Casparov: lelijke irritante magere lange gierige kuthollander. koop wiet voor mij aub
    @Blitz: you live wow
    @Elize Lutus: thank you for your contributions to this great Pokémon forum.
    @Duster: you remind me of MeowMix
    @MeowMix: GHOST RIDE THE WHIP. jealous of you living in NY.
    @Ammy: thank you for replying to this magicla thread
    @willdebeest: your name is 10x cooler than mine
    @ZoroDark: remember when you were 0-7 in wcop + spl combined? i do! lmao gud times.
    @Zamrock: Funny n chill guy, thx for picking me up in OUPL but why am i the most expensive player on the team LOL. -OUTL.
    @Draciel: cute guy, gratz to climb the ladder like you did. proud of u :D
    @Raducan: cutest user of all time. I miss u. play tennis again it's the best.
    @ASH_CHAMPION: every time i give a bullshit excuse to john i think of you n_n, but they'll never be as legendary as ur pet panda! damn you university, why must you take everyone!
    @Luck>Skill: innovative and chill, what more do you want

i probably forgot tons of people, sorry yall

also ask me anything i really like talking about myself :D

Last edited: May 15, 2016
  2. Casparov

Casparov This is supposed to be a Medal!

PO Trainer Name:
    Casparov
    Why did you move to Texas?
    Favourite Belgium football club?
    What do you think of The Netherlands?
    Do you think there is anything that can save PO?
    Favourite beer?
    Friet met Mayo?

3. MetalGross

MetalGross gems…

Casparov likes this.
  4. Blitzamirin

Blitzamirin Waluigi! Number one!

PO Trainer Name:
    Blitz
    Hello why are you an alt of user: ZoroDark???

Joyverse likes this.
  5. Edna

Edna Chasing the Dragon Forum Moderator Forum Moderator

PO Trainer Name:
    Edna
    What does PO mean for you?
    Do you think we're currently trying to follow Smogon or do you think PO still has its merit to have its own tiers?
    Opinion on the gen 7 releases?
    PO: waste of time or you're happy to spend your time there?
    PS: do you think people should move there?
    Do you have any preferences between PO and PS on several levels ( staff, channels, tiering )
    What do you think of Finch?
    What is your dream for the future?

I'll stop there, nice profile :)

6. Duster

Duster dodgerswin 2018

zorodark is
    fat??

favorite nfl team???

7. JoyFrost

JoyFrost :thonk: Forum Moderator Server Administrator Social Media Rep Forum Moderator Server Administrator Social Media Rep

PO Trainer Name:
    JoyFrost
    Hey metal! Grats on your PO Profile.

Got some questions for you
    Best OU player for you:
    Favorite OU mon:
    Happiest moment on PO:
    Saddest moment on PO:
    Favorite color:

Yeh that's all I guess.

8. Joyverse

Joyverse Back for a blast!

PO Trainer Name:
    Joyverse
    Hey there Metal! Gratzu on the profile!
    1-Why did you rage and den ragequit vs. me when your Zard X missed WoW versus my tankchomp turn 1? :v
    2-Favourite mon competitively and aesthetically?
    3-Favourite car?
    4-Do you like Belgian Waffles? :3
    5- Is MetalGross = ZoroDark or vice versa?
    6-Opinions on side channels?
    7-Should Indigo do staff forum tours once in a while?
    8-What do you favour more? PO or PS? Why?
    9-What is your favourite starter out of the three from SuMo?
    10-What do you expect from SuMo competitively? A bigger powercreep and no powercreep at all?

9. Karppi

Karppi Active Member

PO Trainer Name:
    Ammy
    metalded
    What do you play on PS4?
    Is ZoroDark just inferior you or are you inferior ZoroDark?
    Why you haven't joined BW2 NU Cup in Smogon yet?
    Why did you decide to go Hangman route to get into #Victory Road and not Tours route like normal users?

10. willdbeast

willdbeast All round nice guy

PO Trainer Name:
    willdbeast
    We're the same age so how come you're so much better than me... what's your secret? What was your favorite tier or side meta to play fun wise? What's so bad about being called metalgross (imo is a cool name)? Also nice to see there is yet another maths peep here (best subject y/n?)

Last edited: May 12, 2016
  11. ZoroDark

ZoroDark i know everything

smd im superior

12. Raducan

Raducan Well-Known Member

where are the shoutouts

where is my shoutout

MetalGross likes this.
  13. MetalGross

MetalGross gems…

shhh

Last edited: May 15, 2016
    Duster, Blitzamirin, E.T. and 3 others like this.
  14. Joyverse

Joyverse Back for a blast!

PO Trainer Name:
    Joyverse
    Dude I am not a girl but thanks for shoutouts! :v

15. Draciel

Draciel ALLEZ! ALLEZ! ALLEZ!

PO Trainer Name:
    Neo
    I love you!!!!! fuck ZoroDark I hate him you're way better

QUESTIONS:

1. Favorite food joint?
    2. Most tasty thing you've ever eaten?
    3. Any particular incident irl that you're most ashamed of?
    4. Favorite music instrument?
    5. Top 3 favorite books and movies.
    6. Top 3 favorite singers/bands.
    7. What are your goals for the next couple of years?
    8. What's your favorite holiday destination?
    9. Best and Worst thing about being a Belgian?

PO stuff

1. Favorite thing to do on PO?
    2. What's is your favorite Mega Evolution?
    3. Favorite and least favorite pokemon: both competitively and aesthetically.
    4. Top 5 PO battlers in your opinion.
    5. Any users you look for immediately when you come online.
    6. Players you look/looked up to?
    7. In future when you'll look back upon the time spent here, what would you think: time wasted or time well-spent?
    8. Anyone from here you would like to meet and hang out with irl?
    9. If you could ban one pokemon from any tier, what would it be?
    10. Do you think PO will die out in near future, or will we continue in this fashion?
    11. Any PO incident that you regret most?

16. JoyFrost

JoyFrost :thonk: Forum Moderator Server Administrator Social Media Rep Forum Moderator Server Administrator Social Media Rep

PO Trainer Name:
    JoyFrost
    Seriously metal did you confused Joyverse as me? (I'm 100% not as annoying as him) you included him on your shoutout :( what about our "fun times" Also you ignored my question :(

Edna and Joyverse like this.
  17. TraceofLife

TraceofLife Lucky Strike

PO Trainer Name:
    TraceofLife
    thanks for shoutout

How did you actually manage to confuse over joyfrost and Joyverse

Joyverse likes this.
  18. AFK Vision Ward

AFK Vision Ward Life's a Struggle when there is so much Pressure

PO Trainer Name:
    AFK Vision Ward
    Texas is the best(this is a statement not a question)
    You are the coolest(this is a statement not a question)
    What is your biggest pet peev
    You are forced to get a pokemon related tattoo that is at least the size of your open hand. what is it?

19. Xdevo

Xdevo Phrasing Super Moderator Tour Director Super Moderator Tour Director

Am I truely as devious as GER thought I was?

EDIT: doy pls

Last edited: May 16, 2016
  20. JoyFrost

PO Trainer Name:
    JoyFrost
    Who is Xdevo? Prolly awesume rider guy.

21. E.T.

E.T. METAMORPHOSIS! Super Moderator Server Administrator Articles Leader Super Moderator Server Administrator Articles Leader

PO Trainer Name:
    E.T.
    In general, what are your thoughts about your time spent in the US?
    What are some good and bad things about living in Texas?
    Do you pay any attention to college football or just pro stuff?
    What have been your favorite and least favorite moments as a tier leader?
    Have you gotten tired of being the PO League champion yet?
    What is your opinion of RBY before and after the major mechanics changes (body slam not paralyzing normals etc)?

22. La.Melle2402

La.Melle2402 I'm the bone of my sword

1. Do you miss Belgium or can you imagine to stay in Texas forevery?
    2. What was your first thought when your parents told you that you will move the country?
    3. What is your football position?
    4. Why is Germany so much better than Belgium?
    5. Would you stop pokemon if your gf (or boyfriend lolol) tells you to stop it?
    6. What is your favourite gen?

23. MetalGross

MetalGross gems…

Last edited: May 18, 2016
    Joyverse, Draciel and Fate Testarossa like this.
  24. Troller

Troller Well-Known Member

PO Trainer Name:
    Troller
    Where's my Shoutout toooo

the greatest bo5 of you entire life(!!!!)

25. MetalGross

MetalGross gems…

@AFK Vision Ward
    Texas is the best(this is a statement not a question) true
    You are the coolest(this is a statement not a question)true
    What is your biggest pet peev idk what pet peev means but i like dogs, my dad hates animals though and i can see why
    You are forced to get a pokemon related tattoo that is at least the size of your open hand. what is it? sawsbuck charging forward

@Xdevo
    wow very devious much GER

@JoyFrost
    Who is Xdevo? Prolly awesume rider guy
    the best description i have is angry small city redneck pokemon addict

@E.T.

In general, what are your thoughts about your time spent in the US?
    it was a lot of fun and a very unique experience. (holding back tiers, clenching fist) IT MADE ME THE PERSON I AM TODAY!
    What are some good and bad things about living in Texas?
    Good: football, school was easy, lots of opportunites to do sports
    Bad: the accent omg also the weather sometimes it’s just too hot to do anything you know

Do you pay any attention to college football or just pro stuff?
    mostly NFL but I follow the college stuff a bit, like when Leonard decided to go Hulk mode I knew about it
    What have been your favorite and least favorite moments as a tier leader?
    Hoopa suspect test was def the least favorite
    Have you gotten tired of being the PO League champion yet?
    why would i n_n
    What is your opinion of RBY before and after the major mechanics changes (body slam not paralyzing normals etc)?
    i didnt play much before the mechanic change, but i feel this is slightly better, it takes some of the bullshit away. Still, it makes chansey a lot more annoying but I guess every positive has a negative

@La.Melle2402
    1. Do you miss Belgium or can you imagine to stay in Texas forevery? I was the one who disliked moving back the most, but thinking about a future in the USA was also totally not on my mind. I enjoyed it while I was there but it’s better being here, people act more normal and the education is better. I also missed some of the little things

2. What was your first thought when your parents told you that you will move the country?

3. What is your football position? Attacker, I scored 30 goals in 29 games this year!
    4. Why is Germany so much better than Belgium? if you mean football i’d say wilmots but he’s fired now
    5. Would you stop pokemon if your gf (or boyfriend lolol) tells you to stop it? nah, but i wouldnt tell them i played either lo!l also im not gonna let someone tell me what i can do or can’t do..
    6. What is your favourite gen? emerald for the playing on gameboy, bw for the fun competitive battles

@Troller
    hi ur cool but ur lucky D:
    the series was meh at best too

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.