1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Guest, PO has ceased our separate tiering and adopted Smogon tiers for SM. More information and updates here.

Dismiss Notice

[ORAS UU] As per Draciel's request

Discussion in 'Rate My Team' started by NananaBatman, May 15, 2016.

Moderators: Edna, fsk
  1. NananaBatman

NananaBatman Well-Known Member

(12:07:14) +Draciel: batman pls u did only 3 rmts
    (12:07:17) +Draciel: need more

helo here comes my rmt.

So I built this team around NP Lucario+Pursuit trapping Aerodactyl just because they go well together, because Aero can trap/kill the fast stuff that threatens Lucario. The rest of the team is really nothing special, semi fat core that handles most threats/can apply some type of pressure against teams. I don't have any proof of the team's success because I typically use more than 1 team to ladder and said ladder is awful, but the top 4 alts are all mine so theres that. I suck at making RMTs look pretty so lets just go to the sets already.

[​IMG]
    Lucario (F) @ Life Orb
    Trait: Steadfast
    EVs: 252 SAtk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
    IVs: 0 Atk
    Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
    - Aura Sphere/Focus Blast
    - Flash Cannon
    - Dark Pulse/Vacuum Wave
    - Nasty Plot

NP Lucario is the pokemon this team was built around and it's great at breaking down balanced teams. The moves should be fairly simple ; Nasty Plot because thats how you boost your special attack, Aura Sphere and Flash Cannon are your stab moves and they have good coverage. Dark Pulse is used to get past Doublade, Slowking and Cresselia, mons that Aerodactyl cannot trap so it has its merits, but you can use Vacuum Wave if you want a better match up against very offensive teams. Focus Blast is an option if you want to power through more stuff, such as crocune which you cannot kill at +2, or even Blissey that can live and thunder-wave you.

[​IMG]
    Aerodactyl (M) @ Aerodactylite
    Trait: Rock Head
    EVs: 40 HP / 252 Atk / 216 Spd
    Jolly Nature
    - Stone Edge
    - Roost
    - Pursuit
    - Earthquake

Standard Mega Aerodactyl set, 216 speed is enough to outspeed mega Beedrill and mega Sceptile. Pursuit is used to trap some of the faster things that bug Lucario, EdgeQuake gives you good all-around coverage and Roost is used for longevity because this is your Mega Beedrill answer and you need to keep it healthy.

[​IMG]
    Hippowdon (M) @ Leftovers
    Trait: Sand Stream
    EVs: 232 HP / 152 Def / 124 SDef
    Impish Nature
    - Toxic
    - Stealth Rock
    - Slack Off
    - Earthquake

Mixed def Hippo so you dont str8 lose to stuff like Raikou or Mega Manectric. Standard moves for hippo, I gave it Toxic because I already have a phazer and it helps me whittle stuff that can otherwise be troublesome and I don't really need to hit Crobat that much since I have Aero to trap it. I kept Sand Stream because most of the team doesn't care all that much for sand damage but you can use Sand Force if you want.

[​IMG]
    Salamence (M) @ Life Orb/Dragon Fang
    Trait: Intimidate
    EVs: 120 HP / 132 SAtk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
    Timid Nature
    - Defog
    - Draco Meteor
    - Flamethrower/Fire Blast
    - Roost

Defog Salamence but with a little more bulk so it can take on fightning types better. The special attack investment+Life Orb allow it to not be completely passive which is always nice. Fire Blast vs Flamethrower is power vs accuracy, I personally don't like missing a hit on stuff like Escavalier or Cobalion and losing the game to it.

[​IMG]
    Whimsicott (M) @ Leftovers/Pixie Plate
    Trait: Prankster
    EVs: 4 Def / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
    Timid Nature
    - Encore
    - Giga Drain
    - Moonblast
    - U-turn

Offensive whim so I don't get owned by Dragons even tho they're still pretty threatening. I went with offensive Whimsicott because it allows me to pressure my opponent a little more easily (outspeeding and killing fightning types is really useful). You could try to run Stun Spore over Giga Grain to slow stuff down for Lucario but it makes mega pert more of a headache to deal with. You can run Pixie Plate for some extra damage with Moonblast.

[​IMG]
    Suicune @ Leftovers
    Trait: Pressure
    EVs: 240 HP / 216 Def / 52 Spd
    Bold Nature
    - Calm Mind
    - Scald
    - Rest
    - Roar

Last slot is Suicune because it's a good glue mon and checks a bunch of shit. I gave it roar to mess with opposing Suicunes and stuff like SD Feraligatr, along with other fat set up sweepers like Cresselia, Florges Slowking and Snorlax. I run a bit of speed creep for other roar Suicunes and for stuff like Jellicent that wants to get a fast Taunt on me.

THREATS

If there's 1 thing the team struggles with, it's strong special attackers such as Nidos because not much of what you have takes them on 1 on 1. Mega Abomasnow is an extremely difficult match up, you'll have to double a lot to beat it. Other than that you should be able to handle most stuff if you don't play like a retard. You could replace hippo by Bronzong to have a better match up against some special attackers but you'd be losing your ground type which is annoying. Gligar over Salamence would help compound that weakness, but you'd be losing out on some offensive pressure (altho you do get u-turn which is always neat).

Guess I'm gna wait for rates. And by that I mean actual rates.

Lucario (F) @ Life Orb
    Trait: Steadfast
    EVs: 252 SAtk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
    Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
    - Aura Sphere
    - Flash Cannon
    - Dark Pulse
    - Nasty Plot

Aerodactyl (M) @ Aerodactylite
    Trait: Rock Head
    EVs: 40 HP / 252 Atk / 216 Spd