1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Safari Bug Bounty Program

Discussion in 'Safari' started by Fuzzysqurl, May 18, 2016.

Moderators: Fuzzysqurl, IceKirby
  1. Fuzzysqurl

Fuzzysqurl baa baa mareep I do what I want Server Owner Developer I do what I want Server Owner Developer

I'm bad at posts so lets do this.

Bugs must be reported to @Fuzzysqurl and/or @IceKirby or if they are minor, posted here.
    Reward Structure:
    Gameplay Bugs** = 1 Egg
    Wrong information = 5 silver coins. This one is for errors like mismatching numbers or contradictory information that doesn't directly hinder gameplay but still can cause confusion (e.g.: Box space used not matching with actual Pokémon owned, error in the /records numbers, etc)
    Unintentional Spelling/Grammar Errors = 30 Candy Dust or something. We can work out a better reward if you find a lot at once.
    Bugs that can be exploited to wipe fitzy's save file = 1 Bright Egg

Grammar/Spelling can be posted in this thread and will be pruned as they get fixed.
    **Anything exploitable must be reported via Forum or Server PM in order to qualify for bounty. Please provide as many steps or as much information as possible to try to recreate the bug (but obviously don't take advantage of it).

All rewards and definitions of bugs are up to the sole discretion of Fuzzy or Rice. Only the first person to report gets credit. The program will only count bugs reported after this thread was posted.

Minor update: All grammar issues or "bugs" related to changing item names (such as rocks), do not count. The same goes for errors on the /topic message or at /safarirules.

Last edited: Aug 5, 2016
    SnickerBar, Joyverse, Zoroark and 3 others like this.
  2. mibuchiha

mibuchiha Was yea ra chs ieeya.

PO Trainer Name:
    mibuchiha
    Seems more appropriate here.

(15:48:47) mibuchiha: can someone do something about the drifting contest times though
    (15:49:03) mibuchiha: i think it's because the bait time isnt exactly 25m

Having a reliable estimate of contest times would be extremely nice.

Rice: Nope, we can't do anything about that. I believe it's actually a server issue, but even if it isn't it's not something worth all the trouble.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 28, 2016
    Lord-voldemort likes this.
  3. xburnout

xburnout Its not me, its my sister please dont ask

PO Trainer Name:
    xburnout
    Not sure if you are suppost to do this
    (17:15:26) ±Tauros: League Guide: You can see the Hall of Fame of all players who defeated the Elite Four by typing /quest league:hall.
    (17:15:35) ±Tauros: No Hall of Fame log found for this query!
    (17:15:35) ±Tauros: /quest league:hall: 10-20

(17:15:57) ±Tauros: No Hall of Fame log found for this query!
    (17:15:57) ±Tauros: /quest league:hall: 190-200

(17:17:28) ±Tauros: No Hall of Fame log found for this query!
    (17:17:28) ±Tauros: /quest league:hall: 400-410

This goes on endlessly if you like

4. beforedawn

beforedawn Active Member

±Tauros: Room 3-7: As soon as you enter the room, you see a Pokémon in the shadows using Shadow Claw and Shadow Claw. They then look at you and prepare another attack!

is that right?

5. beforedawn

beforedawn Active Member

some issues regarding shop

[Edited by Rice. Please report exploitable bugs privately to Rice/Fuzzy next time. The one that was here will be fixed soon.]

Pokemon and Items can be added to shop while in Pyramid. I think that's good, because I like having that freedom, especially since Items can be earned while in Pyramid. It would be a cool way to sell Pokemon or newly obtained Items while stuck in the Pyramid.

HOWEVER

You cannot start Pyramid if one of your pyr mons is in the shop. You have to first remove it from the shop. After starting Pyr, you can then put the mon in the shop, where I assume it can be purchased. I do not know what happens to the Pyr run if one of your mons is suddenly removed this way. But I do want to say I want to keep the feature of being able to trade/shop manage while in Pyr.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 27, 2016
  6. Zoroark

Zoroark Awoo Forum Moderator Server Moderator Forum Moderator Server Moderator

PO Trainer Name:
    SkyPhoenix / Zoroark
    Just wondering:
    (01:22:06) ±Tauros: Now disallowing other players from viewing your party!
    Wouldn't it be better if it said:
    (01:22:06) ±Tauros: Now disallowing other players from viewing your party and battles!
    Just to make things much more specific ofc. (No idea if this is the right thread to post this)

7. fitzy

fitzy Heart of the cards Forum Moderator Forum Moderator

±Tauros: You added Metapod to your Tradeblocked list! Current list: Shiny Weedle, Shiny Butterfree, Shiny Nidoqueen, Shiny Whiscash, Shiny Dewgong, Shiny Vespiquen, Regice and Metapod

(15:28:14) ±Tauros: Someone bought a Metapod from your shop!

Not sure why you would have a tradeblocked item in shop but I guess this interaction got forgotten.

8. mibuchiha

PO Trainer Name:
    mibuchiha
    Adding to this, you can NPC tradeblocked mons as well. Would prefer tradeblock to completely block these things.

9. fitzy

±Tauros: No third place prize will be given due to the low number of participants!

We still had to do the third place playoff game >_>

EDIT:

Bf event, if it wasn't obvious

Last edited: Sep 8, 2016
  10. Evil_genius

Evil_genius New Member

Hello there...
    I don't know whether the following bug is in mine or is it global but i would like to mention....
    When i view my safari box it shows a missing pokemon symbol for pumpkaboo-XL. And it clearly shows i have that pokemon in the text version. Please look into this matter. Thanks

11. IceKirby

IceKirby A.K.A. RiceKirby Forum Moderator Channel Leader Developer Forum Moderator Channel Leader Developer

PO Trainer Name:
    RiceKirby
    Try updating your client.

Evil_genius likes this.
  12. mibuchiha

PO Trainer Name:
    mibuchiha
    Soothe Bell is bugged: http://imgur.com/a/I3KxP

According to /itemhelp perks:
    (22:08:31) Soothe Bell: A bell with a comforting chime that calms the owner and their Pokémon. Reduces delay after a successful catch by 2.5% (Max Rate: 25%). Obtained from Gachapon.

And /itemhelp balls:
    (22:07:30) Ultra Ball: A high functioning Pokéball that has a better catch rate than a Great Ball. Cooldown: 12 seconds.

From the screenshot I have 22 - 23 seconds of cooldown, consistent with the 10 Soothe Bells having no effect, when I should be having 18 seconds of cooldown. So either the cooldown has been increased, in which case the descriptions need updating, or the perks/balls are bugged.

Rice: ±Tauros: mibuchiha has been awarded with 1 Egg by RiceKirby!

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 23, 2016
  13. Professor Oak

Professor Oak Pimp Hand Strong Forum Administrator Server Owner Social Media Rep Forum Administrator Server Owner Social Media Rep

PO Trainer Name:
    Professor Oak
    (14:39:13) ±Tauros: You don't have any Gachapon Ticket!

I think all messages like this should end with (s), just to ensure that it makes grammatical sense. This one definitely needs an s on it anyway.

14. Zoroark

PO Trainer Name:
    SkyPhoenix / Zoroark
    (08:20:14) ±Tauros: You currently have the following items/Pokémon tradeblocked: Terrakion, Entei, Virizion, Thundurus, Moltres, Azelf, Articuno, Tornadus, Shiny Magnemite and Shiny Magnezone

>I evolved shiny magnemite the same day I tradeblocked it as magnezone.
    Apparently this doesn't update unless I try to remove or something?
    (08:22:34) ±Tauros: You removed Shiny Magnemite from your Tradeblocked list!
    And apparently I can remove something that I don't have.

15. IceKirby

IceKirby A.K.A. RiceKirby Forum Moderator Channel Leader Developer Forum Moderator Channel Leader Developer

PO Trainer Name:
    RiceKirby
    Not a bug. You could have more than one Shiny Magnemite, so they are kept in the tradeblock list.
    And obviously, you should be able to remove something you don't have anymore.

16. Kurapika

Kurapika Member

Monger: I have some interesting some goodies ... blah blah.

Rice Edit: Fixed.
    ±Tauros: RiceKirby rewarded dodioadjkl and kurapika with 30 Candy Dusts!

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 25, 2016
  17. Dodrioadjkl

Dodrioadjkl Berd

PO Trainer Name:
    Dodioadjkl
    ±Tauros: Editor-in-chief: That's a valid request!
    Perhaps you mean : That's an invalid request!

Rice Edit: Fixed.
    ±Tauros: RiceKirby rewarded dodioadjkl and kurapika with 30 Candy Dusts!

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 25, 2016
  18. beforedawn

beforedawn Active Member

With the new changes in Journal (multiple people submitting the same one and the timer), there has been a technical issue.

There are ordinarily 20 requests, right? Numbered 1-20.
    As of right now, they are numbered 16-98.

19. IceKirby

PO Trainer Name:
    RiceKirby
    Not a bug. They now increase in numbers so people don't see a request thinking it's an older one.

20. Mestre Nando

Mestre Nando Member

PO Trainer Name:
    Mestre Nando
    So, I was testing some "/sort" interactions with the boxes (I even pm'd Kirby about it on server)
    2 Successive different "/sort" commands seem to stack, if possible (for example, sorting your box alphabetically and then by Dex Number will result in Formes getting rearranged in alphabetical order as well)

What is odd about it, though, is that every combination that includes "/sort alphabetical [descending][ascending]" as the first criteria reverses the alphabetical command after the second one. For example:
    "/sort alphabetical descending"
    "/sort bst descending"
    will result in descending BST with ASCENDING alphabetical order boxes.

or

"/sort alphabetical ascending"
    "/sort number descending"
    will result in descending DexNumber with DESCENDING alphabetical order boxes.

It doesn't seem to happen to any other criteria, so... maybe a line or two on the code is a bit messed up? Here it is, in proper server text:

(04:39:58) ±Tauros: Your box was sorted inversely alphabetically.
    (04:40:02) ±Tauros: Your box was sorted by BST (descending).
    Box Capacity (377/384)
    Slaking, Goodra, Hydreigon, Hydreigon, Salamence, Tyranitar, Uxie, Archeops, Florges, Togekiss, Togekiss, Gyarados, Gyarados, Haxorus, Magmortar, Milotic, Magnezone, Rhyperior, Swampert, Charizard, Infernape, Blaziken, Greninja, Greninja, Emboar, Meganium, Probopass, Venusaur, Aurorus, Aegislash, Aegislash, Chandelure, Starmie, Krookodile, Aerodactyl, Aerodactyl, Aerodactyl, Porygon2, Avalugg, Ampharos, Braviary, Gliscor, Mandibuzz, Weavile, Weavile, Pyroar, Pyroar, Pyroar, Conkeldurr, Nidoqueen, Ninetales, Shuckle, Alakazam, Claydol, Golduck, Hawlucha, Muk, Rapidash, Scizor, Scyther, Wailord, Accelgor, Armaldo, Bastiodon, Carracosta, Floatzel, Golem, Kabutops, Magmar, Magmar, Mismagius, Rampardos, Rampardos, Bellossom, Electabuzz, Electabuzz, Gothitelle, Kangaskhan, Sigilyph, Sigilyph, Sigilyph, Sigilyph, Sigilyph, Slowbro, Tauros, Vileplume, Ferrothorn, Unfezant, Musharna, Musharna, Musharna, Beheeyem, Cryogonal, Druddigon, Rhydon, Scolipede
    [Box 2 >]

As you can clearly see at the very beggining, at 600 BST, the alphabetical order is actually ascending now. And, if anyone might think I'm mistaking the alphabetical order, doing only "/sort alphabetical descending" will result in Zweilous being the first mon shown. So yeah, not wrong there.

mibuchiha likes this.
  21. Professor Oak

Professor Oak Pimp Hand Strong Forum Administrator Server Owner Social Media Rep Forum Administrator Server Owner Social Media Rep

PO Trainer Name:
    Professor Oak
    http://prntscr.com/cnqrfk

nice o bro

it worked fine, but the mini-sprite is wrong

unown-c didn't have this issue, the only two unown I had

EDIT:
    (15:21) fitzy: are you on the latest version
    (15:21) fitzy: p.sure the safari bug you posted is related to that
    (15:22) fitzy: they are all messed up for the different versions
    (15:57) Professor Oak: that might be it then, I'm still on 2.6.20, not 21

EDIT 2:
    http://prntscr.com/cnsxl3

That isn't the issue, it still looks like an unown-n

(I sold my own unown-o, which is why I had to bestow)

Last edited: Sep 29, 2016
  22. IceKirby

PO Trainer Name:
    RiceKirby
    There was a version that was released twice (not sure if 2.6.20 or .21), one had sprites fixed, but the other didn't. You can try checking if this is your case by opening the file db\pokes\icons.zip on your PO folder and checking if the Unown icons (number 201) are in the right order (201-1 should be B, 201-2 should be C, etc).

23. Professor Oak

PO Trainer Name:
    Professor Oak
    201-5 is !, 201-18 is ?.

This explains the offset by one for O. I also bestowed an Unown-T to myself, and it displayed as Unown-R, being offset by 2, which also supports what you said.

At least I know the issue is with the client and not Safari now.

EDIT: Manually renamed the files accurately and restarted PO - everything works fine now. I imagine this'll be fixed with the next client release.

Last edited: Sep 29, 2016
  24. Yttrium

Yttrium Active Member Developer Developer

PO Trainer Name:
    Yttrium
    (16:00:52) ±Tauros: Arena Clerk: You need to pay an entry fee in order to challenge but you will get some Silver Coins if you manage to win! Type /quest arena:help! for more details!

This is technically isn't true for Trainer Nub and the mirror trainer.

Rice Edit: (18:59:29) ±Tauros: You rewarded yttrium with 5 Silver Coins!

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 12, 2016
  25. Mattster321

Mattster321 New Member

Not sure where to put this but

(19:16:21) ±Tauros: Reward sets for Pokémon Race:
    (19:16:21) ±Tauros: Set 1: 8 Gachapon Tickets for Underdog, 3 Gachapon Tickets for Favorite, 5 Gachapon Tickets for others
    (19:16:21) ±Tauros: Set 2: 13 Hugs for Underdog, 7 Hugs for Favorite, 10 Hugs for others
    (19:16:21) ±Tauros: Set 3: 4 Pearls for Underdog, 2 Pearls for Favorite, 3 Pearls for others
    (19:16:21) ±Tauros: Set 4: 70 Candy Dusts for Underdog, 40 Candy Dusts for Favorite, 50 Candy Dusts for others
    (19:16:21) ±Tauros: Set 5: 6 Silver Coins for Underdog, 3 Silver Coins for Favorite, 4 Silver Coins for others
    (19:16:21) ±Tauros: Set 6: 6 Luxury Balls for Underdog, 3 Luxury Balls for Favorite, 4 Luxury Balls for others
    (19:16:21) ±Tauros: Set 7: 6 Spy Balls for Underdog, 3 Spy Balls for Favorite, 4 Spy Balls for others
    (19:16:21) ±Tauros: Set 8: 6 Clone Balls for Underdog, 3 Clone Balls for Favorite, 4 Clone Balls for others
    (19:16:21) ±Tauros: Set 9: 6 Luxury Balls for Underdog, 3 Luxury Balls for Favorite, 4 Luxury Balls for others
    (19:16:21) ±Tauros: Set 10: 5 Quick Balls for Underdog, 2 Quick Balls for Favorite, 3 Quick Balls for others
    (19:16:21) ±Tauros: Set 11: 5 Myth Balls for Underdog, 2 Myth Balls for Favorite, 3 Myth Balls for others
    (19:16:21) ±Tauros: Set 12: 6 Gachapon Tickets

I like #6 and #9 the best

Rice Edit: (19:03:48) ±Tauros: You rewarded volcarona with 5 Silver Coins!

26. Mestre Nando

Mestre Nando Member

PO Trainer Name:
    Mestre Nando
    (14:38:42) ±Tauros: Alchemist: Yo yo yo yo yo. Less blow stuff up Princess Fluffybutt!
    (14:38:42) ±Tauros: A bright circle appears in the room. The room starts to fill with a sparkling mist but it quickly disappates to reveal 1 Rock.
    (14:38:42) ±Tauros: You received 1 Rock.

I think you mean "dissipates"?

Rice Edit: (19:04:32) ±Tauros: You rewarded mestre nando with 30 Candy Dusts!

27. beforedawn

beforedawn Active Member

±Tauros: 307. A photo of a Bug-type Pokémon meditating (Score: 32 | Deadline: 2 days, 22 hours)

only psychic pokemon can meditate
    there are no bug-psychic pokemon

Rice Edit: (19:05:11) ±Tauros: You rewarded beforedawn. with 1 Egg!

28. IceKirby

PO Trainer Name:
    RiceKirby
    Yet. Oops, did I just leak Gen 7 info?

Jokes aside, ask some Safari auth to /dqphoto 307. I will fix the code later.

29. Zoroark

PO Trainer Name:
    SkyPhoenix / Zoroark
    (15:37:20) ±Tauros: You took a photo of a calm Vullaby flapping their wings in a Default environment during the evening (Quality: Poor)! [Delete]
    (15:37:20) ±Tauros: You can still take 0 photos!
    Uhm, shouldn't it be "You can take no more photos! / You can't take any more photos! Delete some pictures!"
    I mean I'm just following the logic of /favorite ball thing, which literally says you have no more balls of the one you chose.
    Also no idea where to put this :x so I put it here.

Rice Edit: (19:30:54) ±Tauros: You rewarded rikkun with 30 Candy Dusts!

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 15, 2016
  30. Troller

Troller Lucky and Bad

PO Trainer Name:
    Troller
    (13:39:05) ±Tauros: 372. A photo of a Dragon-type Pokémon that can learn Brave Bird in Default environment with quality at least Perfect (Score: 48 | Deadline: 2 days, 23 hours)

There isn't a Dragon type that can learn Brave Bird, not even Mega Pokémon

Another impossible request
    (20:35:39) ±Tauros: 509. A photo of a Black Pokémon that can learn Lock-On with quality at least Superb (Score: 23 | Deadline: 2 days, 23 hours)

Rice Edit: (19:31:47) ±Tauros: You rewarded Troller with 1 Egg!

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 15, 2016
  31. fitzy

Nerfed pokemon in horde rooms are ignored by the automatic selection of the A pokemon still.

Rice Edit: (20:59:53) ±Tauros: You rewarded fitzy with 5 Silver Coins!

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 7, 2016
    Joeypals!! likes this.
  32. Zoroark

PO Trainer Name:
    SkyPhoenix / Zoroark
    (21:01:57) ±Tauros: Zony11 is going to look for a clue at the Table!
    (21:01:57) ±Tauros: Rikkun is going to look for a clue at the Corner!
    (21:01:57) ±Tauros: khaloss is going to look for a clue at the Chair!
    (21:02:00) Hedylogos: Phatli*
    (21:02:00) ±Tauros: Find the password (Pokémon name) to open the door!
    (21:02:00) ±Tauros: Look for clues at: [A] /pyr Chair, /pyr Puddle, [C] /pyr Barrel, [D] /pyr Sword, [E] /pyr Table, [F] /pyr Crate, [G] /pyr Wall, [H] /pyr Chest, /pyr Floor, [J] /pyr Torch, [K] /pyr Rock, [L] /pyr Statue, [M] /pyr Chains, [N] /pyr Corner, [O] /pyr Coffin
    (21:02:01) ±Tauros: Rikkun is already going to look for clues at the Corner! Look somewhere else!
    Wouldn't it be more appropriate if it said: "You are already going to look for clues at the corner!" (Or whatever better wording that fits here). Shouldn't say "Look somewhere else!" cause its me not another person.

Rice Edit: (20:59:53) ±Tauros: You rewarded Zoroark with 30 Candy Dusts!

33. mibuchiha

PO Trainer Name:
    mibuchiha
    lolk.png

Exactly 2 same requests, shouldn't be there no?

34. Zoroark

PO Trainer Name:
    SkyPhoenix / Zoroark
    (21:15:35) ±Tauros: To look for more than one paramater, use && (e.g.: '/find region johto && duplicate 3' to look for Pokémon from Johto that you have 3 copies)
    Shouldn't it say this instead?
    (21:15:35) ±Tauros: To look for more than one paramater, use && (e.g.: '/find region johto && duplicate 3' to look for Pokémon from Johto that you have 3 copies of)
    I have the feeling this is how it should go, grammar wise.

Rice Edit: (20:59:53) ±Tauros: You rewarded Zoroark with 30 Candy Dusts!

35. Zoroark

PO Trainer Name:
    SkyPhoenix / Zoroark
    Noticed some particular error that happens at a specific situation.
    [​IMG]
    In all other places of Pyr it shows as "Shiny Magnezone" but in this particular one, it shows as "Shiny magnezone" notice the m instead of M, not sure if it applies for other shinies, but this is quite a curious observation.

36. Yttrium

PO Trainer Name:
    Yttrium
    Did you type in "/pyr Shiny magnezone"?

37. Zoroark

PO Trainer Name:
    SkyPhoenix / Zoroark
    Nope, I click the commands instead of typing them.

38. Yttrium

PO Trainer Name:
    Yttrium
    Spelling/Grammar stuffs

(22:03:16) Soothe Bell: A bell with a comforting chime that calms the owner and their Pokémon. Reduces delay after a successful catch by 0.7000000000000001% (Max Rate: 21%). Obtained from Gachapon.

This looks super ugly, please truncate.

The Gachapon machine spits an old-looking capsule. After some trouble to open it, you find a mysterious Comet Shard.
    I find the bolded phrasing really awkward, "After some trouble opening it" sounds better.

Beeeeeeeeeeeeeep!! Your Itemfinder lets out a high pitched noise as you pass by a strange shard. After analyzing it for a while, you realize the object is not from this world and decide to pick it.
    Pick it up? It's a Comet Shard, not your nose.

Rice Edit: (00:31:40) ±Tauros: You rewarded yttrium with 100 Candy Dusts!

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 11, 2016
    Zoroark likes this.
  39. fitzy

Ball Fragment: A fragment of a broken Pokéball. Collecting 5 is said to be enough to form a Master Ball! Obtained from Itemfinder and when obtaining a Master Ball while having one already.

Can be obtained from prize packs. Same with comets itemhelp I believe.

40. Zoroark

PO Trainer Name:
    SkyPhoenix / Zoroark
    I think Rice forgot to add a definition for comet shard, cause I typed: /itemhelp Comet Shard
    and this is what came out:
    (10:25:22) *** Item Help ***
    (10:25:22) Valuables: The items Pearl, Stardust, Big Pearl, Star Piece, Nugget, Big Nugget and Comet Shard can be sold for a varying amount of money. Sell with "/pawn [Item]". Obtained from Gachapon, found with Itemfinder, and rewarded from Contests. (In this case, either using /itemhelp comet or /itemhelp Shard displays this very same message)
    Tried with /itemhelp comet shards
    (10:24:52) ±Tauros: comet shards is either an invalid item or no help string is defined!

Moderators: Fuzzysqurl, IceKirby