1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Guest, PO has ceased our separate tiering and adopted Smogon tiers for SM. More information and updates here.

Dismiss Notice

[News] In the news today...

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Samphire, May 26, 2016.

1. Samphire

Samphire Too much hard work!

So, I thought I would start a new thing! On news!

This thread serves as a place we can discuss the news headlines of the day. Each day I will post a general roundup of stories we can discuss however that does not stop you bringing up your own news stories of the day too!

Some general guidelines:
    • Try if you can to link to a reputable news source if you are bringing up a new story of your own for other people to read and discuss.
    • As it is the news, there may be some topics that might be quite sensitive or hard hitting. As a result, discussion needs to be mature, and rational.
    • This is for news stories - not a recap of what went on in your day.
    • Try to stick to world news, or if it is a more local story, try to choose something which has a general theme or point of general discussion to it.
    • Please stick to stories that have broken or have major developments on that particular day.
    • There will obviously be some topics that will divide the crowd, so to speak. Please keep things civil and be respectful of others' views. This does not mean you can't voice your own, though.

Joeypals!! likes this.
  2. Samphire

3. Samphire

4. Professor Oak

Professor Oak same Forum Administrator Server Owner Social Media Rep Forum Administrator Server Owner Social Media Rep

PO Trainer Name:
    Professor Oak