1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Guest, PO has ceased our separate tiering and adopted Smogon tiers for SM. More information and updates here.

Dismiss Notice

PO Profile: Mahnmut

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Mahnmut, May 31, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mahnmut

Mahnmut Member Forum Moderator Server Administrator Forum Moderator Server Administrator

PO Trainer Name:
    Mahnmut
    I was supposed to create this yesterday, but I forgot.

So, evidently, I am Mahnmut.
    That's not my real name ofcourse. It's a character from a book I rather like. My real name is just Bren.
    I have just turned 24 a week ago and I'm a guy living in Belgium.
    In a few weeks, I'll be graduating officially as a doctor and starting as a general practicionner.
    In about the same few weeks, I'll be leaving the parental home and starting living on my own (together with my girlfriend).

I have a few hobbies, besides being a doctor. Playing the piano, watching too much anime (you all tend to have shit taste), reading sci-fi dystopian shit, playing games on my 3DS, getting yelled at by my girlfriend for having too many hobbies...

How did I get entangled in the world of Pokémon...
    I think I was like 5-6 years old. My brother and I got Red and Blue for the brick GameBoy and since then I was hooked, really. I've been playing every generation and game (except Platinum and Emerald) since. Not really sure which I liked most; not that it matters.

I've been on PO for... a long time. I actually don't remember when exactly. It must have been somewhere in April-June 2010. I found out about PO through the shithole that is /vp/. So for a few months, I just lurked and battled on the beta server. Eventually started actively talking and somehow, I had a positive influence on the chat. I got contacted by Zeroality to help Nixeagle out with his project of creating a battling AI: Shanai. My job was nothing special, I assure you. It was basically just controlling the functions of Shanai. Then, Shanai also got implemented in the Tournaments channel, making me also a MegaUser.
    After a while, pretty sure I literally just asked if I could become a moderator so I could help even more and tadaa! And a few months after that, administrator. And some years after that, SuperAdmin.
    My job was/is basically just talking on the main channels and being a positive influence on the chat. Though honestly, I've been talking less recently due to life. Also handling the disciplinary committee, but others have been more frequent at that than me.

Apparently, in the staff channels on PO, I'm known for my random bursts of medical stories that happened to me. Funny stories, disgusting stories, stories that make you want to murder patients... I could always tell a few in here, if people are interested. The problem is, I have so many stories, it's difficult to just pick one. Mentioning a subject would help.

Shoutouts, do these still happen?
    If anything, only shoutouts I would actively do are for Wriggle Nightbug and RockyRd for hunting with me on Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate a lot. And Nicehat aswell for anime shit.

I might still edit shit, but just ask stuff and I'll answer most likely.

2. Zoroark

Zoroark Aka Flare Forum Moderator Server Moderator Forum Moderator Server Moderator

PO Trainer Name:
    SkyPhoenix / Zoroark
    Goedemorgen sir (It's clearly 10:30 am by the time im posting this lol)
    Also Gefeliciteerd on your PO Profile Man.
    K questions time:

1) What gave you the inspiration to get inmersed into the world of Medicine?
    2) Did you have any other choices in mind before picking General Practitioning?
    3) Do you plan on going for bigger things like Founding your own Medical Center/Hospital?
    4) If someone gave you the power to find a Definitive cure for a dangerous illness, which one would you find a cure for?
    5) Do you believe that nano-technology will be successful in the cure of many health problems in the future?
    6) The fact that I've had two seizures in my entire life (One in July and the other one around october of last year) means that I have epilepsy? Or was it triggered by bad sleep habits/Stress?
    Okay non medicine related questions now:
    7) What is your favorite Pokémon?
    8) Favorite music genre?
    9) Can you please post at least one of your most funny stories in your PO Profile? Preferably stuff related to Sexuality (As long as its not NSFW?)
    10) If I were visiting Belgium and you could take me to any famous touristic place there, which one would it be?
    11) Do you like Cars? If so, what is your favorite Car?
    12) If you could change things in order to bring PO back to its glory days, what would it be?
    (That's all I have in mind cause im really hungry and can't think properly :s)

Veel dank for reading this.
    EDIT: Smelle ur really bad :v

Last edited: Jun 2, 2016
  3. Edna

Edna Chasing the Dragon Forum Moderator Forum Moderator

PO Trainer Name:
    Edna
    Hi Doctor :v
    Cool profile!
    Don't have that much of questions but i'll try asking the more I can:
    - Do you play any instruments?
    - What motivated you to do medicine at first?
    - If PO ends, would you think of it as time well spent or time wasted?
    - Since you live in Belgium, do you actually talk french?
    - What is the country you liked visiting the most?
    - What was the worst case you had to deal with during your medical career?
    - What do you think of me as User/Moderator?
    - Is there anything, we auth and channel staff, can do currently to make PO better?
    - What is the thing you're the most ashamed of?

I'll stop there ^_^

4. Mahnmut

Mahnmut Member Forum Moderator Server Administrator Forum Moderator Server Administrator

PO Trainer Name:
    Mahnmut
    1) I'm not sure. I have been incredibly interested in medicine since the age of 6. I think the idea of wanting to help people is my nature.
    2) Nope, always wanted to do GP since I was 6. My mind never even tried changing.
    3) I'm not an ambitious man whatsoever. I'll just work in my (or my colleague's) practice.
    4) Honestly, one of the most devestating things is a cerebral infarction. But you can't "cure" that. Sure, you can improve the outcome with revalidation, but you'll never recover completely. So, not really a cure but... finding a 100% way of preventing shit like that would be nice.
    Also, cancer. Because who doesn't love cancer.
    5) Depends on the definition of nano-technology, I guess. Some immunomodulators already work kinda similar, albeit very specific.
    6) Well, assuming they scanned you and did the shitload of tests but didn't find anything special, then you do have epilepsy. Epileptic seizures can happen due to bad sleep habits and stress though. But still epilepsy.

7) Metagross yo.
    8) Don't really have a favourite music genre. I am impartial to most. I like stuff like Yiruma though ("Loanna", "Kiss The Rain", "Love Hurts". Or some orchestra stuff ("Ross Roy", "Crescent Moon Dance". Also really like "The Heart Asks Pleasure First".

9) Okay, lets see...
    On gynaecology, this timid young woman and man enter the consultation room. They look very... "marginalised". And have an incredibly heavy accent (think of rednecks). The woman complaints she's having some weird discharge and sex is kinda painful. In the clinical examination, we see a very typical yeast infection. So we explain what's wrong and we prescribe an antifungal ointment.
    CUE FOR THE BOYFRIEND IN A LOUD OBNOXIOUS REDNECK VOICE: "Yo Doc! I'd like to know this! If she uses that, can I still eat her pussay?". We adviced not to.

10) I guess Bruges is pretty famous for tourists. My girlfriend lives there so we hate the tourists though. There's also always Brussels with Manneken Pies and the Atomium. And Ghent has a big castle (Gravensteen) in the middle of a very busy city.
    11) Impartial. I just like it when it's drivable. But I guess I like Mitshubishi.
    12) A working webclient and working google playstore. A better metagame than Smogon's.

5. Mahnmut

PO Trainer Name:
    Mahnmut
    1) Pretty sure I already said I play the piano. A picture even circulates of me playing it. I don't play anything else though.
    2) See previous message.
    3) Well spent, really. I'd miss quite some people. And I liked helping and bringing order.
    4) Ofcourse I speak French aswell.
    5) I haven't visited that many countries, but I loved Crete (Greece) due to my education in ancient greek.

6) Old woman entered the ER. She had bit of a pain in her abdomen and she had periods of reduced consciousness. The pain has been going on for a couple of days, but the reduced consciousness was very recent. Anamnesis and clinical exam don't give us any clues what's wrong. Only thing we notice is she saying she hasn't defecated for 5 days and we feel like a hard ball in the lower right abdomen. So we assume she's just constipated aswell, which explains the painful abdomen. While I'm examining and taking an arterial blood sample, her 2 daughter start bitching how I'm too young and I should bring my superiour... (I just calmly explain). Anyway, I ask my superiour if I could have an ultrasound of the abdomen aswell. He agrees, but first he wants a CT scan of the brain. Evidently, we need to rule out cerebral infarction first.
    CT happens, completely normal. Suddenly, the woman's blood pressure drops rapidly, her heart rate shoots up, she doesn't react to us anymore, her right arm and leg just flop down, her right iris doesn't react to light anymore... We get her through fine, but we have no idea what happened. 30 minutes later, same things happens; EXCEPT it's the left side now. Neurologist joins us in this conundrum. Suddenly, again the hypotension and tachycardia, but now she's doing a seizure. By this time, we have no fucking clue what is happening. My superiour and the neurologist think about doing another CT scan of the brain. I ask what about the ultrasound of the abdomen? He says "good idea, we'll CT scan the abdomen aswell".
    And then we see the culprit: the woman had a ruptured aneurysm of her right iliac artery (remember the hart ball I felt?) and she's was bleeding to death internally.
    She is rushed to surgery. Cardiac arrest before she reaches the table. Reanimated succesfully. Surgery repairs the aneurysm.
    The aftermath: shock-liver, pneumothorax due to broken ribs (due to reanimation), rhabdomyolisis due to reanimation, kidney failure, acute respiratory distress syndrome due to cardiac arrest.
    She died a few days later.

7) I don't know, but I see you're active a lot!
    8) I guess my advice would be to be a positive influence in the channels you're in.
    9) I'm not actually going to respond to that. I did something years ago of which I'm incredibly ashamed. But telling it would make me seem like a heartless monster.

6. Joyverse

Joyverse Back for a blast!

PO Trainer Name:
    Joyverse
    Ohai Dr.Mahn, since am on my phone rn, I'll be short.
    1)You said you have antimetropia, what is it again?
    2)Paracetemol tablets master race vs. Cold and flu.Y/N?
    3)Do you have to have very long fingers to play the piano?
    4)Opinions on side channels?

7. Mahnmut

PO Trainer Name:
    Mahnmut
    1) Being near- and farsighted at the same time, basically. My right eye is farsighted, my left eye is nearsighted.
    2) Not sure what the actual question is. Paracetamol is great, yes. People suck at taking it correctly though.
    3) You don't HAVE to, but it helps. I actually have very long fingers.
    4) I never got into side channels (besides tournaments and shanai), so can't really have an opinion about them. I do think Safari and Mafia are/were complicated.

Joyverse likes this.
  8. Professor Oak

Professor Oak same Forum Administrator Server Owner Social Media Rep Forum Administrator Server Owner Social Media Rep

PO Trainer Name:
    Professor Oak
    More storytime with Mahnmut y/n/br?
    Best moderator -> admin -> super admin of Tohjo in history: Professor Oak, Mahnmut or Strudels?
    Who would be your top 3 favourite people from PO throughout your entire time on it?
    Who would be your top 3 favourite authority members from PO throughout your entire time on it, assuming it isn't the same as the former question?
    Funny medical story about an anus or bowels please, just to keep people amused (read: I am a child).

Not a question, but ily mahn :> in a totally "you're cool" way, not a "I would like to bone you" way.

Zoroark likes this.
  9. Blitzamirin

Blitzamirin Waluigi! Number one!

PO Trainer Name:
    Blitz
    One of my oldest friends and inspirations when I first started out. I loved spending hours of a day just talking with you and the others about random stories and stuff throughout our time on PO. Was such a long time ago but it meant a ton, so thanks for that.

Question I guess would be any advice for those students / people who are currently looking into the medical field (citing me as an example)?

10. Mahnmut

PO Trainer Name:
    Mahnmut
    1) I don't mind more storytime.
    2) Wouldn't it technically by you, Oak? I mean, you actually got further than SuperAdmin. And Strudels is better than me aswell, he actually got promoted due to his technical expertise iirc. My main feature is... being able to be online and talk.
    3) That's a very difficult question. I guess right now, it would be RockyRd, Wriggle Nightbug and Nicehat, but of all my time on PO? I can't even remember all the names of the people I met. I guess in general, it would have been all the Shanai Admins back in the day.
    4) I guess Lamperi was/is pretty cool, though we like never talked. JinOfTheGale had a bad name as a mod, but he and I actually got a long nicely. Same for Wriggle Nightbug. Vietpride was cool too. Ethan. Shit why is everyone gone. I'm actually missing them now. It's more than 3 though...
    5) Young woman arrives on ER. She looks a bit... off. As in, psychiatric patient. Anyway, she says she has a lot of stomach pain. Somehow, we decided to do an xray of the abdomen (not really according to the guidelines, but whatever). Before we got the results, she's saying she might have shoved something up her ass. Because that's always fun. Anyway, on the xray, we see indeed something weird in the rectum. But we also see like coins and toy cars in her colon.
    Now... it's in her colon. You can't shove things up your colon. She must have eaten those about a week ago.

My girlfriend had something similar with a patient. Except it was a (straight) middleaged man. He said he tried to please himself anally with a screwdriver. And that he put it in too far and can't reach it. He tried using a dildo to get it out. Evidently, the screwdriver was up even higher and he managed to lose the dildo aswell.
    The weird thing is, he put the pointy end of the screwdriver first. Not the handle.

Why do you not want to bone me, I'm sad now.

Yeah it's been a long time indeed.
    Thanks by the way for the help for my username on PS.

I think almost anyone could follow a medical career, assuming you don't mind studying a lot and for a long time. However, it's a very tasking job if you want to do it correctly. Very hard to have a social life, very hard to have a relationship. And you need a lot of patience because patients (lol pun) tend to be idiots.
    As for the actual studying... I think I'd suggest to not learn every detail by heart. You just need to learn the bigger picture around everything. And, if your uni doesn't teach it, try to get useful communication skills. A correct communication-consultation could make so much of a difference, even with difficult patients.

E.T., Edna, Blitzamirin and 2 others like this.
  11. Celestial Phantom

Celestial Phantom YAHA

Hey Mahn, grats on the profile, you are one of the true unsung heroes of PO to the people. Always just being there and doing stuff normally, even if it isn't in the biggest capacity. Well deserved that the PO world can know who Mahn is. Anyway:

1) Do you do any sports for fun or something as part of your hobbies? I felt like I asked this a long time ago, but I can't remember right now.
    2) Since people around here have shit taste in anime, what's some of the worst you've seen people talk about or suggest that made you go, "God damnit, why that one?"
    3) Can I hear a story about you wanting to murder a patient?
    4) Easiest day you've ever had treating someone that would normally be considered somewhat tough? I.E. Treating someone going a lot smoother than you would expect it to.
    5) What animes you watching right now?
    6) Do you play any other instruments besides the piano?
    7) Why the piano? Is it just because you are good at helping out others, and that's exactly what the piano is able to accomplish in bands, orchestras, singing?
    8) What are your goals personally as a doctor? And no, answering making sure people don't die is not acceptable, because that's the go to vague answer. I mean like travel somewhere to doctor if the chance comes up, or like become some resident or superior eventually at some hospital etc.
    9) What's been your favorite part about spending your time on PO these last 6 years?
    10) Recommend an anime for everyone that reads your profile and questions that they should watch because it's honest to god one of the best things you've ever seen.

12. Mahnmut

PO Trainer Name:
    Mahnmut
    Thanks for the compliments. Helping out and being in the background at the same time is what I do best.

1) I used to play soccer A LOT. Didn't have the chance to anymore when I joined uni. Then I just jogged back and to uni. But now even that is gone. I should pick up soccer again, despite it being dangerous due to my hyperlaxity.
    2) Besides Naruto? And Sword Art Online? I think mainly those two. There's more overrated shit, but those 2 are the biggest offenders.

3) My last patient ever on ER, an obese young woman with "asthma". She came to ER because she had "an asthma attack". She was just hyperventilating. And she was very obviously psychologically unstable: "At night, I see my dead brother next to me and he tells me it's alright. Really!" Anyway, I briefed the pneumology assistant about her. The assistant goes in her room for a while. She exits and beckons me to her: "What the fuck is up with that patient. I told her I'll be taking an arterial blood sample and she started insulting me in the worst way possible." I'm pretty good at communication and arterial punctions, so I proposed that I should try taking the sample. The assistant agrees, happy to be rid of her.
    Anyway, I enter the patient's room, I talk to her for like 20 minutes, persuading to let me try once. As I'm doing the punction (admittedly, always painful), she starts screaming like a pig, crying like a newborn, yelling things like "Why are you doing this to me!?!?!? You said you would only try once!!!! HEEEEEEEEEEEELP" etc.
    I gave the blood sample to the assistant, she congratulated me and I bolted out of the ER.

4) Well like I said, arterial blood samples in general. When I was interning internal medicine, I was actually teaching all the other interns how to perform it. And if they were having trouble with it, they would call me.
    Also stitching in general is something I'm good at. I've stitched a lot of shit.
    5) Right now, Kiznaiver, Joker Game, Big Order. Also downloaded and ready to watch: Bungou Stray Dogs, Flying Witch, Asterisk 2nd season, Sakamoto desu ga.
    6) Nope, thought about the saxophone, but decided not to.
    7) My dad plays the piano aswell all the time, so I've been seeing him play it since I was born. But helping other instruments out as a piano is fun too, yeah.
    8) I'm not an ambitious man whatsoever. I'll just work in my (or my colleague's) practice as a GP. I assume "residents" are the "assistants" here. GP's-in-training have a different state here.
    9) Actually, probably just moderating lol.
    10) I really like the -monogatari series, but that's not for everyone whatsoever. Neon Genesis Evangelion is a classic but can be interpreted as pretentious. Same for Serial Experiments Lain...
    So some I'd recommend: Steins;gate, Tasogare Otome x Amnesia, Shinsekai Yori, Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso, Danshi Koukousei no Nichijou, Oda Nobuna no Yabou.

13. Domo Genesis

Domo Genesis Member

PO Trainer Name:
    Domo Genesis
    you an og bro

14. Nicehat

Nicehat PO client damage calc: preview.tinyurl.com/o8e7hss

Anime shit here ' -'

How did you meet and start going out with your girlfriend? Also on an unrelated note where would you be without our incredibly accurate relationship advice?

Considering how Medaka Box manga was basically just a huge continuous troll by NisiOisiN, stopping the anime right after teasing the minus arc was the most faithful adaptation possible y/y

You like music performances and you like anime, so why won't you watch anime concerts??

Why is Arcana Famaglia your favourite anime of all time?

wtf is a superadmin ( ´_ゝ`)

Can I hear a story about a time you wanted to murder another user on PO? Thanks

PS: Netoge is AOTS and you should watch it

15. Mahnmut

PO Trainer Name:
    Mahnmut
    What is an og bro?

1) She was having having a lot of troubles with her partner for her thesis. She needed to ventilate to someone, so she started sitting next to me in class. And we got to know eachother better and better, meeting up outside of school etc. One day, after watching How To Tame Your Dragon, I told her I was in love with her etc.
    The incredibly accurate relationship advice was actually really needed. Looking back, it was obvious she was in love with me. But I'm a stubborn ass and didn't want to accept that possibility. So I'm glad I did listen to you guys.
    2) It might indeed work as a giant troll but... Come on! The best arcs would just fucking start but gainax a shit.
    3) My power level is too low. And honestly, I don't like concerts in general. They take too long.
    4) Arcana Famaglia is the worst tripe. We did I even finish that goddamn shit.
    5) Admin with some owner commands. For example, I can clear passwords.
    6) There are too many to tell. It happens often that a user wants explanation of something and they want to do their best at NOT understanding it. I think all auth has had this happen (or see me post full logs of the user being a retard).
    7) PS: I don't think I ever see anyone even talk about that anime.

16. Joyverse

Joyverse Back for a blast!

PO Trainer Name:
    Joyverse
    Yeah so, I have more questions for you.
    1)Does your colour blindness ever affect your job?
    2)All patients are annoying one time or the other, what kinda patients do you like having around? Speaking of the age demographic, do you like with infants, toddlers. teens, adults, or old people?
    3)Have you always wanted to be a GP? If not, would you ever like to specialize in something?

4) RED or GREEN. Can you make out the colours? XP

5)I had a brain surgery once, do you have any nice story about people with accidents/diseases concerning the brain? :3
    6)Do you watch hentai? Any opinions on it?
    7)Do you have any interest in manga?
    8)What is your most favourite pokemon competitively and aesthetically, least?
    9)Have you read any of Sidney Sheldon's books? Any opinions if you did?

17. Mahnmut

PO Trainer Name:
    Mahnmut
    1) Sometimes. It's difficult for me to see vague red spots on the skin. Also can't see the colours of veins whatsoever.
    2) Infants are fun. Toddlers and teens are often very annoying. Old people can be relaxing aswell.
    3) Yep, always wanted to be a GP.
    4) I can, due to it being a very light green and dark red.

5) 59-year old (healthy) GP called an ambulance because he was feeling very weird and ill. He arrived at our hospital but already lost consciousness in the ambulance. Not reacting to anything at all. Pupils not reacting either.
    In CT scan, we see a massive hemorrhage in the cerebellum, creating a pressure on the brain stem.
    Some days later in ICU, they "harvested" his organs (with consent of the family) and he died.

6) No, it's silly.
    7) Yeah, but most things that I do read are just shit. Except Oyasumi Punpun, that was nice.
    8) Metagross favourite; Seel least.
    9) Nope. According to Wikipedia, he didn't write books I'd read either.

Joyverse likes this.
  18. La.Melle2402

La.Melle2402 I'm the bone of my sword

Why you talk german with the belgium guy

Sasuke Uchiha likes this.
  19. RockyRd

RockyRd bap

Why is gl so shitty?
    Why don't you use evade gl with regios gl in 4u?
    Do you even have any good charms in 4u?
    What are the most fingers you've had to stick up someone's ass for work? If you had to put them all in how far?
    When are you going to write weird girl a song on piano with lyrics?
    Why is orange such a bad color?
    Is weird girl pregnant?
    How many kids do you want?
    Would you perfer a boy or girl?
    When is the wedding?
    Are we all invited?
    How much do your in laws like you?
    How accurate would you say this quote is, "she's drooling on me and taking my pants off i don't think she likes me" -johnidel127
    tell me about monogatari, specifically the latest thing thats going to be adopted into an anime, full detail
    What do you think about people that use crunchyroll and feel like theyre better than people that pirate because they pay for a shitty service that makes you watch ads and not be able to read the subs half the time?

20. Mahnmut

PO Trainer Name:
    Mahnmut
    1) Shut up, gunlance best lance. And weapon. Most ROMAN.
    2) I still haven't made the entire evade gunlance set.
    3) Not really.
    4) Just my right index, it's all I need. And I always put my finger all the way in, ofcourse. If you're already in there, might aswell take a good look around to not miss shit (lol pun).
    5) Never; I can't write for shit nor create music for shit.
    6) It's the best colour, assuming I'm actually seeing it correctly; which I probably am not.
    7) Not as far as I know.
    8) I don't have a certain amount that I want. The girlfriend wanted zero kids, but being with me made her want 1.
    9) Doesn't matter.
    10) Not planned yet.
    11) I don't know, would you even be all able to come to Belgium?
    12) They seem to like me a lot. But her dad is goddamn annoying.
    13) Seems like something I would have said some time ago.
    14) I'm lazy so I googled it:
    Mayoi Hell

Araragi heads for school to take the college entrance exam. Before going to school, he visits the Kitashirahebi Shrine, hoping to meet Kagenui Yozuru. Kagenui has been missing for a month. Before he knows it, he is standing in front of Hachikuji Mayoi. Araragi is extremely happy to see Hachikuji, but he is also confused since she was supposed have passed on to the afterlife after the event of Shinobu Time. Hachikuji explains that this is because Araragi himself is in the afterlife. He is in the lowest level of Hell, Avīci. Araragi then remembers what happened the morning of the college entrance exam. He went to the shrine, and saw Gaen Izuko there. Gaen cut him into pieces with the Kokorowatari, killing him. The reason why Araragi went to Hell is because he saved a vampire, Kiss-shot, back in spring break, which is considered one of the worst crimes. Hachikuji is in Hell as well because dying before her parents is also considered a crime punishable in Hell. The sentence for Hachikuji’s crime is very light, so she resides in the uppermost level of Hell. Hachikuji came down to Avīci in order to escort Araragi, because she knew he would end up here.

The Hell currently has the appearance of Araragi’s town, and they are in the park. Hachikuji takes Araragi to meet someone. On the way, they encounter past events replayed in front of them, including the injured and bleeding Kiss-shot on the street, the falling Senjougahara, and Sengoku Nadeko hastily running down the stairs of Kitashirahebi Shrine. Seeing these visions and looking back at the people Araragi has helped, he comes to the realization even if he chose not to help those people, another person would have helped them eventually. During spring break, Kiss-shot could have been saved by her former servant Seishirou, who was slowly recovering in the shrine. Senjougahara’s weightlessness would have been solved by Kaiki Deishu while he was in town. However, Araragi realizes that despite knowing this, he would still have chosen to help those people if he could redo his past.

They arrive at a place that appears to be the Kitashirahebi Shrine. To Araragi’s surprise, he finds Tadatsuru Teori waiting for them there. Teori was supposedly killed by Ononoki Yotsugi during Yotsugi Doll, but Teori has actually been dead long before that. After creating Ononoki along with others in the occult circle back in college, Teori was inpsired to make himself an Oddity and become immortal. This was a forbidden ritual, and he failed, dying in the process. However the ritual didn’t completely fail and he gained the ability to control “dolls" from the afterworld. The one that Ononoki “killed” was simply one of his dolls. Gaen and Teori has been in contact with each other through his doll, and Gaen has been communicating with Hachikuji through Teori. Teori explains to Araragi that Gaen killed Araragi with Kokorogatari, and plans to resurrect him with Yumewatari, while Teori takes out the vampire traits from Araragi. This way, Araragi will revive as a full human.

Even though Teori had been outside of Gaen’s influence, he started to keep in touch with Gaen recently. Some time ago, Teori was contacted by Oshino Meme. Meme had predicted the various turn of events, so he told Teori that someone might contact Teori to kill Araragi and Shinobu in the near future. If that ever happens, Meme wanted Teori to set aside his past grudges, and contact Gaen. When Meme’s prediction came true, Teori decided to follow Meme's suggestion. Gaen and Teori decided that it was best to feign ignorance to avoid raising any suspicions by the “enemy”. So Teori pretended to follow the request to kill Araragi, and got himself, (or rather his doll), “killed” by Ononoki on purpose. Only Gaen and Meme knows about this secret. Everything was an intricate plan to defeat the “enemy”.

A rope comes down from the sky, which upon closer inspection is a tail of a snake. Gaen has dropped it down to Hell in order to bring Araragi back to life. As Araragi is being pulled back up, he instinctively grabs Hachikuji, dragging her back up as well. Before they leave Hell, Teori reveals to Araragi that the “enemy” they are fighting against is Oshino Ougi. Araragi is back at the shrine, and he sees Shinobu in her full Kiss-shot form wrapping her hands around Gaen’s neck. When Araragi was killed, the pairing between him and Shinobu was completely severed, causing Shinobu to transform back to her former self. Shinobu was planning to kill Gaen if Gaen failed to resurrect Araragi. Seeing as how Araragi is back safely, she releases Gaen. Gaen is shocked that Araragi brought Hachikuji with him, but she is also glad that he did. Gaen says all of the necessary pieces are set, and she is ready for counterattack. Araragi realizes that less than two minutes have passed since he was sent to Hell, so he heads to school for the college entrance exam.

Hitagi Rendezvous

Araragi finishes his entrance exam, and goes home. He finds Senjougahara waiting for him outside his house. Senjougahara wants to go on a major date with him tomorrow. Araragi had been too busy studying for the exam and dealing with Oddity related problems, that they hadn’t had a date for months, so Senjougahara wants to make up for it. Tomorrow is also White Day, a Japanese holiday a occurring one month after Valentine’s Day. Araragi agrees, and he goes home to rest after talking with Ononoki Yotsugi and Araragi Tsukihi.

The next day, Araragi goes to Senjougahara’s home for the date. To his horror, Senjougahara is holding a car key, and she is planning to go driving with him. Senjougahara reassures him that she already has a license. Araragi is still terrified since high school students are forbidden to drive. Senjougahara is not worried, and they head out in a rental car. While driving, Senjougahara informs Araragi that Hanekawa is coming back tomorrow from her travels in time for their graduation. She also says that Hanekawa may have found out where Oshino Meme is, and will try to bring him back, but Senjougahara didn’t ask for any more details. Their first dating destination is the planetarium. Araragi falls asleep during the program, and Oshino Ougi appears in his dream. They talk about constellations and the meaning of what’s right and wrong. Ougi tells Araragi that she is the law of the universe. Araragi wakes up to find that Senjougahara has also dozed off. They leave the planetarium and go to a science museum. After lunch, they go to play bowling. Senjougahara challenges Araragi to a bowling match, and the loser must obey the winner's order. Araragi has never played bowling before, but he manages to win. Senjougahara bitterly admits defeat. Araragi doesn't want to order Senjougahara to do anything so he settles with asking her a random favor. They then go to afternoon tea, where Araragi explains what happened on the day of the exam. Afterwards they go to sing karaoke. Senjougahara turns on the scoring system, and challenges Araragi to another competition. Whoever has a higher total score in a period of two hours wins, and the loser again must obey the winner's order. Araragi beat Senjougahara by just three points. Araragi is again reluctant about giving Senjougahara orders, so she suggests carrying (bridal carry) her to the car. While they are heading home, Araragi apologizes to Senjougahara for not preparing any gifts for her on White Day. Senjougahara doesn’t mind, but she suddenly pretends to be furious in order to get him to obey her one order. She wants Araragi to call her by her given name, Hitagi, for the rest of his life. Araragi realizes that Senjougahara challenged him to all those competitions just so that she could make this request. He happily agrees to call her Hitagi, and Senjougahara calls him “Koyomi” in return.

Araragi walks home to find Ougi waiting outside his house. Ougi asks him if he’s figured out the meaning of right and wrong. Araragi tells her he still isn’t sure. Ougi asks him to abandon Hachikuji and Shinobu, but Araragi refuses. Ougi claims that Gaen has set up a trap for Ougi, but she has no choice but to fall for it. She has something she needs to accomplish that is worth dying for. Ougi ends the conversation by asking Araragi if he will be on her side and help her.

Ougi Dark

Araragi and Ononoki go to the Shirohebi Park to meet Gaen, Shibonu, and Hachikuji. Gaen reveals her final plan to fight Oshino Ougi. First she explains the history of this town. This town was originally the village in Japan that Shinobu as Kiss-shot came 400 years ago. The villagers used to worship a snake god residing in the lake. When Kiss-shot arrived, she accidentally landed right on the village lake, instantly splashing every drop of water out of the lake. This caused the water to rain on the entire village, saving the crops from drought, but drying out the lake also killed the original snake god. Even though the villagers worshipped Kiss-shot as the new god of the lake for some time, most of them were devoured by “Darkness”. When Kiss-shot escaped to South Pole, the village was almost deserted with no god. The survivors wanted a new god, so they adopted a snake god worshipped by a small number of people living in the mountain. They built a shrine in that mountain, and that became Kitashirahebi Shrine. Since the lake has long been dried up, the fact that there used to be a god there was slowly forgotten. That lake is the location of the present-day Shirohebi Park. The Kitashirahebi Shrine was destroyed along with its god when the ashes of Seishirou gathered in the shrine.

Gaen says there are two things that must be done; find a new god for the shrine and defeat Ougi. A god is necessary in order to keep the peace and repel Oddity in this town, which is why Gaen initially wanted Shinobu to become a god after the events of Shinobu Mail. Gaen was still planning to have the fully-powered Shinobu become the god. However, because Araragi accidentally brought Hachikuji from Hell, she figured Hachikuji is a much better candidate. Hachikuji is still considered a ghost, so “Darkness” will attempt to swallow her unless she returns to Hell. If she becomes god, “Darkness” will no longer have any reason to attack her. However, Gaen says the real “Darkness” will not attack her, but Ougi, the “fake Darkness” will, so Ougi must be defeated, which leads into the second part of Gaen’s plan. According to Gaen, Ougi is an ordinary Oddity who’s pretending to be “Darkness”. Gaen asks if Araragi is willing to help her defeat Ougi. Gaen was originally going to defeat Ougi using the Kokorowatari, but only way to permanently destroy Ougi is for Araragi to do it himself. Araragi agrees, and Gaen reveals to him Ougi’s true identity. Ougi cannot be defeated unless her true identity is known. As soon as her identity is exposed, she will become a Oddity pretending to be something she’s not, and she will be devoured by the true “Darkness”. Gaen knows how to defeat this type of Oddity because she saw her sister, Gaen Tooe (Kanbaru’s mother), meet a similar Oddity.

Before Gaen tells Araragi about the true identity of Ougi, the scene shifts to Araragi Tsukihi. Tsukihi has been visiting Sengoku, and helping her draw manga. On her way home, Tsukihi meets Ougi, who offers to take her home with bicycle. Instead of taking her home, Ougi takes her to the abandoned cram school building, which has somehow returned to the state before Tsubasa Tiger''. Ougi attempts to tell Tsukihi that she is a Phoenix Oddity, but before she can do that, she sees Araragi waiting for her in the building. Ougi asks Tsukihi to go back home. With Araragi alone with Ougi, Araragi proceeds to defeat Ougi by calling out her true identity. Ougi’s true identity is Araragi Koyomi himself.

The scene flashes back to the park, where Gaen reveals that Ougi’s true identity is Araragi Koyomi himself. She is an Oddity that Araragi created, similarly to how Hanekawa’s stress created Black Hanekawa, and Sengoku’s hallucinations created the white snake Kuchinawa. Ougi represents Araragi’s self-criticism. When Araragi saw "Darkness" for the first time in Shinobu Time, he realized that there is a law dictating over the world of Oddity. Araragi knows that he is too weak, too hesitant, too emotional to make harsh decisions, and he subconsciously wished for a being that can judge him, and "correct" everything wrong in this world. His desire came true as Oshino Ougi. This explains why Ougi knows everything regarding Araragi, even things that Araragi didn’t tell her, and he meets Ougi everywhere even in his dreams. This also explains why Ougi always says, “I don’t know anything Araragi-senpai; you do”. Araragi always criticizes himself for his shortcomings, and feels like he should be punished for what he’s done. Ougi acts as his ultimate critic, and forces him to remember memories that he wants to forget, as in Ougi Formula and Sodachi Riddle. Even when Araragi consciously wants Hachikuji to stay in his town, deep under he feels Hachikuji coming back is too good to be true, and he doesn’t deserve it. That is why Ougi will not allow Hachikuji to become god. The reason Oshino Meme and Kagenui Yozuru are missing is because Ougi put up a barrier that prevents them from entering the town. In addition Ougi used a Snail Oddity similar to Hachikuji so that they will get lost and cannot find their way back home. This is because Araragi feels bad about always depending on Oddity experts to solve his problems. He thinks this is “cheating”. Gaen, however is able to enter the town because she can cut down the barrier with the Kokorowatari that she forged out of Seishirou’s armor.

Gaen Tooe’s Oddity was also created by herself. Tooe had extremely high expectations of herself and those around her. Before long she gained a tendency to lose things. She realized that all the items she was losing had something in common, which were things that were desired but not necessary. Her Oddity was consuming everything that was deemed as distractions in her life. In the end, Tooe was able to identify the Oddity as herself, and gave it the name, “Rainy Devil”, before it could devour her friends and boyfriend. Tooe later passed down the remaining arm of the Rainy Devil to her daughter Kanbaru Suruga. There are several conditions that reinforced Araragi’s creation of Ougi. When Araragi first met Seishirou in his samurai armor form, Seishirou drained some power from Kanbaru’s Rainy Devil arm, which transferred some of the essence of Tooe’s Oddity into Seishirou. Afterwards, Seishirou was devoured by Shinobu, and Rainy Devil was transferred into Shinobu. Finally, because of the special link between Shinobu and Araragi, some of Rainy Devil seeped into Araragi, promoting him to create a similar Oddity. Gaen knew what Ougi wanted to do before Araragi’s graduation. Deep down, Araragi doesn’t think it’s right for Tsukihi to live her life without knowing about the fact that she is actually an immortal Oddity, so Ougi wanted to expose to Tsukihi the secret about the Phoenix Oddity. Knowing this, Gaen had Araragi wait for Ougi at the cram school ahead of time.

The scene switches back to the cram school. As soon as Araragi identifies Ougi as a part of himself, the real “Darkness” appears, preparing to swallow Ougi. Ougi admits defeat, and claims that Araragi had been right all along. Right when “Darkness” is about to swallow Ougi, Araragi runs up, and knocks Ougi over, saving her from “Darkness”. Ougi, showing real emotion for the first time, asks him why he has the urge to save people every time. Araragi replies by saying he’s not saving someone else. For the first time he’s saving himself, since Ougi is essentially himself. This is the first time Araragi acts out selfishly. Araragi wasn’t able to completely dodge “Darkness”, and it sucked away his right arm, causing him to bleed profusely. Ougi is able to stop the bleeding, but there seems to be no hope since “Darkness” is just about to swallow them both.

At that moment, Oshino Meme arrives at the scene, followed by an exhausted-looking Hanekawa. It turns out Ougi sent Meme and Kagenui to the South Pole and North Pole, respectively, where there are no Oddities. Hanekawa was able to find Meme in the South Pole and bring him back in time. To Araragi, Meme says, “Hey, what are you doing to my dear niece Ougi? Did something good happen?” As soon as he says that, “Darkness” disappears. Oshino Ougi is a fake name and the fact that Ougi is Oshino’s niece is a lie. However, since Meme himself admits that Ougi is his niece, it is no longer considered a “lie”, and “Darkness" disappears. Meme said that on purpose in order to save Ougi and Araragi.

Gaen is once again amazed at Araragi’s final decision, but she deems it acceptable. Hachikuji swallows the snake god charm, and becomes the official god of Kitashirahebi Shrine as planned. Despite Shinobu getting her powers back, she would still rather go back to her child form and have her pairing restored with Araragi again. Therefore, Gaen recovers the pairing between the two, and Araragi becomes a vampire-hybrid again. The next day, Araragi goes to graduation and meets Hachikuji on the way, who is now a god patrolling the town. He then meets Hanekawa at school. When Hanekawa was initially looking for Meme, she was constantly looking in places that Meme would most likely be. Later she realized that her approach had been backwards, and she should look in places where Meme was least likely to be, which was either the North or South Pole. On the way, they also meet Senjougahara. As they are climbing the stairs, a girl passes by. Araragi asks Senjougahara and Hanekawa to get his diploma for him, and runs after the girl. He catches up, and cheerfully greets the smiling Oshino Ougi.

15) I seem to think what you think. It's a shitty service and it does bring riajuu to anime. No, I am not a riajuu.

21. georgetherapeman

georgetherapeman New Member

Ey, i trolled you back in the good days of 2012 as a 12 year old scrub, i would spam you with pokemon lolis and nsfw anime hentai, you never seemed to like them nor you seemed responsive, is this thread a goodbye one ? or you will keep on being a po admin till tha very end ?

Duster likes this.
  22. Mahnmut

PO Trainer Name:
    Mahnmut
    Why would I have been unresponsive? It's just stuff we ban for. No this isn't a goodbye thread.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.