1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Guest, PO has ceased our separate tiering and adopted Smogon tiers for SM. More information and updates here.

Dismiss Notice

June/July ORAS UU Potential suspects discussion

Discussion in 'Gen 6 UU' started by NananaBatman, Jun 4, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NananaBatman

NananaBatman Well-Known Member

Sup, been a while since we've had some shifts so here goes

UU>OU
    Manectric

LU>OU
    Medicham

Yep, we get nothing and we lose 2 mons. Mega Manectric and Mega Medicham probably deserved their OU spot so no surprise there. The loss of Manectric isn't really that big seeing as we have some other very good electric types in the tier so we should be just fine.

Use this thread to discuss potential suspects in the ORAS UU metagame. As usual, try to post intelligently and explain why you would think X pokemon is suspect worthy.

LU>UU
    Abomasnow
    Aggron
    Azelf
    Slowking

NU>UU
    Tangrowth
    Houndoom

UU>LU
    Absol
    Ampharos
    Donphan
    Hitmontop
    Quagsire
    Roserade
    Rotom-C
    Sharpedo
    Toxicroak

NU>LU
    Clawitzer
    Bronzong
    Eelektross
    Gurdurr
    Sawk
    Xatu

LU>NU
    Archeops
    Dragalge
    Electivire
    Fletchinder
    Glalie
    Golbat
    Hoopa
    Jolteon
    Magneton
    Mandibuzz
    Rhyperior
    Samurott

2. NananaBatman

NananaBatman Well-Known Member

Hi hello I wanna draw evry1's attention to something I've had complaints about: Dugtrio.

Dugtrio's ability allows it to trap a number of things that makes revenge killing ridiculously easy. To put it bluntly, if you get a KO with something that Duggy can trap and kill, said thing is automatically dead. Duggy makes it too easy to trap wincons and the amount of stuff it can trap is actually impressive. Sure it can't OHKO half the tier, but with some prior damage, there's a lot of stuff that becomes duggy food and you can't do much about it. I feel like it's very uncompetitive and probably suspect worthy but I'd like some more opinions.

AnuncioBot and gengar17 like this.
  3. snaga

snaga .

PO Trainer Name:
    snaga
    "lol, dugtrio suspect" -everyone's opinion

4. E.T.

E.T. SSSSSSSSSSSSS! Super Moderator Server Administrator Articles Leader Super Moderator Server Administrator Articles Leader

PO Trainer Name:
    E.T.
    Arena Trap has definitely caused Dugtrio (or Diglett in LC) to be a problem in lower tiers, so could it be broken in UU? Possibly. However, I almost never see Dugtrio used in UU, and I haven't tried using it myself yet, so it is hard to comment on whether or not it is broken. I suspect that its low Attack stat would hold it back more against the bulkier things in UU because iirc even when it was suspected in NU there were some things that it had to have a Choice Band to be able to OHKO. I may try building a Dugtrio team to test it in UU soon because like I said, it's hard to say if it's broken if I don't ever see it.

EDIT:
    I've been playing with Dugtrio for a bit, and I'm still undecided. On the one hand, even with Choice Band, the damage output is pretty pitiful. For example, it doesn't even 2HKO Mega Aggron, Mega Steelix, or even Blissey. There's also a lot of things that it fails to OHKO. Being locked into one move, frequently Earthquake, also gives free turns to Pokemon with Ground immunity such as Salamence. However, on the other hand, Arena Trap is a very good ability that allows Dugtrio to be an extremely effective revenge killer. I do see the argument that Dugtrio can turn a win condition into a liability if it is used to KO something, but I'm still not sure if Dugtrio's strengths outweigh its drawbacks to the point of making it broken.

Last edited: Jul 9, 2016
    Funbot28 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.