1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Guest, PO has ceased our separate tiering and adopted Smogon tiers for SM. More information and updates here.

Dismiss Notice

Question of The Day! (QoTD, Thread 2) (6/7/16-1/6/17)

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Joeypals!!, Jun 7, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Joeypals!!

Joeypals!! Don't you worry 'bout a thing~

PO Trainer Name:
    Joeypals
    Ooooops we broke the reply limit. That's OK though, we'll just carry over in this thread! If you want to see any of the previous questions over the span of about 8 months, click right here for that. And now for a c/p'd intro with a new picture.

[​IMG]

Hi everyone, welcome to the QoTD thread! Basically, what this thread will be aiming for is posing a new question every day and seeing what the answers are. Think of it as an ice breaker game of sorts, but it never stops and you can be as silly as you want. Feel free to post up to three answers per day, whether that be in one post or in multiple during the day. I'll be updating the question every day at 11AM CDT/CST (depending on time of the year), so swing back daily to see the new q!

The new question will always be linked in this line, so click it!

Question for June 7th, 2016: If you could create your own Battle Frontier facility, what would your main gimmick be?

Last edited: Jan 6, 2017
  2. Dominique-XLR

Dominique-XLR I'm a simple man. I see boobs, I like.

I'd add few new tiers I guess, like a special chamber where hackmon can happen.

Btw, I'd advertise and promotion it so hard people won't be battling Gym Leaders & Elite Fours any more.

Joeypals!! likes this.
  3. Blitzamirin

Blitzamirin Waluigi! Number one!

PO Trainer Name:
    Blitz
    A few come to mind:

1v1 facility: Bring 3 choose 1. You get x amount of chances to lose depending on the streak. Frontier Brain 1st match happens on battle 50 (like the Battle Hall) and is a best of 3.

Opponent picks for you: Standard Singles 3v3, the opponent chooses your moves and you choose theirs. You're gonna have to tailor sets for them to not use them against you, which creates a new dynamic to battle with.

Inverse Battle facility: 3v3. A mode that sees 0 use outside of a random mook trainer could use some representation here.

LC facility: 3v3, same stuff as the above only with LC mons at level 5. If Nintendo's history is any indication, Eviolite is probably banned + Item Clause in place so it creates a different meta than standard LC.

Oh and never bring back the Battle Palace again.

Joyverse, E.T. and Joeypals!! like this.
  4. Edna

Edna Chasing the Dragon Forum Moderator Forum Moderator

PO Trainer Name:
    Edna
    Pick randomly 3 of yours Pokemon and give them to your opponent and pick 3 of your opponent team to get them. With some luck you could eventually pass them Metapod and Kakuna while keeping stuff like DD Ttar or Shell Smash Cloyster ( which is very good in that format :v )

Joeypals!! likes this.
  5. Joyverse

Joyverse Back for a blast! Tournament Host Tournament Host

PO Trainer Name:
    Joyverse
    LOL Carl copied Blitz' idea shame! :c
    As for me, I want monothreat (type 1 vs. type 1) so basically having the facility choose pokemon of the same type for both u and d opponent and then next round we are forced to change to a new team cuz new type! *-*

Joeypals!! likes this.
  6. Edna

PO Trainer Name:
    Edna
    ngl I didn't read his post before typing this so it's w/e

7. Joeypals!!

PO Trainer Name:
    Joeypals
    Question for June 8th, 2016: In your opinion, what is the most overrated movie of all time?

8. Lacus Clyne

Lacus Clyne This might get unpleasant!

PO Trainer Name:
    Lacus Clyne
    Gravity

9. Edna

PO Trainer Name:
    Edna
    Considering I'm not a Superman fan at all, Man of Steel was a movie pretty disappointong for what we got as promises

Joeypals!! likes this.
  10. Blitzamirin

PO Trainer Name:
    Blitz
    Inception...

Joeypals!! likes this.
  11. E.T.

E.T. Rainbow Rowlet Super Moderator Server Administrator Articles Leader Super Moderator Server Administrator Articles Leader

PO Trainer Name:
    E.T.
    I was going to say Titanic, but then I somehow remembered that Napoleon Dynamite was a thing. I thought the movie was so boring that I couldn't even finish the whole thing, but most of my friends loved it and reused the jokes over and over.

Joeypals!! likes this.
  12. Ascarotte

Ascarotte Well-Known Member Forum Moderator Channel Leader Forum Moderator Channel Leader

2001: A Space Odyssey. With its 94% score on Rotten Tomatoes and legendary status, I think it's quite literally overrated. It really isn't an enjoyable film to watch.

Joeypals!! likes this.
  13. Dominique-XLR

Fast & Furious Franchise, specially the latter ones.

I don't know what critics say about these, just like I don't get why people worship Paul Walker or think these movies are ultimate display of machismo, They aren't, specially the franchise shouldn't have continued so long. The latest movie shouldn't have existed. If one wishes to display how great stunt men there is in Hollywood, one should make a documentary for NatGeo instead, not this incredibly stupid waste of money. I mean head to head smash with cars? Street racers catching Special agents? Please give me back the 2 hours wasted, I demand a full refund.

E.T. and Joeypals!! like this.
  14. Joeypals!!

PO Trainer Name:
    Joeypals
    Question for June 9th, 2016: I'm actually asking you to be creative, omfg!!! If you could create an anime version of yourself, what would they look like? Use this site to create your version. This is me in anime form. Ready for that night out, Kiyoshi?

[​IMG]

15. Edna

PO Trainer Name:
    Edna
    [​IMG]

I SWEAR I TRIED TO MAKE IT THE MORE RESEMBLING TO ME

Joeypals!! and Joyverse like this.
  16. Dominique-XLR

I may or may not look like this.
    My anime pic.png

17. Blitzamirin

PO Trainer Name:
    Blitz
    ^ Edgelord incarnate.

I actually shied away from this as first bc I hate anime but what the hell. Gave it a try and I actually managed to nail myself pretty well!

[​IMG]

I think this is my new Smogon avi lol. Thanks Joey!

18. Dominique-XLR

Plz, I could easily have wings and shit, but I chose not to. I'm quite a down to the earth guy really, as you can clearly see.

Joeypals!! and Blitzamirin like this.
  19. Joeypals!!

PO Trainer Name:
    Joeypals
    No problem @Blitzamirin :)

Question for June 10th, 2016: Who is your favorite child character in Fire Emblem: Fates?

20. Edna

PO Trainer Name:
    Edna
    Didn't play it, rip me

21. Lacus Clyne

Lacus Clyne This might get unpleasant!

PO Trainer Name:
    Lacus Clyne
    Although I got the special edition I haven't played the side quests yet. Gotta collect all the skills first before making them babies poopin.

22. Professor Oak

Professor Oak same Forum Administrator Server Owner Social Media Rep Forum Administrator Server Owner Social Media Rep

PO Trainer Name:
    Professor Oak
    oh hey, there's finally a question I wanted to answer!

Of all the child characters I've got thus far, I think female Kana is SO ADORABLE. Note that I've only played Birthright at the time of this post, and I've yet to complete it.

I've seen all the child characters though, and I think Caeldori is likely the best one imo.

Joeypals!! likes this.
  23. Dominique-XLR

Owner of Pokemon Online prefers answer questions not related to Pokemon.
    This is why PO can't be great again.

24. Joeypals!!

PO Trainer Name:
    Joeypals
    Question for June 11th, 2016: What is your opinion on Christina Grimmie? Rest in peace, love.

25. Ascarotte

Ascarotte Well-Known Member Forum Moderator Channel Leader Forum Moderator Channel Leader

I think that Christina Grimmie was an admirable, dedicated person. She pursued her dreams, and more or less achieved them. I've watched quite a few of her videos and also her performances on The Voice, and I do enjoy them, even if I'm not a diehard fan by any stretch. In fact, I was watching her performances on YT the day before the news popped up on my news feed RIP

Joeypals!! likes this.
  26. beforedawn

beforedawn Active Member

Here's my little rant.

I love Christina Grimmie. She was like that low-key artist with the cool name that nobody talked about but everybody liked. I don't know how I started but...I grew up listening to her. Maybe a lot of the appeal came to me as a pianist. But she was definitely one of the topmost pianists on YouTube. She piqued my interest in a lot of music I otherwise wouldn't have given a damn for, and her original pieces are lovely as well. I did her portrait on her 18th birthday.

I never really knew her, of course, but she was my age, so she always felt like a peer to me, not some elite professional caked up in magazine gossip, bathing in a Hollywood spa. Naw, she played right from her own room. Nevertheless, I was happy when I heard her announcing news getting involved with Disney, working her way up, getting in with the Voice. I'm sure that's where you feel rather personally connected to her, Joey. I remember she lost to some big-muscled Texan teen wearing a 10-gallon hat and a Southern drawl. She worked with Adam Levine, too, whom I respect, which was really cool!

From her videos, I remember her geeky attitude, her dark hair, her tiny little salute (which I kinda adopted for my own use), her love for Jesus Christ, and #TeamGrimmie.

When I heard she had been shot, I brushed it off. An adorable lady like her, I mean, hoaxes fly around all the time. But I was no blind sheep either, so I did background research to be sure. So when it was undeniable...I...well...I really could not buy it. I've been sick to my stomach all day long. Can't even enjoy myself. But I only admire her. What about her friends and family? Her brother was there when she died. They said he subdued the attacker and saved the lives of other people at the venue. They say he's a hero, but what good is that if he couldn't save his baby sister?

I'm thinking about her killer. Reports seem to suggest he was a deranged stalker, who traveled to Florida specifically for her. That's so sad, though? I can't believe how tormented this guy could have been, having traveled all this way for Grimmie for this murder-suicide. They were legally adults, yet still children. It's hard to think. Isn't it the spotlight that kills you? If Grimmie never worked hard, never gave effort, never pursued her dreams, would God have had a longer life for her? She passed smiling, doing what she loved. ...Is that worth? Do we want to live long? Or remembered and happily? I thought the former, but idk now.

So even though I never knew her, it felt like I lost someone I knew for a long time, like a grandparent or someone from high school. Not someone I'm really close to, but someone I always cheer for when I hear they're doing well. 2016 has been a crummy year.
    #ChristinaGrimmie

27. Dominique-XLR

I didn't know her, or never heard any of her songs. But I gotta ask, why is it that so many of such meaningless killings happen in First World Countries like USA? I mean even terrorists have purpose, they are trying to achieve something, and at times even being played by powerful white collar people. But guy enters a school, shots 10 kids dead, then kills himself; what's the motive here? How many of these sort of events does it take too many?

Also I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say USA has gun problems.

Last edited: Jun 12, 2016
    Joeypals!! likes this.
  28. Joeypals!!

PO Trainer Name:
    Joeypals
    Question for June 12th, 2016: What are your thoughts on Nekkoala, the Normal "Half-Awake" Pokemon with the ability Definitive Sleep (can only receive Sleep as a status effect) and Iwanko, a rock-type dog?

[​IMG][​IMG]

29. Zoroark

Zoroark Rakugaki Forum Moderator Server Moderator Forum Moderator Server Moderator

PO Trainer Name:
    SkyPhoenix / Zoroark
    The Dog looks really cute, not gonna lie. About the Koala...well lol? The ability is unique, it could come in handy against teams who rely on spamming different types of status problems.

Also I wish the Rock Doge gets some sort of unique-practical new ability in it's final evolution.

30. Blitzamirin

PO Trainer Name:
    Blitz
    Both are probably common route trash, unfortunately.

Iwanko is absolutely adorable, as a Rock-type is pretty surprising, and given its figure, means it could introduce some Rock-type move that's better than anything else flavorwise rn (I don't see how Rock Throw, Rock Slide, Stone Edge, or Head Smash make sense on it). So that might be a positive thing. Shame about those shitty abilities though.

Nekkoala's ability is very surprising given we haven't had an ability that exactly prevents immunity to most status (Natural Cure and Shed Skin are close but still). Just needs solid stats and it'd be really nice. I'm hoping shit like Snorlax gets retconned into having Definitive Sleep for flavor reasons as well.

Overall I don't care much about these and I'd rather see their FE formes to see what they'll bring to the table competitively and design-wise.

Joeypals!! likes this.
  31. E.T.

E.T. Rainbow Rowlet Super Moderator Server Administrator Articles Leader Super Moderator Server Administrator Articles Leader

PO Trainer Name:
    E.T.
    I think it is neat to finally have a koala Pokemon, and its ability is creative too. I don't care too much about the dog though because I feel like we already have plenty of those. The Rock typing is a little bit interesting though.

Joeypals!! likes this.
  32. Sasuke Uchiha

Sasuke Uchiha God of tits and wine

PO Trainer Name:
    Yellan
    What I like about the dog is that he's the first Rock-type that doesn't look like... well a rock. (bar Sudowoodo I suppose)

Joeypals!! likes this.
  33. Dominique-XLR

Both are disappointingly ugly, specially if you consider how adorable their natural counterparts are. While it's a good thing Iwanko isn't a normal type, I still don't see much hope for it. I mean Gigalith looks cool, has great stats but still nobody uses it.
    Nekkoala has a little more potential and I'd be surprised if it didn't get a dual typing. Then again most Normal+X typings are bad defensively. Fat stats and Normal+Fairy typing might work I guess.

34. Professor Oak

Professor Oak same Forum Administrator Server Owner Social Media Rep Forum Administrator Server Owner Social Media Rep

PO Trainer Name:
    Professor Oak
    I'd actually heard of her via the Smash community. It's a shame. I have no strong opinion other than that.

Once again, it leads me to question smth...

WHY THE FUCK HAVE YOU IDIOTIC YANKS NOT SORTED OUR YOUR GUN LAWS YET?
    Don't care if he's utterly shit, I'm fucking using Nekkoala in my team. Koalas are my favourite animals. I'm hoping that they make it decent defensively, so it could perhaps be a better CurseLax or smth. idk how else to save it from being route 1 trash without changing its typing
    Dog looks kinda cute, don't see why it's rock atm tho

Dominique-XLR and Joeypals!! like this.
  35. Joyverse

Joyverse Back for a blast! Tournament Host Tournament Host

PO Trainer Name:
    Joyverse

So yeah a good pokemon question finally yay!!! :D I was utterly confused the last few questions ;-;
    So Oak prolly pissed GF to make a Koala mon for him and he got it.. you can't add quotes from locked threads so I justed cp dis... Oak had said a few posts ago that, "Wouldn't fit the Hawaii theme, but I love koalas. Koala Pokémon? Yes please." Coincidence???
    I think Nekkoala gonna be very badass if its gets an evo, very nice ability, let's hope for the best!

I wank o sounds very strange when I put the spaces like that. I mean very creative name like what? "I want Hachiko" shortened to Iwanko? Or a weeaboo at GF with no fap material just decided to name it IWANKO... Aside from that a rock puppy sounds great and it's really cute. If it gets maybe Fur Coat as an hidden ability with decent or awesome stats at it's final evo maybe it's hitting UU. Aside from that, it might even be a common presence in SuMo LC, who knows? Let's hope for the best!

36. Joeypals!!

PO Trainer Name:
    Joeypals
    Question for June 13th, 2016: So, this movie's going to be a thing in 2017. What's your thoughts? (quick background: It's on the events that led up to the society seen in the four Hunger Games movies we already have)

[​IMG]

37. Dominique-XLR

Haven't watched the other hunger games movies apart from the first one, which was semi-okayish movie I guess. The mockingbird reminds me more of Petyr Baelish. Brb reading A Feast For Crows.
    Cuz of Commies, duh.

Joeypals!! likes this.
  38. Joeypals!!

PO Trainer Name:
    Joeypals
    Let's be honest, you already know what this q is about to be.

Question for June 14th, 2016: What are your thoughts on Nintendo's E3 show today?

39. Dominique-XLR

I'm not 100% sure this is relevant to the question but I'm gonna rant about the new mons anyway.

Pipipeck looks extremely cool. Hands down the best looking route 1 bird ever. I hope it gets the movepool and stats to take advantage of Skill Link.

Yungoos looks like someone just offended his ancestors, made a bad Yo Mama joke and tried to touch it's genitalia. I like it a lot. Apparently it's also a stalker, which probably has something to do with it's Stake Out ability. This is one mon I'd like to see extensively on anime.

Grubbin is tryna be Escavalier. Not gonna happen.

Magearna's ability seems to be a special Moxie. I'm glad it didn't get prankster.

Joeypals!! likes this.
  40. Edna

PO Trainer Name:
    Edna
    Battle Royal, maybe the thing that will make me want playing a lot on Sun and Moon and a lot of cool animations, cool designs etc. Not to mention Zelda etc, it's a good E3

Joeypals!! and Fate Testarossa like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.