1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Guest, PO has ceased our separate tiering and adopted Smogon tiers for SM. More information and updates here.

Dismiss Notice

Question of The Day! (QoTD, Thread 2) (6/7/16-1/6/17)

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Joeypals!!, Jun 7, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Email

Email reformed xd

PO Trainer Name:
    Email
    It's bad.

Joeypals!! likes this.
  2. Professor Oak

Professor Oak same Forum Administrator Server Owner Social Media Rep Forum Administrator Server Owner Social Media Rep

PO Trainer Name:
    Professor Oak
    Not a fan thus far, but it is still better than ~60% of anime episodes.

Joeypals!! likes this.
  3. Zoroark

Zoroark Aka Flare Forum Moderator Server Moderator Forum Moderator Server Moderator

PO Trainer Name:
    SkyPhoenix / Zoroark
    I'll quote what someone commented on one of it's videos:
    "These two episodes have been better than the whole anime series so far"
    This guy read my mind, we had the same thought.

Joeypals!! likes this.
  4. Dominique-XLR

Dominique-XLR I'm a simple man. I see boobs, I like.

I did watch a bit of 'old' Teen Titan. It was okay, nothing super special but not bad either. I liked Raven, watching Beyblade had left me with extremely high appreciation for dark, moody characters (All hail Kai).

Much like Oak Idc much about the show. Furthermore, if a reality show is saying 'America's got talent' I tend to assume it doesn't.

Professor Oak likes this.
  5. Blitzamirin

Blitzamirin Waluigi! Number one!

PO Trainer Name:
    Blitz
    Generations is too short. It has a lot of potential to be good but it's just too short haha.

Also the scene with the guy blasting the wall with Flamethrower Arcanine has become a great meme.

6. Annoying Orange

Annoying Orange sweet creature Server Moderator Social Media Rep Server Moderator Social Media Rep

PO Trainer Name:
    Annoying Orange
    basically what blitz said but also pikachu was looking very weird

7. Joeypals!!

Joeypals!! Don't you worry 'bout a thing~

PO Trainer Name:
    Joeypals
    Question for September 18th, 2016: What is your opinion on Kraft products (including, but not limited to, A1 Steak Sauce, Capri Sun, Cheez Whiz, Cool Whip, Macaroni and Cheese, Miracle Whip, Shake & Bake, and Velveeta)?

8. Professor Oak

Professor Oak same Forum Administrator Server Owner Social Media Rep Forum Administrator Server Owner Social Media Rep

PO Trainer Name:
    Professor Oak
    @Generations - Pikachu sounded weird. Sounded almost more like Togepi than anything else.

@today's question - YAY MORE AMERICAN SHIT I CAN'T ANSWER.

literally the only thing mentioned that we have over here in the uk is capri sun, which is distributed by the Coca-Cola Company.

can't help but say that there's been a ton of American-only questions, and I'm losing interest in the thread as a result =/

9. pokemonnerd

pokemonnerd Only uso listens to pnerd. Devo too. Article Contributor Article Contributor

Alternate question for the 18th: what's your opinion of Nutella?
    That originated in Europe didn't it?

Anyway, kraft products are pretty good. Their cool whip is amazing and cheese whiz was one of my favorite things when I was growing up. A1 steak sauce is nice too, not really that big a fan of it though.

Last edited: Sep 18, 2016
    Joeypals!! likes this.
  10. Dominique-XLR

Cool Whip, Miracle Whip... I'm guessing Kraft makes bondage products.

Pnerd's question is better, but ultimately pointless. Anyone who doesn't like Nutella needs to see a doctor.

Joeypals!! likes this.
  11. Joeypals!!

PO Trainer Name:
    Joeypals
    As a result of our "lovely hacker" delaying my question for quite a while today, I'm going to go ahead and post today's, as well as tomorrow's, questions right now. These questions will last until September 21st at approximately 11AM CDT.

Question for September 19th, 2016: What are your thoughts on what I'm calling "PO In The Dark" (the 24ish hours where we didn't have the forums thanks to that hacker)?
    Question for September 20th, 2016: What are your hopes for the Alolan leg of the Pokemon anime series?

Also, this is a very simple notification. Starting now, any posts that are along the lines of "this is pointless" or "i don't know" shall be deleted. All that is doing is wasting space in the thread while giving you a boosted post count, contributing absolutely nothing to the conversation. This thread was designed to entice conversation, not kill it due to indifference. Thank you for your understanding.

12. Professor Oak

PO Trainer Name:
    Professor Oak
    I don't know.
    This is pointless.
    :>

Boy I swear to god lmao ~Joey

It was just part of quite a shit weekend for me.
    Friday night, we had neighbours partying downstairs until 2.30am, preventing us from sleeping well.
    Sunday night, a neighbour's house caught fire, and it wasn't finished being put out until about 4am.
    Then, after the fire, PO forums get hacked.

And I was right in the middle of revamping all of the past gens tier lists as well, now I have to do it all again :(

From what I've seen of the trailer of the new series, it looks to be pretty dire. I've heard that Kalos' anime series have been quite good, so I guess they just need to avoid messing up too much and undoing the momentum they currently have.

Joeypals!! likes this.
  13. o c:

o c: Kittyloaf

I'll admit it was a pretty scary thing to hear ya know. I was in pm with a cute grill then all sudden people start posting forum's got hacked etc etc change your passwords if you shared the same pass in other places. Spent like at least 15min changing passwords lol the good thing though was seeing Fuzzy rage and spam caps since PEOPLE CAN'T READ THE DANG TOPIC!

As for the anime question, I haven't watched the Pokémon anime since 4th Gen but all I can really say is I just hope it ain't bad tbh. I know it's been getting quite some hate but give it a chance.

Joeypals!! likes this.
  14. pokemonnerd

pokemonnerd Only uso listens to pnerd. Devo too. Article Contributor Article Contributor

*Insert "this is pointless" and other phrases of negative indifference here*

Indigo lived up to its welcome picture when the hacker did his thing. People on PS try and do pointless shit like track the hackers IP address and hack his stuff while we do the only sensible thing and derp around about it until the people who can fix it do.

And I stopped all interest in watching the main pokemon anime after Ash lost the Kalos league. It was the first time in a long while tuning in to what happened. I've no interest in watching a perpetual loser who chokes at the final stretch of a season.

He needs to find the mojo he had when he beat that goddamn Dragonite in the Orange league.

snaga, Edna, Joyverse and 1 other person like this.
  15. Annoying Orange

Annoying Orange sweet creature Server Moderator Social Media Rep Server Moderator Social Media Rep

PO Trainer Name:
    Annoying Orange

because im a chef i rarely use kraft stuff but I love nutella

just happy these hardworking people got everything back.

a more mature storyline

Joeypals!! likes this.
  16. Edna

Edna Chasing the Dragon Forum Moderator Forum Moderator

PO Trainer Name:
    Edna
    PO being hacked is pointless for me because we're not even a threat to Smogon, most of our tours base comes from smogon so it's just a malicious intent from a dumb person who rages about PO.

I don't watch the anime, so I don't even know how it has been recently

Joeypals!! likes this.
  17. Joyverse

Joyverse Back for a blast!

PO Trainer Name:
    Joyverse
    While you the quote the event as, "PO In The Dark". Truth be told, this is the first time I got to see POs dev staff work out ways to fix the problems firsthand. It kinda changes the dumb stereotype that people have of Auths and Devs that they are all a "bunch of idiots". They actually didn't fuck up and unlike what Smogon would have done and what I had suggested (s/o Pnerd!) We didn't waste time hack his ass off and instead fixed up the forums and chilled. This wasn't even anything dark instead, there were some extremely fun moments in tours where I had to fight user Mango for around 7-8 times in the NU finals cause they battle server crashed! xd Tournaments was actually more alive than it ever was in a while now. It was more of an enlightening day than anything else lol! Also the hacker was a dumb one, he'd rather hack Trump's stuff and leak em and he attacks PO. Sigh.

Joeypals!! likes this.
  18. Velvet Blood

Velvet Blood Well-Known Member

the bad jokes scared me the most

Joeypals!! and Joyverse like this.
  19. Dominique-XLR

I really enjoyed the day. Nice change of pace. Glad I didn't miss this, considering I was afk for over 1 week. I would love for this to happen again, tho by someone more intelligible and not obsessed with cows would be nice.

Grew out of the animes, sorry.

20. Joeypals!!

PO Trainer Name:
    Joeypals
    Question for September 21st, 2016: What are your thoughts on the Syrian refugee crisis?

21. Professor Oak

PO Trainer Name:
    Professor Oak
    "It sucks" and "we need to do more to resolve it" kinda covers the short answers. The long answer is political though, so be warned.

Ultimately, a bunch of Western countries including the UK have been supplying the Middle East with weapons for a long, long time. Add that knowledge to the destablisation of the Middle East due to the wars waged there following the attacks on the World Trade Center and the Pentagon, and there's been a rise in extremists who are armed well in the region. Add the general political unrest in Syria to this, and you've got a full scale civil war.

The refugees are simply trying to escape the war, leaving behind their old lives for a chance at being able to continue living and breathing. They are the unfortunate casulties of the situation in the Middle East.

We caused this problem here in the West. We should be doing more to solve it. We need to take in more refugees and support them, instead of blaming them for the issues that are arising across the world. Politicians need to stop playing on people's fears and using the refugees and immigration as a whole as a weapon against the public (e.g. Brexit, Trump's Wall). The only way this gets resolved is by helping each other.

Love creates love. Peace creates peace. War creates war.

Pokemonistan and Joeypals!! like this.
  22. Annoying Orange

PO Trainer Name:
    Annoying Orange
    Ugh a non-american question? unsubbing.

honestly it's sad. to me it helps me appreciate my own life a little more. There's no such thing as a perfect world.
    Also right where I live, there's protesters being tear gassed. They're protesting for another innocent man being shot by police. It's all over the major news . Oh, and we are having a gas shortage. I feel like with everything crazy going on, we may have a huge war soon and it's all a little scary to me.

23. pokemonnerd

It's terrible that innocents have to suffer for wars they care nothing for. Unfortunately, even though outside forces were indirect enablers for this, I don't see it being avoided either way.

Joeypals!! likes this.
  24. Dominique-XLR

I'd like to thank the European countries who chose to not build a wall, regardless of their previous role in this huge mess.

Joeypals!! and Annoying Orange like this.
  25. Joeypals!!

PO Trainer Name:
    Joeypals
    Question for September 22nd, 2016: If there's anything you would want to tell Donald Trump, what would it be?

26. Annoying Orange

PO Trainer Name:
    Annoying Orange
    Ironically, "You're fired!".

Joeypals!! likes this.
  27. Zoroark

Zoroark Aka Flare Forum Moderator Server Moderator Forum Moderator Server Moderator

PO Trainer Name:
    SkyPhoenix / Zoroark
    "Hello Mr. Trump, I'd like you to teach he how to properly build a wall, so then I can build one to protect myself against your autism."

Pokemonistan and Joeypals!! like this.
  28. Professor Oak

PO Trainer Name:
    Professor Oak
    Unfortunately, I'm going to be just increasing my post count unnecessarily, as I'm sure the vast majority of the things that I and other people wish to say to Donald Trump would result in infractions or bans from the forums.

Let's just settle with asking him about his policies and see if we get a solid answer that can't be easily dismantled like everything else he's said thus far.

29. Joeypals!!

PO Trainer Name:
    Joeypals
    Question for September 23rd, 2016: What is the one message you'll take away from this year?

30. Hassin627

Hassin627 feels dank man

PO Trainer Name:
    Hassin627/dank jesus
    Never do anal without lube

31. Joyverse

Joyverse Back for a blast!

PO Trainer Name:
    Joyverse
    1)Make sure to bring lube when you're visiting Hassina, he never has it.
    2)Make sure you have decent team with Hawlucha in it when you OU with Hassina.
    3)Don't get involved in politics, anywhere. It's cancerous to the point it effects real life.

Hassin627 and Joeypals!! like this.
  32. Professor Oak

PO Trainer Name:
    Professor Oak
    The place that you call home now may not always feel like home.

Joeypals!! and Joyverse like this.
  33. Velvet Blood

Velvet Blood Well-Known Member

Safari is the reason why my tub overflows with bleach.

34. pokemonnerd

The place you call home will never remain the same. You have to eventually learn to go out and make yourself one.

Joeypals!! likes this.
  35. Edna

Edna Chasing the Dragon Forum Moderator Forum Moderator

PO Trainer Name:
    Edna
    Sleeping is good

Joeypals!! likes this.
  36. Zoroark

PO Trainer Name:
    SkyPhoenix / Zoroark
    snaga, Edna, Jethalal and 2 others like this.
  37. Annoying Orange

PO Trainer Name:
    Annoying Orange
    don't stare at your laptop for hours in the dark

Joeypals!! likes this.
  38. Xdevo

Xdevo Phrasing Super Moderator Tour Director Super Moderator Tour Director

Things can always get worse

Joeypals!! likes this.
  39. Joeypals!!

PO Trainer Name:
    Joeypals
    Question for September 24th, 2016: What is the one color you would never dye your hair?

40. Zoroark

PO Trainer Name:
    SkyPhoenix / Zoroark
    Rainbow?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.