1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Question of The Day! (QoTD, Thread 2) (6/7/16-1/6/17)

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Joeypals!!, Jun 7, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Joyverse

Joyverse Back for a blast!

PO Trainer Name:
    Joyverse
    I'd legit rate it 9/11 cuz we gotta up the edgy else get a wedgie.
    On the GC tho, I had played XD on my cousin's and it was great! So, I'll say that while may or may nt have been a good system. It had good games.

Joeypals!! and Hassin627 like this.
  2. Edna

Edna Chasing the Dragon Forum Moderator Forum Moderator

PO Trainer Name:
    Edna
    Smash, Mario Kart Double Dash, amazing console for me

Zoroark and Joeypals!! like this.
  3. snaga

snaga .

PO Trainer Name:
    snaga
    GameCube was the GOAT
    Thousand year door, both the Pokémon games, smash
    GUH

Joeypals!! likes this.
  4. buny

buny heartbreak hotel

PO Trainer Name:
    buny
    The Gamecube is still my favorite console, I used it the most until my new TV no longer supported it (rip have to use my Wii for games now!) My favorite games are still games that I play on my GameCube, and I wish they would remake it because I feel like it would be wildly successful

5. Xdevo

Xdevo Phrasing Super Moderator Tour Director Super Moderator Tour Director

While I really did like the GameCube, it had garbage 3rd party support and lacked a huge number of features compared to the PS2 and Xbox.

1000yr Door, Metroid Prime, Melee, the Pokemon games, Wind Waker and arguably Twilight Princess were all pretty great games, but the PS2's (and Xbox's for some) GTA series, MGS, God of War, Jak and Daxter, Rachet and Clank, Kingdom Hearts, Guitar Hero, Star Wars Battlefront, Sly Cooper, and Silent Hill 2 outmatch the GC in both quantity, and I'd argue quality as well. The PS2 also has pretty much full access to the PS1 library as well.

It's a shame that Nintendo made so many poor choices in how they presented the GC and ended up driving off all of the 3rd party devs that were left from the N64's failures, since there was a lot of potential there for an amazing console.

Joeypals!! and Sasuke Uchiha like this.
  6. Professor Oak

Professor Oak same Forum Administrator Server Owner Social Media Rep Forum Administrator Server Owner Social Media Rep

PO Trainer Name:
    Professor Oak
    The GameCube is probably my second favourite console of all time, behind the SNES. It needed to be easier to develop for though, and actually have a decent format for its games. 3rd parties all fucked off =/

Joeypals!! likes this.
  7. pokemonnerd

pokemonnerd Only uso listens to pnerd. Devo too. Article Contributor Article Contributor

Luckily for the GameCube at the time, the first party games were so solid they barely needed any third party support. The system did extremely well for it being nintendo and thus hard to develop for when going cross platform.

Joeypals!! and E.T. like this.
  8. E.T.

E.T. Random Slowpoke Super Moderator Server Administrator Articles Leader Super Moderator Server Administrator Articles Leader

PO Trainer Name:
    E.T.
    I'm pretty fond of the GameCube. I first played through Ocarina of Time and Majora's Mask via the Collector's Edition disc that came with the system. Wind Waker and Twilight Princess were other Zelda titles that I played with the GameCube. MELEE was brought to us by the GameCube. The GameCube introduced Luigi's Mansion and Pikmin (and Pikmin 2) as new titles. The GameCube introduced me to the Metroid Prime series with Prime and Echoes. I may like Star Fox Assault as much as the N64 version, and the dinosaur planet one was at least amusing. Thousand Year Door was my first Paper Mario game. There were 4 Mario Party games for GameCube (I would rank them 7, 5, 4, 6 from best to worst) but none of them were as good as the N64 ones. Mario Kart Double Dash introduced "HI I'M DAISY!!1!" to the world. Super Mario Sunshine was a good follow up to Super Mario 64. I could go on and on.

Joeypals!! and Zoroark like this.
  9. Xdevo

Xdevo Phrasing Super Moderator Tour Director Super Moderator Tour Director

The PS2 sold over 125 million more than the GC; even the xbox outsold the GC. As much as I like the GC, the system really didn't do that well. It only outsold the dreamcast in that generation (and considering it only outsold it by ~12 million units despite being on the market for 6 extra years is kinda telling). The Gamecube didn't even manage to outsell the N64 (which itself wasn't even that great of a seller compared to the PS1). The first party games being good is pretty much the only thing that kept the console from being as much of a company ruining flop as the Dreamcast was. The only thing the Gamecube really did for Nintendo as a whole was allow it to keep functioning - it decreased the market share from the N64, and considering that attracting 3rd party and internet support were two of the original design goals, I would have to consider the GameCube a failure for Nintendo, as unfortunate as it is to say.

The PS2 is the only console that generation that did extremely well, considering it managed to outsell all of its competitors combined by an order of magnitude.

Last edited: Oct 26, 2016
    Professor Oak and Joeypals!! like this.
  10. Epikhairz

Epikhairz Delta Stream

PO Trainer Name:
    Epikhairz
    ssbm Kreygasm

Joyverse and Joeypals!! like this.
  11. Joeypals!!

Joeypals!! Don't you worry 'bout a thing~

PO Trainer Name:
    Joeypals
    Question for October 26th, 2016: What are your thoughts on John Oliver?

12. Annoying Orange

Annoying Orange sweet creature Social Media Rep Social Media Rep

PO Trainer Name:
    Annoying Orange
    I like his name. tbh a request if i may? you asked about MLB, etc. Opening night was last night and the 'superteam' Warriors lost by 29.
    perhaps soon a question on them?

13. Professor Oak

Professor Oak same Forum Administrator Server Owner Social Media Rep Forum Administrator Server Owner Social Media Rep

PO Trainer Name:
    Professor Oak
    i like what he tries to do, not sold that he believes in what he says though

Joeypals!! likes this.
  14. Edna

PO Trainer Name:
    Edna
    I don't know who he is, so my answer would be nothing! :D

15. Joeypals!!

PO Trainer Name:
    Joeypals
    Next could questions are going to be about the best fucking trailer for Sun and Moon so far! If you don't like spoilers, kindly click away and I'll see you soon!

Question for October 27th, 2016: What are your thoughts on the final starter evolutions, Decidueye (Grass/Ghost), Incineroar (Fire/Dark), and Primarina (Water/Fairy)?

16. Annoying Orange

PO Trainer Name:
    Annoying Orange
    love the pullstring hoodie design, along with the known arrow shooting wings. 10/10
    YAY NOT A FIGHTING TYPE FUCCC YES. also love its signature move. seems maybe viable.
    ok this one is a little meh to me, but I love the typing. It may be nice. its signature move seems rly stoop

Joeypals!! likes this.
  17. buny

buny heartbreak hotel

PO Trainer Name:
    buny
    I'll be honest, haven't watched a single trailer/read a spoiler for the new game besides here but fire/dark sounds cool

Joeypals!! likes this.
  18. Edna

PO Trainer Name:
    Edna
    I love all the starters

19. Professor Oak

PO Trainer Name:
    Professor Oak
    Litten's final evo looks the best. They were definitely going to make that Fire / Fighting though. I think they changed that halfway through development into a Dark-type. It just looks like a Fighting-type to me.

WHY THE PISS IS HAWKEYE GHOST AND NOT FLYING? It better fucking get Levitate as its Hidden Ability. Also that unique move is gonna cause some trouble.

lol popplio's final evo looks retarded. Its move isn't confirmed as the Burn version of Smelling Salts, but it better be. It won't get used anyway. Water / Fairy is something I predicted, but my god it looks stupid.

Joyverse likes this.
  20. E.T.

E.T. Random Slowpoke Super Moderator Server Administrator Articles Leader Super Moderator Server Administrator Articles Leader

PO Trainer Name:
    E.T.
    • I like spooky owl.
    • I'm glad fire kitty isn't a Fire / Fighting type, but I have to admit that it would have made sense based on its design.
    • I predict big Popplio will be using its signature move on itself a lot to try heal all of the burns it has gotten and will continue to get.

Joyverse likes this.
  21. o c:

o c: No i

I adore Primarina. Fuck the other two. I have always picked Grass starters first but will definitely be breaking that this time around.

Joeypals!! and Joyverse like this.
  22. Sasuke Uchiha

Sasuke Uchiha God of tits and wine

PO Trainer Name:
    Yellan
    I cant choose between Decidueye and Incineroar. But since I've never picked a Grass starter as my first choice before I guess we'll have to make this a first.

23. Joeypals!!

PO Trainer Name:
    Joeypals
    Today's question will also be about Pokemon Sun and Moon so if you don't want spoilers please click away!

Question for October 28th, 2016: What are your thoughts on the Battle Tree?

Annoying Orange likes this.
  24. Annoying Orange

PO Trainer Name:
    Annoying Orange
    I love it. I want to see Lance & Iris too. More importantly, dawn.

Joeypals!! likes this.
  25. Professor Oak

PO Trainer Name:
    Professor Oak
    pulling on nostalgia to sell units

aka Sun and Moon in general

yay generalised comments so I don't need spoiler tags!

26. E.T.

PO Trainer Name:
    E.T.
    I'm glad to see that they are bringing in old characters. I want to see how the format is going to be setup though. Will the characters only be available has doubles partners or in battle royals? Will it be setup like the BW2 PWT? I think someone already mentioned this in the other thread, but I think the inclusion of Red and Blue probably have something to do with whatever the virtual console RBY link thing will be.

27. Joeypals!!

PO Trainer Name:
    Joeypals
    Question for October 29th, 2016: If anything, what do you think we can learn from the US 2016 Presidential Election?

Annoying Orange likes this.
  28. Annoying Orange

PO Trainer Name:
    Annoying Orange
    that for at least the next 4 years, we're fucked

Edna, Joyverse, Joeypals!! and 2 others like this.
  29. pokemonnerd

pokemonnerd Only uso listens to pnerd. Devo too. Article Contributor Article Contributor

Debates make for great comedy shows!

30. Joyverse

PO Trainer Name:
    Joyverse
    That Murica will only be great again after a few years.

31. Edna

PO Trainer Name:
    Edna
    For once I can say that US sucks without being harmed xd

32. Zoroark

Zoroark Stay Firm Forum Moderator Server Moderator Forum Moderator Server Moderator

PO Trainer Name:
    SkyPhoenix / Zoroark
    That US will look like the World from Shingeki no Kyojin, surrounded by walls.

33. Joyverse

PO Trainer Name:
    Joyverse
    Instead of Wall Maria, it'll be Wall Melania! xd

34. Professor Oak

PO Trainer Name:
    Professor Oak
    Let's be perfectly honest: we're not going to learn a damn thing.

The fact that you have the worst 2 candidates in modern history and that American will certainly vote for at least one of them instead of looking at alternative solutions and trying to solve the problems that actually exist in America shows that absolutely nothing is going to be learnt. Someone is getting voted in that people don't like, things are going to get worse, and everyone is going to carry on and pretend nothing bad is happening.

There's 3rd party candidates that aren't getting voted for because "LOL NOT 2 MAJOR PARTIES, GOT NO HOPE", so instead you're going to vote in a sexist, racist sex offender who will give tax cuts to the rich; or you're going to vote in a war-mongering, privacy-invading criminal who has elections rigged in her favour who will also give tax cuts to the rich.

If American learns anything from this election, it should be that the American political system is fucking horrendous.

35. Edna

PO Trainer Name:
    Edna
    Oak4president

36. Joyverse

PO Trainer Name:
    Joyverse
    Oak isn't a US citizen. In the meantime, #POKEMONNERD4ELPRESIDENTE

Joeypals!! and Professor Oak like this.
  37. pokemonnerd

We'll definitely need those walls if Trump becomes president. The man will probably end up sparking a war.

38. Joeypals!!

PO Trainer Name:
    Joeypals
    Question for October 30th, 2016: Vine will be closing down services soon. What are your thoughts?

39. Annoying Orange

PO Trainer Name:
    Annoying Orange
    instagram video post count skyrocketing. people bringing back keek? twitter stock plummeting

Joeypals!! likes this.
  40. Zoroark

Zoroark Stay Firm Forum Moderator Server Moderator Forum Moderator Server Moderator

PO Trainer Name:
    SkyPhoenix / Zoroark
    All I can say is
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Joeypals!! and Edna like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.