1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Question of The Day! (QoTD, Thread 2) (6/7/16-1/6/17)

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Joeypals!!, Jun 7, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Annoying Orange

Annoying Orange sweet creature Server Moderator Social Media Rep Server Moderator Social Media Rep

PO Trainer Name:
    Annoying Orange
    this is the beginning of the end

2. buny

buny heartbreak hotel

PO Trainer Name:
    buny
    the woman dropped the charges because of the multiple death threats she would receive by the hour

all i have to say on trump being elected is that it's not surprising that a country built on racism and hatred elected a president whose campaign was/is built on racism and hatred. it's shameful, angering, and disgusting, but it's not surprising. and i'll be damned if i let trump take away some of my rights as a woman without a fight.

3. Dominique-XLR

Dominique-XLR I'm a simple man. I see boobs, I like.

@Joyverse ROFL I'm sorry to say that I'm the only kind soul who at least acknowledged your question.
    Although to be fair, your question sucked balls.

The lesson to be learned here is,

1. never underestimate the power of stupid people in large group.
    2. It can always get worse.

Last edited: Nov 10, 2016
    Joeypals!! likes this.
  4. TraceofLife

TraceofLife Lucky Strike

PO Trainer Name:
    TraceofLife
    America? what's that?

Joeypals!! likes this.
  5. Joeypals!!

Joeypals!! Don't you worry 'bout a thing~

PO Trainer Name:
    Joeypals
    So, Sun and Moon drop in about a week. That's pretty chill.

Question for November 10th, 2016: What do you predict the Generation VII metagame will be like?

6. Joyverse

Joyverse Back for a blast!

PO Trainer Name:
    Joyverse
    It is going to be extremely messy up in the start thanks to those evasion boosting Z-moves.
    The nerf on Gale Wings saddens me but things like DD Flygon and Gem Diancie make me feel great.
    Dis gonna be one helluva crazy metagame tbh. Would be fun!

Joeypals!! likes this.
  7. TraceofLife

TraceofLife Lucky Strike

PO Trainer Name:
    TraceofLife
    either horrendous or good

8. Dominique-XLR

I don't like the fact that most new mons are slow. With no new megas in the horizon, this might nerf hyper offense.
    Also I'm convinced we aren't getting a cancer like Aegislash. All the other sort of mess can be easily sorted out.

Joeypals!! likes this.
  9. Sasuke Uchiha

Sasuke Uchiha God of tits and wine

PO Trainer Name:
    Yellan
    Sure nothing new gets added but all the old things are still there. Plus all the banned broken mons will be back since it's a new gen. On top of that Unaware got nerfed so stall is basically dead. Especially at the start it will be nothing but hyper offense.

Joeypals!! and Fate Testarossa like this.
  10. Annoying Orange

Annoying Orange sweet creature Server Moderator Social Media Rep Server Moderator Social Media Rep

PO Trainer Name:
    Annoying Orange
    honestly, a more balanced meta.
    also VGC LOOKS FUN NOW

11. Dominique-XLR

Well People will be using new and offensive stuff more than anything else. I didn't mean stall is getting buffed. Slower, bulkier, hard hitting mons mean prevalence of Bulky Offense/Balance.

12. Joeypals!!

PO Trainer Name:
    Joeypals
    Question for November 11th, 2016: What video game crossover would you like to see?

13. Annoying Orange

PO Trainer Name:
    Annoying Orange
    pokemon n kingdom hearts

Joeypals!! likes this.
  14. Joyverse

PO Trainer Name:
    Joyverse
    Elder Scrolls and Fire Emblem seems legit af. It's gonna be pretty awesome if you tell me.

Joeypals!! likes this.
  15. pokemonnerd

pokemonnerd Only uso listens to pnerd. Devo too. Article Contributor Article Contributor

Dream Drop Distance already happened, AO.

That said, Pokémon and Fire Emblem. We've already seen what they can do with Nobunaga's ambition, and seeing all the types matter in a fire emblem setting would be really interesting if they can pull it off.

Joeypals!! likes this.
  16. Annoying Orange

PO Trainer Name:
    Annoying Orange
    sorry I want actual pokemon though

17. Dominique-XLR

Grand Theft Auto and Pokemon

Joeypals!! likes this.
  18. Professor Oak

Professor Oak same Forum Administrator Server Owner Social Media Rep Forum Administrator Server Owner Social Media Rep

PO Trainer Name:
    Professor Oak
    Pokémon and Dynasty Warriors.

We've had Hyrule Warriors, I think Pokémon Warriors would also be good. Kicking the ass of tons of Caterpie at once with a Charizard? Hell yeah.

Joeypals!! likes this.
  19. Joeypals!!

PO Trainer Name:
    Joeypals
    Question for November 12th, 2016: In your opinion, is Super Smash Bros Melee or SSB4 the better game? Please discuss in detail.

20. Annoying Orange

PO Trainer Name:
    Annoying Orange
    I had more fun playing melee or brawl over ssb4. Friends coming over & getting angry when I bopt them was a highlight of my competitive gaming childhood. I guess since I'm older and smash isn't as touching to me anymore, it's a biased opinion, but I prefer Melee.

Joeypals!! likes this.
  21. Professor Oak

Professor Oak same Forum Administrator Server Owner Social Media Rep Forum Administrator Server Owner Social Media Rep

PO Trainer Name:
    Professor Oak
    Melee has its Adventure mode, Classic mode (returning from SSB, with Break The Targets and Race to the Finish returning in new forms), All Star mode, unique Break The Target stages for each character (returning from SSB, but with new stages for all characters), alternative music for a bunch of stages, Home-Run Contest, Multi-Man Melee, Event Mode, Tournament Mode and multiple different options for battling in Versus Mode that were brand new too. It is also generally a faster-paced game, and the unintentional additions that make Melee a fantastic competitive game so many years after its original release are also amazing.

Smash 4 doesn't have a solid 1-player mode, its Classic mode is nothing like the previous Smash games, Break The Targets is gone and replaced with Target Smash which only has 3 stages and is generally shit, can't do Tournaments offline, and is generally a slower game when compared to Melee. However, it has online play, online tournaments, amiibo training support, 8-player Smash, Smash Tour, Special Orders, Custom options for characters and Miis, Mii Fighter capabilities, and the largest roster of characters thus far. It is also worth noting the 3DS version's Smash Run, which I really enjoyed, but I won't consider it for the argument.

Each of the two games has its positives, with the majority of Smash 4's positives coming purely from it being released later, thanks to advancements in technology. I personally prefer to play Melee (due to the modes that Smash 4 doesn't have tbh), and also prefer to watch competitive Melee (cos shit's so fast it's crazy), but it hurts my hands too much to play it for too long, so I tend to play Smash 4 more often now.

tl;dr Melee

Zoroark and Joeypals!! like this.
  22. Joeypals!!

PO Trainer Name:
    Joeypals
    Question for November 13th, 2016: With Pokemon Sun and Moon coming in less than a week, how good of a job do you think Nintendo did hyping these games? Was it too much, too little?

23. Cheezeburgar

Cheezeburgar dankest john

PO Trainer Name:
    John
    I think it was way overhyped especially since they introduced so many new things, but it is still a pokemon game which will always be played and liked by a lot

Joeypals!! and Joyverse like this.
  24. buny

buny heartbreak hotel

PO Trainer Name:
    buny
    honestly because they released so much about it and overhyped it so much it's made me not want to buy it

Joeypals!! likes this.
  25. Annoying Orange

PO Trainer Name:
    Annoying Orange
    they've given out too much information prior to release. The storyline has to make up for what they haven't shown.

Joeypals!! likes this.
  26. Professor Oak

PO Trainer Name:
    Professor Oak
    As a competitive Pokémon fan, I appreciate the info. Makes it easier for us to prepare the necessary tools and plan the necessary Pokémon for the future.

As a Pokémon fan, I find it odd that so much information has been announced, and I have mixed reviews overall as to the new releases. Some appeal to me, some have made me less excited. Overall, I'm still excited for the game, because I'm a Pokémon fan.

As a general gaming fan, I am really rather frustrated that just so much information has been released prior to launch, and it makes me think that I won't get to personally discover something new, and that makes me feel less excited about the game. If anything, I am worrying that they're releasing so much about the game because the game is terrible, and they're trying to just draw in purchases anyway. If I wasn't a huge Pokémon fan as well, I'd probably be waiting a short while before getting Sun and Moon, and wait for the general opinions of people before I made a decision.

In general, I think they went too far. They should have kept some stuff hidden and secret, to let players discover the plot and bits of information about the game themselves instead of throwing the vast majority of the game into the public eye. That would let people feel like they are actually experiencing a new game, instead of just "oh yeah I've heard about this, let's do it."

27. Crystal Moogle

Crystal Moogle Ayaya~ Administrator Administrator

PO Trainer Name:
    Hanako
    Yea so far it feels like there's not been a lot I haven't seen already. The new stuff that wasn't shown is kinda neat though, but Ultra Beasts especially should have been kept secret imo. It feels like they wanted to make it a surprise in-game, but it's like "oh yea I remember this from the trailer" and it just kinda falls flat.

The game overall is pretty neat though. Although I really wish Gamefreak would stop removing stuff between generations, holy shit.

Professor Oak and Joeypals!! like this.
  28. Fuzzysqurl

Fuzzysqurl baa baa mareep I do what I want Server Owner Developer I do what I want Server Owner Developer

RIP Trip + - le battles  

29. Joeypals!!

PO Trainer Name:
    Joeypals
    Question for November 14th, 2016: So, we all know time travel exists in one way or another. If you could give any time traveler any tips about this year, what you say?

30. Joyverse

PO Trainer Name:
    Joyverse
    "Psst, Hey, hey! Vote for Harambe! Call the other yous from other timelines..."
    "No IDFC about your damn untrue paradox theories. MAKE THEM VOTE FOR HARAMBE BEFORE IT IS TOO LATE!!!"

Also yeah, nice q. Would appreciate qs like these in the future! :V

Joeypals!! likes this.
  31. Zoroark

Zoroark Stay Firm Forum Moderator Server Moderator Forum Moderator Server Moderator

PO Trainer Name:
    SkyPhoenix / Zoroark
    "Don't visit America"

32. Sasuke Uchiha

Sasuke Uchiha God of tits and wine

PO Trainer Name:
    Yellan
    Put all your money on Leicester City winning the Premier League. I swear I'm not trolling you.

33. Professor Oak

PO Trainer Name:
    Professor Oak
    If someone is travelling forwards in time to this year, I'd tell them to kill Rupert Murdoch when they get back from where they came from. Perhaps his shitty influence over every media station in the English-speaking world won't be felt then, and we won't have as much fearmongering in the press.

34. Cheezeburgar

Cheezeburgar dankest john

PO Trainer Name:
    John
    no its not a prank bro

35. Annoying Orange

PO Trainer Name:
    Annoying Orange
    save harambe

Joeypals!! and Sasuke Uchiha like this.
  36. pokemonnerd

pokemonnerd Only uso listens to pnerd. Devo too. Article Contributor Article Contributor

"Trump will win the election, so go back further and tell everyone to start protesting BEFORE it happens!"

Or

"Vote for Bernie!"

Joeypals!! likes this.
  37. E.T.

E.T. Random Slowpoke Super Moderator Server Administrator Articles Leader Super Moderator Server Administrator Articles Leader

PO Trainer Name:
    E.T.
    "Pick a different year."

Joyverse and Joeypals!! like this.
  38. Dominique-XLR

Spoil everyone with spoilers regarding Pokemon SuMo

Joeypals!! likes this.
  39. Snickey

Snickey Team skull, take em' down!

PO Trainer Name:
    Razzleberry/Pikablu
    "Psst, when you go back after you've seen what this world has turned into, can I come with you?"

Joyverse and Joeypals!! like this.
  40. Joeypals!!

PO Trainer Name:
    Joeypals
    Question for November 15th, 2016: If you could write a book about your life so far, what would the title be?

Mine would be Bargain Bin Filler.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.