1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Guest, PO has ceased our separate tiering and adopted Smogon tiers for SM. More information and updates here.

Dismiss Notice

Question of The Day! (QoTD, Thread 2) (6/7/16-1/6/17)

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Joeypals!!, Jun 7, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dominique-XLR

Dominique-XLR I'm a simple man. I see boobs, I like.

Oh
    Okay then. I was just thinking of becoming Pokemon Master, the very best like no one ever was.

Joeypals!!, Blitzamirin and Zoroark like this.
  2. Blitzamirin

Blitzamirin Waluigi! Number one!

PO Trainer Name:
    Blitz
    Travel everywhere without wasting money!

E.T. and Joeypals!! like this.
  3. E.T.

E.T. SSSSSSSSSSSSS! Super Moderator Server Administrator Articles Leader Super Moderator Server Administrator Articles Leader

PO Trainer Name:
    E.T.
    Atm, I would like to be able to eat unhealthy food without the drawback of it being unhealthy.

Joeypals!! likes this.
  4. Joeypals!!

Joeypals!! Don't you worry 'bout a thing~

PO Trainer Name:
    Joeypals
    Question for June 29th, 2016: If you were to bring back American Idol, how would you change it?

5. Blitzamirin

PO Trainer Name:
    Blitz
    It was frankly outclassed by The Voice. American Idol being just based on auditions and solo performances (and multiple songs nearing the end) hurt it p badly, as well as the radical shift in judges towards the later seasons. Idt there's even judge to contestant interactions and they are mostly on their lonesome practicing songs. The one good thing that came out of it was the group of current contestants advertising things together I guess.

It should have changed the format a bit and experimented with different types of things to do, but this is REALLY hard to do when The Voice does the whole "this isn't just a singing competition" well. There's blind auditions, group stand offs, and getting to know talented / acclaimed people in the music industry, which makes the contestant dynamic unique and more engaging compared to American Idol. They had to have cemented something other than "sing, get voted on, sing again next week" to make the formula not seem so one-dimensional. Face-offs, completely changing the genres of performed songs, etc.

Joeypals!! likes this.
  6. Professor Oak

Professor Oak same Forum Administrator Server Owner Social Media Rep Forum Administrator Server Owner Social Media Rep

PO Trainer Name:
    Professor Oak
    idk specifically what, but something that'd benefit the world and get me rich as fuck, Zoroark's renewable energy idea is good
    I wouldn't bring it back.

Joeypals!! likes this.
  7. Joeypals!!

PO Trainer Name:
    Joeypals
    Question for June 30th, 2016: So, we got 7 new Pokemon today. What's your opinions on them? Gonna leave spoilers to images for all 7 below. The trailer will be below those images.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

8. Fate Testarossa

Fate Testarossa Unbreakable Bond

PO Trainer Name:
    Fate Testarossa
    Vikavolt and Tapukoko look pretty damn cool to me. The others just seem meh, but maybe their evolutions (if they have any) will end up looking decent.

Joeypals!! likes this.
  9. Zoroark

Zoroark Aka Flare Forum Moderator Server Moderator Forum Moderator Server Moderator

PO Trainer Name:
    SkyPhoenix / Zoroark
    Agreeing above. Those two are the designs that look better for me. But well, that's just me. Perhaps people find cute that gamefreak threw a bucket of bleach on top of a Dedenne / Pikachu in order to create Togedemaru.

Fate Testarossa and Joeypals!! like this.
  10. Dominique-XLR

Oh my god they are so ugly (Not you Togedemaru)

Srsly, I'm no genwunner, but are they serious?

Bruxish would fit better in Family guy than Pokemon. It's like Dory with lewd thoughts.

Drumpa: how does this thing reproduce with these looks? Also normal/dragon type; say no to hitting super-effectively

Charjabug: Is this really happening? Did we just get a toaster mon?

Vikavot: WAT

Tapu Koko: WAT

Joyverse and Joeypals!! like this.
  11. E.T.

E.T. SSSSSSSSSSSSS! Super Moderator Server Administrator Articles Leader Super Moderator Server Administrator Articles Leader

PO Trainer Name:
    E.T.
    I like all of them tbh. Tapukoko is probably the best, but Charjabug and Drampa (inb4 nicknaming it Grampa) look fun. The things I'm most excited to see are the new type combinations like Normal/Dragon and Bug/Fairy and new Fairy-types since Fairy could still use some new Pokemon since it's the newest type.

12. Blitzamirin

PO Trainer Name:
    Blitz
    Drampa is hype lol. Idk why people don't like its design... the eyes? 2nd mon I'm thinking of adding to my in-game team after Rowlet.

Togedemaru seems like the most useful Pika clone to date potentially. Steel / Electric is a fantastic typing (as proven by the Magne line) already and it gets Lightning Rod. Hopefully it gets a good movepool (unlike Dedenne) and ok stats to make something out of it.

Charjabug and Vikavolt being the evos of Grubbin are really fitting and Vikavolt's is one cool as fuck design (though it reminds me of Pinsir and Heracross interbreeding). Hopefully it pulls a Scolipede in terms of stats so it's viable, maybe outclassing Galvantula while it's at it.

Cutiefly reminds me too much of Beautifly name wise. The unique typing is nice so I hope its evos keep it and turn it into an ok Bug for in-game uses.

Bruxish uses a typing that hasn't been used since the Slowpoke line or Starmie and has a priority negating ability to boot. Hopefully it's not like Basculin stat-wise because it looks really cool to use. The design is ugly but its inspiration (the Hawaiian state fish) is super solid.

Tapu Koko resembles the face of a bird when it joins the 2 hand things together. Inspired from one of the 4 Tiki Gods so if it is indeed a legend, then the other 3 Alola islands will also have similar guardians (probably representing Grassy Terrain, Misty Terrain, and either a new terrain or the quartet master having something else). The design is pretty awesome and I'm happy GF might represent more legendary lines this gen.

Overall pretty happy with these. We have a ton of Pokemon revealed so far after a horrible start for SM so this makes me really happy as we might potentially see a bigger dex than XY had to offer. No Megas yet but we'll see !_!

Last edited: Jul 1, 2016
  13. Professor Oak

Professor Oak same Forum Administrator Server Owner Social Media Rep Forum Administrator Server Owner Social Media Rep

PO Trainer Name:
    Professor Oak
    First thing to note
    First thing to note: These names are clearly the anglicised versions of the Japanese names, so all these names are subject to change.

Drampa looks weird as fuck. Also, the fuck is that typing? Normal/Dragon? STAB Hyper Beam, lgi? Shit on by every Steel-type in the game. It needs to be Physical and get access to Close Combat or something to actually see any use imo, else the current Dragons shit all over it. Its ability seems to boost some sort of offensive stat when at low health / hit with a super-effective hit, so that's interesting at least. It's also new... I guess that's a thing.

Togedemaru is Pikachu clone. Direct competition with Magneton and Magnezon. Needs to be faster than both to have any chance of being used, and even then, without Magnet Pull, I can't see it being that good. Seemed to me like it gets Lightning Rod from watching the trailer, which is 1 sort-of positive I guess.

Charjabug evolves into Vikavolt. I actually really like Charjabug's design: a bug that fits perfectly into the shape of a square battery is simple and effective imo. Probably only the 3rd design out of all of Gen 7 I've liked thus far. Vikavolt is the 4th. I hope they try and make it different to Galvantula, cos I do really like the Bug/Electric typing.

Cutiefly... dear god I hope it gets a name change, cos that name is just disgraceful. Bug / Fairy just makes it weaker to Steel- and Fire-types than normal Fairies are. Still, nice to see something new.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Do those look familiar? I think someone in Game Freak has either been ripping off of Dark Cloud, or I need to actually find out the origins of the floaty masky dudes and the really weird looking fish. Anyway, back to the opinions.

Tapu Koko... I like the idea of it. Going back to Dark Cloud and the Nikapous enemies, I always really liked their design and how they were fought: They could close their arm-shell-things and be immune to damage, but would then come out of the shell to attack, either with claws on their feet, or by spitting fireballs. They also moved kinda quickly. Noting all that, and that Tapu is apparently Hawaiian for "sacred" or "holy", and I think this is a legendary Pokémon, and it will probably have some really good stats. I hope it does have good stats regardless, because I really like Dedenne's typing, but I think it is just not good in terms of stats. The Electric Terrain-creating ability boosts its Electric-type moves by 50% for 5 turns, and prevents it from being put to Sleep when the terrain is active too. This could definitely be one to watch.

Finally, we get to Bruxish... oh dear god, it is fucking hideous and smarmy like the Garayan fish from the Dark Cloud series which means people are going to find them really awesome and they're gonna be super popular in Japan. Ugh. Anyway, Water / Psychic typing again. Considering it has Mega Slowbro, Slowbro, Slowking and Starmie to contend with, I can see it dropping way down the tier list. Still, its ability seems to stop priority moves, so that's a cool thing about it, but without decent stats and that ability working on all Pokémon on its side of the field, I can't see it getting any use.

EDIT: With the official English release of the trailer...

ugh Cutiefly keeps its dumb name, AND gets Honey Gather / Shield Dust? They better give it a damn good stat spread or decent evolutions, cos Cutiefly itself is confirmed shit tier now.

Grubbin -> Charjabug -> Vikavolt confirmed (good job Blitz), also Vikavolt gets Levitate, so it's a bug-type with immunity to Ground-type moves, a resistance to Electric- and Steel-type moves, neutrality to Flying-type moves, and STAB Electric-type moves. I'm definitely hype for it, I really hope it gets decent stats now.

Togedemaru gets Iron Barbs to no one's surprise.

Rockruff gets the standard Keen Eye / Vital Spirit abilities, but is apparently confirmed to evolve at least once, so that's cool. Komala isn't confirmed to evolve though, which worries me.

Last edited: Jul 1, 2016
    Blitzamirin and Joeypals!! like this.
  14. Joyverse

Joyverse Back for a blast!

PO Trainer Name:
    Joyverse
    Grubbin evolves into a power bank? That's cute. I didn't exactly fall in love with any of them, though Tapukoko was something I wanted, gib moar tikimons! Vikavolt is actually cool tbh, tho it needs the stats to boot. Rest idc much, will edit moar soon.
    EDIT:ZYGARDE COMPLETE GETS A DANK NEW MOVE CALLED CORE ENFORCER AND IT'S DRAGONE :V shame that it's almost like Zen Darma in terms of usage. ;-;

Last edited: Jul 2, 2016
    Joeypals!! likes this.
  15. Joeypals!!

PO Trainer Name:
    Joeypals
    Question for July 1st, 2016: So, we're halfway through the year. What is your favorite part of this year so far?

16. Zoroark

Zoroark Aka Flare Forum Moderator Server Moderator Forum Moderator Server Moderator

PO Trainer Name:
    SkyPhoenix / Zoroark
    Lots of new Tech Gadgets that have been already released and the ones that will be released to the market in the following months.

Joeypals!! likes this.
  17. Blitzamirin

PO Trainer Name:
    Blitz
    How much of a volatile rollercoaster it has been and it's only been half a year.

Joeypals!! likes this.
  18. Dominique-XLR

The fat nose, the beard/chin that looks like drool; the ear/hair that looks like soaked towel; the absolutely disproportionate necks (it shouldn't be able to lift it's fat head); legs that are one third fin and one third wings; Rear legs, butt and tail fused into one grotesques appendage, ridiculous fur, overall drowsy and dumb look among other reasons why people don't like it.

On to today's question, can't really think of anything particularly good that happened this year *scratches head*

Blitzamirin and Joeypals!! like this.
  19. Professor Oak

PO Trainer Name:
    Professor Oak
    Shoutout to Sasuke Uchiha for his deleted post, it gave me a good laugh.

Tbh, me moving in with the girlfriend is the only "positive" thing thus far. 2016 has been dogshit otherwise.

Joeypals!! and Sasuke Uchiha like this.
  20. Sasuke Uchiha

Sasuke Uchiha God of tits and wine

PO Trainer Name:
    Yellan
    Late af but don't care.

Drampa - Just fucking awesome.
    Cutiefly - Awesome name. Please don't change it.
    Charjabug - It looks like a fucking bus. Awesome. Better than all the other boring coccoon pokemon.
    Vikavolt - From a charging plug to a bus to a railgun. Awesome.
    Bruxish - Best looking fish pokemon ever. Let's see if it can be as awesome as Seaking.
    Togedemaru - Fucking yawn.
    Tapu Koko - Awesome ability. Design reminds me of Sigilyph, it looks pretty weird.

Joeypals!! likes this.
  21. Joeypals!!

PO Trainer Name:
    Joeypals
    Question for July 2nd, 2016: What is the worst movie to come out so far this year?

EvilDingoRobot likes this.
  22. EvilDingoRobot

EvilDingoRobot HELLOOOOOOOO

PO Trainer Name:
    Duck Hunt
    Batman vs Superman was the biggest disappointment I have seen this year.

Joeypals!! likes this.
  23. Sasuke Uchiha

PO Trainer Name:
    Yellan
    I came into that movie expecting nothing but I was still let down. The best part was the intro of Wonder Woman, so that's saying something.

Joeypals!! and Fate Testarossa like this.
  24. Professor Oak

PO Trainer Name:
    Professor Oak
    Haven't watched any new releases this year.

25. Draciel

Draciel ALLEZ! ALLEZ! ALLEZ!

PO Trainer Name:
    Neo
    X-Men Apocalypse easily; the whole movie was a disaster. Batman vs Superman comes a close second among those which I've seen.

Joeypals!! likes this.
  26. E.T.

PO Trainer Name:
    E.T.
    I still don't understand why X-Men Apocalypse gets so much hate. I thought that it was actually pretty good but just not as good as the last one. I haven't actually seen Batman vs Superman, but I would guess that it would be a candidate for worst movie so far this year based on what I've heard.

Joeypals!! and Sasuke Uchiha like this.
  27. Joeypals!!

PO Trainer Name:
    Joeypals
    Question for July 3rd, 2016: So, Brightpowder and Luck Incense are banned now. Let's say the items Quick Claw and King's Rock were up for discussion for banning. How do you side and why?

28. Sasuke Uchiha

PO Trainer Name:
    Yellan
    Don't care because no one uses crap like that anyway and if they do they're bad. I have to admit I've used King's Rock Cloyster myself for shenanigans, but yeah. Shenanigans are what makes games fun.

Joeypals!! likes this.
  29. EvilDingoRobot

EvilDingoRobot HELLOOOOOOOO

PO Trainer Name:
    Duck Hunt
    Yeah pretty much what Sasuke Uchiha said, I personally believe that as hax was part of the pokemon games, they should stay in the simulator.
    Yes, they are luck based and rage inducing, but strategies can revolve around that, I know myself that I have depended on flinches and crits in some situations.
    If they were banned though, I would have absolutely no problem.

30. Professor Oak

PO Trainer Name:
    Professor Oak
    Quick Claw doesn't get used competitively afaik, so it isn't really an issue imo. Why run the risk of not outspeeding when you can just play better?

King's Rock sees use on multi-hit mons like Cloyster and Cinccino, which means it at least gets used. It isn't super-OP to the point of those mons breaking the top tiers, so I don't see the point in getting rid of that either.

At least you used to see the odd Brightpowder, OHKO move or Evasion move causing havoc in Ubers and OU.

p.s. i dont really like the confusion ban, esp considering Chatter (nothing is immune and 100% confuse rate), Dynamicpunch (Machamp gets 100% para with No Guard, but Ghosts stop it), Hurricane (ass accuracy but 30% chance and strong as fuck), and Water Pulse (don't use this for the 20% chance, even on Mega Launcher mons, cos Scald has better utility and Hydro Pump has more power) are all still in the metagame. Still, Chatot is LU, Machamp is UU, and people aren't calling for Hurricane bans so w/e

p.p.s. fuk competitive mons

Joeypals!! likes this.
  31. Joeypals!!

PO Trainer Name:
    Joeypals
    Question for July 4th, 2016: What is your favorite thing about the United States of America?

32. gengar17

gengar17 someone turn this nothing into gengar

Last edited: Jul 6, 2016
    Joeypals!! likes this.
  33. Professor Oak

PO Trainer Name:
    Professor Oak
    Your 2 presidental candidates are potential paedo and general dickhead; and potential lawbreaker on multiple fronts and general dickhead.

Noting that, my favourite thing about the USA is the stupidity of its populus.

34. VuvuzelaΒzz

VuvuzelaΒzz •Sage

PO Trainer Name:
    Stephen Colbur
    The fact that Washington D.C. isn't located in Washington State. [​IMG]

Joeypals!! likes this.
  35. Ascarotte

Ascarotte Well-Known Member Forum Moderator Channel Leader Forum Moderator Channel Leader

I like how restaurants commonly have Iced Tea on their drinks menu :3

36. Edna

Edna Chasing the Dragon Forum Moderator Forum Moderator

PO Trainer Name:
    Edna
    Food

37. Joeypals!!

PO Trainer Name:
    Joeypals
    ...omg did I forget today's q? Two tomorrow, I promise. Ooooops

38. E.T.

PO Trainer Name:
    E.T.
    Yes.

Worst question ever.

39. Professor Oak

PO Trainer Name:
    Professor Oak
    oak axe qistin gen

Qistin 4 fiv juli mmxvi: y es joey wurst eva, nd y es joey elso segun wurst eva?????
    eet a dik

40. E.T.

PO Trainer Name:
    E.T.
    Oak go home you're drunk.

Joeypals!! likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.