1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Guest, PO has ceased our separate tiering and adopted Smogon tiers for SM. More information and updates here.

Dismiss Notice

Suspect Discussion: Dragalge [Banned]

Discussion in 'Gen 6 NU' started by Xdevo, Jun 11, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Xdevo

Xdevo Phrasing Super Moderator Tour Director Super Moderator Tour Director

[​IMG]

Discuss the possibility of Dragalge being banned from the ORAS NU tier.

Use this thread to discuss Dragalge's effect on the metagame; talk about the different sets it can use, good partners and potential checks/counters. State your opinion on whether you think it should be banned, but make sure your posts are backed up by experience and knowledge. Anyone who makes post based on theorymon risks being infracted.

If you're unsure about posting check out this guide and post anyway.

Purpleseamonkey and E.T. like this.
  2. Lacus Clyne

Lacus Clyne This might get unpleasant!

PO Trainer Name:
    Lacus Clyne
    Nothing can take a Specs Adability attack.
    It has access to Toxic Spikes.
    Has a decent 123 SpD base.
    The typing allows it to switch-in quite safely. Water / Grass / Fire / Fighting and many more aren't effective against that thing.

It should be quite obvious to quick ban this thing to balance the meta.

3. Funbot28

Funbot28 Active Member

Ugmm ya there is literally no switchin to this monster in the tier. I initially thought that Sp.Def Registeel would be a decent check, but oh boy I was wrong...

252+ SpA Choice Specs Dragalge Focus Blast vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Registeel: 192-226 (52.7 - 62%) -- 99.6% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
    252+ SpA Choice Specs Adaptability Dragalge Draco Meteor vs. 0 HP / 144 SpD Assault Vest Lanturn: 268-316 (68.5 - 80.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
    252+ SpA Choice Specs Dragalge Focus Blast vs. 0 HP / 0- SpD Mawile: 317-373 (131.5 - 154.7%) -- guaranteed OHKO
    252+ SpA Choice Specs Adaptability Dragalge Draco Meteor vs. 240 HP / 16 SpD Musharna: 392-462 (90.5 - 106.6%) -- 43.8% chance to OHKO
    252+ SpA Choice Specs Adaptability Dragalge Draco Meteor vs. 64 HP / 0 SpD Assault Vest Magmortar: 266-314 (86.6 - 102.2%) -- 12.5% chance to OHKO

The list can go on and on, but to sum it up, Dragalge has basically no sure counters in the tier. Yes it is quite slow and its physical bulk can be exploited by common types such as Ground and Psychic, but the sheer power and mandatory sacking that the opponent will need to do when this monster switches in makes me believe it should be banned a.s.a.p.

P.S: I know its irrelevant, but I even find this thing broken in LU lol..

4. E.T.

E.T. SSSSSSSSSSSSS! Super Moderator Server Administrator Articles Leader Super Moderator Server Administrator Articles Leader

PO Trainer Name:
    E.T.
    There's really not much more to say about this. Choice Specs Dragalge is simply too powerful as a wall breaker with STABs like Draco Meteor and Sludge Wave that get boosted by Adaptability. Fairy-types can switch into Draco Meteor, but they get bopped if it clicks Sludge Wave instead. Steel-types can switch into Sludge Wave, but they get bopped by Focus Blast, and in some cases, they still take heavy damage from Draco Meteor. I once tried switching scarf Magneton in trying to predict Sludge Wave, and I got cleanly OHKO'd by Draco Meteor. Sure, Dragalge is slow, and with offense, there are ways to exploit that, but defensively there's really not any reliable counter play to it. Even if you do somehow get something in safely against it, it finds plenty of opportunities to switch back in thanks to its decent bulk and typing. Yeah, Dragalge should most definitely be banned.

DracoNova and Funbot28 like this.
  5. Jogger

Jogger New Member

Psyshock users have treated me quite well against it. ...But Nonetheless, its not NU material

Last edited: Jun 16, 2016
  6. Edna

Edna Chasing the Dragon Forum Moderator Forum Moderator

PO Trainer Name:
    Edna
    Haha look at these people who don't know that Dragalge have counters such as Muk: 252+ SpA Choice Specs Adaptability Dragalge Draco Meteor vs. 220 HP / 252+ SpD Assault Vest Muk: 184-218 (45.3 - 53.6%) -- 40.2% chance to 2HKO

Ban this pls it has so little switchins it gets a kill everytime it's in

7. Draciel

Draciel ALLEZ! ALLEZ! ALLEZ!

PO Trainer Name:
    Neo
    Dragalge is nothing but a monster in NU, destroying everything in it's path that's not Registeel with it's Adaptability boosted STAB Draco Meteor/Sludge wave. Even Registeel gets handily 2HKOed by Focus Blast, so it can be considered a shaky 'check' at best. Even though it's speed is a limiting factor in it's capability to sweep opposing teams, it can easily be aided with slow volt-turn support. It absolutely demolishes slower defensively oriented teams due to the sheer power of it's STABs, and even though it's supposed to have a relatively harder time against offense, it's excellent spdef and typing with resistance to common attacking types (4x grass, 2x water/electric/fire/fighting) allows it to switch-in quite easily. So Dragalge will now be banned from ORAS NU.

E.T. likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.