1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

[BW2] Kerudio

Discussion in 'Gen 5 Discussion' started by Mattstah, Dec 27, 2010.

1. Mattstah

Mattstah Emotional Sickness

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]/[​IMG]
    91/72/90/129/90/108
    Ability: Justice Heart
    Weak to: Flying, Grass, Electric, Psychic
    Resists: Rock, Bug, Steel, Fire, Water, Ice, Dark

Another interesting addition to the Generation V competitive scene. Base 108 Speed is actually pretty nice. Add that with 129 Special Attack, Calm Mind, and Mystery Sword, and you have a pretty awesome Pokemon. You have a usable base 72 Attack, although I don't prefer it. However, mixed sets are viable, with Cheer Up, Aqua Jet, and that ability, Justice Heart, which would be useless for CM sets. Base 90 defenses are also okay.

Now, let's look at it's typing. Seven resistances and four weaknesses is okay, but this means Zapdos can easily defeat it, especially since Kerudio does not get Ice Beam. Shandera also has Energy Ball or Psychic to OHKO it, but one Calm Mind will leave it standing.

Cheer Up for mixed attacking, Calm Mind for special attacking, and Swords Dance for physical attacking. Aqua Jet, Justice Heart, Close Combat, X-Scissor, Stone Edge, and Aqua Tail are awesome choices for physical variants, and Aqua Jet can be used for mixed. Even though Kerudio is obviously specially inclined, its movepool there is dreadfully limited. Surf and Mystery Sword are all you need, but Ice Beam would've been nice. This forces Kerudio to rely on Hidden Power, and it's "pick-your-poison." You can use Ice to get rid of Dragons and Zapdos, or Electric for flying types.

Discuss, and no insults please.

Last edited: Dec 27, 2010
  2. Wulfert

Wulfert It is me

Kerudio can also use HP Ghost because Mystery Sword and HP Ghost got no resists.

3. Contest Master Majin

Contest Master Majin Member

Might want to mention bulk. With 200 Def EVs, a +2 EQ from Jolly Dory can't OHKO and with 56 SpA EVs, Kerudio can OHKO Dory with Surf. And yes. Needs moar Ice Beam. My Little Pony ftw!

4. Crystal Moogle

Crystal Moogle Ayaya~ Administrator Administrator

PO Trainer Name:
    Hanako
    I love My Little Pony pokémon
    It's awesome
    Mystery Sword allows it to go mixed, without any Atk Evs, Surf is a good move in itself, and the Sp Atk on this thing is just wow.

5. Stofil

Stofil Hello Miss Galaxy

This thing has an absolutely fantastic base spread, I can't stress how useful that speed is in this metagame.

6. Ginku

Ginku Member

The one and only set is CM+3 attacks, the others suck. Except for maybe some boostless set, dunno.

7. scarloc

scarloc Member

something to look out for. unfortunately he is stopped cold by brungeru resisting both STABs and HP Electric wont do much. still this guy (pony) has something going for it.

8. cosmicexplorer

cosmicexplorer SWAG

Hidden Power shouldn't really be used for that kind of coverage; it should be used to allow a pokemon with bad coverage an SE hit on something that resists its other attacks. 70 BP isn't good enough for a coverage move like that.

9. Stofil

Stofil Hello Miss Galaxy

Burungeru pretty much has to carry toxic to stop My Little Pony, as burn does not half special attack and calm mind boosts the special bulk. If you're carrying lefties it doesn't really kill you quick either... Burungeru feels a lot more like a temporary roadblock, espeically if you're carrying hidden power electric.

10. Ice-eyes

Ice-eyes Member

HP Ghost is pretty useful actually. Like HP Electric, it hits Burungeru, but it also nails [email protected] and Celebi. Sadly, it misses out on Gyarados which kind of sucks.

11. cosmicexplorer

cosmicexplorer SWAG

Then again, Gyara is almost unused outside of stall teams so far, and Kerudio resists most of Gyara's moves, so all Gyara can do is phaze it out. Annoying as that may be, Kerudio can do a good amount of damage with its STAB, and with Gyara's weakness to SR, it's not much of a roadblock.

12. Stofil

Stofil Hello Miss Galaxy

You can also opt for boiling water instead of surf to neuter any gyarados without resttalk, not that I think anyone actually runs something except resttalk these days.

13. Ginku

Ginku Member

boild over on offensive sets should be punished, not encouraged. Really, dropping 15 BP for a 30% burn chance is stupid, you want to sweep and not luck around.

14. Stofil

Stofil Hello Miss Galaxy

Calm Mind can be pseudo-offensive really, since you're bulking up specially a chance to burn won't hurt when there's a big chance the things switching in on you will be physically inclined. It's a different niche then going all out with your Kerudio and can possibly net you more calm minds in the long run, at which point it will do more damage then surf anyway.

15. Mattstah

Neutral damage is okay, especially with good Special Attack and a few CM boosts.

16. coolguy31337

coolguy31337 Amor Fati

I've had this HP discussion in Indigo a while back; there are really only a few decent ones;

HP Electric to deal with Burungeru and Gyara, HP Ice to hit the Dragon/Flyings, HP Rock gives perfect coverage (which neither Elec nor Ice give) but more importantly allows you to hit both gyara and the flying dragons, and HP Dark is used the same way HP Ghost would be, except without the loss of that 1 Def and 1 SpDef IV.

17. Ginku

Ginku Member

While we're talking about that, hp ice with shandera support should be nice. Just remove burungeru and maybe cripple gyara and then unleash the pony.

18. Champ X

Champ X The real Megauser

Nah. I personally run this:
    [email protected] Orb
    Justice Heart
    Timid nature
    252 Sp.Atk/252 Speed/6 def
    Mystery Sword
    Boil Over
    Toxic
    Calm Mind

Mystery Sword and Boil Over is there for obvious reasons, while Toxic forces Milotic to Rest or switch, essentially giving me a turn to CM.

19. Luquincito

Luquincito Member

Item: Leftovers
    Trait: Justice Heart
    EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
    Nature: Timid

Moves:

Surf
    Mystery Sword
    Hidden Power [Electric]
    Calm Mind

With its high speed and one Calm Mind, it kills a lot of pokemons. Blissey can stop it, but with a Calm Mind, Mistery Sword its 2HKO.

20. Plaatinum10

Plaatinum10 だけUbers

PO Trainer Name:
    Plaatinum
    I actually prefer the rock/fighting type one, but oh well =P

I find this thing easy to take out

=P

21. Mattstah

I found out this thing can take out Breloom easily. It outspeeds it, and it can take the Mach Punch.

22. bludhoundz

bludhoundz New Member

I find one of his best moves to be Substitute.

Besides Surf and Mystery Sword, he has to rely on Hidden Power for coverage. Even so, he can't beat most of the threats HP hits SE without a boost or two unless they are hit 4x effective (which is why I think HP Ice and Electric are really the best ones).

Substitute eases prediction on the switch, and often guarantees a kill. Nattorei is 2hko'd by Mystery Sword while he breaks your sub, for example.

Someone also posted Toxic and I think that's another viable option. This thing has amazing stats but it's movepool is really just pretty bad.

23. Aurist

Aurist I do not jump for joy. I frolic in doubt.

the thing is damn good.

that said:

HOW IN THE HELL DID YOU GUYS LET IT FALL TO UU?

also, that said, it got pretty trolled by its movepool, which is largely physical and has a big hole where Ice Beam should be.

24. yiran

yiran Become a Magical Girl!

After using ranked stats, Kerudio ends up at 5% or something similar. It was the players at the bottom of the ladder that made it fall.

Anyways, Kerudio is actually a pretty good pokemon, despite its bad movepool. With it's good typing it can even go Defensive (although its not really recommended...).

25. Bamarah

Bamarah "Baton Pass Elite"

Great Pokemon....use it on my Fighting Monotype team

Item: Leftovers
    Nature: Modest
    EVs: 6 HP, 126 Defense, 252 Special Attack, 126 Special Defense
    Moves: Calm Mind, Hidden Power (Ice), Secret Sword, & Surf

It's Shiny too...

26. Aurist

Aurist I do not jump for joy. I frolic in doubt.

i'm sure it has enough defenses (alongside its plethora of good resistances) to run 252 def or HP instead of the 126/126.

edit: holy crap that was my 200th post.

27. User Name

User Name Life is a maze

I wish the guy had better Atk. :P
    Aqua Jet alone is enough to make me consider a physical set, but with that Atk...it's not like it can really lure anything, either; Mystery Sword hits all the same targets as Close Combat.
    That being said, it has a pretty nice Speed teir. :D

28. YanMiga-Reborn

YanMiga-Reborn I Liek Mudkipz

phsyically offensive keldeo is not that bad since he can learn sword dance and have access to prority move- aqua jet and with base stats like 91/72/90/129/90/108 , he have pretty decent sp def , high speed and very high sp attk . he can wall phsyical attackers with scald (30% burn) its a damm pity he don't get a instant recovery move ;_;

29. Wizarus

Wizarus New Member

This thing is a monster. Switch in on TTar(which is everywhere) and Sub on the switch. Substitute + 3 attacks has been amazing for me. Though Hydro Pump is needed to hit things hard since you wont have the CM boosts.

30. Judas

Judas Member

Everything is better with an instant recovery move. I for one am happy not every last pokemon gets one.

31. red12345

red12345 New Member

Scald and Calm Mind are pretty cool. He can also set up a quick sub. It does have 91/90/90 defenses and Water/Fighting give some pretty awesome resistances.

Choicing it is not a bad idea...

32. User Name

User Name Life is a maze

@KLucas
    Alakazam's Recover is practically useless because it's KOed easily. :P
    Some Pokemon can use instant recovery better than others.
    Although recovery may be too much for a Pokemon like this. XD