1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Guest, PO has ceased our separate tiering and adopted Smogon tiers for SM. More information and updates here.

Dismiss Notice

Suspect Discussion: Glalitite [Banned]

Discussion in 'Gen 6 NU' started by Xdevo, Jun 23, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Xdevo

Xdevo Phrasing Super Moderator Tour Director Super Moderator Tour Director

[​IMG]

Discuss the possibility of Mega Glalie (Glalitite) being banned from the ORAS NU tier.

Use this thread to discuss Mega Glalie's effect on the metagame; talk about the different sets it can use, good partners and potential checks/counters. State your opinion on whether you think it should be banned, but make sure your posts are backed up by experience and knowledge. Anyone who makes post based on theorymon risks being infracted.

If you're unsure about posting check out this guide and post anyway.

E.T. likes this.
  2. Edna

Edna Chasing the Dragon Forum Moderator Forum Moderator

PO Trainer Name:
    Edna
    Mega Glalie is very tricky in NU because it does pack a decent counter such as Registeel or Prinplup, but yeah it can learn Earthquake,Freeze Dry and even Spikes to cripple a lot of mons on the switch. On top of that it has priority with an excellent ability to use moves such as Double Edge/Return and Explosion with a lot of power. I do believe it's way too powerful for NU and needs to be banned

3. E.T.

E.T. SSSSSSSSSSSSS! Super Moderator Server Administrator Articles Leader Super Moderator Server Administrator Articles Leader

PO Trainer Name:
    E.T.
    Grabbing this from my post in another thread:

STAB Refrigerate Double Edge hits for massive damage to things that don't resist it, and it is only resisted by Steel, Fire, Water, Ice, and Thick Fat. Steel- and Fire-types get bopped by Earthquake, and Water-types get bopped by Freeze-Dry. Avalugg and Walrein are the only notable Ice-types that can switch into it, and Hariyama can check it with Thick Fat and priority. Speaking of priority, Mega Glalie gets Ice Shard too.

To add to this, I'd also like to point out that Mega Glalie has a great Speed tier for NU at base 100, and this allows it to be faster than a large majority of the unboosted metagame. However, I would also like to add Miltank to my list of Thick Fat users because the physically defensive variant can be quite effective. Overall, I don't think there are enough reliable answers to Mega Glalie in NU to keep it from being broken due to its ability to spam strong Refrigerate-boosted attacks and bypass many usual Ice-resists with its coverage. I think Mega Glalie should be banned from ORAS NU.

4. Funbot28

Funbot28 Active Member

Ya I have to agree that Mega Glalie is too powerful for the current metagame. Don't want to regurgitate what others stated but it is hands down the best wallbreaker because it can literally open up so many holes in the enemy teams even if they carry 1-2 checks for it (cause I don't really believe Mega Glalie has counters atm). It also has great speed and Ice is such a devastating typing offensively. It also has very low risk/reward to it (a.k.a reward>>>risk) because it is too effective on what it does being nuking walls. It should be banned.

5. Draciel

Draciel ALLEZ! ALLEZ! ALLEZ!

PO Trainer Name:
    Neo
    Glalie's high attack stats, decent speed coupled with it's overwhelming power in STAB Double Edge thanks to Refrigerate makes it too much of an offensive threat for NU to handle. It does massive damage to anything that isn't a bulky Steel/Water, and Earthquake/Freeze dry helps deal with those. Add to that it's ability stack up spikes as every single Hazard control mon loses to it 1v1, decently strong priority in Ice shard means it's too brings too much to the table in terms of offensive presence.

So from now on Glalilite will be banned from ORAS NU.

Funbot28 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.