1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

[POCL] Pokemon Online Champions League 2016 [Format]

Discussion in 'Official Tournaments' started by Finchinator, Jul 4, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Finchinator

Finchinator IT’S FINK DUMBASS

PO Trainer Name:
    Finchinator / Finch
    Welcome to POCL 2016!

For those unaware of the POCL, it is a tournament based off of the Champions League of football, where players will be purchased by teams and play against one another for 7 weeks in a round-robin style. At the end of the qualifying weeks, the 4 teams with the most points advance to play in the Semi-Finals playoffs.
    For this year, I, @Finchinator, will be your host - please direct any questions or concerns at me.

Tiers
    After much consideration, there will be 12 tiers played within the tournament.

ORAS Ubers / ORAS OU / ORAS OU / ORAS UU / ORAS LU / ORAS NU / ORAS LC / BW OU / HGSS OU / ADV OU / GSC OU / RBY OU

8 teams and 7 weeks, each team will play another team once, and the four teams with the most wins will go into the playoffs the 1st team playing the 4th team and the 2nd team playing the 3rd team. The winners of those match-ups will go to finals.

Managers will join an appointed channel at a specific, TBD time, with TBD amount of credits to bid on players with. Assistant Managers are unable to play and retains will not occur this year.

The auction will be ordered, using a 1 -> 8 then 8 -> 1 system for nominations. This means that the managers will take turns nominating players to go up for the auction. When it reaches the last manager the system reverses and they will select first for the next round.

A bot will handle the auction process, managed by TBD ( @Draciel help pls ). Each player will have a starting baseline price of 3,000 credits. Managers can then use the command “/bid *amount*” to bid on the player. If no bids are submitted in a certain amount of time the auction for that player will stop and the credits will be subtracted from the total of the winning manager. The time of the auction is currently TBD.

This system will continue until all managers have ran out of credit unless we decide to do a mid-season auction - this will be figured out prior to the actual auction.

If a player missed signups or did not get chosen during the auction, there will be a mid-season pick up as an extra opportunity, but not everyone will be picked in either auction, so try to maximize your chances of getting picked by interacting with the managers and trying-out!

Managers and (Assistant Managers) (I'll add in location names later)

@rozes and @TDK - Tauros
    @Draciel and TBD - Articuno
    @Aurist and @amber lamps - Stunfisk
    @choolio and @TonyFlygon - Delibird
    @Genesis7 and @Shaka Brah - Arcanine
    @TraceofLife and @Xdevo - Lapras
    @Atli and @Tricking - ???
    @CuboneThugsnSkarmory and @MeowMix - Milotic

We took a long time discussing our managerial picks and have been in contact with all of them. It came down to a TD vote to chose between a few people and I apologize to all of those who applied, but did not get picked - it is unfortunate, but I am simply doing what is best for the quality of the tournament and the other TDs have been in on this, too.

Relevant Information
    Tournament Joining Rules: http://pokemon-online.eu/forums/sho...ing-Joining-and-Participating-in-a-Tournament
    Player Signup: http://pokemon-online.eu/threads/pokemon-online-champions-league-2015-signups.31618/

If there are any questions, ask me.

Schedule
    not revealed yet

Rules

Rule 1: Ghosting
    In this tournament there is to be no ghosting at all, ghosting includes a player constantly telling another how to play in order to complete their match or a player playing someone’s match for them on another alt. If a player is found to have ghosted the team will lose whatever matches that player has played and the player and ghoster will be removed from the tournament and further official tournaments. If the manager (or assistant managers) was aware of the ghosting and failed to report it to any of the TDs or prevent it further, more severe punishments will be put in place for the team and the manager.

Rule 2: Banned users
    If a manager is proven to have intentionally picked up a user banned from the server, forum tournaments or the forums signing up on an alt your team will be disqualified, I don’t care if you just won the finals, you didn't anymore. This is something we’re not standing for. The managers are aware of who these users are.

Rule 3: Multiple Accounts / Alts
    If a player is found to have signed up on more than one account and entered more than once the player will be removed from the tournament and if a manager was aware of this and did not report it, especially if they brought the player the team and manager will face serious punishments. This is extremely easy to find so I recommend you don’t risk it. Also if a player is well known in any other competitive Pokemon community and signs up on an unrelated alt with an intent to be brought for much lower than their price would be expected to be, both the manager who intends to buy this player, and the player themselves will be seriously punished.

Rule 4: Participation
    Any player signing up must be willing to play for any of the 8 teams. Quitting on your team, refusing to play or intentionally losing your matches just because you don't like your team will be punished with a tournament ban. Managers "reserving" players before the auction, by making sure these players refuse to play for any other team, will be severely punished and the player will be tour banned.

Rule 5: Common Sense - I can and will use this!
    Previous rules don't cover every possible issue, this does not mean anything that isn't in the rules is allowed. Unsportsmanlike behavior and attempting to abuse loopholes will be punished.

Procedures

- Late Rosters: If a team’s roster is late, their last week's roster will be used instead. If this happens on the first week, the roster will be randomized. Some weeks I will post at midnight EST and some weeks I will give you some time depending on my personal schedule, but when I post, no late submissions will be accepted unless you are on at the time and I bug you in PM and you happen to respond right then and there - I will not wait for you to hold up the whole tournament, no matter the circumstances. However, I will let a player on the team submit the roster if there is consent from the manager or numerous players on the team approve of it given the managers' absence.

- Auction: The auction will be held at #Auction House on the Pokémon Online server (probably, need to work this out - Draciel help pls) at a time that will be arranged with all managers. The only people allowed to talk during the auction will be managers, assistant managers, TDs and Crystal (if she’s running the bot), no exceptions, if an auth member abuses their power in order to speak in the channel when the auction is in progress they will be removed from it and punished accordingly. Only managers will be allowed to bid for their team, the only exception to this being an assistant manager helping their managers if requested.

- Mid-season Auction: TBD

- Activity Wins and Subbing: Activity wins will be given whenever a battle is not completed to the deadline, no extensions will be given for any games unless extraordinary circumstances are presented (e.g. forums being down for a long time), if two players are comparable in activity or have arranged to play post deadline, then a coin will be flipped for that match. Managers may sub a player out for another if one is inactive or cannot get the game done for whatever reason. Also teams are required to actively try to get all their matches done, otherwise the activity win will go to the other team.

- Ties: A tie will be handled the same as last year, a team win will be worth 2 points in the qualifying weeks, while a tie will be worth 1 point to each team. If ties occur in the playoffs teams will play a BO3 decider round, tiers will be decided like this: ORAS OU / Tier picked by the team with the highest seed / Tier picked by the other team.

- Drafting: You must have at least 14 members on your team by the end of the auction

- Submitting your Roster: Each week, each manager will submit their roster of players for the 12 tiers, with a minimum of 2 named substitutes, coming to a minimum of 14 players each week.

- Subbing: Managers must approve their sub with the host of the tour. In addition, managers may only sub main players with their respective pools of substitute players. If, for any given reason, that the original player may become active and able to play again, they may resume their original spot in the lineup, given the approval of the host.

Trading: Each team must keep a consistent number of 14 players at any given time. If a team does not meet this minimum player requirement within the trade, then that trade will be immediately denied. All trading will end at the start of the mid-season auction.

In the event that a player is removed from the tour, given unforeseen circumstances, then the 14 player rule is therefore invalid for that situation.

Spreadsheet and more specific info will be disclosed soon.

Draciel likes this.
  2. rural

rural i am rural

3. Finchinator

PO Trainer Name:
    Finchinator / Finch
    <rural> add 3 more ou slots
    <Finchinator> even w/ 3 more ou slots
    <Finchinator> rural remains
    <Finchinator> a bencher
    <Finchinator> x.

rural likes this.
  4. meeps

meeps Well-Known Member

PO Trainer Name:
    meeps
    why are the new default avatars dumb lol pokeon online is stupid

Finchinator likes this.
  5. Finchinator

PO Trainer Name:
    Finchinator / Finch
    player sign ups go up after i eat lunch, js

6. meeps

meeps Well-Known Member

PO Trainer Name:
    meeps
    has anyone else noticed finchinator is a dum dum and calls it "championship league" in the title when in the past it has always been called "champions league"

Proof and La.Melle2402 like this.
  7. Rigas

Rigas Active Member

Pokémon Online Champions League*

Congrats to all the aspiring managers who got picked.

Proof likes this.
  8. Halsey

Halsey Wildstar

PO Trainer Name:
    Kat
    go tauros

rozes and Isa like this.
  9. Finchinator

PO Trainer Name:
    Finchinator / Finch
  10. Finchinator

PO Trainer Name:
    Finchinator / Finch
    1. Atli & co. were right - it should've been on PO. That's ok tho, we made it work - props to Orda-Y and Quiet Quiet. Also, TDK's idea to move to PS and taking charge helped, too.
    2. Good job guys - thanks for sticking around and acting like responsible users in drafting and discussing. You are all commended.
    3. Season starts Monday - you have 29.5 hours to submit line ups to me via forum PM on here - include your assman and any players you want to be allowed to submit line ups in the PM (no more than 2 of them pls). Idk when I will get week one up - I am on vaca, but consider it "ASAP" given my circumstances
    4. You may conduct trades until when the midseason auction starts, then they stop - keep that in mind.
    5. Power rankings are being posted later or tomorrow.
    6. The schedule will be the same as last year - I will edit it in momentarily And explain which team replaces and stuff

11. Finchinator

PO Trainer Name:
    Finchinator / Finch
    Bisharp > Articuno
    Lotad > Braviery
    I think that's it (??) if not, pls lmk and I will change accordingly too

Week 1
    Spartak Stunfisks vs Bayern Braviaries
    Tottenham Tauros vs Arsenal Arcanines
    Málaga Milotic vs Liverpool Lapras
    Ajax Articuno vs Dortmund Delibirds
    Week 2
    Spartak Stunfisks vs Málaga Milotic
    Ajax Articuno vs Tottenham Tauros
    Dortmund Delibirds vs Bayern Braviaries
    Liverpool Lapras vs Arsenal Arcanines
    Week 3
    Spartak Stunfisks vs Dortmund Delibirds
    Liverpool Lapras vs Ajax Articuno
    Arsenal Arcanines vs Málaga Milotic
    Bayern Braviaries vs Tottenham Tauros
    Week 4
    Sparktak Stunfisks vs Liverpool Lapras
    Arsenal Arcanines vs Dortmund Delbirds
    Bayern Braviaries vs Ajax Articuno
    Tottenham Tauros vs Málaga Milotic
    Midseason
    Week 5
    Sparktak Stunfisks vs Arsenal Arcanines
    Bayern Braviaries vs Liverpool Lapras
    Tottenham Tauros vs Dortmund Delibirds
    Málaga Milotic vs Ajax Articuno
    Week 6
    Spartak Stunfisks vs Ajax Articuno
    Dortmund Delibirds vs Málaga Milotic
    Liverpool Lapras vs Tottenham Tauros
    Arsenal Arcanines vs Bayern Braviaries
    Week 7
    Sparktak Stunfisks vs Tottenham Tauros
    Málaga Milotic vs Bayern Braviaries
    Ajax Articuno vs Arsenal Arcanines
    Dortmund Delbirds vs Liverpool Lapras

12. Finchinator

PO Trainer Name:
    Finchinator / Finch
    Also everyone please be patient here as I'm using my phone for this all, ty

13. Zamrock

Zamrock - OUTL

PO Trainer Name:
    Zamrock
    finch is bad lol

E.T. likes this.
  14. ZoroDark

ZoroDark i know everything

post power rankings bitch

buny likes this.
  15. Isa

Isa Well-Known Tauros

PO Trainer Name:
    Isa
    should have done snake draft

Starmaster likes this.
  16. Zamrock

Zamrock - OUTL

PO Trainer Name:
    Zamrock
    Can we also have price log plz

17. 49.

49. Active Member

did I get bought? @ work, can't check

18. 49.

49. Active Member

like this post if i got bought

confide, Confucius, amaura and 7 others like this.
  19. [VoD]Metabeast

[VoD]Metabeast Well-Known Member

lol screw ur dogass power rankings bro the real po god is here

GSC GOD METABEAST'S UNBIASED POWER RANKINGS

protip: if i get your lineup wrong, it's because your dogshit and bought some po random so suck my dick

Arsenal Arcanines:

Ubers: random | yeah i dont really know but whoever it is is probably average as fuck
    OU: GTM | decent ou player
    OU: Alexander | solid
    UU: Christo | solid
    LU: lighthouses | decent / solid as long as he doesnt use the fucking scum of the earth known as physical houndoom
    NU: random | see ubers
    LC: Heysup | THE BEST LC PLAYER TO EVER GRACE THE GAME HOLY
    BW: random | see ubers
    DPP: BKC | bkc is fucking jesus christ best dpper here for sure (if he plays adv hes prob the best also as well)
    ADV: We Three Kings | did well in classic but then again i also did well in classic so prob solidish at best
    GSC: Sapientia | decent
    RBY: Bedschibaer | solid

Overall: p solid team w/ some holes. have two gods in bkc and heysup who r gonna have to carry the team; alexander's a threat too if he's allowed to play unlike in spl shoutouts valentine.

Final Verdict: my nigga genesis7 actually managed to make a p solid team for this tour go ahead and win bro LOOOL

Milan Bisharps:

Ubers: Lacus Clyne | i dont know who the fuck this nigga is but he was 13k so ill give them the benefit of the doubt and say hes competent
    OU: Johnyiu | decent
    OU: Zamrock | LOL MY NIGGA KYLE ZAMROCK THE 17.5K GOD
    UU: FLCL | rly solid player in general not rly sure how he was only 13k
    LU: Arifeen | solid if he channels his newfound gsc skills into LU
    NU: Shaneghoul | he was bad in spl but sg was on his dick so im assuming hes at least a decent player
    LC: Artemisa | solid
    BW: Zorodark | solid
    DPP: Robert | decent
    ADV: Mx | decent / solid
    GSC: mibuchiha | decent
    RBY: Mister Tim | LOL anti was on this niggas dick the entirety of spl 6. prob decent enough

Overall: relatively decent team i suppose. no real super consistent players outside of like fooly so that mite hold them back.

Final Verdict: any1 else remember when tdk snaked flcl and didnt buy him for 13.5k HOLY LOOOL ye this team mite b slightly above average but zamrock the tryhard mite b able to lift them over the hump

Dortmund Delibirds:

Ubers: Blim | THE BEST UBERS PLAYER IN POKEMON HISTORY JESUS CHRIST 14K STEAL
    OU: TheEnder | rly solid ou player
    OU: NotFalse | decent i guess?
    UU: fatty | decent
    LU: ice tea | decent / solid
    NU: Peli | decent
    LC: GOAO | lol. omfuga would kill me if i said anything positive so.
    BW: sugarhigh | decent but lucky as fuck so mayb he can have a good record.
    DPP: Vinc2612 | solid
    ADV: who knows | when u dont buy an adv player. lol. deserve to lose
    GSC: MYNAMEISCASEVICTORY | LOL THE EARTHWORM SLAYER HIMSELF.
    RBY: marcoasd | top 3 rby player

Overall: another decent team that has some holes. they have some really good players like BLIMGOD who are gonna have to have insane records to carry this team if they want to do anything notable.

Final Verdict: niggas rly out here starting GOAO LOL i pray i got that part of the lineup wrong good god. this team should do fine.

Liverpool Littens

Ubers: innovamania | decent i guess? llamas always buys him for rupl so i suppose he cant b that bad
    OU: Analytic | decent
    OU: Googly | LOL the olt innovation god. decent i suppose
    UU: Shiba | decent
    LU: ChillShadow | decent
    NU: Kushalos | decent / solid
    LC: Casparov | who the fuck knows quit buying randoms
    BW: Toxzn | decent
    DPP: Anti | lol i dont really know if hes gonna play dpp but like they need some1 to play adv dpp zzzzzzz he'll prob do fine
    ADV: Void | see above except replace dpp w/ adv
    GSC: Mr. 378 | decent
    RBY: Metalgross | solid

Overall: relatively mediocre team that my nigga anti is being expected to carry i guess? i dont really know LOL have some good players but also some holes and no real tiers that seem like autowins for them

Final Verdict: lol anti channel ur inner sogeking and ghost every slot bro LOL have fun my nigga

Malaga Milotics

Ubers: OMFUGOD | THE 2ND BEST UBERS PLAYER IN THE TOURNAMENT BESIDES LORD BLIMLAX OBV LOOOL REAL TALK OMFUGA IS PO JESUS CHRIST
    OU: PDC | rly solid ou player if he can rebound from his bad world cup
    OU: GSC GOD METABEAST | THE KING HIMSELF IM FUCKING GOD HOLY
    UU: snaga | idk decent mayb
    LU: Real FV13 | decent
    NU: The Goomy | decent
    LC: confide | decent
    BW: North | decent
    DPP: Marshall Law | the man who built all of tdk's dpp teams. lol.
    ADV: teal6 | solid
    GSC: Lavos Spawn | solid
    RBY: Ortheore | mediocre.

Overall: relatively solid team from some holes but also some players who should have really good seasons. so tldr...ALL OF U LOWER TIER NIGGAS BETTER ACCEPT GHOSTING FROM OMFUGOD KTHX CLOWNS

Final Verdict: im not fuckin kidding fuckin clowns u better let omfuga ghost.

Spartak Stunfisks

Ubers: porygon2 | no fucking idea
    OU: -Snow | hes done really well in world cup so im sure he can do well in this tour
    OU: Zomog / rumor | decent / average
    UU: Accelgor | decent
    LU: 49 | solid in this tour if he cares but prob decent if he doesnt so lol
    NU: soulgazer | solid
    LC: fitzy | decent / solid
    BW: Luck>skill | decent / solid
    DPP: Mizuhime | decent enough in dpp for this tour to prob do fine lol
    ADV: Mael | solid enough i suppose
    GSC: Isa | solid
    RBY: who the fuck knows | whoever plays here plz just get ghosted by isa lol.

Overall: ONCE AGAIN, another team with some holes and solid players. there's no1 really that amazing in their tier on this team, except my nigga sg who was 3k for some reason i dont rly know.

Final Verdict: this team should do fine altho they could easily play like dogshit and get crushed too

Tottenham Tauros

Ubers: Yedgar | solid
    OU: blunder | my nigga blunder top tier ou don holy
    OU: who knows | some nigga usin a tdk team who blunder is gonna ghost so w/e
    UU: Hogg | solid
    LU: NaCl | solid
    NU: Eternal Spirit | who knows
    LC: Sken | solid
    BW: HSA | decent
    DPP: Jirachee | rly solid
    ADV: who knows | when u dont buy an adv player. mayb one of these niggas is an adv god who knows
    GSC: d0nut | solid
    RBY: Nails | solid

Overall: have some holes but have some solid pieces as well. with some ghosting they'll be alright lol.

Final Verdict: behind the teambuilding genius of topdkek im sure theyll b able to achieve great things

Carpi Lotads:

Ubers: ZF | solid
    OU: Snowy | decent
    OU: Always | decent
    UU: who knows | yeah who the fuck knows
    LU: Ash Champion | mediocre
    NU: Jarii | decent
    LC: Starmaster | solid
    BW: Cameltoed | decent
    DPP: george182 | decent
    ADV: Coffe | decent
    GSC: Pomman | LOOOL THE GSC KINGPIN FROM WCOP HIMSELF HOLY STOP HIM
    RBY: who knows | lol

Overall: Mediocre as fuck team really i dont really know how some1 drafted something this bad but whatever.

Final Verdict: just quit this tour good god

Overall Rankings:

1. Arsenal Arcanines
    2. Tottenham Tauros
    3. Dortmund Delibird
    4. Malaga Milotic
    5. Spartak Stunfisk
    6. Milan Bisharps
    7. Liverpool Littens
    8. Carpi Lotads

TBH NONE OF THESE TEAMS ARE REALLY THAT GOOD SO ANY1 COULD WIN. idk how all of u managed to fuck up so badly in auction but clearly u need some fucking tutoring or some shit good god. like the last place team in spl could beat any of these my fucking god. id say teams 1-6 are all pretty close, littens are a tier below, and the lotads r dogshit.

GSC GOD OUT.

Last edited: Jul 24, 2016
    snaga, Heysup, Hassin627 and 21 others like this.
  20. lil nigga

lil nigga wepwn is a weeb

if you put me in NU i'm out JS @[VoD]Metabeast @Aurist

21. lil nigga

where does my team hang out?

22. Tony

Tony Active Member

???

This man essentially won Smogon Grand Slam idk what you're talking about fam bop dash space.

23. TraceofLife

TraceofLife Lucky Strike

PO Trainer Name:
    TraceofLife
    why are we putting him on lc when we got the mambo himself

24. lil nigga

is traceoflife on my team?

25. TraceofLife

TraceofLife Lucky Strike

PO Trainer Name:
    TraceofLife
    no, i'm not

26. teal6

teal6 Member

finch your sig makes scrolling down the page fucking annoying. this is my only post for the entire tournament btw i need my team to write if i won or lost. see you all at powc signups.

27. BIG BAD BLINGAS

BIG BAD BLINGAS Violet BLINGAS

some1 get the booty disciple out of here im the only big bad around here

also the fucking forn avatar

28. buny

buny heartbreak hotel

PO Trainer Name:
    buny
  29. Mizuhime

Mizuhime Member

so tdk and rozes can really go drown in a puddle, fuck heads

30. Finchinator

PO Trainer Name:
    Finchinator / Finch
    I got caught up for an hour dealing with a matter of importance in regards to this tournament and it's quite late, I haven't stopped in a few hours, I'm on vacation, etc. so my power rankings will go up tomorrow - however, as a bonus for postponing, I will do specific tier rankings, too.

So that + maybe some drama + week 1 all in next 24-36 hours, with the former most being sooner rather than later.

ZoroDark likes this.
  31. Joyverse

Joyverse Back for a blast!

PO Trainer Name:
    Joyverse
    lgi Littens! ;V
    Pls win, kthx.

MetalGross likes this.
  32. Real FV13

Real FV13 Active Member

waiting finchinator pr

33. Cameltoed

Cameltoed Excadrill gira

PO Trainer Name:
    owo
    Was auction log recorded somehow?

34. Finchinator

PO Trainer Name:
    Finchinator / Finch
    FINCH POWER RANKS

#5 - themilanbisharps(3500): zamrock, artemisa, watashi (FLCL), johnyiu, cronenberg, zorodark, lacusclyne, shaneghoul, arifeen, robert, theurbandear, mx, mibuchiha, adversary, mistertim

Draciel / Buny (4) - a year under draciel's belt and actual playerbase knowledge is nice, I expect motivation and effort put in, but Buny is fairly useless when it comes to playing Pokemon and will just be a bitch like half the time ayy
    Ubers - Lacus (3) - girl? oo. For real tho, solid player who has shown a lot of promise to ubers dudes, supposedly. Lack of experience makes it hard to say if this ranking is justified, but the playerbase doesn't do itself all too much justice
    OU - Zamrock (6) - Bleh, my thing is zamrock will prep hard and be a great team player, but I'm not always a fan of his ideas and sometimes he gets outdone or caught up in execution of his game plans, so he sorta has to work out the little things to make all of his good foundation reach his full potential, still very solid tho
    OU - JohnYiu (13) - average, maybe a bit subpar given lack of experience, outside of a year or so of PO tours and WCOP, and questionable building
    UU - FLCL (2) - very good, but predictable. Should get a lot of quick wins
    LU - Arifeen (6) - average, could be good if he tries to learn the tier
    NU - Shane (2) - this is more NU having very few players than Shane being dominant, but he's still solid and will be a threat, but I can see him easily not upholding this ranking
    LC - Arte (5) - rusted out Mexican boy will freak out like when he sees any female against the top, in-form ORAS players, but can routinely handle the bottom of the pack
    BW - Zoro (2) - very good with potential to be great if he continues to shed some old habits of conservative gameplay and choking that have cost him manny past tour games
    DPP - Adversary (6) - solid, but rusty and never became amazingly experienced in yours even back in his prime a year or two back
    ADV - mx (3) - solid and motivated, respect his way after POWC even if 3 might be a tad high
    GSC - mibuchiha (7) - mediocre at best and "lucky and bad" describes his tournament history quite well
    RBY - mister Tim (5) - solid, but the top 3-4 in RBY are strong so will be tough to go positive
    Bench - Urban - would do alright in OU if given the chance, definitely competent and willing to tryhard, good pickup
    Bench - Robert - ok sub for a few OU generations, but nothing special
    Bench - Cronenberg - step above Robert in ORAS OU and a step below him everywhere else, I suppose

Overall - Fairly good team with a lot of above average slots and a few weaker ones. They have no dominant players, but I can see Zoro and FLCL carrying the load a bit. A few players that weren't ranked too high but can do well are Arte and Adversary - both have done really well in past PO tours and are just a year or two off their prime, so I guess the team has room for upward mobility, too. The big weakness for this team is GSC and if they can manage to string together 2-3 wins there the they've got a very good chance at contending given how well rounded they are otherwise.

-----

#2 - dortmunddelibirds(8500): bigbadbootydaddy (Cased), theender, vinc2612, icetea, marcoasd, blimlax, sugarhigh, fatty, notfalse, twincitiez, jelly, windice, peli, goao

Choolio / Tony (2) - Solid manager duo with experience playing and with the playerbase, big fans of this duo for sure
    Ubers - Blimlax (1) - the best.
    OU - the Ender (1) - Ender being my top OU pick took some thought, but the consistent ability to take the right risks at the right time (he put on a fucking show during SPL) and build in a fashion that doesn't compromise much synergy or defensive coverage while granting him opportunities to break through opponents with sufficient offense makes him an ideal player in the current metagame. I feel like this is almost a "safe" pick and anyone willing to bring something risky against him might do well.
    OU - twincitiez (15) - average at best, can play the game well when not under pressure, for what that's worth
    UU - icetea (6) - solid player in a stacked UU tier
    LU - WindIce (8) - ?_?
    NU - Peli (7) - solid player who needs more higher level experience and is going to end up being thrown teams in a tier he doesn't know, recipe for mediocrity unless they surprise us with his competency, which could be the case
    LC - Goao (6) - question is if he can hold his own with top of the line LCers, answer is probably not
    BW - Sugarhigh (3) - unconventional and risky, never a free-win for or against him, but I think he will end up around even at the end of the day and rank him up a notch on virtue of doing well in WCOP+SPL in past months
    DPP - vinc2612 (3) - above average, but not standout good and will need to perform to his ability to stay positive
    ADV - fatty (7) - average at best in a harder tier to get by while not being very active
    GSC - cased (3) - solid but will have to take things seriously
    RBY - Marcoasd (1) - best or second best RBYer out there rn and he's earned that, for sure
    Bench - NotFalse - solid OU sub
    Bench - Jelly - best user and worth 3k even if he's not the biggest Pokémaster out there

Overall - Sorta inevitable for Choolio to have a 'good' team given his "Cased + frens" strategy that he has going for the second straight year - "frens" being dudes like Blim, who is definitely solid. I don't think it's great tho. There are some holes or weaknesses that make me a bit on edge - they have weaker ADV, LU, and NU while LC and OU2 are inexperienced. Regardless of that, it's a generally solid team and with some improvements in their weaker areas, they're a serious competitor and one of the best teams. Also worth noting that Wind Ice is a bit of an unknown for me, so maybe he can ADV, fatty can UU/bench, ice tea can move down, etc. - they have flexibility, for sure.

-----

#7 - liverpoollittens(2000): metalgross, gengar17, anti, kushalos, analytic, void, shiba, googly, innovamania, villageguardian (mambo), tox, mr378, criesinvain, casparov, novaray

ToL / Xdevo (7) - Former is inexperienced and neither has an amazing grasp on the non-PO playerbase imo, subpar but not awful by any stretch

Ubers - Criesinvain (5) - From what I've been told, fairly average
    OU - Anti (3) - Not sure how much he will prep, but he's definitely a great player and if he prepares, he will be on top of the game almost always
    OU - Analytic (12) - Solid player, but inexperienced and not that great yet
    UU - Shiba (7) - Solid, too, but UU playerbase in this tour is stacked as shit
    LU - gengar17 (1) - This man basically owns the LU tier and he went 21k, so he better win lmao
    NU - Kushalos (1) - Strong ass POWC and he knows the PO tier and the NU playerbase is weak as fuck, so yea..
    LC - Mambo (7) - Not bad, but gimmicky and not up to par with the best out there imo
    BW - Tox (4) - Good player with some rust, but played WCOP well so will give him the benefit of the doubt
    DPP - Void (7) - Average player in a stronger dpp field
    ADV - innovamania (8) - Jack of all trades, but very far from a master of this one, I don't expect him to compete for the most part with the current playerbase
    GSC - mr378 (4) - Solid GSC looking to prove himself even more and so far he has done an alright job, should get a fair share of wins but have some hard, close matches with the top of the field
    RBY - MetalGross (2) - One of the best RBYers rn and will keep it up this tour imo
    Bench - novaray - rusty and kinda mediocre
    Bench - Googly - with some momentum from DPP cup run, but still fairly mediocre in ORAS and DPP imo
    Bench - casparov - would be starting in NU for most teams, but still nothing great, but I think he should help KUSH+gengar and together they shouldn't lose many games with that LU NU core.

Overall - Strong LU NU, good RBY GSC, Anti, and then a mediocre team. I don't see them winning many weeks unless all of their best players come through and they scrape by wins in other tiers.

-----
    #8 - carpilotads(25500): snowy, cameltoad (Prague kick), starmaster, illusions (ZF), mill, pomman, ashchampion, jarii, poshothethunder (POSHO), nientexnessuno, always, rennyy, arii, coffe, george182, imperitur (Night fox), monnalusa, hacimaki98

Atli / Tricking (3) - Both solid players who know the playerbase, no complaints tbh and tricking is cute :3

Ubers - Arii (6) - LA dude who manages to win through a mixture of many chokes and luck, not a fan
    OU - Snowy (10) - Solid but not great
    OU - Always (11) - ^^
    UU - mill (8) - Idk who the fuck this dude is but he's not winning in this UU field and idek if he's in UU lmao, click X.
    LU - ashchampion (7) - Past his prime and even then, needed team support, can play but not at an exceptionally high level, should scrape a few wins in any lower tier but not many.
    NU - jarii (6) - Ok player coming off a rough SPL, hoping for a bit of development but should win some.
    LC - starmaster (2) - My nigga star about to dominate the LC playerbase bar Heysup the god, should be great
    BW - ZF (6) - Objectively a good player but he needs to work on his prep and experience in BW before winning consistently
    DPP - george182 (4) - Good player who hasn't gotten much results in dpp in tours, maybe it'll change here, maybe not
    ADV - Coffe (5) - Depends which Italian is in call when he plays
    GSC - PomMan (8) - LOL this man shouldn't be starting GSC im pretty fucking sure but he is a self proclaimed GSC God and he's decent at ubers so maybe he'll win a game or two..doubt it
    RBY - Prague Kick (8) - He's Italian and it's RBY so he will win a few
    Bench - ninentexnessuno - ???
    Bench - POSHO - Free my boy, he's top 5
    Bench - rennyy - ???
    Bench - night fox - this man isn't bad at dpp, would win some
    Bench - monnalusa - ???
    Bench - hacimaki98 - average w/ capabilities to be good, also a nice guy

Overall - Dogass team formed around a buncha Italians and then random scraps from around the world that'll either fall apart or be consistently mediocre, maybe next year dudes

-----
    #4 - malagamilotics(13500): proof (fuga), lavosspawn, vodmetabeast (shake), pdc, teal6, marshalllaw, snaga, thegoomy, realfv13, confide, ortheore, troller, north, emixxx

Mdhoundoom / MeowMix (5) - Solid pair w/ experience but kinda rusty and washed up @ both so I hesitate to rank them any higher, especially if MFH is high and Meow is AFK too often

Ubers - troller (7) - Italian meme, not bad but won't win much at a higher level
    OU - PDC (4) - My boy PDC is going to win his fair share with fat sand, but he isn't going to try hard and he's going to make some dumb choices and butcher games like he has in past PO tours and sorta WCOP. Still very solid
    OU - north (16) - Not awful as his ranking indicates, but has like 0 experience and needs to get his feet wet and work on playing out mid-late game scenarios before he moves up in the ranks. Liked what I saw in powc, but he still managed to fuck up a game iirc and his building is suspect
    UU - fuga (1) - The best player in the tournament and in the world, no real doubt as to his record, crisp 7-0.
    LU - snaga (5) - Average player who continues to fuck up easy wins, X.
    NU - Goomy (5) - Solid but idk how he does in PO tiers, takes an interesting approach to building
    LC - confide (8) - Definitely not bad, but the least experienced of the bunch and will face an uphill climb to be successful
    BW - shake (1) - LOL he's just the best player in the field for BW tbh and I would die before ranking Zoro #1, idek if he's fucking in BW but regardless he would win plenty in any tier just because of how he works, hope he plays some cringeworthy opponents down the line and has aids games tho
    DPP - Marshall (2) - TDK's choice in DPP player and master team builder, easy #2
    ADV - teal6 (4) - My man is solid as fuck and should get his fair share of wins
    GSC - Lavos (1) - Thought he was rusty buns going into WCOP, but guess not. Very solid performance and expect a lot from him
    RBY - orth (7) - Mediocre
    Bench - emixxx - Mediocre
    Bench - realfv13 - Average "xD"

Overall - Line up can go a lot of diff ways but they're solid with some question marks and definitely some strengths, more of the latter than the former. Question is if any of their lower ranked players can perform well and if they can then they'll be a top team, if not then they'll scrape by fairly average.

-----

#1 - tottenhamtauros(28000): blunder, sken, nails, d0nut, champagnepapi (jirachee), stringerbellossom (Hogg), nacl, shogarth, edna, poltergeist (Edgar), hotsexyavailable (HSA), leviticus, eternalspirit, brokappa

ROZES / TDK (1) - Fam. These two are very in touch and have a lot of connections and can help pretty much all around, just about all you can ask for imo

Ubers - Edgar (2) - good if in form
    OU - blunder (2) - one of the best OUers atm, played well in recent months for sure and seems to pick teams well enough
    OU - Eternal Spirit (14) - average and inexperienced, but he's got the capabilities to do well in OU and RU (lol LU) if he applies himself properly
    UU - Hogg (3) - very solid, adjustment to PO tier is a question mark tho, but should win lots if he does so well
    LU - nacl (4) - average, but probably will care and do well compared to playerbase
    NU - HSA (4) - washed up piece of shit thrown into NU, prolly will win a few given his competition is about as good as the loser's bracket of the farm league for at least a few weeks lmao
    LC - Sken (3) - by far the cutest user and also quite good :3
    BW - Bro Kappa (7) - unproven in major tours, but did well in ST and knows his way around BW, expect mixed results
    DPP - jirachee (1) - best in the field, but not exactly a dominant DPPer, still should do well if he doesn't tilt like he did last HPL/POCL season
    ADV - Shogarth (6) - an inferior Mx in every regard
    GSC - d0nut (2) - objectively a very good player who builds well and understands the tier, but underperformed hard since the GSC cup finals loss and the level of motivation is a big question mark
    RBY - Nails (4) - solid, second best Pokemon player ever behind omfuga
    Bench - Edna - good sub who will care and be active
    Bench - Leviticus - idk

Overall - solid draft with a bunch of capable players all around, question is if they'll all care and put in sufficient effort. If they do, they're dangerous and probably the best team. If not, I expect an early exit. Given the managers and the group's synergy, the former seems to be the most likely of the two, so they earn my #1

-----

#3 - arsenalarcanines(0): autumnleaves (BKC), heysup, alexander, gtm, bedschibaer, christo, sapientia, lighthouses, wethreekings, mysteriousm, amaura, alicekazumi, jacob, carloo

Genesis7 / Shaka Brah (6) - Ok pair with clear knowledge, but no experience and unsure if they're in touch w/ PO or not

Ubers - MysteriousM (8) - Greek I think, not very good as far as Ik
    OU - GTM (7) - Good player who uses solid teams
    OU - Alexander (5) - Great player who uses solid teams, big expectations for him no matter what tier he's in tbh
    UU - christo (5) - Good player in a tier w/ a strong playerbase
    LU - lighthouses (3) - LH is a good player overall and should get by in OU or LU
    NU - carloo (8) - idek rofl they have no NU player and carloo isn't the solution to this problem, click X.
    LC - Heysup (1) - LC Jesus himself
    BW - Jacob (8) - he likes to play BW and tbh he isn't awful, but he's got a long way to go to play tourney level BW at a high level, could also end up in ORAS w Alex in BW but their line up is better this way
    DPP - W3K (5) - good overall player who will win some in a harder tier to compete in
    ADV - BKC (1) - Probably the best old generation player in the tour
    GSC - sap (5) - Average
    RBY - Beds (3) - Solid RBY / GSC who will get wins in either tier
    Bench - amuara - ok I guess
    Bench - Alice - solid player who can LC and OU I think, also girl? oo

Overall - solid team with some question marks but a good roster and a well done draft, managers might not have done their homework in lower tiers (or just forgot NU existed) but otherwise they know their shit and executed in the auction

-----

#6 - spartakstunfisks(1500): mael, fitzy, snow, isa, accelgor, mizuhime, 49, bigbadbootydisciple (SG), luckskill, porygon2, alio, rumor, leru, zomog

Aurist / Amber Lamps (8) - If it was just PO they would be ranked high but there are plenty of smogon players and I hesitate to rank them low but I have 0 idea of what they know so...rip..if they did their research and they help out as much as they can then this goes up a fair amount, especially given the lower tier support they can provide

Ubers - leru (4) - good I guess, idk much tbh
    OU - Snow (9) - Gimmicky fucker who will win games despite seeming kinda cringe on the outside with the teams and all
    OU - p2 (8) - Very good player who should do fairly well imo
    UU - Accelgor (4) - Also solid as fuck but harder playerbase, big expectations tho and worth the $$$
    LU - 49 (2) - Meh I feel like he's a bit rusty but he is a good overall player and he's been fairly active lately so I think this ranking is justified, if he tries he will win games for sure
    NU - ailo (3) - Good player who will prove himself to be competent in PO NU in a tour scene again
    LC - Fitzy (4) - Long time solid LCer who had a rough SPL, future for him is a question mark but if he reverts back to god form ala past SPLs then he'll win more again
    BW - luck (5) - solid, gimmicky, and unpredictable..I wanna see his games for sure, but I think he will finish around even
    DPP - Isa (8) - lol DPP Isa..at least he will help older gens, hopefully, and perhaps learn enough DPP to win some as he's definitely capable
    ADV - Mael (2) - very solid and knowledgeable player who will put in effort, completes the euro core, and generally impressed me
    GSC - Mizu (6) - Solid player in a harder tier where she has a good grasp on it, but not a complete grasp like the players above, for the most part
    RBY - SG (6) - average in RBY I guess, idk for sure tho
    Bench - zomog - solid OU sub
    Bench - rumor - solid gen 4-6 OU sub and maybe OU starter

Overall - not a bad team and definitely not a bad draft, but a lot of average to slightly below average slots and they're going to need to play their best games consistently to generate enough wins to be a playoff team, so basically the potential is there but the execution is a big question mark and they're going to need to overachieve a bit imo

-----

1. Tauros
    2. Delibird
    3. Arcanine
    4. Milotic
    5. Bisharp
    6. Stunfisk
    7. Litten
    8. Lotad

Overall, the draft wasn't awful as a whole, but the beginning was cringeworthy and I disagree a lot with how conservatively some teams spent their money - a lot of "scared" managers, but I won't name names...you know who you are. I also question the valuation of many players, but perhaps that's more opinion based, so all is fair game, more or less. Clear favorites are Tauros and the potential "dark horse" teams are Bisharps and Stunfisk, to me, while the 2-4 teams are all very capable of competing with anyone, so it'll just come down to who plays best, like it should, which is good!

-----

Just some notes on playerbases

Ubers - Kinda weak after the top 2-3, not really high expectations for consistently high level play, but I don't know much firsthand so perhaps I'll be wrong. But Blim+Edgar are obvious 1-2 while the rest lack too much high level experience, but at least Lacus made a bit of a name and impression while Leru isn't a bad player.
    Top 3
    1. Blim
    2. Edgar
    3. Lacus

OU - solid overall playerbase with a lot of smogon names going at it, but not all of the ones you would see at the top - still a fair amount. The level of play discrepancy between the top and bottom isn't huge and there will be many close games, I would say 10-16 are all neck to neck and so are the top 5, while the middle of the pack isn't distant from either, but it genuinely depends on who prepares and cares more than anything else if you ask me.
    Top 6
    1. Ender
    2. Blunder
    3. Anti
    4. PDC
    5. Alexander
    6. Zamrock

UU - the player pool is actually stacked as shit in this tier and I'm so impressed and glad that managers all picked fairly well and there were this many good, willing sign-ups. So many high level games await and I'm anticipating seeing many of them, especially since PO tier is close to smogon tier, but we will have to wait and see who adjusts and who melts down. Fuga will be hit or miss and if he misses that could be a short fuse, so will be interesting. Also who the FUCK is mill
    Top 3
    1. Fuga
    2. FLCL
    3. Hogg

LU - bleh, same old sorta mediocre playerbase that is mostly compiled of people learning the tier or more mediocre PO players, but not all of them are mediocre (see - Gengar17) and plenty of the ones taking up the tier are very capable, so it depends how much time and effort they put into building and perhaps testing. I would imagine that there will be some quality games, but some really shitty games as per usual.
    Top 3
    1. Gengar17
    2. 49
    3. Lighthouses

NU - Sorta an ok playerbase that is weak in the lower middle-bottom, but has plenty of competent overall players in it and the tier is a bit weird, so I'm not sure what to expect. The smogon mid range players like Goomy and Jarii adjusting from one NU to another and the generally good players like HSA learning the tier in general will determine if games are any good and who does well.
    Top 3
    1. Kushalos
    2. Shane
    3. Ailo

LC - I really don't know anything about this tier but playing it in open so far is fun and we have a lot of competent players, hell I would consider the whole field to be "good", so I'm anticipating some high level games and can't wait to see what awaits.
    Top 3
    1 - Heysup
    2 - Star
    3 - Sken

BW - "ok" playerbase that could be better, but still everyone knows what they're doing and we should see some good games and plenty of interesting teams from the likes of Luck and Sugarhigh, so I'm anticipating some heat -
    Top 3
    1. Shake
    2. Zoro
    3. Sugar

DPP - Fairly good playerbase in a nice metagame, I am looking forward to a lot of decent games and the one thing I don't think we will be seeing here is many gimmicks because there are a lot of standardish players in the mix and I just expect a lot of going through the motions and using generic offense, but maybe they'll surprise me and we will see something interesting, Marshall is the only one that is likely to be creative tho
    Top 3
    1. Jirachee
    2. Marshall
    3. Vinc

ADV - good overall playerbase again and we have a strong top with BKC and it doesn't get all too much weaker until the bottom few, so I expect competitive games with a few blowouts when you reach higher end players against the bottom of the pack, like you would expect in most tiers given the quality of drafting and PO tours, I suppose
    Top 3
    1. BKC
    2. Mael
    3. Mx

GSC - actually a good turn out and a solid playerbase that will generate good games bar the occasional hax fest ft. Mibuchiha and pretty much anyone playing d0nut given his luck ayy but past salts aside, I think there will be a lot of good games and I'm hoping people like Lavos and Cased continue bringing interesting things as they change the dynamic a bit (Lavos brought zard in WCOP which was pretty cool and cased is always a creative builder), but there will be some generic chess matches and that's ok, too
    Top 3
    1. Lavos
    2. D0nut
    3. Cased

RBY - tbh my hand is getting tired bc typing on phone so let's wrap this bitch up. RBY has a solid playerbase and the top of the rankings show that with two of the best, or at least better players, in Marco and metal and then it doesn't drop down all too much as you go down the line with 3-6 all being solid imo, especially beds, but I'm not too confident in the bottom of the line players, but who knows what'll happen in RBY if it's someone's day or they play well all of a sudden, anything can happen and that's the beauty of the tier -
    Top 3
    1. Marco
    2. Metal
    3. Beds

-----

That's a wrap, expect some administrative decisions and week 1 in the next 24 hours -

35. POSHO THE THUNDER

POSHO THE THUNDER Time to turn it up a notch.

PO Trainer Name:
    SweetPosho
    suck my d guys, let's go for it lotads :D

Coffe, Renny, Leru and 2 others like this.
  36. Big Bad Booty Daddy

Big Bad Booty Daddy Big Poppa Pump

PO Trainer Name:
    -
    beating isa in gsc is like stealing candy from an asexual melee tournament host so i imagine the free win he'll be giving me in dpp will be equivalent to baiting finch's prom date into a fast food restaurant

37. Isa

Isa Well-Known Tauros

PO Trainer Name:
    Isa
  38. metaphysical

metaphysical Well-Known Member

39. Aurist

Aurist I do not jump for joy. I frolic in doubt.

40. Lavos Spawn

Lavos Spawn Well-Known Member

when people think you're the best GSCer in this tournament

(cwl)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.