1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Guest, PO has ceased our separate tiering and adopted Smogon tiers for SM. More information and updates here.

Dismiss Notice

Start times tournaments in #Tournaments

Discussion in 'Simulator Suggestions' started by Oh So Penspin, Jul 6, 2016.

1. Oh So Penspin

Oh So Penspin Hail RNGesus, our Lord and Saviour!

So basically our playerbase is becoming smaller and #Tournaments is no exception. What I see happen quite a lot, is that popular tiers (think OU/Ubers etc) are not run because the active people are still participating in a previous tournament. So my suggestion: start a new tournament x seconds after the last one has ended, be it because it is done or because it was cancelled. Pretty similar to how events tourneys work.

2. Professor Oak

Professor Oak same Forum Administrator Server Owner Social Media Rep Forum Administrator Server Owner Social Media Rep

PO Trainer Name:
    Professor Oak
    I believe that we have plans to do this, but a bug in the current Tournaments script prevents us from doing so without fully rewriting the entire Tournaments script.

Note that I may be wrong, due to not being a scripter nor being very active.

3. Oh So Penspin

Not a scripter either, but shouldn't it be possible to save the end time of a tournament, then add 30 secs to it and use that time as the new start time? Not sure what language the code is written in though, so don't know exact statements.

4. sulcata

sulcata stéphane curry best waifu Forum Moderator Server Administrator Forum Moderator Server Administrator

javascript (es5 afaik and the engine is deprecated)

5. Oh So Penspin

Rip, don't know Javascript =( Can't help then, sorry!