1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Cloudflare Security Issue - Change Your Passwords!

Hello there, Guest!

Cloudflare, the internet proxy we use to protect ourselves against DDoS and other malicious attacks, reported on 23rd February 2017 that they had patched a bug reported by Google's Project Zero that was exposing sensitive information in random requests, approximately 0.00003% of all requests, since September 2016.

Whilst it is unlikely that any information has been leaked from this website, we recommend that all users change their passwords here on the Pokémon Online forums, as a precaution. Remember to use a unique and secure password for every site that requires one.

We apologise for any inconvenience caused.

Dismiss Notice

[Guide] Pokémon Online Webclient Guide

Discussion in 'Help' started by Memo', Jul 12, 2016.

Moderators: E.T., Zoroark
  1. Memo'

Memo' It's going to be LEGEN... wait for it... DARY!!

PO Trainer Name:
    Memo
    [​IMG]
    Spanish Guide:
    ¿Te perdiste? Quizás buscas la guía que está disponible en español! Haz click aquí para verla.

Introduction
    Welcome to Pokémon Online! We're glad to have you with us.
    PO is a Pokémon Battle Simulator. We're a friendly international community.

Keep in mind though that the Webclient is still being developed, so certain elements, such as Double battles, may not be available yet.

To use the Webclient, click the big "Play now" button on our Home Page.
    [​IMG]

Getting started
    Connecting
    You have two choices: you can enter as a guest with a default username that cannot be registered and has limited privileges, or you can set a username of your own and register it. If the nickname you chose is already taken, it will request a password, so you need to choose another username by clicking "Not you?".
    [​IMG]
    Main Buttons
    [​IMG]
    Find battle:
    Allows you to automatically search for a battle in the tier your team belongs to. If you have no teams, the server sends you to a tier that generates random teams to use. Click here for an updated list of our tiers.

The waiting time may vary on the tier you play.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Note: If for some reason your battle gets stuck or you cant battle at all, you can switch to the simple battle window and disable the battle audio for faster loading.

Teambuilder:
    Here is where you can build your teams. Always make sure to click the "Update" button everytime you make a change on your team.

Servers:
    This button will show you the list of servers on PO. Servers are different places for any kind of player. You can choose your favorite due to language, mini-games or some features they have. Pokémon Online is the main server.
    [​IMG]

Teambuilding Step by Step
    Step 1
    Here you can give a name to your team, lock or unlock the Hackmons function, assign the tier for your team, and more. To start building, just click on the respective Poke # buttons for each slot.

[​IMG]
    Note that next to "Team Tier" is what determines in which Generation your team will fall into, if by accident you end up in another gen, try to fix it from there.
    -----
    Step 2:
    Here's where you can modify each Pokémon in the party separately, with many options such as moves, formes, EVs and IVs modification, etc.
    [​IMG]

When you're done with your team, return to the Home button, make sure all your Pokémon have a full moveset and their EVs must also be set. Otherwise, it will be read as an invalid team. Click the Update button below to save the changes.
    [​IMG]

Extras
    Mega Evolution
    Make sure to put the appropriate Mega Stone on your Pokémon in the teambuilder for this to work. If you did this correctly, the "Mega" button should show up on the battle screen.
    [​IMG]
    List of Mega Evolutions
    Venusaurite + Venusaur = Mega Venusaur (SM OU)
    Blastoisite + Blastoise = Mega Blastoise (SM UU)
    Charizardite X or Y + Charizard = Mega Charizard X or Mega Charizard Y (Both SM OU)
    Alakazite + Alakazam = Mega Alakazam (SM OU)
    Gengarite + Gengar = Mega Gengar (SM Ubers)
    Houndoomite + Houndoom = Mega Houndoom (Not yet released in Sun / Moon)
    Manectite + Manectric = Mega Manectric (Not yet released in Sun / Moon)
    Mawilite + Mawile = Mega Mawile (SM OU)
    Kangaskhanite + Kangaskhan = Mega Kangaskhan (SM Ubers)
    Gyaradosite + Gyarados = Mega Gyarados (SM OU)
    Mewtwonite X or Y+ Mewtwo = Mega Mewtwo X Or Mega Mewtwo Y (Both SM Ubers)
    Gardevoirite + Gardevoir = Mega Gardevoir (Not yet released in Sun / Moon)
    Pinsirite + Pinsir = Mega Pinsir (SM OU)
    Ampharosite + Ampharos = Mega Ampharos (Not yet released in Sun / Moon)
    Garchompite + Garchomp = Mega Garchomp (SM OU)
    Aerodactylite + Aerodactyl = Mega Aerodactyl (SM UU)
    Abomasite + Abomasnow = Mega Abomasnow (Not yet released in Sun / Moon)
    Heracronite + Heracross = Mega Heracross (Not yet released in Sun / Moon)
    Lucarionite + Lucario = Mega Lucario (SM Ubers)
    Scizorite + Scizor = Mega Scizor (SM OU)
    Aggronite + Aggron = Mega Aggron (Not yet released in Sun / Moon)
    Banettite + Banette = Mega Banette (Not yet released in Sun / Moon)
    Blazikenite + Blaziken = Mega Blaziken (Not yet released in Sun / Moon)
    Pidgeotite + Pidgeot = Mega Pidgeot (SM UU)
    Lopunnite + Lopunny = Mega Lopunny (Not yet released in Sun / Moon)
    Cameruptite + Camerupt = Mega Camerupt (Not yet released in Sun / Moon)
    Altarianite + Altaria = Mega Altaria (Not yet released in Sun / Moon)
    Sablenite + Sableye = Mega Sableye (SM OU)
    Diancite + Diancie = Mega Diancie (Not yet released in Sun / Moon)
    Salamencite + Salamence = Mega Salamence (SM Ubers)
    Dragon Ascent (Required Move, Does not need Mega stone.) + Rayquaza = Mega Rayquaza (Anything Goes)
    Galladite + Gallade = Mega Gallade (Not yet released in Sun / Moon)
    Metagrossite + Metagross = Mega Metagross (SM OU)
    Audinite + Audino = Mega Audino (SM UU)
    Slowbronite + Slowbro = Mega Slowbro (SM UU)
    Blue Orb + Kyogre = Primal Kyogre (Primal Reversion) (SM Ubers)
    Red Orb + Groudon = Primal Groudon (Primal Reversion) (SM Ubers)
    Glalitite + Glalie = Mega Glalie (SM UU)
    Medicham + Medichamite = Mega Medicham (SM UU)
    Steelixite + Steelix = Mega Steelix (SM UU)
    Beedrilite + Beedrill = Mega Beedrill (SM UU)​
    Z-Moves
    To use a Z-Move, you must first put the appropriate Z-Crystal on your Pokémon and fulfill the requirement each Crystal has set. Otherwise, it won't work. Currently the Battle window does not specify the Z-Move name on the move buttons, so you have to know the move information beforehand.
    [​IMG]

Warning:
    Currently in this version the process cannot be canceled using the "Cancel" button. If you accidentally pressed the Z-Move button ONCE, or if you change your mind and no longer wish to use it in said turn after pressing it, you have to press any other move that doesn't match the Z-Crystal type. If you pressed it TWICE then you will be forced to use the Z-Move.

Player Information
    Pencil button
    [​IMG]
    Here's where you can customize your trainer information and avatar. You can also change your username from here and then click on "Update" to use the new name.

[​IMG]

Player list
    [​IMG]
    Now you must know about the player list. It's where all usernames are. You can select them and a window should show their trainer information and buttons to challenge them.

[​IMG]
    Clauses
    Clauses are basically restrictions or particular rules that are either enforced by the server (such as finding a battle automatically) or set by the user (when challenging).

Sleep Clause*: No more than one Pokémon on each team can be put to sleep at the same time.

Freeze Clause: No more than one Pokémon on each team may be frozen at the same time.

Disallow Spectators: Prevents other players from spectating the battle.

Item Clause: There cannot be two or more Pokémon in each team holding the same item.

Challenge Cup: Players will be given a team consisting of random Pokémon with random moves, items and stats.

No Timeout: There will be no timer in the battle, meaning players will be free to take as much time as they want.

Species Clause*: No more than one Pokémon with the same Pokédex number may be put on the same team.

Team Preview*: Players are allowed to see each other's team before the battle starts.

Self-KO Clause*: If both player's last Pokémon faint in the same turn, the battle will not end in a tie but the winner will be decided depending on how the Pokémon fainted.

Inverted Battle: Type effectiveness is reversed, meaning Fire will be super effective against Water and weak to Grass and so on. Click here to see the full type chart for Inverted Battle.

*Clauses with an asterisk are typically enforced in ladder battles.
    Other features in the Challenge Window
    Private Message: It's the space where you can have a private conversation with any user.
    Ignore: If enabled, you will ignore all private and public messages from a user.

Misc. Features
    Settings
    [​IMG]
    Idle: Allows you to block challenges from users and can be used to tell others that you are unavailable or busy.
    Timestamps: Can be turned on or off to show or not show timestamps respectively.

Sort by auth: Re-orders the player list by authority level. First owners, then admins, mods and users.

Colored player list: Allows you to see the colors used by every player on their username.

Simple battle window: There are two ways to display battles on Webclient. The basic one that appears if this feature is disabled and a "improved view" if enabled.

Simple battle audio: If checked you will be available to listen the PO background music for battles. If not, no music will play in battles.

Show exit warning: If checked your browser will request you a confirmation to exit from PO. If disabled, it doesn't appear.

Download data: Don't want to lose all your changes done in your profile? Teams? And more stuff? If you click this button it will show you a block of text then you have to copy and paste that text on Notepad, save the text as a .json file.

Load from data: If you want to move those changes done in your profile, then upload it, select your .json file that you saved before and there you go! All changes saved.

Register: You must register your username so you can secure your account, be able to join Tournaments and other features that are only available when your name is registered.
    Search Bar
    Allows you to find Players or Channels.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Joining Channels
    You can either create your own channels or join the current ones. Use the search bar to join existing ones or type /cjoin channelname if you already know the channel you want to join; this command also works to create your own channels.

Useful Links

Information Regarding Hackmons
    Frequently Asked Questions
    Guide To Personalising Your Trainer Info
    A Simple Guide that Explains Tiers

If you have any questions that were not answered by this guide, feel free to make a post on the Help Subforum.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 7, 2017
    Jethalal, Draciel, Atli and 5 others like this.
  2. Zoroark

Zoroark Powerful Forum Moderator Server Moderator Forum Moderator Server Moderator

PO Trainer Name:
    SkyPhoenix / Zoroark
    Simple and Focused on the relevant information. Well done. Hope God that people will actually care to check this first before firing up questions on chat.

kalchris and sylvopex like this.
  3. JoyFrost

JoyFrost I wasn't built to break~ Forum Moderator Channel Leader Article Contributor Forum Moderator Channel Leader Article Contributor

PO Trainer Name:
    JoyFrost
    Simple yet well organized, good job memo!

sylvopex likes this.
  4. Joyverse

Joyverse Road Roller time! Article Contributor Article Contributor

PO Trainer Name:
    Joyverse
    ty Memo ily <3 Nice and user friendly!

5. Soul-Thembi

Soul-Thembi New Member

uhmm help i can't log in, i lagged out and it says im still log in >_>

6. Zoroark

Zoroark Powerful Forum Moderator Server Moderator Forum Moderator Server Moderator

PO Trainer Name:
    SkyPhoenix / Zoroark
    What's your alt? You could try clearing the login session from the browser by clearing the browsing history n such. Or a mod can kick it out in case the alt got stuck.

7. Zoroark

PO Trainer Name:
    SkyPhoenix / Zoroark
    Made some spelling corrections and reduced the Pics size for faster loading. If required, I can lower the size of the pictures again.

Hurricane likes this.
  8. battle

battle Weeb Princess

Hello! I'm relatively new to this website and i'm very confused on logging into the game...

9. Zoroark

PO Trainer Name:
    SkyPhoenix / Zoroark
    Well if you're trying to access from browser, it should be by clicking the "Play Now" button, it should take you to the Webclient page and well everything else is explained on the guide.

If you can't log in at all then we'd have to check if by accident you fell into a banned IP or something, otherwise try to download the windows version to log in.

10. battle

battle Weeb Princess

Omg thank you so much, I downloaded the windows version and everything seems to look alright (: I appreciate the help so much.

Update: I'm starting to use it rn, and it says my client is unupdated, and that I got banned o-o

http://imgur.com/a/SB84U
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 24, 2016
    Zoroark likes this.
  11. Zoroark

PO Trainer Name:
    SkyPhoenix / Zoroark
    http://pokemon-online.eu/forums/43/
    Post your issue here, an admin may check if you are banned or if you accidentally fell into a banned IP.
    Your client is not that outdated, that's an aside issue.

12. PhantomGS

PhantomGS PhantomWings

PO Trainer Name:
    【UN】Phantom,
    Hi,the webpage is just awesome i enjoy it, fast and easy. But i have i comment for you: can you build a webpage the suit for phone users? idk how difficult it might be (i build webs by using website builders), but if we can build a page like the this it makes battling easier and will arract more people to play po rather than ps

13. joshua palm

joshua palm New Member

does anyone know how to make there shiny appear on there sceen

14. Zoroark

PO Trainer Name:
    SkyPhoenix / Zoroark
    As far as I know:
    (19:20:09) ~Midnight Lycanroc: that function is not available in web version, demososo
    (19:20:25) ~Midnight Lycanroc: Although it's possible from the android app and windows client.
    Someone correct me if I'm wrong.
    Respective guides on both Android and Windows here explain how. Give them a check.

15. E.T.

E.T. Proud Member Super Moderator Server Administrator Articles Leader Super Moderator Server Administrator Articles Leader

PO Trainer Name:
    E.T.
    Confirming that shiny Pokémon have not yet been implemented on the Webclient. They show up in the team builder, but they won't be shiny in battle.

16. Hannah

Hannah Come a little closer

PO Trainer Name:
    Hannah
    Just something to edit and update the guide with, perhaps not having the first picture have "We were hacked" as its header would be nice.

Zoroark likes this.
  17. Zoroark

PO Trainer Name:
    SkyPhoenix / Zoroark
    Oh right. Thanks for pointing it out, I'll edit it ASAP.
    Edit: DONE

Last edited: Dec 20, 2016
  18. Steven_Stones

Steven_Stones New Member

this guide is very useful for newbies

Memo' and Zoroark like this.
  19. Bismuth83

Bismuth83 New Member

PO Trainer Name:
    Bismuth83
    Erm, is it possible for me to nickname my Pokémon in the teambuilder?

20. E.T.

E.T. Proud Member Super Moderator Server Administrator Articles Leader Super Moderator Server Administrator Articles Leader

PO Trainer Name:
    E.T.
    Yes, but to do so, you need to edit the importable directly. Open the teambuilder, click Importable, and for the Pokemon, put the nickname followed by the Pokemon's name in parenthesis, such as

NickName (Venusaur) @ Venusaurite
    ...(rest of importable)...

Then click import, then click update, and you should be good to go.

21. Bismuth83

Bismuth83 New Member

PO Trainer Name:
    Bismuth83
    Okay. I only wish it was easier...

22. Zoroark

PO Trainer Name:
    SkyPhoenix / Zoroark
    Alternatively you can try with Windows Client, Android Client or MAC client that fully support nicknaming pokémon without complicated steps.

23. Bismuth83

Bismuth83 New Member

PO Trainer Name:
    Bismuth83
    I registered and now I can't battle properly! The SEARCHING... button never does anything, and even when it does, it acts like the battle's started, but I can't do anything! Also, my team appears on the opponent's side!

24. E.T.

PO Trainer Name:
    E.T.
    Could you post a screenshot if it happens again? The webclient seems to be working fine to me, so it is difficult to identify the problem without more information.

25. Zoroark

PO Trainer Name:
    SkyPhoenix / Zoroark
    There's no specific way to reproduce this, it's something that happens randomly, both the battle window getting stuck and the Team/Name of one of the users getting duplicated/switched. It's been reported several times already and Coyo himself doesn't really know how to spot the problem.

26. Bismuth83

Bismuth83 New Member

PO Trainer Name:
    Bismuth83
    Nevermind, it works now. However, I would like to know what specific numbers produce what icons for the webclient avatar system.

27. Zoroark

PO Trainer Name:
    SkyPhoenix / Zoroark
    The list is a bit too large, you'd have to explore around the avatars until you find the one you like.

28. E.T.

PO Trainer Name:
    E.T.
    Here is a listing: http://imgur.com/a/mIzEz
    You can try opening the images in a new tab if they're too small.

29. Bismuth83

Bismuth83 New Member

PO Trainer Name:
    Bismuth83
    THANK YOU SO MUCH!

E.T. likes this.
  30. DrewPKMN

DrewPKMN New Member

When I clicked Gen, it showed an empty blank what do I do?

31. E.T.

PO Trainer Name:
    E.T.
    Try closing the teambuilder box and re-opening it. It sounds like it didn't load properly for some reason.

32. PhantomFoxy365

PhantomFoxy365 New Member

how do i get pokemons?

33. E.T.

PO Trainer Name:
    E.T.
    Go to the Teambuilder. The Teambuilding Step by Step section in the OP offers more details.

Note that the server was undergoing maintenance today, and I can't connect via the webclient at the moment, so the webclient might still be down.

34. POtrainerEX

POtrainerEX New Member

Moderators: E.T., Zoroark