1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Guest, due to a lack of interest, playerbase, and general desire to continue, PO will hereby cease our separate tiering and adopt Smogon tiers for SM. More information and updates here.

Dismiss Notice

[Gen 6 Other] The Master of the Universe [Transcendent Being of Power Mix] (ORAS Balanced Hackmons)

Discussion in 'Rate My Team' started by チャンピオンワタル, Jul 24, 2016.

Moderators: Edna, fsk
  1. チャンピオンワタル

チャンピオンワタル HYPER BEAM!

PO Trainer Name:
    【天龍神】 ワタル
    NOTE: The team primarily presented in this thread is made for the ORAS Balanced Hackmons metagame on Pokémon Online, in which the Ability Protean is not banned, Pokémon can have 252 EVs in every stat, and the Pokémon Arceus can be of any type regardless of its item and/or Ability. This team does not work in Balanced Hackmons on Pokémon Showdown!. If you want to use an alternate version of this team that does work in Balanced Hackmons on that simulator, take the team inside the second spoiler tag under the Importable section.

[​IMG]

As the cherry blossom petals fall, the tree from which they grew continues standing tall. Enduring the winds of time, in the same way the Great Pokémon Master remains as the Pokémon trainers come only to vanish like mayflies. A myriad of aliases throughout history like the heads of a hydra, many of which discarded along with all of their reputation like a serpent's shedded skins. Coming and going in a circle like that serpent eating its own tail, or a phoenix dying and rising from the ashes.

Friendship and betrayal, power abuse versus ban evasion, the rise and fall of clans, intimidating social power versus deceitful personal power, social forces and propaganda versus psychological resilience so strong that it resembles ignorance, all the light and darkness of the Pokémon community... he has seen it all, both from up close and from a distance. Nintendo and Game Freak may make an effort to depict the world of Pokémon as something close to a Utopia, but such an effort hardly prevents the darkness of human nature from seeping into the community that surrounds this franchise.

Slithering back and forth between close-up interaction and distant observation, the vampiric serpent has feasted on the demons' dark energy generated from their pursuit of power, dominance and sadistic pleasures. Yet, in the form of the magnanimous phoenix, he has showered the pure ones, such as those in his shining clan, with joy and warmth. Flying beyond this world, all while permeating throughout the community simultaneously with his countless hydra necks in a grand display of immanence and transcendence. In their entirety, his innumerable tales are known only to him. But as one who views the act of living life as akin to creating a grand piece of art, he will not let at least some of such tales go untold. And along with The Master of the Universe [ Immanent Being of Thought Mix], this is the tenth of those tales.

The third of those tales, Mirages of the Frozen Wasteland, served as the finale of the book that recounted the Great Pokémon Master's journey through the fifth generation of Pokémon - the transition from Black 2 and White 2 to X and Y. The first tale, Flames of the Heavenly Light, represented the Sun, while the sixth tale, Mare Tranquillitatis, mirrored it by representing the Moon. And the tenth tales, The Master of the Universe [Immanent Being of Thought Mix] and The Master of the Universe [Transcendent Being of Power Mix] shall mirror the third... each as a (Inverted) Balanced Hackmons team which marks the movement to a new era forshadowed by the first and sixth tales.

It has been almost three years since Mirages of the Frozen Wasteland... in other words, the cherry blossom tree has stood for close to thirteen years. And the number of petals that must have fallen throughout all of that time may only be compared to the number representing his skill as a Pokémon trainer...

[​IMG]
    (All the names circled in red are me)​

Welcome to the Rate My Team thread dedicated to The Master of the Universe [Transcendent Being of Power Mix], my latest team for Pokémon Online's ORAS Balanced Hackmons metagame. Across space and time, Pokémon trainers far and wide have known me as a player of numerous different metagames throughout the generations. A very consistent, though not exactly universal theme among the metagames to which I dedicate most of my time and energy is that such metagames allow the use of Pokémon and strategies of unnatural power. However, "unnatural power" in this context is a vague term which can mean several different things, all of which are significantly different in scale. In some cases, this term may simply refer to the fact that almost all, if not all of the strongest legendary Pokémon are allowed to be used in many of the metagames in which I battle. This term, however, may refer to something on a grander scale, such as a metagame in which absolutely any kind of Pokémon or strategy within the legal limits of the game may be used. But "unnatural power" can also denote a power that exists beyond the boundaries of legality within the game, such as a metagame in which Pokémon may possess pretty much any Ability that their trainer desires. Ascending even higher in scale, this term may reference metagames in which Pokémon possess near-unlimited options not only in terms of their Ability, but also in regards to their moves, while possibly even transcending the 510 EV limit that normally binds each individual Pokémon.

The reason why the use of "unnatural power" is a common theme among the metagames that I play is simple. While living life to me is like creating a work of art, and I live and act to satisfy my own sense of aesthetics, there is one thing which I have always viewed to be aesthetically pleasant, and that is sheer, overwhelming power. Reducing all of creation to ashes with a blast of harsh sunlight-fueled holy flames. Smiting the opponent's toughest walls with a catastrophically powerful wave of fire or ice. Crushing all opposition with the mere mind of that which Dr. Fuji would regard as the most powerful Pokémon, before grasping victory under the endlessly snowing heavens. Smashing the opponent's paralyzed Pokémon to pieces with the devastating attacks of my very signature Pokémon, famous for possessing the highest Attack stat of all Pokémon in the distant past. Overwhelming the opponent's defenses with an endless wave of luck, which is arguably the most powerful element one can have at their side in the game of Pokémon. Drowning foes with a devastating blast of water amidst a vast, moonlit and tranquil sea. Passing judgment upon enemies with the combined, absolute power of three deities, while watching as the foes succumb to the poison which enters their body from beneath their feet. Annihilating the opponent with a combination of speed and raw power before they have the chance to react. Or simply obliterating any foes that may stand in my path with a destructively loud soundwave explosion, fired from a Mega legendary Pokémon in possession of the highest base stat total in the game.

However, one can say that people's interest in things go around in a cycle. By indulging in one pleasure for an extended period of time, one inevitably ensures that that ceases to be a pleasure until one stops being exposed to it for long enough. Towards the end of Generation VI, I experienced a state of mind very similar to that which I went through in the final months of Generation V: I more or less lost interest in most of the metagames I battled in, while that which I remained with interest had no EV limit, as well as almost no restrictions on what Pokémon may be used and what moves and Abilities said Pokémon may possess. And just as my feelings towards Pokémon at the end of Generation V gave rise to my tenth anniversary Rate My Team thread, the way I have approached this game in the months leading up to the release of Pokémon Sun and Moon has led me to create a pair of Rate My Team threads, each dedicated to a team of mine in one of the two remaining Generation VI metagames I still play. Two metagames which can be considered to be polar opposites of each other, in which the theme of "unnatural power" once again reoccurs on multiple different levels.

Not only are ORAS Balanced Hackmons and Inverted Balanced Hackmons on Pokémon Online both arguably tied as the second highest metagames in terms of the level of power one can wield in them, being second only to classic Hackmons, but partially thanks to the Pokémon Online mechanics that allow the Pokémon Arceus to be any type regardless of its item or Ability, the "unnatural power" that these teams embody can be observed by merely looking at the Pokémon that make up said teams. TheAbsolutePower's holy trinity of three Arceus returns in the two teams, which also happen to both be the first Rate My Team threads of mine to include at least one of the Alpha Pokémon yet at the same time having the statistically strongest Pokémon in that team, at least prior to any kind of transformation, be something other than an Arceus itself. In my Rate My Team thread for The Champion's Glory Team, I explained in Deoxys-S's section that with very few exceptions, I arrange the Pokémon in my teams in ascending order of base stat total, meaning that the Pokémon with the lowest base stat total in my teams occupies the first spot, while the Pokémon with the highest base stat total rests at the sixth spot. In both teams presented by this pair of Rate My Team threads I am posting today, the Pokémon that occupies the sixth spot in the team happens to be a Mega form of a super legendary Pokémon, one of my favorite Pokémon ever from an aesthetic point of view, a Pokémon that happens to utilize the moves Boomburst, Extreme Speed and Fake Out, as well as one of the Pokémon with the highest base stat total in existence. Additionally, each of the aforementioned Mega Pokémon happens to be of a type that was, at certain points in Pokémon history, considered to be the "ultimate" type, and consequently either a new type or a pair of new types had to be introduced later to balance out its power. In my mind, this further highlights the statuses of specialness, ultimateness, power and nobility associated with the Pokémon that occupy the final spots of both teams. Witnessing such, as well as the fact that both teams are strikingly similar in their inclusion of an Imposter Chansey, three Arceus as well as a Pokémon with a 780 base stat total, was what led to my decision to celebrate the end of Generation VI by posting not one Rate My Team thread as I did at the end of Generation V, but rather, taking a page out of Game Freak's book in the way they like to release two versions of pretty much the same Pokémon game at once, by releasing a pair of Rate My Team threads, which I have named after two polar opposite characteristics which are both ironically yet commonly associated with the Judeo-Christian God.

The team at a glance:

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Team building process:

Back when I made In Luck We Trust II [إحْياء من الآس البستوني], I had honestly believed that that was going to be my final Rate My Team thread of Generation VI. I had even intended to quit Pokémon until Sun and Moon back around that time, but upon further reflection, I thought that that would have been a terrible move from an aesthetic point of view when I look back upon my own history from the future. Right at the very end of Generation V, I celebrated the transition to Generation VI with an absolutely surreal, awe-inspiring and extremely unique hail team consisting of some of my favorite Pokémon ever - Lugia, Reshiram, Mewtwo, and last but not least, Kyurem-W, the mascot Pokémon of the clan I led at the time, all in one team. Compared to the way my story in Generation V ended, I believed that having my final Generation VI Rate My Team thread be made more than half a year before the end of that generation would have been greatly unsatisfying, especially since that team, at least to my own sense of aesthetics, did not deliver the same impact and feeling of grandness that Mirages of the Frozen Wasteland did.

With the aforementioned feelings in mind, there was another thought that I entertained. Despite the fact that Rayquaza is one of my favorite Pokémon ever, as well as the fact that seven out of my nine previous Rate My Teams were for metagames in which this Pokémon was allowed, none of them featured it. Furthermore, I have made two Rate My Team threads for the Anything Goes metagame, a metagame whose entire existence is owed to the Mega form of the Sky High Pokémon, yet neither of them included this Pokémon. Combining all of this with the fact that Mega Rayquaza is the mascot Pokémon of my Heavenly Dragon Gods clan, I found such to be strange and regrettable. As I did not want to make a Rate My Team for the Anything Goes metagame yet again, I decided to build a new team for my favorite ORAS metagame ever, ORAS Balanced Hackmons on Pokémon Online... a metagame which lacks an EV limit unlike the Balanced Hackmons metagame on Pokémon Showdown!, which I dislike for that reason. Moreover, an updated version of Mare Tranquillitatis with Arceus-Fire, Arceus-Psychic and Arceus-Fairy in place of Ho-Oh, Cresselia and Xerneas respectively was the only team I possessed in that metagame up until that point, and I did not want to remember myself as an ORAS Balanced Hackmons player who only had one team for that metagame, regardless of how good it may have been. As such, I made a new ORAS Balanced Hackmons team, with Mega Rayquaza as its first member, with it given what I consider to be its best set in general, Aerilate with Sky Plate, Boomburst, Extreme Speed, Fake Out and Thousand Arrows.

[​IMG]

Being faced with countless options and possibilities regarding what Mega Rayquaza's first teammate should be, I remembered a team used by a person known as Heisenerg in the pre-EV limit XY Balanced Hackmons metagame on Pokémon Showdown!, consisting of Aerilate Rayquaza, Sturdy Shedinja, Fur Coat Registeel, Refrigerate Kyurem-W, Mold Breaker Mega Mewtwo X and Protean Mega Mewtwo X. This team is one which I still remember very vividly for a number of reasons. Not only did it successfully defeat me in the 2014 Other Metagames Premier League, but it is also what I personally consider to be the single best hyper-offensive team in that metagame in my opinion. This is very notable to me since I have almost never seen hyper-offense succeed consistently in any Balanced Hackmons metagame before, at least out of those without an EV limit. I was so throroughly impressed by this team that I actually used a variation of it in Pokémon Showdown!'s Balanced Hackmons metagame shortly after the EV limit was implemented there. Furthermore, I particularly liked how this team featured both Rayquaza and Kyurem-W, two of my favorite Pokémon ever. Believing Mega Rayquaza and Refrigerate Kyurem-W to form an excellent offensive core together as demonstrated by the success of Heisenerg's team, I decided to make my Mega Rayquaza's first teammate a Life Orb Refrigerate Kyurem-W with Bolt Strike, Boomburst, Extreme Speed and Earth Power - almost exactly the same as the Kyurem-W set which Heisenerg used in his team.

However, as the ORAS Balanced Hackmons tier on Pokémon Online limits teams to only one Aerilate, Pixilate or Refrigerate user per team, I had to change my Mega Rayquaza's Ability to something else. As I wanted to retain this Pokémon's access to Flying-type priority, I went with a Gale Wings set with Oblivion Wing, Spore, Substitute and Tail Glow.

[​IMG][​IMG]

I still very much remember the most dangerous Pokémon in Heisenerg's team - his Life Orb Protean Mega Mewtwo X, which had the moves Bolt Strike, Draco Meteor, King's Shield and V-create. Taking that team as an indication that such a Pokémon fits well together with Kyurem-W and Mega Rayquaza, I decided to add it to my team, but with a twist: that being the sacrifice of the power of its Bolt Strike and V-create for Speed by using Mega Mewtwo Y instead of Mega Mewtwo X, as I thought the extra Speed was appealing in a metagame in which Mega Mewtwo X, Mega Mewtwo Y and Mega Gengar run rampant. I also replaced Draco Meteor with Spore, since I thought this move was really dangerous on a Protean Pokémon, given the fact that Spore changes such a Pokémon's type to Grass, making it immune to this move if it gets reflected by Magic Bounce.

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

One thing any Balanced Hackmons player should have learned at a basic level is that all teams need to have ways to counter a Chansey or Blissey that has Impostered one of its own members. This can sometimes take the form of a Pokémon being able to beat its own Imposter, such as in the case of a Spooky Plate-carrying Ghost-type Pokémon with Judgment and Secret Sword as its only attacks, or a Toxic Orb-holding Quiver Dance user with Poison Heal and Dark Void or Spore, with Mega Gengar being the best example of the former and Kyogre most greatly exemplifying the latter. However, countering Imposter Chansey and Blissey can also mean simply having members of the team that can hard-counter its own powerful offensive threats. I decided to utilize the second method of countering Imposters by adding a Safety Goggles-carrying Flash Fire Arceus-Steel to the team. All alone, it could counter my own Kyurem-W, Mega Mewtwo Y and Mega Rayquaza.

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

As I considered a Mold Breaker/Turboblaze/Teravolt Pursuit user to be completely mandatory in any Balanced Hackmons team at the time, due to the presence of Sturdy Shedinja, I decided to add one to the team. In Mare Tranquillitatis, I used Ho-Oh (later replaced by Arceus-Fire in the version of that team for Pokémon Online's ORAS Balanced Hackmons metagame) for that role for its convenient ability to destroy Flash Fire Steel-type Pokémon with its immensely powerful V-create. But since my team had a Flash Fire Steel-type Pokémon of its own, I thought that would be a bad idea in case my Pursuit user got Impostered. Ultimately, I went with a Spooky Plate-holding Arceus-Ghost with Judgment, Pursuit, Stealth Rock and Rapid Spin, mostly due to its immunity to Endeavor, allowing it to switch into Shedinja very safely. Aside from being almost completely Imposter-proof while being able to set up Stealth Rock on Magic Bounce Pokémon, it could also Rapid Spin extremely easily thanks to its ability to hit Ghost-type Pokémon with its powerful Spooky Plate-enhanced Judgment. By using Rapid Spin instead of Defog, it could remove entry hazards from its own side of the field without at the same time removing the Stealth Rock it sets up.

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Finally, I decided to add a general Mega Mewtwo and Contrary counter to the team. I thought of using Shedinja at first, something that I believed had proven to work in a team similar to Heisenerg's, but ultimately did not want to use something so unreliable which could be easily eliminated by a well-timed Magma Storm or Infestation on the switch, or a double-switch to Mold Breaker/Turboblaze/Teravolt Pursuit user. Thus, I chose an Arceus-Psychic for that role, utilizing the exact same moveset as the Cresselia in Mare Tranquillitatis.

However, I soon realized that many opposing Protean Mega Mewtwo that ran different coverage moves than the one in my team were able to overwhelm both Arceus-Psychic and Arceus-Steel alike. In response, I replaced Arceus-Psychic with Shedinja as a general counter to offensive threats, including my team's own Pokémon if they got Impostered, while changing Arceus-Steel to a Prankster set with Encore, Recover, U-turn and Wish. I gave it minimum Speed to allow it to take a hit before U-turning to another Pokémon and possibly passing a Wish to them, while the low Speed almost never affected its other moves anyway thanks to its Ability. This was something I judged to be of utmost importance for this team since four of its members did not have recovery, and of those, two were weak to Stealth Rock.

Having found the power of Mega Mewtwo Y's attacks to be underwhelming, I decided to replace it with Mega Mewtwo X.

After a lot of considerations, I found that in the ORAS Balanced Hackmons metagame, there was, unfortunately, almost no reason to use Refrigerate Kyurem-W over Pixilate Mega Diancie. This is because Mega Diancie only has 10 less base Special Attack compared to Kyurem-W, in exchange for having a significantly higher base Speed, 40 more points in Attack, and a lack of a Stealth Rock weakness. And while Mega Diancie is a good deal frailer than Kyurem-W, it possesses a very useful resistance to Aerilate Fake Outs and Extreme Speeds, allowing it to take on Aerilate Mega Rayquaza far more easily. As for the difference in the types of their Boombursts and Extreme Speeds, both Pixilate and Refrigerate-modified attacks hit Dragon-type Pokémon super effectively. And although Ice hits Grass, Ground and Flying-type Pokémon super-effectively, Grass-type Pokémon are almost unseen in this metagame from my experience, while Mega Rayquaza and Yveltal, the two most common Flying-type Pokémon in this metagame, are destroyed by Mega Diancie's Pixilate attacks anyway, leaving Groudon as the only relevant Pokémon in those categories against which Refrigerate Kyurem-W performs better than Mega Diancie.

In my opinion, the two most threatening sweepers in the ORAS Balanced Hackmons metagame are Poison Heal Kyogre with Dark Void, Moonblast, Quiver Dance and Water Spout, and Mold Breaker/Turboblaze/Teravolt Spooky Plate Mega Gengar with Dark Void, Judgment, Secret Sword and Shell Smash, due to their Imposter-proof nature combined with their sheer destructive ability. As revenge-killing is one of the major roles of Aerilate, Pixilate and Refrigerate Pokémon in this metagame, the ability to revenge-kill the metagame's two top sweepers is of utmost importance for such Pokémon in my opinion. And as far as this team was concerned, Pixilate Mega Diancie's inability to hit Mega Gengar neutrally with its Fake Out and Extreme Speed was no big deal to me, since I had a Gale Wings Oblivion Wing Mega Rayquaza. Kyurem-W's inability to hit Kyogre neutrally with its Extreme Speed, on the other hand, was a major problem, especially since Mega Rayquaza's Oblivion Wing doesn't do much damage to it, even moreso after it has boosted with Quiver Dance. With all of this in mind, I replaced Refrigerate Kyurem-W with Pixilate Mega Diancie.

However, the team was highly inconsistent, as it was way too reliant on Shedinja to check a lot of threats, and therefore found itself at a massive disadvantage in any battle in which it was eliminated by a well-timed Infestation or Magma Storm on the switch, or a well-timed double switch to a Mold Breaker/Turboblaze/Teravolt Pursuit user. In response, I replaced Shedinja with a Flash Fire Arceus-Grass to counter any Chansey or Blissey Impostering my Mega Mewtwo X, since it resisted Bolt Strike and was immune to Spore and V-create.

But I thought that adding an Arceus-Grass to the team just for that purpose would have been a waste, so I replaced Mega Diancie with a Drought Choice Scarf Reshiram, a Pokémon which, if Impostered, could also be countered by my Arceus-Grass. Drought was chosen over Desolate Land as an Ability due to its potential to benefit my Mega Mewtwo X by boosting the power of its V-create to absolutely insane levels, while Drought's limited duration was hardly a problem for a hit-and-run Pokémon such as Choice Scarf Reshiram anyway. I also added Toxic Spikes to my Arceus-Grass, since I thought that this entry hazard in combination with Reshiram's devastating Sun-boosted Eruptions would be excellent for pressuring opposing teams, especially since the ORAS Balanced Hackmons metagame is dominated by Arceus Formes and Mega Mewtwo.

With Mega Diancie having left the team, I also changed Mega Rayquaza's moveset back to the original Aerilate set I had.

Since my team had Toxic Spikes now, I replaced Arceus-Ghost with a Mega Gengar that ran the exact same set. Although the Ghost/Poison-type Pokémon was a lot frailer than the Alpha Pokémon, I thought the change was worth it due to the former's ability to absorb any Toxic Spikes that got reflected by Magic Bounce.

After some more testing and tweaking, I decided to compress the roles of Mega Gengar and Arceus-Grass together into one Pokémon: a Safety Goggles-wearing Turboblaze Giratina-A with Pursuit, Rapid Spin, Roost and Stealth Rock, while removing Draco Meteor from Reshiram's moveset to prevent an Imposter which has transformed into it from beating my Giratina-A. This freed up a slot in my team, allowing me to put the same Unaware Arceus-Psychic back into the team to counter various Pokémon.

However, despite all of these modifications, the team was simply completely inconsistent, as powerful offensive threats, especially Poison Heal Kyogre and opposing Protean Mega Mewtwo simply powered their way through it regardless. At this point, I gave up on working on this team for about a week.

But after that amount of time passed, I regained the inspiration to work on my team, after recalling the way I considered Poison Heal Kyogre and Mold Breaker/Turboblaze/Teravolt Shell Smash Mega Gengar to be the two best sweepers in this metagame. Since my excellent ORAS Balanced Hackmons team, the modified version of from Mare Tranquillitatis with Arceus-Fire, Arceus-Psychic and Arceus-Fairy was centered around one of those two sweepers, why not center my to-be second excellent team on the other? While this team began and was initially built around Mega Rayquaza, I decided to now focus it around Shell Smash Mega Gengar, although this hardly meant I needed to remove Mega Rayquaza anyway. Initially, I believed that Arceus-Ghost would generally be superior to Mega Gengar due to its much greater bulk, so I decided to use it instead, with Close Combat over Secret Sword since the former was more powerful and Arceus-Ghost's Attack was equal to its own Special Attack anyway.

As for my team's other members, I decided to take Mare Tranquillitatis's core, since it was something tried-and-true. As such, I added the exact same Aegislash and Arceus-Fairy from that team, except the latter had Stealth Rock instead of Spikes. Around that time, I personally invented what I consider to be an extremely unique and effective Arceus-Water set, with the Poison Heal Ability, Toxic Orb as its item, and Gastro Acid, King's Shield, Whirlwind and Wish as its moves. Although its lack of Unaware prevents it from countering many Pokémon, especially Contrary users as effectively as Mare Tranquillitatis's Cresselia or Arceus-Psychic, its combination of Poison Heal and Toxic Orb provided it with excellent passive recovery, especially when paired with King's Shield, while at the same time making it immune to all status effects, instead of only Spore-induced sleep like Mare Tranquillitatis's Cresselia or Arceus-Psychic. Furthermore, its Water typing also made it a complete hard-counter to the incredibly dangerous Poison Heal Quiver Dance Kyogre, and it could also check Shell Smash Mega Gengar somewhat. Nonetheless, because of this Arceus-Water's similarities to Mare Tranquillitatis's Cresselia/Arceus-Psychic, I decided to have Arceus-Water be the replacement of that team's Unaware wall in this new team's core.

Since this team does not have an Unaware wall, I had to make it more resilient to Contrary Pokémon than Mare Tranquillitatis was, and my solution to that was to make my last two members Aerilate Mega Rayquaza and Imposter Eviolite Chansey. The former was great for revenge-killing Contrary Pokémon with Fake Out and Extreme Speed provided they have not attained too many Defense boosts, while the latter served as a far better detterent to Contrary Pokémon due to being significantly bulkier than Imposter Blissey, thanks to its Eviolite. And although my team now did not have a Mold Breaker/Turboblaze/Teravolt Pursuit user, I thought this wasn't much of an issue since my main sweeper had Turboblaze and could thus easily sweep past Shedinja anyway.

As my team already had Arceus-Ghost to serve as an immunity to Endeavor, I thought that Aegislash would be better off replaced by an Arceus-Steel with the exact same set, thanks to its much more impressive bulk. I gave it a Rocky Helmet as an extra countermeasure against Shedinja if I ever found it too difficult to take out. However, aside from serving that purpose, such an item was also great for making the opponent's Pokémon take recoil damage with their contact moves, especially if they were Encore-locked into one of such moves that did little damage to Arceus-Steel. Forcing Aerilate, Pixilate and Refrigerate Pokémon, including any Chansey or Blissey that Impostered this team's Mega Rayquaza to take damage upon hitting Arceus-Steel with their Fake Out or Extreme Speed was awesome too.

Finally, I decided that Mega Gengar was better than Arceus-Ghost for the Shell Smash set, as the difference between 170 and 120 base offensive stats was too much to overlook in my eyes, with Mega Gengar's Secret Sword being even stronger than Arceus-Ghost's Close Combat while at the same time lacking the latter's drawback. And while Arceus-Ghost's far superior bulk certainly helped, I found that on the ORAS Balanced Hackmons ladder, Pixilate Mega Diancie was by far the single most common Aerilate, Pixilate or Refrigerate Pokémon, and thanks to Mega Gengar's Poison typing, it did take Pixilate Fake Outs and Extreme Speeds slightly better than Arceus-Ghost could. With all of that in mind, I replaced Arceus-Ghost with Mega Gengar.

After that, I noticed that my team would work so much better if it had greater entry hazard support, since unlike the two teams to which my previous Balanced Hackmons Rate My Team threads were dedicated, which utilized both Stealth Rock and Spikes, this one only had Stealth Rock as an entry hazard most of the time, with me only having the opportunity to set up Spikes if my Chansey switched in without its Imposter Ability activating. This especially seemed like a wasted opportunity to me given my Arceus-Water's ability to pseudo-Haze any non-Magic Bounce Pokémon with Whirlwind, as well as my Arceus-Steel's ability to pseudo-pseudo-Haze any Magic Bounce Pokémon with its Prankster Parting Shot, and the latter scenario is especially sweet upon the realization that many teams have Defog and Magic Bounce on the same Pokémon.

Ultimately, I decided to replace Arceus-Water's Gastro Acid with Spikes, as I literally could not sacrifice any other Pokémon's moveslot for that move. While Gastro Acid was excellent for destroying threatening Poison Heal sweepers such as Kyogre and Regigigas, I could also pseudo-Haze them away with Whirlwind anyway. And although this did not help if a Poison Heal sweeper was the opponent's last Pokémon, I could use Arceus-Steel's Topsy-turvy to reverse all of their stat boosts anyway, before finishing them off with the powerful attacks of either Mega Gengar or Mega Rayquaza, possibly while they are locked into a setup or otherwise undesirable move by the Steel-type Pokémon's Prankster Encore.

However, I later replaced Arceus-Water's Spikes with Toxic Spikes, for a number of reasons. Firstly, I found that that entry hazard was simply far more effective than Spikes at wearing down threatening offensive Pokémon that do not have access to recovery, such as Mega Mewtwo, Mega Latias, Mega Latios and Pixilate Mega Diancie, while greatly annoying many Arceus Formes. Secondly, the fact that Toxic Spikes can be used against me by a Chansey or Blissey that Imposters this team's Poison Heal Pokémon also does not bother me much, since this team's Poison Heal Pokémon happens to be a defensive one rather than a sweeper, unlike in the teams presented in my two previous Balanced Hackmons Rate My Team threads. And finally, while Toxic Spikes being reflected by the opponent's Magic Bounce Pokémon would be quite annoying for any team which does not have a Toxic Spikes-immune Pokémon as their Defog or Rapid Spin user, this was not an issue for my team since Mega Gengar can absorb this entry hazard anyway.

I also temporarily replaced Mega Rayquaza's Thousand Arrows with Toxic for the ability to cripple non-Steel-type counters to Aerilate, Pixilate or Refrigerate Pokémon, such as Soundproof Mega Slowbro, since Thousand Arrows did not even do much more damage to Steel-type Pokémon than Boomburst did anyway. However, I did not want to give my Mega Rayquaza a stronger Fire, Fighting or Ground-type coverage move, as that would allow the opponent's Chansey or Blissey to threaten my own Arceus-Steel way too much if it Impostered my Mega Rayquaza. Toxic also helped against Shedinja, especially if Toxic Spikes are on the opponent's side of the field, since that Pokémon almost always carries a Lum Berry and often has the move Recycle. And while Will-O-Wisp could also serve the same purpose while at the same time crippling any opposing Steel-type Pokémon that does not have Magic Bounce or Flash Fire, I did not like its ability to burn my Arceus-Steel if it got Impostered. However, I later realized that Poison Heal Mega Tyranitar was a huge problem for my team, so I replaced Toxic with Close Combat, despite this move's ability to hit my Arceus-Steel hard.

When it came to deciding a name for this team, I thought of two options. As my team had a Poison-type Pokémon in Mega Gengar, combined with a Toxic user in Mega Rayquaza as well as a Toxic Orb-holding and Toxic Spikes-using Poison Heal Arceus-Water, I immediately noticed a poison theme in my team. As such, I tentatively gave it the name "Memories of the Toxic Wasteland" as a tribute to Mirages of the Frozen Wasteland, since this team and that team represent my transition as a Pokémon trainer from Generation V to Generation VI, and from Generation VI to Generation VII, respectively. However, as I had also, out of purely aesthetic reasons, nicknamed the three Arceus in this team after the Christian idea of the Trinity, I later decided to choose a name for this team that reflects not its poisonous nature, but rather, a pair of concepts commonly attributed to the Christian God: Immanence and Transcendence. Additionally, this team contains Mega Rayquaza, another Pokémon often reverred as a deity and even has the Kanji/Chinese character "神," which means "God" in its nickname. Combining this with the fact that this team's Mega Gengar knows the divine move Judgment, I had decided that there was no better name for my team than the one I had chosen... up until I got into Inverted Balanced Hackmons. Seeing the many similarities and parallels between my team for that metagame and this team, I decided that I would create a Rate My Team thread for both threads at once in celebration of the end of Generation VI, drawing a connection between both of them by naming my ORAS Balanced Hackmons team The Ultimate Power in the Universe [Transcendent Version] and my Inverted Balanced Hackmons team The Ultimate Power in the Universe [Immanent Version].

A while later however, I noticed how my ORAS Balanced Hackmons team's final member was a god-like Dragon-type legendary Pokémon in possession of the highest base stat total in the game, while my Inverted Balanced Hackmons team's final member was a Psychic-type legendary Pokémon with the same base stat total, which is also equally revered as a deity. Because I personally associate dragons with the concept of power, while psychics are obviously associated with the faculty of thought, my sense of aesthetics told me to rename my two teams to reflect the concepts of power and thought, while at the same time painting my Mega Rayquaza and Mega Mewtwo Y as gods holding sovereignty over and personifying those respective ideas. With that in mind, I renamed my ORAS Balanced Hackmons and Inverted Balanced Hackmons teams to The Master of the Universe [Transcendent Being of Power Mix] and The Master of the Universe [Immanent Being of Thought Mix] respectively, with "The Master of the Universe" being a call-back to "Master of DaUniverse," one of the very first usernames I have ever used on any online Pokémon battling simulator.

A closer look at the team:

[​IMG]

Light Doppelgänger (Chansey) (F) @ Eviolite
    Trait: Imposter
    EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 252 SAtk / 252 SDef / 252 Spd
    IVs: 0 Atk
    Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
    - Aromatherapy
    - Defog
    - Soft-Boiled
    - Spikes

The first member of The Master of the Universe [Transcendent Being of Power Mix] is the very definition of the ORAS Balanced Hackmons metagame itself: Imposter Eviolite Chansey - a Pokémon which singlehandedly checks the vast majority of offensive threats in this metagame, while being able to perform various roles if it transforms into a defensive Pokémon, such as Defog, setting up entry hazards, or using Aromatherapy or Heal Bell. Additionally, it can also set up Spikes or use Aromatherapy or Defog if it switches in without its Imposter Ability activating, which is possible by switching it into a Pokémon behind a Substitute or one with Imposter or Illusion as its Ability. However, the safest way to switch this Pokémon in without Imposter activating is to send it into the opponent's Imposter Chansey or Blissey after it has transformed into one of this team's three Arceus, since none of them can threaten Chansey in any way, and the entry hazards that an Arceus-Water or Arceus-Fairy-transformed Imposter sets up can easily be removed by the Egg Pokémon's Defog. However, do note that switching Chansey into an Arceus-Water or Arceus-Steel-transformed Imposter can result in the Normal-type Pokémon being either pseudo-Hazed away in Arceus-Water's case, or the opponent using Parting Shot on the switch and therefore gaining momentum in Arceus-Steel's case.

Because The Master of the Universe [Transcendent Being of Power Mix] is a team that relies a lot on the Stealth Rock and Toxic Spikes set up by Arceus-Fairy and Arceus-Water respectively, it cannot afford to use Defog over Rapid Spin as its primary method of removing entry hazards. But at the same time, because of my own well-known dislike of battling while having even a single layer of entry hazard on my side of the field, I judged that my own team being able to use Defog in some capacity is useful in case I happen to face an opposing entry hazard-stacking team, as rare as such may be in this metagame, which contains Aegislash, since this Pokémon can block my Arceus-Fairy's Rapid Spin while at the same time being largely unthreatened by that Pokémon's Moonblast attack. Aromatherapy is an extremely useful move in general, as curing one's entire team of status effects in a single turn is simply a godsend, especially in a mostly defensively-oriented team such as this one, as well as a metagame in which moves like Sacred Fire, Steam Eruption, Spore and Dark Void are used everywhere. But at the same time, I cannot fit it anywhere in the team, which is why I decided to put it on my Imposter, which is not too bad a deal given how incredibly common Imposters are in this metagame, combined with the fact that such a Pokémon cannot threaten Chansey at all upon transforming into half of The Master of the Universe [Transcendent Being of Power Mix]'s team members. With all of that said though, be careful of using Aromatherapy, both in cases when Chansey's Imposter does not activate as well as in situations in which it transforms into a Pokémon which knows this move or Heal Bell, since this move also cures Arceus-Water of its poisoning, and this can be detrimental especially if that Pokémon's Toxic Orb has been removed by a technique such as Knock Off or Trick. Soft-Boiled is self-explanatory, and while most people prefer to run moves such as King's Shield, Whirlwind and Fake Out on their Imposters, the last of whose merits I can definitely see in breaking Illusions, I personally judge that for this team, Spikes suits best for Chansey's final move. This is because of a combination of Arceus-Water's ability to pseudo-Haze with Whirlwind, Arceus-Steel's ability to force opposing Magic Bounce Pokémon to switch with Parting Shot, as well as the previously-mentioned use of Rapid Spin over Defog as this team's main way of removing entry hazards. All of this creates a perfect environment which together makes entry hazards extremely effective and easy to abuse with this team.

Along with this team's Aerilate Mega Rayquaza with its incredibly strong priority attacks, this Chansey is one of The Master of the Universe [Transcendent Being of Power Mix]'s primary means of revenge-killing opposing threats. It is given a Bold Nature to increase its Defense if it does not transform into another Pokémon, since its special bulk is already enormous anyway, while it does not utilize any offensive moves.

[​IMG]

Shadow Doppelgänger (Mega Gengar) (M) @ Spooky Plate
    Trait: Teravolt
    Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
    - Dark Void
    - Judgment
    - Secret Sword
    - Shell Smash

Along with Poison Heal Quiver Dance Kyogre, this Mega Gengar is one of the best and deadliest sweepers in the ORAS Balanced Hackmons metagame in my opinion. With a blazingly high Speed stat combined with a Magic Bounce-piercing Dark Void in a metagame famous for its lack of a Sleep Clause, Mega Gengar can easily put other Pokémon to sleep in order to buy itself a free turn to double both its Speed and already amazingly high Special Attack with Shell Smash. After that, it can sweep through teams with extreme ease thanks to the sheer power and near-unresisted coverage between its two attacks. To make matters worse for the opponent, Mega Gengar cannot be stopped by Sturdy Shedinja thanks to the bursting aura it radiates, while it is almost completely Imposter-proof unless the opponent's Imposter holds a Spooky Plate, with most Imposters being able to achieve absolutely nothing against this sweeper except for trying to win a Speed-tie and putting it to sleep with an 80% accurate move.

Aside from sweeping, Mega Gengar serves The Master of the Universe [Transcendent Being of Power Mix] in numerous ways. Firstly, thanks to its Poison typing, it can absorb Toxic Spikes, most likely those used by this team's Arceus-Water that get reflected by the opponent's Magic Bounce Pokémon. Secondly, due to its Ghost typing, it serves the extremely useful role of providing this team with an immunity to Shedinja's Endeavor. And while switching Arceus-Steel into that Pokémon's Endeavor comes with the great benefit of instantly eliminating it thanks to Rocky Helmet, allowing the Steel-type Pokémon to be reduced to 1 HP in exchange for eliminating Shedinja may not always be a worthwhile trade, especially if the opponent's team also happens to counter a powerful Aerilate, Pixilate or Refrigerate Pokémon which Arceus-Steel may need to counter later on in the match. Furthermore, switching Arceus-Steel into Shedinja's Endeavor would be completely pointless if its Rocky Helmet had already been removed by Knock Off, something which happens quite often from my experience. Speaking of Shedinja, many people often leave this Pokémon in on Mega Gengar to hit it with Ice Shard for a little damage before fainting to Judgment, as they are likely to assume that it has Pursuit upon seeing that it has Teravolt. In this way, by bluffing Pursuit, this Mega Gengar can sometimes serve to cheaply eliminate the opponent's Shedinja early on in the match, which is always nice. And while the presence of Toxic Spikes in this team may make one question my decision to give Mega Gengar Dark Void instead of Pursuit, since the Toxic Spikes may conflict with Mega Gengar's attempt to put opposing Pokémon to sleep, I still think that Dark Void is the better option, due to the free turns it can potentially create to allow the Ghost/Poison-type Pokémon to set up, while Toxic Spikes, though annoying, are usually quite easy for a well-built team to remove anyway.

Finally, even without having to use Shell Smash, Mega Gengar can break down walls quite well with its attacks, especially with its ability to cut down Mega Tyranitar with Secret Sword, while heavily damaging the likes of Giratina and Aegislash with its immensely powerful Judgment. Additionally, its ability to outrun and deal great damage to Mega Latias, Mega Latios and Mega Diancie, if not even finish them off is great too, especially since it resists the Pixilate Fake Out and Extreme Speed of the third of those. However, when using this Pokémon, be very careful in ensuring that it never gets hit by Knock Off, or have its item removed in any way. Not only does the move Knock Off hit the Shadow Pokémon super effectively, but if it is deprived of its Spooky Plate, Mega Gengar can hope to do absolutely nothing against opposing Ghost-type Pokémon, including Imposters, besides putting them to sleep with Dark Void.

One of the main features of Pokémon Online's ORAS Balanced Hackmons metagame which makes it distinct from Pokémon Showdown!'s Balanced Hackmons metagame is the fact that Arceus can be any type regardless of item and/or Ability, something which is clearly demonstrated by the very existence of this team's next three members. As such, many high-level teams in this metagame, such as serves The Master of the Universe [Transcendent Being of Power Mix] itself, are dominated by Arceus Formes. Because of this, I found it to be of utmost importance for a Dark Void user in this metagame which possesses the ability to outrun an Arceus that has a Speed-enhancing Nature to do so, which is why I have given Mega Gengar a Timid Nature, to allow it to outrun the Alpha Pokémon while lowering the only stat it does not ever utilize.

[​IMG]

The Son (Arceus-Water) @ Toxic Orb
    Trait: Poison Heal
    Calm Nature (+SDef, -Atk)
    - King's Shield
    - Toxic Spikes
    - Whirlwind
    - Wish

If the Poison Heal Mewtwo in Mirages of the Frozen Wasteland is to me in BW2 Balanced Hackmons as the Turboblaze Ho-Oh in Mare Tranquillitatis is to me in XY Balanced Hackmons, then this Arceus-Water certainly holds the same relationship with me in the ORAS Balanced Hackmons metagame on Pokémon Online. This invention of mine is, in my opinion, one of the best walls in the entire metagame, being an absolute hard-counter to the infamously dangerous Poison Heal Quiver Dance Kyogre, while also being able to counter Poison Heal Regigigas as well as this team's very own Mega Gengar somewhat. It can alternate between Wish and King's Shield to stall against many of the most powerful offensive threats this metagame has to offer, including Aerilate Mega Rayquaza, Pixilate Mega Diancie, as well as Protean Mega Mewtwo, Latias and Latios lacking a strong Electric or Grass-type attack. This makes it so that if they get poisoned by the very Toxic Spikes this Arceus-Water sets up, they can simply be poison/Toxic-stalled to death with a combination of Wish and King's Shield. With correct prediction, King's Shield can also halve an opponent's Pokémon's Attack stat, making certain physical attackers such as Facade Poison Heal Regigigas and Bolt Strike Protean Mega Mewtwo X much easier to handle, if not turning something Arceus-Water normally cannot counter into something that it can counter in the latter case.

Furthermore, its complete immunity to status effects makes it a great switch-in to Pokémon that attempt to spread such, especially Mold Breaker/Turboblaze/Teravolt Dark Void or Spore users, and Pokémon that use Sacred Fire, Scald or Steam Eruption. Aside from healing itself, the Alpha Pokémon's Wish technique is also exceedingly useful for healing its own teammates, especially since neither Mega Gengar nor Mega Rayquaza possesses recovery on their own, and Chansey only has recovery conditionally. On the turn after Arceus-Water uses Wish while facing against an offensive Pokémon such as Protean Mega Mewtwo, one can also relatively safely switch into Chansey, which in most cases easily takes the opponent's Pokémon's attacks thanks to its supreme HP and Eviolite, before being healed by the Wish, and then proceeding to threaten the opponent's team with an incredibly bulky version of their offensive threat. Provided there are no Stealth Rock or Spikes on The Master of the Universe [Transcendent Being of Power Mix]'s side of the field, passing a Wish to an Arceus-Steel which has been reduced to 1 HP by a Shedinja's Endeavor can be great too. Finally, Whirlwind serves two purposes. Firstly, it can be used to eliminate the stat boosts of opposing setup sweepers provided they do not have Magic Bounce. And while a move such as Circle Throw or Dragon Tail can pseudo-Haze even Magic Bounce Pokémon, it has the drawback of being unable to bypass Substitute, while Whirlwind's inability to pierce Magic Bounce is hardly a problem anyway as Arceus-Steel can pseudo-pseudo-Haze them away with its Prankster Parting Shot. And secondly, the move can be used for disruption purposes as well as for racking up damage with entry hazards. For example, say Arceus-Water has just set up a layer of Toxic Spikes, while the opponent has a non-Magic Bounce Defog user, especially one that either possesses the Poison Heal Ability or is of the Steel or Flying type. On the next turn, the opponent is very likely to switch to their Defog user to remove the Toxic Spikes, while getting only that Pokémon poisoned by the entry hazard at best. If Arceus-Water uses Whirlwind on that turn, it can force a different member of the opponent's team to get poisoned, and this is especially sweet if that Pokémon happens to be a powerful offensive threat that lacks recovery, such as a Protean Mega Mewtwo, Pixilate Mega Diancie, Red Orb-holding Download Groudon or a Contrary Pokémon. Toxic Spikes are also especially beautiful in this team considering the fact that even if it gets reflected, it is not such a big deal, since four of the team's members are immune to it, with one even being able to absorb it.

Like with all Poison Heal Pokémon, be extremely careful to ensure that Arceus-Water does not get hit by a status effect or a move such as Knock Off or Trick before its Toxic Orb activates, as that would generally make it far less useful for the rest of the battle. One of the easiest way to ensure that its Toxic Orb activates is to have Arceus-Steel use Encore to lock the opponent's Pokémon into a move which can neither badly damage nor threaten to prevent Arceus-Water's Toxic Orb from activating, such as a setup move like Quiver Dance, Shell Smash or Shift Gear, or the Fake Out of an Aerilate, Pixilate or Refrigerate Pokémon. After that, hard-switch to Arceus-Water, but do not try to switch into it with Parting Shot, as the opponent switching to a Magic Bounce Pokémon on the next turn would lead to the destruction of that opportunity to activate the Alpha Pokémon's Toxic Orb safely. Another easy way to activate Toxic Orb is by sending in Arceus-Water as soon as Arceus-Steel's Parting Shot hits a non-Magic Bounce Pokémon on the same turn it switches in. Besides that, there is another relatively safe way to activate Toxic Orb, which is to have it use King's Shield to protect itself from a potential Knock Off or status-inducing attack from an offensive Pokémon. However, such a method is not guaranteed, as Arceus-Water may be hit by a surprise move such as Dark Void, Spore, or even worse, Thunder Wave or Will-O-Wisp on that turn.

However, if the situation does arise in which Toxic Orb is prevented from activating, one does not necessarily need to fret. If Arceus-Water gets burned, paralyzed, frozen or put to sleep, it can still be cured by the Aromatherapy of this team's Chansey if its Imposter does not activate, or even if that Ability does activate in some situations. Alternatively, one can wait for the Water-type Pokémon's sleep or frozen status to wear off. And if the Alpha Pokémon has its Toxic Orb removed, it can still utilize its Poison Heal Ability by taking advantage of the opponent's Magic Bounce Pokémon to have its own Toxic Spikes reflected upon its own field, before switching out, preferably to either Arceus-Steel or Mega Rayquaza since they are immune to Toxic Spikes without absorbing it upon entry. After that, simply switch back to Arceus-Water and it will be poisoned, without any need whatsoever of a Toxic Orb. If it is merely poisoned by a single layer of Toxic Spikes, rather than badly poisoned by its own Toxic Orb, this can even be advantageous, as the effects will be far less debilitating if its Poison Heal Ability happens to get removed by a technique such as Gastro Acid or Skill Swap. The method of taking advantage of Toxic Spikes and the opponent's Magic Bounce Pokémon to get Arceus-Water poisoned in cases where it no longer has its Toxic Orb can also be used if this Pokémon's item gets removed sometime after the first time it has been activated (something which actually happens incredibly often), but not before Chansey uses Aromatherapy or Heal Bell sometime later on in the battle.

The Alpha Pokémon is given a Calm Nature mostly to maximize its ability to tank Aerilate and Pixilate Boombursts, while lowering a stat it does not need.

[​IMG]

The Holy Spirit (Arceus-Fairy) @ Leftovers
    Trait: Magic Bounce
    EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Def / 252 SAtk / 252 SDef / 252 Spd
    - Moonblast
    - Rapid Spin
    - Recover
    - Stealth Rock

With the only difference being that it sets up Stealth Rock instead of Spikes, this Arceus-Fairy is basically a buffed up copy of the Xerneas that occupied the final spot in Mare Tranquillitatis. I decided to recycle the idea of a bulky Fairy-type Pokémon with Magic Bounce, Moonblast, Rapid Spin, Recover and an entry hazard move simply because of how incredibly effective and splashable it is in Balanced Hackmons metagames in general in my opinion. Giratina-A is still the most common Ghost-type and Magic Bounce Pokémon in this metagame, making a Moonblast-wielding Fairy-type Pokémon an excellent Pokémon for running both Rapid Spin and an entry hazard move. This Arceus-Fairy is basically switched into any non-Mold Breaker/Turboblaze/Teravolt Pokémon which looks like it may set entry hazards or use Dark Void or Spore, such as Deoxys-S and Shuckle. Although, Arceus-Water may sometimes be the better switch-in to Dark Void and Spore, but that is only after its Toxic Orb has already been activated. Arceus-Fairy's Magic Bounce Ability allows it to grab momentum by switching into predicted Parting Shots, which can also serve as a method to safely allow Arceus-Water's Toxic Orb to activate. This Ability is also useful for stopping various strategies that depend on moves like Leech Seed, Mean Look and more. The combination of this Pokémon's high Speed and Same Type Attack Bonus Moonblast also lets it outrun and deal great damage to Mega Rayquaza and Kyurem-B, although it definitely should not be trying to take on a full-health Aerilate Mega Rayquaza head-on. However, after an Aerilate, Pixilate, Refrigerate or even Protean Pokémon has its offensive stats lowered by Arceus-Steel's Parting Shot, Arceus-Fairy can actually wall and beat them quite comfortably. Additionally, Arceus-Fairy serves as a great general counter to Yveltal, Mega Tyranitar and Mega Gyarados too.

[​IMG]

The Father (Arceus-Steel) @ Rocky Helmet
    Trait: Prankster
    Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
    - Encore
    - Parting Shot
    - Recover
    - Topsy-Turvy

The Master of the Universe [Transcendent Being of Power Mix]'s final Arceus and penultimate member is another Pokémon whose moveset and concept borrows from a member of Mare Tranquillitatis. Running the exact same Ability and moveset as that team's Aegislash, this Arceus-Steel trades an immunity to Normal and Fighting-type moves as well as the ability to absorb status effects once with far superior bulk, a neutrality to Ghost and Dark-type moves which enables it to switch into devastating attacks like Spooky Plate Judgment, Knock Off and Hyperspace Hole far more easily, as well as a Rocky Helmet. Aside from being able to instantly eliminate any Shedinja that hits it with Endeavor, this item also allows it to get free damage on any Pokémon that hits it with a contact move, and this works especially well when considering the Steel-type Pokémon has Prankster Encore, which allows it to basically damage the opponent's Pokémon by locking them into a contact move that deals little damage to the Alpha Pokémon. Rocky Helmet is especially sweet when considering the fact that this Arceus-Steel is the team's primary switch-in to Aerilate, Pixilate and Refrigerate Pokémon, which attack very often with the contact moves Fake Out and Extreme Speed. Upon switching into a Flying, Fairy or Ice-type-turned Normal-type attack from such a Pokémon, Arceus-Steel has the option of either locking them into that move with Encore, or use Parting Shot. If the opponent's Pokémon stays in on the Parting Shot, Arceus-Water or Arceus-Fairy can be switched in to counter that Pokémon, which is no longer threatening as both of its offensive stats has been lowered by one level. If the opponent switches to a non-Magic Bounce Pokémon on the Parting Shot, then such a situation can be taken advantage of to either activate Arceus-Water's Toxic Orb safely, or gain momentum by switching to either Mega Gengar or Mega Rayquaza. As mentioned several times already, Parting Shot can be used to pseudo-pseudo-Haze out opposing Magic Bounce Pokémon, for purposes such as eliminating the stat boosts of Magic Bounce sweepers, preventing Magic Bounce Pokémon from removing entry hazards, or simply for racking up entry hazard damage in general. This Arceus-Steel also completely counters any Chansey or Blissey that Imposters this team's Mega Rayquaza.

Depending on what move it locks the opponent's Pokémon into, Encore can give the user of The Master of the Universe [Transcendent Being of Power Mix] a free turn to activate Arceus-Water's Toxic Orb or switch to Mega Gengar or Mega Rayquaza to gain free momentum. Additionally, it can lock stat-boosting sweepers into a setup move, or Moody Pokémon into a non-threatening move like Substitute. Recover is self-explanatory, while Topsy-turvy puts an end to the efforts of stat-boosting sweepers.

Arceus-Steel has a Bold Nature to allow it to minimize the damage it takes from many moves it is expected to commonly switch into, such as Fake Out, Extreme Speed, the Precipice Blades of a Protean Mega Mewtwo X, and maybe random Thousand Arrows or Precipice Blades from Aerilate Mega Rayquaza, Pixilate Mega Diancie and Refrigerate Kyurem-B.

[​IMG]

天龍神 (Mega Rayquaza) @ Sky Plate
    Shiny: Yes
    Trait: Aerilate
    Naive Nature (+Spd, -SDef)
    - Boomburst
    - Close Combat
    - Extreme Speed
    - Fake Out

This team's star and titular Transcendent Being of Power is the Pokémon around which the whole team was originally built. The mascot of the legendary Heavenly Dragon Gods clan, which also happens to wear the Chinese/Kanji characters found in that clan's tag as its nickname, is a Pokémon I have always wanted to include in an excellent team of mine, but I have continuously failed to build a great team containing this Pokémon, in its Mega form or not, ever since one ADV Ubers team I made all the way back in 2006. As such, my ability to finally create an excellent team with this Pokémon merely serves as a testament to how significant The Master of the Universe [Transcendent Being of Power Mix] as both a Pokémon team as well as a Rate My Team thread is to my eyes. With its amazingly powerful Same Type Attack Bonus, Sky Plate and Aerilate-boosted Fake Out and Extreme Speed, it serves as an incredible revenge-killer which is situationally superior to even this team's Imposter Chansey, due to its lack of a need to win a Speed-tie in order to not get at least heavily-damaged in the process of revenge-killing most of the time. However, because many sweepers and offensive Pokémon in general, especially Protean Mega Mewtwo often carry King's Shield, this superiority is, as mentioned before, only situational. Due to the fact that the odds of the opponent's Pokémon being poisoned are not low, as a result of the presence of Arceus-Water's Toxic Spikes in this team, Fake Out becomes extra deadly when combined with poison damage. Boomburst is an unbelievably destructive nuke-like attack, as well as by far the most powerful unboosted attack in this team. It is capable of blasting holes through many teams, while Close Combat smashes Mega Tyranitar and all Steel-type Pokémon not named Aegislash.

This ultimate dragon is given a Naive Nature to maximize its Speed, since I find that being able to Speed-tie with opposing Aerilate Mega Rayquaza that run a Speed-enhancing Nature, as well as being guaranteed to hit Mega Diancie with Fake Out and Extreme Speed before it uses the same move to be quite useful. Since the Dragon/Flying-type Pokémon utilizes both of its Sky High (pun intended) offensive stats, I decided to make its Nature lower its Special Defense, since I did not want to compromise this Pokémon's Defense as I see it taking Extreme Speeds quite often.

Logs/replays (note: In some of these replays, Arceus-Water may have Spikes or Gastro Acid instead of Toxic Spikes, and Mega Rayquaza may have Thousand Arrows or Toxic instead of Close Combat, but it doesn't make much of a difference overall):

VS. DonnoTheFirst (an extremely skilled trainer)
    VS. | | (a very skilled trainer who was #1 on the ladder at some point)
    VS. admc (a skilled trainer)
    VS. admc (again)
    VS. admc (again)
    VS. admc (again)
    VS. admc (again)
    VS. admc (again)
    VS. admc (again)
    VS. admc (again)
    VS. admc (again)
    VS. admc (again)
    VS. -Leon- (the first person to ever challenge my ORAS Balanced Hackmons Gym)
    VS. ASH_CHAMPION (the second person to challenge my gym. This battle shows Mega Rayquaza destroying)
    VS. Bose
    VS. connard
    VS. Mercury
    VS. @Kirito
    VS. TRX
    VS. [TESTER]
    VS. Musashibou
    VS. First Strike
    VS. 上帝
    VS. jinliang
    VS. terra01
    VS. draegn (this replay is with the Pokémon Showdown!-legal version of the team, for the 2016 Other Metagames Premier League)

Importable:

Light Doppelgänger (Chansey) (F) @ Eviolite
    Trait: Imposter
    Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
    - Aromatherapy
    - Defog
    - Soft-Boiled
    - Spikes

Shadow Doppelgänger (Mega Gengar) (M) @ Spooky Plate
    Trait: Teravolt
    - Dark Void
    - Judgment
    - Secret Sword
    - Shell Smash

The Son (Arceus-Water) @ Toxic Orb
    Trait: Poison Heal
    Calm Nature (+SDef, -Atk)
    - King's Shield
    - Toxic Spikes
    - Whirlwind
    - Wish

The Holy Spirit (Arceus-Fairy) @ Leftovers
    Trait: Magic Bounce
    - Moonblast
    - Rapid Spin
    - Recover
    - Stealth Rock

The Father (Arceus-Steel) @ Rocky Helmet
    Trait: Prankster
    Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
    - Encore
    - Parting Shot
    - Recover
    - Topsy-Turvy

天龍神 (Mega Rayquaza) @ Sky Plate
    Trait: Aerilate
    Naive Nature (+Spd, -SDef)
    - Boomburst
    - Close Combat
    - Extreme Speed
    - Fake Out

Chansey @ Eviolite
    Ability: Imposter
    EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
    Bold Nature
    - Aromatherapy
    - Defog
    - Soft-Boiled
    - Spikes

Aegislash @ Safety Goggles
    Ability: Prankster
    EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
    Calm Nature
    - Encore
    - Parting Shot
    - Recover
    - Topsy-Turvy

Gengar-Mega (M) @ Spooky Plate
    Ability: Teravolt
    EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
    Timid Nature
    - Dark Void
    - Judgment
    - Secret Sword
    - Shell Smash

Kyogre @ Toxic Orb
    Ability: Poison Heal
    EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
    Calm Nature
    - King's Shield
    - Toxic Spikes
    - Whirlwind
    - Wish

Xerneas @ Rocky Helmet
    Ability: Magic Bounce
    EVs: 252 HP / 92 Def / 164 SpD
    Bold Nature
    - Moonblast
    - Rapid Spin
    - Recover
    - Stealth Rock

Rayquaza-Mega @ Sky Plate
    Ability: Aerilate
    EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
    Naive Nature
    - Boomburst
    - Close Combat
    - Extreme Speed
    - Fake Out

Threat List:

[​IMG]: The way by which The Master of the Universe [Transcendent Being of Power Mix] deals with Imposter Chansey depends on which Pokémon it transforms into.

If it Imposters Mega Gengar, then at best, all it can do is hope to win a Speed-tie and put the Shadow Pokémon to sleep with an 80% accurate move. But even if it does so, it cannot possibly hope to deal any damage whatsoever to the Ghost/Poison-type Pokémon.

If it transforms into Arceus-Water, it is completely walled by Arceus-Fairy, though do note that switching to the Fairy-type Pokémon is not always the optimal move, since Chansey has the opportunity to pass massive Wishes to its teammates. As such, staying in with Arceus-Water to disrupt its Wishes with Whirlwind, or even switching to Mega Gengar or Mega Rayquaza to threaten to KO a potential recipient of the Wish on the switch may be beneficial, especially since the Toxic Spikes that may potentially be set up by Chansey can be removed by switching in Mega Gengar anyway. The Master of the Universe [Transcendent Being of Power Mix]'s own Chansey, whose Imposter Ability does not activate upon switching into another Imposter, can also be sent in to wall an opposing Chansey which has transformed into Arceus-Water, and either remove its Toxic Spikes with Defog or set up Spikes on it.

If Chansey takes the form of Arceus-Fairy, it becomes setup bait for Mega Gengar, and it can also be pseudo-pseudo-Hazed away by Arceus-Steel's Parting Shot of the situation calls for it.

A Chansey assuming the form of Arceus-Steel has no offensive presence whatsoever, and thus provides a free switch-in for any member of The Master of the Universe [Transcendent Being of Power Mix], most notably Arceus-Fairy, which can take advantage of Parting Shot with its Magic Bounce Ability to gain free momentum. Once that free turn is gained through a reflected Parting Shot, either Mega Gengar can come in to fire a free Dark Void at the opposing team or set up, Chansey or Arceus-Water can come in to set up entry hazards, or Mega Rayquaza can come in to threaten the opposing team.

Finally, a Chansey Impostering Mega Rayquaza is countered by Arceus-Steel, with a correctly-predicted Close Combat barely dealing 50% damage to it.

As for Chansey that do not run Imposter, such as Fur Coat and Unaware sets, they are usually hazard bait for Arceus-Water and Arceus-Fairy. Depending on their moves, they are often setup or Dark Void bait for Mega Gengar as well.

[​IMG]: Arceus-Water's King Shield is a great method of scouting the moves and variant of the opponent's Mega Mewtwo Y. As Protean Mega Mewtwo Y rarely run an Electric or Grass-type attack, they are generally walled by Arceus-Water, which can set up Toxic Spikes on it, Whirlwind it out and create the possibility of it becoming poisoned by Toxic Spikes the next time it comes in if it isn't already poisoned, or Toxic-stall it if it is already poisoned. The same thing also applies to No Guard Mega Mewtwo Y despite Zap Cannon, unless the Genetic Pokémon in question holds a Life Orb, in which case the Water-type Pokémon can simply Life Orb-stall out. After Mega Mewtwo Y has been hit by Arceus-Steel's Parting Shot, it becomes much easier for Arceus-Water to wall, and in the case of the Protean set, even Arceus-Fairy can wall it more often than not. Mega Mewtwo Y that run stat-boosting moves can be locked into such moves by Arceus-Steel's Encore or have its stat boosts reversed by Topsy-turvy, unless it has the Magic Bounce Ability, in which case it can be easily pseudo-pseudo-Hazed away by Parting Shot. Moody Mega Mewtwo Y can be Encore-locked into a move like Substitute, while Mega Rayquaza's Boomburst can hit the Psychic-type Pokémon behind its Substitute.

The most threatening variation of this Pokémon to The Master of the Universe [Transcendent Being of Power Mix], however, is the Contrary set. Arceus-Water can take an unboosted Leaf Storm or Psycho Boost before pseudo-Hazing the Genetic Pokémon out with Whirlwind in order to eliminate its stat boosts. In doing so, it can also poison/Toxic-stall it with King's Shield if it is already under such status conditions. Thankfully however, pretty much all variants of Mega Mewtwo Y can be revenge-killed by Imposter Chansey, though do watch out for Spooky Plate-holding Protean variants with Judgment. Mega Rayquaza, with its powerful Fake Out and Extreme Speed, also revenge-kill pretty much all Mega Mewtwo Y except for Protean ones, since almost all of those that have Protean run King's Shield.

[​IMG]: Arceus-Steel easily switches into Aerilate Mega Rayquaza's Fake Out, Extreme Speed and Boomburst, while being able to quite comfortably take even certain super effective coverage moves such as Thousand Arrows, Precipice Blades, Close Combat and Low Kick. If Arceus-Steel switches into an Aerilate-enhanced attack, it can lock the Sky High Pokémon into such a move and force it to switch, while either way it can Parting Shot to either Arceus-Water or Arceus-Fairy afterward in order to wall this Pokémon comfortably. Gale Wings Mega Rayquaza with Oblivion Wing are countered similarly by Arceus-Steel, though do watch out for Dark Void, and The Master of the Universe [Transcendent Being of Power Mix]'s own Mega Rayquaza can also revenge-kill such a variant of the Dragon/Flying-type Pokémon provided it is not behind a Substitute.

Just like in Mega Mewtwo Y's case, Contrary is Mega Rayquaza's most threatening set to this team, especially since it is also immune to Toxic Spikes, unlike the Genetic Pokémon. If a Contrary Mega Rayquaza attacks Arceus-Water with a contact move on the turn it uses King's Shield in anticipation of an Aerilate set, the situation also becomes highly detrimental, as this would lead to the Sky High Pokémon's Attack stat being doubled. However, the Dragon/Flying-type Pokémon's weakness to Stealth Rock, combined with the fact that it almost never runs Leaf Storm, as well as the fact that it can be outrun and Moonblasted by Arceus-Fairy for super effective damage prior to acquiring a V-create boost can also make it easier to handle. Finally, unless it has already gotten several Defense boosts with moves such as Superpower, Dragon Ascent and V-create, Contrary Mega Rayquaza, at least once weakened, can be revenge-killed by this team's own Mega Rayquaza.

[​IMG]: Almost all of this Pokémon's commonly-used sets are countered by Arceus-Fairy. Those without Poison Heal can also be put to sleep by Mega Gengar's Magic Bounce-penetrating Dark Void, and the Ghost/Poison-type Pokémon and Mega Rayquaza can both hit the Renegade Pokémon hard with Judgment and Boomburst respectively. With that said though, do watch out for Metal Burst.

[​IMG]: Poison Heal Quiver Dance Kyogre are completely countered by Arceus-Water, which is immune to Steam Eruption burns and sleep-inducing moves after its Toxic Orb has been activated, while it resists the Sea Basin Pokémon's Water-type attacks and can negate its Quiver Dance boosts with a simple Whirlwind. If a Poison Heal Kyogre happens to be the opponent's last Pokémon, Arceus-Steel can reverse all of its Quiver Dance boosts after it has reached +6 Special Attack, Special Defense and Speed, at which point it can be easily destroyed by Mega Gengar's Judgment or Mega Rayquaza's Boomburst.

Blue Orb-holding Download Kyogre, which acquires a Special Attack boost the first time it switches in if it comes into this team's Arceus-Fairy, Arceus-Steel, Mega Rayquaza or sometimes Chansey depending on which Pokémon it has Impostered, can be an extremely threatening wall-breaker against this team, due to the aforementioned Special Attack boost combined with its amazing offensive coverage as well as Primordial Sea boosting the power of its Water-type moves to insane levels. A +1 Grass Knot deals massive damage to Arceus-Water and even a Primal Kyogre-transformed Chansey, while moves like Ice Beam and Moonblast destroy Mega Rayquaza, and its unbelievably destructive Water-type attack smashes everything else in the team. However, it can still be played around between Chansey, Arceus-Water, Mega Rayquaza, as well as Arceus-Steel's Encore, Parting Shot and Topsy-turvy. After the first time it has switched in however, Primal Kyogre will not receive a Download boost again, allowing it to be played around and walled by Arceus-Water far more easily.

[​IMG]: Very similar to Mega Mewtwo Y, except it is generally harder to deal with since its Protean set very commonly runs Bolt Strike, preventing it from being reliably walled by Arceus-Water. However, if the Water-type Pokémon blocks the Genetic Pokémon's Electric-type attack, or any other of its contact moves with King's Shield, then it can counter that Pokémon until it switches out, since its Attack will be halved. Protean Mega Mewtwo X also often uses moves like Precipice Blades, Sacred Fire and worst of all, V-create, making a switch to Arceus-Steel in anticipation of Bolt Strike quite risky. However, it can still be played around, and it is revenge-killed by Chansey like all other variants of this Pokémon. Non-Protean Mega Mewtwo X are also often countered by Arceus-Fairy.

[​IMG]: Pretty much the exact same thing as Chansey, except its Imposter set cannot switch into Mega Rayquaza as easily due to its lesser bulk, owing to its lack of an Eviolite. Watch out for Imposter Blissey with Spooky Plate though, as it can overcome Mega Gengar if it wins a Speed-tie.

[​IMG]: Almost all Mega Diancie use the Pixilate set, and as far as its matchup with The Master of the Universe [Transcendent Being of Power Mix] is concerned, it is pretty much the exact same thing as Aerilate Mega Rayquaza, except it is generally easier to deal with due to its lower offensive stats as well as the fact that Mega Gengar resists its Fake Out and Extreme Speed, making it harder for Pixilate Mega Diancie, as compared to Mega Rayquaza, to revenge-kill this team's Mega Gengar. Magic Guard Mega Diancie with Light of Ruin and coverage moves can be dangerous, yet still played around and mostly walled by a combination of Arceus-Steel's Parting Shot and Arceus-Water's sheer bulk and recovery from Poison Heal and Wish.

[​IMG]: Cannot do anything to Arceus-Fairy except force it out with Parting Shot if it has Prankster, although this makes sending the Fairy-type Pokémon into it a bad idea if there is even a single layer of entry hazard on The Master of the Universe [Transcendent Being of Power Mix]'s side of the field. Watch out for Magic Bounce Aegislash though, as this Pokémon can block all of The Master of the Universe [Transcendent Being of Power Mix]'s entry hazards and Arceus-Fairy's Rapid Spin, giving it a great advantage against this team. Mega Gengar can hit the Royal Sword Pokémon hard with a super effective Judgment while at the same time threatening switch-ins with its Teravolt Dark Void, though do watch out for Prankster Destiny Bond.

[​IMG]: Pixilate Arceus-Fairy are easily countered by Arceus-Steel, while the other variants of this Pokémon lose to Arceus-Water, Arceus-Fairy, or both. Arceus-Fairy in general also tends to be Dark Void/setup bait for Mega Gengar, though do watch out for Knock Off, which would deprive the Shadow Pokémon of its Spooky Plate.

[​IMG]: Generally countered by Arceus-Water, and once it has taken some damage, it can be outrun and destroyed by Mega Gengar, ironically using what is normally Arceus-Ghost's very own signature move even down to the attack's type. Arceus-Ghost that run the same set as The Master of the Universe [Transcendent Being of Power Mix]'s Mega Gengar can also be revenge-killed by Mega Rayquaza's Fake Out and Extreme Speed after the Alpha Pokémon has lowered its Defense with Shell Smash.

[​IMG]: Mostly countered by Arceus-Water, while Prankster variants are handled in mostly the same way that this team handles Prankster Aegislash. Be careful of Magnet Pull variants that aim to trap and eliminate Imposters by taking advantage of the fact that they only have 5 PP for each move though.

[​IMG]: Handled in the same way as Arceus-Ghost, except it is far more annoying to this team not only because of its significantly higher Special Attack stat, but also because of its ability to absorb Arceus-Water's Toxic Spikes. Since Arceus-Steel, which knows Parting Shot, and Arceus-Water, which knows Whirlwind in addition to being immune to sleep-inducing moves are pretty much always the initial switch-ins to Mega Gengar, its trapping sets that utilize strategies like Normalize + Entrainment/Skill Swap and Mean Look/Thousand Arrows, or Gengarite + sleep-inducing move and Perish Song are also no threat to this team. Mega Rayquaza also destroys any Mega Gengar with a combination of Fake Out and Extreme Speed.

[​IMG]: Mostly countered by Arceus-Water and/or Arceus-Steel.

[​IMG]: Its Poison Heal set is incredibly annoying thanks to its ability to serve as a hard-counter to this team's Mega Gengar, but it is otherwise not a big threat to this team.

[​IMG]: Can be played around in mostly the same way as Mega Mewtwo X and Mega Mewtwo Y, though it is generally easier to deal with due to its ability to be outrun and hit super effectively by Mega Gengar's Judgment and Arceus-Fairy's Moonblast, provided it has not changed its type with Protean of course.

[​IMG]: Pretty much the same thing as Mega Latias.

[​IMG]: Mostly countered by The Master of the Universe [Transcendent Being of Power Mix]'s three Arceus. Watch out for Knock Offs, especially those aimed at or may hit Mega Gengar.

[​IMG]: Heavily threatened by Mega Gengar's Judgment, though it obviously cannot switch in. In general, Mega Slowbro is completely countered by Arceus-Water once its Toxic Orb has activated, making it immune to even burns from Scald and Steam Eruption.

[​IMG]: Instantly faints if it hits Arceus-Steel with a contact move such as Endeavor provided the Steel-type Pokémon's Rocky Helmet is still intact, if it switches into Stealth Rock or Spikes, or if it switches into Toxic Spikes while it is deprived of its Lum Berry. Shedinja often use Recycle though, so depriving it of its Lum Berry in order to KO it with poison may not be easy. Stealth Rock, Spikes and/or Toxic Spikes combined with disruption caused by Arceus-Water's Whirlwind can also lead to the Shed Pokémon's demise depending on whether or not it gets dragged out by that move before the opponent gets the chance to remove entry hazards. Mega Gengar is also immune to the Bug/Ghost-type Pokémon's deadliest move, Endeavor, something which can prove to be useful despite the fact that switching Arceus-Steel into it would cause it to faint instantly. This is not only because of the fact that Arceus-Steel's Rocky Helmet may have been removed by a move such as Knock Off earlier, but also because leaving the Steel-type Pokémon at 1 HP may not always be the best idea, even in exchange for the opponent's Shedinja, if the opponent still has a powerful Aerilate/Pixilate/Refrigerate Pokémon in their team, which would need Arceus-Steel's help to deal with. Finally, if or when the time comes for Mega Gengar to use Shell Smash and initiate a sweep, Shedinja will not be able to stand in its way anyway thanks to the Ghost/Poison-type Pokémon's Teravolt Ability.

[​IMG]: Mostly dealt with in the same way as Arceus-Steel.

[​IMG]: Countered by at least one, if not more of the team's three Arceus.

[​IMG]: Be careful not to allow Arceus-Steel or Chansey to get trapped by Soundproof Groudon with Thousand Waves and Leech Seed, and know that if a Groudon is switched into Mega Rayquaza, it is almost guaranteed to have Soundproof. In general, Arceus-Water is the safest switch-in to this Pokémon.

Red Orb-holding Download Groudon gain an Attack boost if it switches into Mega Gengar, Arceus-Water, and sometimes Chansey depending on which Pokémon it has Impostered, or even if it has not transformed at all. It has the potential to be incredibly destructive with its +1 Attack-fueled physical attacks, especially its Desolate Land-powered Fire-type moves such as Sacred Fire and V-create. However, it can be Dark Voided by Mega Gengar, destroyed by Mega Rayquaza's Boomburst, have its offensive stats lowered by Arceus-Steel's Parting Shot, revenge-killed by Chansey, and things like that. After the first time it comes in, it will no longer receive a Download boost on subsequent switch-ins, making it much easier to handle, and even countered with Arceus-Water. Since many Primal Groudon run Morning Sun, Moonlight or Synthesis, even Chansey can often switch in to counter it comfortably, despite the possibility of being hit by a Same Type Attack Bonus super effective Ground-type attack on the switch.

[​IMG]: Countered by at least one, if not more of the team's three Arceus, and is generally revenge-killed by Mega Rayquaza as well. Watch out for Sucker Punch when trying to Secret Sword it with Mega Gengar though.

[​IMG]: Arceus-Steel easily switches into its Refrigerate Fake Out, Extreme Speed, and other Ice-type-turned Normal-type attacks. After that, it can either be locked into one of those attacks by Encore, or Arceus-Steel can use Parting Shot to Arceus-Fairy, which counters it at that point. If Kyurem-B lacks Bolt Strike, Arceus-Water hard-counters it too.

[​IMG]: Countered by Arceus-Water, and even Arceus-Steel if it lacks the appropriate coverage move or a sleep-inducing move. If Regigigas is the opponent's last Pokémon, Arceus-Steel can lock it into Shift Gear with Encore, before it is destroyed by a combination of Boomburst and Extreme Speed from Mega Rayquaza. Extremely aggressive sets that employ strategies like Belly Drum + Extreme Speed can be destroyed by Chansey.

[​IMG]: Pretty much all of its sets are countered by Arceus-Fairy.

[​IMG]: An Unaware wall that fails to stop this team's main sweeper, thanks to its Teravolt Ability combined with its insanely strong Same Type Attack Bonus Spooky Plate Judgment.

[​IMG]: Its Refrigerate set is dealt with in the same way as Kyurem-B, except one should be less reliant on Arceus-Steel and more reliant on Arceus-Water to counter it, since it is more likely to run a move that hits the former super effectively, such as Magma Storm, Earth Power or Secret Sword, while it is less likely to run Bolt Strike, and even if it did, it would not hit Arceus-Water for that much damage anyway. Contrary or No Guard Kyurem-W are dealt with in the same way as Mega Mewtwo Y that run these Abilities.

[​IMG]: Countered by Arceus-Fairy, Arceus-Water and sometimes Arceus-Steel, and it easily threatened by Mega Gengar's Secret Sword and especially Mega Rayquaza's Close Combat.

Last edited: Aug 2, 2016
    Zoroark, MetalGross, Funbot28 and 7 others like this.
  2. fsk

fsk Kept Hacking Forum Moderator Server Moderator Tour Director Forum Moderator Server Moderator Tour Director

PO Trainer Name:
    fsk
    OK cool, so both ur IBH and BH team are RMTed today. Nice work as always!
    Still claiming credit for the hard work of ur team building that my students and I force u to xddd.

IMO, the threat list didn't give much attention to Dialga,which is as expected. The Bugged Doom Desire on PO server that I reported(http://pokemon-online.eu/threads/33813/) force our Tinted Lens sets unusable, and the codes for fixing this bug is kinda too hard for now. As I said, the STAB Tinted lens Doom Desire after a single Tail Glow could be devastating even to the resisting Arceus-Steel and Water, and certainly cannot take Tinted Lens Draco Meteor in that same turn. My team pair it with Substitute Magnet Pull Fairy Arceus which also trap kills the Chansey if it dare to switch in and stay.

+3 252+ SpA Dialga Draco Meteor vs. 252 HP / 252 SpD Arceus-Water: 450-531 (101.3 - 119.5%) -- guaranteed OHKO

+3 252+ SpA Tinted Lens Dialga Draco Meteor vs. 252 HP / 252 SpD Arceus-Steel: 450-530 (101.3 - 119.3%) -- guaranteed OHKO

Also, since the Kyogre Poison Heal is everywhere, grass knot on Protean spa attacker is leggit, which may give trouble for Arceus to tank as well,
    if it carries move hits Steel Arceus like Magma Storm as well. Good teammate such as Flash Fire Aegi would be a good to chansey proof, as my set is ghost judment Magma Storm Grass Knot and King's Shield.

And A special Note on Mold breaker Tail glow Mega Gengar with King's Shield.
    +3 252 SpA Spooky Plate Mega Gengar Judgment vs. 252 HP / 252 SpD Arceus-Water: 417-492 (93.9 - 110.8%) -- 62.5% chance to OHKO
    Without the Shell Smash, it forces a one-on-on speed tier against ur own Mega Gengar, since it OHKO arceus forms without resistance to ghost. The King's Shield prevent revenge killed by MRay even u predict that King's Shield.
    252 Atk Sky Plate Aerilate Mega Rayquaza Extreme Speed vs. 252 HP / 252 Def Mega Gengar: 238-282 (73.4 - 87%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
    Although this can be played around by Arceus-Steel parting shot/encore if predicted correctly.

Last edited: Jul 24, 2016
  3. fitzy

fitzy Heart of the cards Forum Moderator Forum Moderator

TLDR?

4. pokemonnerd

pokemonnerd Only uso listens to pnerd. Devo too. Article Contributor Article Contributor

You really want to one up pedro in thread length huh?

Moderators: Edna, fsk