1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Cloudflare Security Issue - Change Your Passwords!

Hello there, Guest!

Cloudflare, the internet proxy we use to protect ourselves against DDoS and other malicious attacks, reported on 23rd February 2017 that they had patched a bug reported by Google's Project Zero that was exposing sensitive information in random requests, approximately 0.00003% of all requests, since September 2016.

Whilst it is unlikely that any information has been leaked from this website, we recommend that all users change their passwords here on the Pokémon Online forums, as a precaution. Remember to use a unique and secure password for every site that requires one.

We apologise for any inconvenience caused.

Dismiss Notice

[ORAS OU] Stardust

Discussion in 'Rate My Team' started by Hazzy!, Jul 26, 2016.

Moderators: Edna, fsk
  1. Hazzy!

Hazzy! New Member

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    Stardust
    [​IMG]
    GET PRANKED BRO

Hey friends :) Theta/The Jolt here. This is my... 3rd RMT I believe? I can't remember, as I came back to competitive battling after a year and a few months I believe. Anyways, this is a team which I got pretty high up on the ladder with, on Pokemon Showdown (1700) as well as Pokemon Online (1360 until gayass hax and no skilled stall teams tilt). To celebrate my return to competitive battling, I made a pretty offensive team around Mega Gardevoir, a very dangerous offensive threat which can sweep if you're not prepared for it. In BW2, Gardevoir was so useless; I believe that it was even below NU? With the mega, it skyrocketed in XY all the way to the OU tier.
    Remember the very threatening Mega Pinsir from X/Y OU? The idea of Mega Pinsir was to literally spam Return/Frustration after Skarmory died. With that, it pretty much 2HKO'd and OHKO'd every single Pokemon in the metagame. I'm not exaggerating. After a Swords Dance, it was a pretty much guaranteed sweep. In OR/AS, Mega Gardevoir, in my opinion, serves the very same role. A Hyper Voice literally kills anything in the metagame bar Chansey, Ferrothorn and other bulky steels. However, M-Gardevoir is prepared for steel types with a possible Focus Blast, or the surprise HP Fire. Only problem standing in its way? Chansey and Jirachi. The fat blob was the only thing standing in its way. However, like all Pokemon, M-Gardevoir needed support. Unless you're talking Mega Salamence here lol.

With a little support, M-Gardevoir can go from 0-100 real quick. That's why I went with a sand offense style team around the Psychic type, hence the name "Stardust". Here are some calculations done against OU's premier walls.

Standard Clefable:
    252 SpA Pixilate Mega Gardevoir Hyper Voice vs. 252 HP / 84+ SpD Clefable: 208-246 (52.7 - 62.4%) -- 99.6% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

Standard Ferrothorn:
    252 SpA Mega Gardevoir Hidden Power Fire vs. 252 HP / 168 SpD Ferrothorn: 240-284 (68.1 - 80.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

Standard TankChomp
    252 SpA Pixilate Mega Gardevoir Hyper Voice vs. 240 HP / 0 SpD Garchomp: 524-618 (125.6 - 148.2%) -- guaranteed OHKO

Standard Gliscor
    252 SpA Pixilate Mega Gardevoir Hyper Voice vs. 244 HP / 200+ SpD Gliscor: 208-246 (59 - 69.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Poison Heal

Standard Hippowdon
    252 SpA Pixilate Mega Gardevoir Hyper Voice vs. 252 HP / 112 SpD Hippowdon: 259-306 (61.6 - 72.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

The Team

Team Building Process
    [​IMG]
    Obviously I wanted to make a team around Mega Gardevoir. Due to its Pixilate + STAB Hyper Voice, as well as very good coverage moves and movepool, this little Fairy is such a threat. It serves as my mega slot as well as it is my main wallbreaker. The only things that stands in its way are Chansey and Jirachi who can afford to switch onto this thing.

[​IMG][​IMG]
    Sash Breloom is an incredible partner alongside Mega Gardevoir. For starters, it can take on Chansey, Ferrothorn and other Steels bar Scizor very easily. Jirachi, who can afford to take hits from Breloom, won't dare to come onto its Spore. It's also such an incredible lead due to the fact that you need a grass type to wall it. And these grass types get destroyed by Mega Gardevoir. If the user doesn't have a grass type, it's pretty much guaranteed that one Pokemon of his will fall asleep. That Pokemon is now useless and Breloom can annoy the opponent.

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    Next up, I needed something to do massive damage to anything as well as take care of bulky Water types, Rotom-W as well as a surprise set-up sweeper. I chose Prankster Thundurus, due to the fact that it is lightning fast, can use priority Nasty Plot, and can take care of Mons such as Scizor as set-up bait. It can also benefit from Breloom's Spore, as it can set-up on a sleeping Pokemon.

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    Now, I needed a Stealth Rock setter, a Pokemon that can provide momentum and also a good Physical wall which can aide me against set-up sweepers like Zard X. I chose Rocky Helmet Landorus-Therian. Not only is it bulky, but it can seriously damage VoltTurn teams with Scizor/anything with U-Turn due to the fact that it has Rocky Helmet, set up rocks as well as U-Turn out of situations and then I can proceed to go into Mega Gardevoir. Oh yeah, it also checks all of Gard's counters.

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    Scarf TTar was chosen so that I can have sand up due to the fact that it IS sand offense, as well as trap many things/outspeed and kill. Heatran? Easy. Starmie? Easy. Lati? Easy.

Sand Rush Exca pairs well with TTar as well as it is my spinner/sweeper. Just get rid of any physical walls with M-Gard and Excadrill does the rest :]]

Under the Microscope
    [​IMG]Under the Wide Lens[​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    Gardevoir-Mega @ [​IMG]
    Ability: Trace
    EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
    Timid Nature
    IVs: 0 Atk / 30 SpA / 30 Spe
    - Hyper Voice
    - Psyshock
    - Hidden Power [Fire]
    - Focus Blast
    The one and only Mega Gardevoir. Called "waifu" by all the weeaboos out there. :] Anyways, ever since this thing got a mega, it literally skyrocketed from the depths of NU and became a top OU threat. Sometimes, however, I think that Mega Gardevoir doesn't get the appreciation it deserves. You know how Mega Pinsir, in X/Y OU, was slapped onto every single team along with Magnezone, Latios, etc.? Mega Gardevoir never got that. It should be used much more. The only reason why it was placed in "OU" is simply due to the fact that it is too broken for UU. :[
    Anyways, this monster is my premier wallbreaker. It literally DESTROYS almost every single wall out there, and can destroy offensive teams due to the fact that they don't have any bulk. Balanced teams are also sometimes too slow, which is how Mega Gardevoir can pick them off easily.
    The IVs are set as 0 Atk. so that the damage done with Foul Play on Mega Garde is minimized and it can retaliate with a Hyper Voice. The rest of the 30/30 IVs are due to the fact that I chose HP Fire as my Hidden Power type.
    Timid Nature was chosen as the preferred nature so that Garde can outspeed as much as possible. It maximizes the speed but it is -1 compared to other base 100 speed Pokemon due to the fact that the IVs made it HP Fire.
    I don't like the standard "232 Sp Atk" set. Why? Well, since this thing is a wallbreaker, I believe that it should have as much fire power as possible. That's the reason why I chose the EVs to be 4 HP / 252 SpAtk / 252 Speed.
    Hyper Voice is obviously the preferred STAB. Due to the fact that it has Pixilate, as well as the STAB, it can pretty much obliterate anything besides Chansey, Jirachi, bulky Poisons and bulky Steels. Bulky poisons are taken care of due to the fact that it has Psyshock, which can destroy any ordinary Poison type such as Mega Venusaur, Amoonguss, Weezing, etc. Steel types are also taken care of with HP Fire, however note that it sometimes doesn't OHKO. And, just in case, I use Focus Miss and cross my fingers when I'm against Heatran or bulky TTar.

[​IMG] [​IMG][​IMG]
    Breloom @ [​IMG]
    Ability: Technician
    EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
    Jolly Nature
    - Spore
    - Bullet Seed
    - Mach Punch
    - Rock Tomb
    Sash Loom, in my opinion, is insanely underrated. If you don't have a grass type to switch onto this thing, you're pretty much fucked. It can straight away Spore and 1/6 of your Pokemon will be considered useless since this team is very offensive.
    I chose Technician over Poison Heal due to the fact that I'm using Sash, so what's the point of Poison Heal when I can hit with boosted Bullet Seed and Mach Punch? The EVs are pretty standard: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe since then I can outspeed bulky shit and hit them up with a Spore and then Rock Tomb as a prediction.
    Anyways, Spore is very very very standard. It puts something to sleep. 100% accuracy is a bit too OP imo. With Spore, it renders the Pokemon as very useless for the rest of the match. Bullet Seed is to hit bulky waters such as Rotom-W, Quagsire, Seismitoad and break the Sturdy of Donphan and other Rock setters. Mach Punch is great priority and can scare Ferrothorn, Chansey and other M-Gardevoir checks away. Finally, Rock Tomb gets a boost off Technician, as well as scares Talonflame, and other speedy stuff away.​

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    Thundurus @ [​IMG]
    Ability: Prankster
    Timid Nature
    IVs: 0 Atk / 30 Def
    - Thunder Wave
    - Thunderbolt
    - Hidden Power [Ice]
    - Nasty Plot
    Thundurus was chosen to do massive damage to anything as well as take care of bulky Water types, Rotom-W as well as a surprise set-up sweeper. I chose Prankster Thundurus, due to the fact that it is lightning fast, can use priority Nasty Plot, and can take care of Mons such as Scizor as set-up bait. It can also benefit from Breloom's Spore, as it can set-up on a sleeping Pokemon.
    The IVs are 0 Atk so that the damage on Foul Play can be minimized as well as the 30 Def due to HP Ice.
    Priority T-Wave is useful as a last-ditch effort to stop any Dragon Dancers from sweeping my entire team. Nasty Plot is absolutely amazing and very surprising; most people run a set consisting of T-Wave / Thunderbolt / HP Ice / Focus Blast. With NP, people will be switching in with Hippo, expecting to eat up a HP Ice. And look at that, it got to +2. At that point, it's very hard to take a hit from Thundurus.
    HP Ice and T-Bolt are great coverage moves. HP Ice is for very bulky grounds like Lando-T, Gliscor and Hippo, whereas TBolt can take care of bulky waters such as Alomomola, Rotom-W, as well as Azumarill.​

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    Landorus-Therian @ [​IMG]
    Ability: Intimidate
    EVs: 252 HP / 172 Def / 84 Spe
    Jolly Nature
    - Stealth Rock
    - Earthquake
    - Stone Edge
    - U-turn

Ahh, Rocky Helmet Lando-T. This thing is probably the best Mon in OU right now, aside from TankChomp and Specs Volcanion. It's a great ground resist, which is incredibly useful against foes such as Sand Rush Excadrill and TTar as Thundurus is sometimes scared of a possible Rock Slide.
    This is probably the best thing to use against VoltTurn teams. Most VoltTurn teams use the famous Rotom-W and Banded/Mega Scizor core to safely switch into a counter. Oh, a Scizor U-Turn on my Gardevoir? No problem. In comes Lando-T with the Rocky Helmet.
    The EVs are set so that it retains enough bulk to take hits from SD Talonflame, DD Zard X, DD Dragonite and SD Mega Scizor, while also outspeeding other Lando-T.
    Stealth Rock is the obvious choice. Landorus is my rock setter, so I keep it alive until I get rocks up. Rocks are really good in this metagame (obviously) due to the fact that, in offensive teams such as this, it can provide a lot of pressure for the opponents. EQ has STAB, U-Turn gives me momentum and Stone Edge completes the EdgeQuake coverage as well as I can hit Talonflame really hard.

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    Tyranitar @ [​IMG]
    Ability: Sand Stream
    Jolly Nature
    - Pursuit
    - Crunch
    - Stone Edge
    - Superpower

Scarf TTar is something really underrated and never used, which is an advantage which I took. Most people use Smooth Rock TTar + Sand Rush Excadrill, or Berry TTar + Sand Rush Excadrill. They never expect to see Scarf TTar coming. So, this is basically the surprise factor of my team.
    TTar's Sand Stream is also amazing. Why? Well, it sets up sand for my Excadrill, and that is one of my main physical sweepers. The EVs are very standard on a scarf variant, being max Atk. and max Speed. Jolly nature is chosen to outspeed certain stuff like FBlast Thundurus, Starmie, Keldeo (low health lol) and the Lati twins.
    I chose Pursuit to piss off physics like Starmie and Latis. Crunch is a very strong STAB which can do a lot to anything other than physical walls. Stone Edge can destroy Torn-T, Zards and anything which is weak, ofc. And Superpower allows me to hit bulky steels like Air Balloon Heatran as well as other TTars. Oh yeah, also, it's a guaranteed OHKO on Excadrill who may be wanting to switch-in.

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    Excadrill @ [​IMG]
    Ability: Sand Rush
    Adamant Nature
    - Rapid Spin
    - Earthquake
    - Iron Head
    - Rock Slide

To finish off this team, we have good ol' Excadrill here. This thing was Ubers in BW2 for a reason; due to the fact that Sand Rush Excadrill was absolutely broken in OU. It still is really good, especially in this metagame with Starmies, Latis, and the new threat, Volcanion, running around. Not only is this my physical sweeper, but this is also my spinner for my special sweeper, Thundurus. This also benefits from Thundurus hitting bulky waters really hard, as in return, it hits any special wall such as Chansey very very hard. But fuck Amoonguss. That mushroom gives me depression unless M-Gardevoir is alive.
    Anyways, the EVs are the standard 252 Atk / 252 Speed so that I can hit as hard as I can and outspeed almost everything under sand. Life Orb also increases the damage. An Adamant nature was chosen over Jolly because 550 speed w/ Adamant pretty much outspeeds almost everything in the OU metagame, so why miss out on the extra attack?
    Rapid Spin is very standard, as it gets rid of any entry hazards trying to pressure my team. Earthquake hits everything very hard aside from Lando-T, Skarm and of course levitating 'Mons. Rock Slide gives it good coverage to hit Torn-T as well as outspeed it. And finally, Iron Head is incredible STAB as it OHKO's huge threats like Gengar, and 2HKO's the Lati Twins as well as giving it a 30% chance (I believe?) to flinch.

Conclusion

So, to end this RMT off, it's been incredibly fun using this team. I love playing with offensive. Yes I have tried stall, but it's so boring with it lol. I'll be updating this thread if I go up the ladder. But so far, my peak is 1700s on Showdown. I'm sure it can progress even further. I do love criticism on improving my team, as no team is perfect. Thanks for reading this!
    Importable:
    Breloom @ Focus Sash
    Ability: Technician
    Jolly Nature
    - Spore
    - Bullet Seed
    - Mach Punch
    - Rock Tomb
    Thundurus @ Life Orb
    Ability: Prankster
    Timid Nature
    IVs: 0 Atk / 30 Def
    - Thunder Wave
    - Thunderbolt
    - Hidden Power [Ice]
    - Nasty Plot
    Landorus-Therian @ Rocky Helmet
    Ability: Intimidate
    EVs: 252 HP / 172 Def / 84 Spe
    Jolly Nature
    - Stealth Rock
    - Earthquake
    - Stone Edge
    - U-turn
    Gardevoir-Mega @ Gardevoirite
    Ability: Trace
    Timid Nature
    IVs: 0 Atk / 30 SpA / 30 Spe
    - Hyper Voice
    - Psyshock
    - Hidden Power [Fire]
    - Focus Blast
    Tyranitar @ Choice Scarf
    Ability: Sand Stream
    Jolly Nature
    - Pursuit
    - Crunch
    - Stone Edge
    - Superpower
    Excadrill @ Life Orb
    Ability: Sand Rush
    Adamant Nature
    - Rapid Spin
    - Earthquake
    - Iron Head
    - Rock Slide

Replays

More replays coming soon!

Shoutouts

@JoyFrost I've known this skid person before she was moderator so I feel special :]] She helped me settle back into the Pokemon Community after a year of no battling. Thanks Joyy <33

More shoutouts coming soon!

2. Edna

Edna I'm like Cinderella with an umbrella Forum Moderator Forum Moderator

PO Trainer Name:
    Edna
    Hi, very interesting team. Garde+ Sand is sure a big threat to the metagame and it used to have issues with Rotom-W which you covered pretty well.

I'm not sure why you have HP fire, bar not risking the miss vs Ferrothorn, but they have the same power so you might change it for taunt/twave to cripple chansey/jirachi. Or you can also play calm mind and smash stall. Heal bell is also a nice and a surprising move that can help you. Lastly, Destiny bond is good to force your opponent to either set up more and thus giving you free turn to attack

Another suggestion I have would be trying Knock off on Thundurus over Nasty plot. I know that you stated that +2 would smash Hippowdon, but the second suggestion I would give with that one is to replace Rock Tomb on Breloom by Swords Dance, as it will threaten a lot more your opponent team. Knock off thundurus means you remove chansey efficiency and you can beat after rocks and tbolt Latias.

I think I covered it all, hope I helped you

3. Joyverse

Joyverse Road Roller time! Article Contributor Article Contributor

PO Trainer Name:
    Joyverse
    Great team, I'm stealing this for sure!
    I can't see the items after the @ >_> u missed them I guess? <-- Can't see images on phone ;-;
    Aside frm that, I have some nitpicks. HP Fire for ferro/zor seems ok but I'd rather wisp/taunt to burn rachi/zor/ferro on the switch and taunt stuff like mew/chansey on the switch. That helps. Also..
    232 SpAtk Gardevoirite Pixilate Mega Gardevoir Hyper Voice vs. 252 HP/252+ SpDef Leftovers Clefable: 175 - 207 (44.4 - 52.5%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Leftovers

252 SpAtk Gardevoirite Pixilate Mega Gardevoir Hyper Voice vs. 252 HP/252+ SpDef Leftovers Clefable: 177 - 208 (44.9 - 52.8%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Leftovers

The thing with all this investment thing is that there is no glaring difference between those two so taking in the minimum required to wreck and putting some into bulk is suggested but 252 spA/252 spd is ok if you are ok with it, no problem!

And agreeing with Carl on having SD > Rock Tomb on Breloom too.. Might wanna slap on a LO just to maximize damage but sash is ok too!
    However there is always the weakness part, teams like these generally tend to have a hard time around other offensively oriented teams like MegaMeta (It's always a pain) especially so when there is Weavile and Keldeo to back it up, this is the point where keeping Thundy absolutely healthy is the thing, so thing is how do you take care of Keld+Weavile? '-'

Last edited: Jul 27, 2016
  4. JoyFrost

JoyFrost I wasn't built to break~ Forum Moderator Server Administrator Article Contributor Forum Moderator Server Administrator Article Contributor

PO Trainer Name:
    JoyFrost
    Omg jolty, thank you very much for this RMT. As I said before, you have pretty interesting team. I really appreciate yourcontribution :). Hope everyone will share theirs too.
    Also stop being ded >:l

Moderators: Edna, fsk