1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Cloudflare Security Issue - Change Your Passwords!

Hello there, Guest!

Cloudflare, the internet proxy we use to protect ourselves against DDoS and other malicious attacks, reported on 23rd February 2017 that they had patched a bug reported by Google's Project Zero that was exposing sensitive information in random requests, approximately 0.00003% of all requests, since September 2016.

Whilst it is unlikely that any information has been leaked from this website, we recommend that all users change their passwords here on the Pokémon Online forums, as a precaution. Remember to use a unique and secure password for every site that requires one.

We apologise for any inconvenience caused.

Dismiss Notice

[Gen 6 Other] The Oceanic Empire (Inverted Balanced Hackmons)

Discussion in 'Rate My Team' started by Lord Itachi, Jul 27, 2016.

Moderators: Edna, fsk
  1. Lord Itachi

Lord Itachi Amaterasu

THE OCEANIC EMPIRE

[​IMG]

A flash of lightning across the heavens heralds the descent of a torrential downpour so heavy that even the mightiest of Blue Flares and V-creates disspitate upon its very presence. And that signature rainstorm, in turn, foreshadows the arrival of the Emperor and God of the Seas itself.

It is said that all life comes from the sea. Thus, as the sovereign of the waves, the Primal form of the Sea Basin Pokémon can be regarded as the pinnacle of a pyramid that includes every living being on Earth. Having reached a level of evolution unseen so far with the help of the Inverted Balanced Hackmons mechanics, the oceanic deity emerges from the stormy sea whilst wielding a fittingly divine weapon - judging and purifying the sins of all foes that stand before it with a ray of holy water-infused light.

Hey all. I’m Itachi, admin of the clan Heavenly Dragon Gods. It is basically my first RMT on P.O. so please don’t go too harsh on me ;P. I’m new to this Inverted Balanced Hackmons tier. My brother Lance encouraged me to play this meta, so I took his team and played for a while and it took me some-time to understand the ups and downs of this meta. Then we decided to build a team together. The Oceanic Empire had many versions until it was perfected. The idea was to go full nuke and bring destruction to the ladder. But we came to find that was not easy as it seems.

[​IMG]

I’m #1 and #3 on the ladder.​

The team at a glance:

As the name suggests, the team is centred around the almighty Primal Kyogre. The Sea-Basin Pokémon is backed up by the “God of the Pokémon Universe, Arceus” in three of its forms along with the signature Pokémon of the Inverted Balanced Hackmons meta and the undeniable face of this metagame, Mega Mewtwo Y.
    The team has proved very successful on the ladder. This is itself an example of perfection but as all say that nothing is 100% perfect. I have lost 2 battles while using it. One was when I got disconnected and couldn’t log back in time and other was when my opponent had two Contrary Mega Sceptile and they critted my Arceus-Fighting and I lost the Speed tie against them. Many people have asked about the sets and items of my team so here is my team for you all:
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Team building process:

Since the plan was to go all nuke, we started with Desolate Land Reshiram holding a Flame Plate so it can’t be beaten by Imposters. To bring more pressure we added a Soul Dew Mega Latios. The dynamic duo was ready to shine. I think four Abilities are really essential for Inverted Balanced Hackmons, and they are Mold Breaker, Imposter, Unaware and Magic Bounce. So, I used Mega Venusaur with Mold Breaker, Arceus-Fighting with Unaware and Magic Bounce Lugia. Magic Bounce was nice on Lugia as it was immune to toxic spikes and could spin very well too. Finally, to revenge kill used the best imposter ever Chansey. The first version of the team was ready.

After playing few games we came to know that Desolate Land Reshiram was not that good as it had less bulk and Dragon was not an optimal typing. We replaced it with Desolate Land Primal Groudon as it had the bulk to come and take some hits. The rest of the team remained untouched. This was the second version of the team.

We realised Fire was not a good type in terms of Offense in IBH. So, we replaced Primal Groudon with Primal Kyogre. Our buddy fsk gave us the idea to use Splash Plate Judgement Primal Kyogre. This was third version of the team.

The team lacked Speed and was easily threatened by Contrary Mega Sceptile. So, instead of Adaptability Mega Latios, we used Adaptability Arceus. Also, we replaced Mega Venusaur with Magic Bounce Arceus-Ice and gave Mold Breaker to Lugia. This was fourth version of the team.

The team was working well but was still pretty weak to Contrary sweepers so we replaced Lugia with Mold Breaker Arceus-Grass. Now, the team had 4 Arceus and the Adaptability Arceus was working great. After having a friendly against each other, me and Lance realised the team still lacked fire power so I replaced Adaptability Arceus with Protean Mega Mewtwo Y. The fifth and final version of the team was ready to the rock the ladder.

A closer look at the team:

[​IMG]

Chansey (F) @ Eviolite
    Trait: Imposter
    EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 252 SAtk / 252 SDef / 252 Spd
    IVs: 0 Atk
    Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
    - Heal Bell
    - Soft-Boiled
    - Spikes
    - Wish

Imposter Chansey itself is the definition of Balanced Hackmons and is no less in Inverted Balanced Hackmons. Evolite and that massive HP enables it to revenge kill most Sweepers. It is one of the four pillars which must be used in any Inverted Balanced Hackmons team.
    With massive bulk it becomes a world-class revenge-killer. But not only that, if any of my Pokémon becomes impostered then I simply send Chansey and spam Spikes on the field and do the recovery as much I want.

[​IMG]

Arceus-Grass @ Rocky Helmet
    Trait: Mold Breaker
    EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Def / 252 SAtk / 252 SDef / 252 Spd
    Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
    - Pursuit
    - Toxic Spikes
    - Recover
    - Gastro Acid
    Shedinja is a real pain when it comes to team-building. Each time we have to build the team keeping it in the mind. Endeavor + Sturdy can take down most offensive teams. So, to keep the team Shedinja-proof here we have Mold Breaker Arceus-Grass with Rock Helmet. It is the second of the four pillars of Inverted Balanced Hackmons team. Rocky Helmet helps against physical sweepers like Refrigrate Kyurem-B and Aerilate Mega Rayquaza.
    Pursuit helps in taking down Shedinja if it tries to escape. I myself don’t like this move much but just to take out Sturdy attackers I had to give it a slot. Toxic Spikes is one of my favourite entry hazards, but using them in Inverted Balanced Hackmons is kind of a mixed-bag as Poison Heal users take advantage from it. But nonetheless, it’s really useful against Support-Arceus forms. They really hate it. As Poison Heal sweepers are really used a lot in Hackmons so to turn the table and use their own ability against them we have the good old Gastro Acid.

[​IMG]

Arceus-Fighting @ Safety Goggles
    Trait: Unaware
    - Gastro Acid
    - Circle Throw
    - Recover
    - Whirlwind
    Contrary is a go-to Ability in this meta. Mega Mewtwo Y and Mega Sceptile are considered the best spammers of this Ability. So, to check them, an Unaware Pokémon is must. It is third of the four pillars of Inverted Balanced Hackmons teams. Arceus-Fighting is the best Unaware user in this tier. I really love stalling with Recover against my opponent when the Toxic Spikes are on the opponent’s field. Safety Goggles are a must on Arceus-Fighting so can become immune to Spore.
    Gastro Acid is again to check those Poison Heal sweepers. I don’t know what I could have done without it. People love to Baton Pass the stat boosts to Magic Bouncers as they are hard to pseudo-Haze. In comes Circle Throw. With base 60 Power and STAB it hits really hard and psudo-Hazes them. Whirlwind is the optimal choice for pseudo-Hazing if any Pokémon is inside a substitute and spamming against the team.
    [​IMG]

Arceus-Ice @ Safety Goggles
    Trait: Magic Bounce
    - Rapid Spin
    - Stealth Rock
    - Whirlwind
    - Recover
    If you are using a mixed team then it’s for sure that you don’t want hazards on your side of field. Also, as there is no Sleep Clause in this tier, your whole team will be put to sleep unless you have a Magic Bouncer on your side. It is the fourth and final pillars of Inverted Balanced Hackoms teams. Arceus Ice is the best Magic Bouncer as it’s weak to Ice-type moves only and has most impressive bulk. Safety Goggles ensures that it stays awake against any Mold Breaker’s Spore.
    It also act as team’s Rapid Spinner and removes hazards. Stealth Rock helps in taking the Focus Sash Contrary spammers out. Also, I don’t want my team to be trapped and become dead against Soundproof Lugia, so to pseudo-Haze it I run Whirlwind.
    [​IMG]

Primal Kyogre @ Splash Plate
    Trait: Primordial Sea
    Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
    - Judgment
    - Boomburst
    - Quiver Dance
    - Recover
    Believe me if I say this thing has no checks and counters. Thanks to my buddy fsk for the idea of Primordial Sea Splash Plate Primal Kyogre. This thing can’t be Imposter-killed and that’s why it is the star of this team. The bulk and power it gains from a single Quiver Dance is enough to sweep entire teams. I love it when people send their Imposter Chansey and get 2HKO'd. They are like “what?” Primordial Sea boosts the power of its Judgment to astonishing levels while turning Primal Kyogre's Fire weakness into an immunity to that type of attack. Splash Plate not only makes Judgment Water type but also give it a 20% boost.
    Judgment is the Primary STAB and the weapon of mass destruction. Under infinite rain and with Splash Plate it 2HKOs every wall. If Primal Kogre gets +1 Quiver Dance then it’s a GG. There are some rare occasions when opponent has Storm Drain and Water Absorb so to clean the field I run Boomburst. Recover ensures that the Sea Basin Pokémon remains healthy.
    [​IMG]

Mega Mewtwo Y @ Choice Specs
    Trait: Protean
    Rash Nature (+SAtk, -SDef)
    - Boomburst
    - Extreme Speed
    - Trick
    - Techno Blast
    As my brother Lance always says, “as Tauros is to RBY OU, as Mewtwo is to RBY Ubers, as Snorlax is to GSC OU, as Primal Groudon is to ORAS Ubers, as Mega Rayquaza is to Anything Goes, and as Imposter Chansey is to Balanced Hackmons, Mega Mewtwo Y is to Inverted Balanced Hackmons, and it is undeniably the face of this metagame.” I really love this beast. That 150 base Attack, that insane 194 base Special Attack and 140 base Speed make this thing"THE WORLD’S MOST POWERFUL POKéMON EVER’’.This set was invented by none other than Lance himself. People become stunned when they witness the pure raw power. They often ask me that what Mega Mewtwo Y's item is. Well, here is your answer: Choice Specs. With Protean, Choice Specs and Rash Nature Mega Mewtwo Y’s Special Attack reaches an insane level of 802. It OHKOs almost any Pokémon after entry hazards.
    Boomburst is the primary STAB. The 140 base power along with Protean turns this move into a nuclear bomb. I love finishing the game in 6 turns by spamming Boomburst all over the field. Still, there are some Pokémon which are immune to this move thanks to the Ability Soundproof. But don’t worry we have another weapon in our arsenal for them: Techno Blast. It hits really hard and has 120 base power. It 2HKOs any Pokémon. Extreme Speed is given a slot to revenge kill opponent’s sweeper when their health is very low. Finally, Trick is for the Imposter Chansey which thinks it can wall my Mega Mewtwo Y.

Lance : My brother and the co-creator of this team. The best RMT maker ever. Thanks for the help in making this RMT.

fsk : Our IBH buddy. Thanks for the idea of Splash Plate Judgement Primal-Kyogre.

Sandglass : Thanks for that music video idea.

Lacus Clyne : Thanks for always staying in the channel. Your presence helps a lot.

I couldn’t save any replay as I mostly play on android.

Chansey (F) @ Eviolite
    Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
    - Heal Bell
    - Soft-Boiled
    - Spikes
    - Wish

Arceus-Grass @ Rocky Helmet
    Trait: Mold Breaker
    - Pursuit
    - Toxic Spikes
    - Recover
    - Gastro Acid

Arceus-Fighting @ Safety Goggles
    Trait: Unaware
    - Gastro Acid
    - Circle Throw
    - Recover
    - Whirlwind

Arceus-Ice @ Safety Goggles
    Trait: Magic Bounce
    - Rapid Spin
    - Stealth Rock
    - Whirlwind
    - Recover

Primal Kyogre @ Splash Plate
    Trait: Primordial Sea
    Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
    - Judgment
    - Boomburst
    - Quiver Dance
    - Recover

Mega Mewtwo Y @ Choice Specs
    Trait: Protean
    Rash Nature (+SAtk, -SDef)
    - Boomburst
    - Extreme Speed
    - Trick
    - Techno Blast

On the final note, I loved using this team and enjoyed laddering with it. I hope you will enjoy too. Also, please play Inverted Balanced Hackmons, this tier is full of possibilities and fun. You all will love it.​

Last edited: Jul 27, 2016
    J0RIS, xDesch, Edna and 2 others like this.
  2. fsk

fsk Kept hacking Tier Leader Server Moderator Tier Leader Server Moderator

PO Trainer Name:
    fsk
    Hi MSD, congrats on ur peak and nice team.
    As u just have seen recently I brought up several new threats to the tier on ladder, namely that kyogre, and the mmy with moody taunt. I would have to say that the arceus-grass+ice+fighting combo is pretty much the same as what u and Lance already use in Lance's RMT, and perhaps added some minor revision by changing parting shot to circle throw. The combo is tested to be successful.
    The new threat that u and Lance brought by this new team is basically the last member, and imo the most important one: MMY with spec protean techno blast, while beating my common soundproof and force no switch in. This single mon really makes the team.
    Speaking of threat, many ur mons can either phase that kyogre out or stop it by gastric acid, so not a big problem.
    but speaking of mega sceptile spamming team, u may still have some trouble: when stealth rock damaged 25% of arceus-fighting, it cannot switch into it. And the life orb variant can even 2hko it at full health.
    The team maybe a bit weak to priority refrigerate user too,due to both sweeper weak to it and forced out. Arceus-grass can deal with it, but both sweepers being forced out is kinda annoying.
    Hope this may help

Lord Itachi likes this.
  3. Lord Itachi

Lord Itachi Amaterasu

Hey fsk. Thanks for the rate. Yeah, Mega Sceptile is a pain to check sometimes but thanks to the toxic spikes and recover on my every arceus, I try to psudo-haze it every time it comes and try to stall it to death. Also, refrigerate users are also tried to be taken down by toxic spikes+ recover method. Though it's not that great method.

Last edited: Jul 28, 2016
  4. fsk

PO Trainer Name:
    fsk
    Oh btw
    Chansey (F) @ Eviolite
    U should change that IV back to 31 since you may need to imposter physical attacker and the IVs are not actually copied by imposter; so 31 on IV attack is better in general to gain better power when impostering physical attacker.

5. Lord Itachi

Lord Itachi Amaterasu

Thanks again. I'll keep that in mind.

6. xDesch

xDesch New Member

Hey Itachi, great team you've got there! The team is successful, well presented and was all in all a good read.

I haven't really experimented much in (I)BH on PO, so I may not be able to come with critique or suggestions, but maybe that will change one day. However, I can say that while it's true that IVs are not copied when transforming into another 'mon, the exact stats are being copied (for every stat barring HP), meaning running 0 Atk EVs on Chansey is not a bad idea, as the attack stat will be the same when impostering a physical attacker. At least that's the way it is supposed to work.

Lord Itachi likes this.
  7. Lord Itachi

Lord Itachi Amaterasu

Hey Desch. Thanks for the rate. Yeah, I have started considering IVs now. Also, you should start playing Inverted Balanced Hackmons. You will love it.

Last edited: Jul 29, 2016
    xDesch likes this.
  8. fsk

PO Trainer Name:
    fsk
    oh my bad :v
    Indeed the ivs are not copied, but the stat seems to be the same. So only thing that matters is the hidden power etc concerning impostering iv difference. (so the 0iv on attack is legit) i got it confused :v

Lord Itachi likes this.
Moderators: Edna, fsk